Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

Hey guys, that attack Fletchling used when it flapped its wings and slashes of air rained down; was that Razor Wind perhaps? We can only assume considering we know nothing else about about Fletchling's supposed move set. At least it didn't turn out to be Wing Attack.

Anyways, I thought the episode was cool. Froakie showing his concern for Bonnie was sweet, and he's learning to listen to his trainer as well.

Oh god that wigglytuff, caught me off guard for a second there.

All and all a pretty fun episode I enjoyed it, especially the froakie battle, its seriousness really gives me hope that ash will finally have a fully evolved water starter (for once).
    Friend code: 4897 7047 8708

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    This episode was even better than I thought it would be.

The first scene with Serena was kinda charming. By the way she talked to her mother, I can clearly sense her being the complete opposite of her mother. I like this conflicting side where Serena seems to oppose her mother all the time.

The part where the gang is together in Lumiose are really touching. Clemont comments how brave Ash was during the previous crisis and Bonnie cheerfully asks to hurry to get to the Pokémon Center so Ash can register in the Kalos League. Before departing, where Ash thought it would be time to say good bye to Clemont and Bonnie, the siblings tell Ash how they are impressed by him and how they want to follow him throughout his journey. He accepts, and they all head to Route 4 as a small, lovely group. That was actually very nice to see.

Back to the beautiful Serena, she pets Rhyhorn and is about to go to Sycamore's laboratory. Her mother asks if she have decided which Pokémon she was going to choose, and she, surprisingly, answers yes (I was stunned, since I got used to Dawn's undecided choice back in Twinleaf Town). But when her mom asks which, she tells her it's a secret. I think it was a nice way to start her journey!

The meeting with Dedenne was to me very cute. I've never seen Bonnie with such heart for a Pokémon. I was dying of cuteness. But then the rude Fletchling appears, and breaks all that cuteness. Good way to show Fletchling's wild attitude! Dedenne goes, crying, and Bonnie is really sad. She even starts to cry a little bit and Froakie notices that, giving him a brave battle spirit! Froakie is a very caring Pokémon, wow! Not to mention that quick battle between Fletchling and Froakie was awesome. The only down I have with this episode is the Beedrill chase (the boring classic) and Clemont's invention, which seemed useless...

Going back to Team Rocket, where James catches Inkay. So sweet, I was hoping him to get it! And he seemed so happy about it, too (laughed a little when I saw Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet taking it as a mistake, eheh).

The "rematch" between Fletchling and Froakie in the rocky area was the best battle I've seen in a long time, in all honesty. Wow, that battle was one of a kind. Using the field as its own advantage, Froakie's speed and its foam as a decoy... everything! A lot of action, too! Yes, Ash definitely sharpen his skills with this battle! And then, to add some mystery to the episode, Dedenne is watching the group as they continue on the road...

Finally, when Serena arrives at Sycamore's laboratory, she questions the professor about Ash, and I can confirm she gets all the information she needs here; when Sycamore tells her "Ash", she confirms her uncertainty about Ash being that "boy from the past" (she technically knew his name, just wanted the confirmation so she can chase the right boy) and Sycamore also tells her they are heading to Santalune, which is probably where she plans to go next. Sycamore asks her if she decided which starter she wants to choose, she answers again yes, and then the 3 of them appear, as joyfull as ever, waiting to see which of them is going to take off with that gorgeous young lady...

Overall, amazing episode. Giving it the note 9/10! Very neat way to start off the new journey!
    You know japanese??

Where the heck have you been hiding??

Can you translate what TR were talking about with Giovanni??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

So, now Wigglytuff is the new Pokémon nurse ... poor Blissey must be crying in a corner about how screwed she gets D:

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    You know japanese??

Where the heck have you been hiding??

Can you translate what TR were talking about with Giovanni??
    Absolutely nothing important from what I understood. Just the basic, We've arrived in the new region and are gonna get all the pokeymans for you boss and Giovanni was like sounds good my goonsquad and TR got happy about his blessing. Yeaaah. Serious TR pretty much dead. Doubt Giovanni will appear anymore in XY. But who knows, maybe. He DID get that re-design after all.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Three episodes in and it already feels like an absolute boring grind through this region. Where is anything special or different going on? I've forgiven a lot with this show in the past but literally everything about this series feels like the writers coasting and putting in no effort, for example, the Beedrill crap. Serena still hasn't done a thing to distinguish herself beyond being Ash's useless waifu. Bonnie is incredibly annoying and serves no purpose whatsoever on this cast. Clemont's running joke has little life in it.

You know, flame me and give me negative reps for not giving it a positive review, I don't care. It won't change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Absolutely nothing important from what I understood. Just the basic, We've arrived in the new region and are gonna get all the pokeymans for you boss and Giovanni was like sounds good my goonsquad and TR got happy about his blessing. Yeaaah. Serious TR pretty much dead. Doubt Giovanni will appear anymore in XY. But who knows, maybe. He DID get that re-design after all.
    He got redesigned so boss fantasies would be easy to animate. Mark my words.

Otherwise that's a shame. I hope we get more informations about Giovanni's plans soon. Maybe getting Pokémon is just a way Giovanni tells Team Rocket trio "Don't mess up our real plans" ?
    I hope you aren't serious.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

To be fair TEam Rocket did say in the first episode they wanted to catch as many Pokemon as they could so they could make an army to overthrow Kalos

Just saw the episode and I'm loving the detail in this season. When froakie used water pulse in the canyon area the first time, he jumped past it and it showed thewater pulse passing by and hitting the wall in the background. Just little things like that impress me.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Connection View Post
    To be fair TEam Rocket did say in the first episode they wanted to catch as many Pokemon as they could so they could make an army to overthrow Kalos
    They have said something along those lines in every saga. Even in AG and DP. It's just like in the movies where they say they will steal a Legendary Pokémon for the Boss and then almost every time a Legendary is in front of them, they barely do anything.

Another great episode in the saga.

Interesting how they went with three plots in this episode. The "heroes," Team Rocket (without actually interacting with the group, so rejoice haters) and Serena.

I like Fletchling and the whole capture segment but I wish Jessie would have caught Inkay over James.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Interesting how they went with three plots in this episode. The "heroes," Team Rocket (without actually interacting with the group, so rejoice haters) and Serena.
    You do realize that a lot of people that are upset with TRio this saga aren't "haters," right? Many people upset with TR this saga are huge fans of them and are upset with how they turned out especially after being so awesome in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Wait, Giovanni just wants Pokemon now? Seriously? What happened to all his diabolical schemes? This is a new low for Team Rocket; the trio just went to Kalos and has nothing major to do other than to steal Pokemon, which of course they won't manage to do. So basically they'll have no real goal and they'll only disappoint Giovanni. What a mess.
    Team Rocket's core goal has always been to build the strongest Pokemon army. Aside from the Meteonite(which we don't know much about anyway) every one of their plans even in BW was about getting certain Pokemon.

I preferred serious TR, I really did. But I can live with this especially if they remain semi cool like the first XY episode. I still like them as characters so if their personalities show off more then ok. I just wanna see Ash and his Pokemon be awesome at the end of the day, nothing else truly matters to me in regards to the treatment of anyone else. So XY is looking very strong for me so far.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 25th October 2013 at 12:41 AM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

It was an nice episode, started off smoothly with the interactions between Eureka, Satoshi and Citron. I liked how they were talking about how they were friends now and all in this together and all and the scenery of the city was, once again, nice to look at. The continued interactions with their relief after the scene with the rabid Spear, Citron's weird invention to lure Yayakamo to them, Eureka's fawning over Dedenne and how Dedenne crying and running away drove her to tears were great. Even the group shout scene was really perfect and I'm happy that Kerometsu got to be involved in it too. Chemistry was solid Pokemon and human wise.

As for Kerometsu, it was just so cool. I enjoyed its facial expression and how it was all chill during the scenes with Okido-Hakase, though I don't care about his character or Rotom, the scenes with Kerometsu meeting him were worth it. The way it was battling for Eureka's sake and saw her crying and wanted to help and immediately jumped into action and wasn't having any Pikachu intervention made it look awesome XD It's such a stubborn and tough Pokemon. Loved how it slammed the ground when it was tired from the battle, smiling with glee from defeating its opponent and was willing to share an Oran with the newly caught Yayakamo. I said it once and I'll say it again, I like Kerometsu's characterization, it's refreshing to have another Pokemon not defined by one personality trait who isn't one-note in its actions either. Nothing special to say about Yayakamo, it was a typical standard bird capture. Double Team, Peck and Air Cutter moveset wise isn't garbage, we haven't seen much of Double Team these days but I'm pretty unimpressed by it. Doesn't seem to have much of a defining personality either outside typical species behaviors. I'm still quite bitter Serena didn't get Yayakamo, she has a pet Yayakamo in her house it was entertaining, plus Satoshi getting the bird is just expected and basic. When I see Serena getting the bird, I'm more interested because it would have been something different and new from the usual formula, but whatever. Surprised they didn't make use of its Fire-type characteristics, right from the start it would have shown Yayakamo in a different light from other birds.

Battle was not bad, a bit too quick but it was okay/good. Neither Kerometsu or Yayakamo have super interesting moves, so the use of more tactics, the terrain and their natural talents to spice things up a little helped that. Kerometsu's evasion of Air Cutter was beautifully animated, the use of little things like Kerometsu's frubbles to make a false Kerometsu to catch Yayakamo with Bubble(Substitution ninja trick reference?), its jumping to even out the battle and the use of the field to maneuver well made the battle fun overall. As for the B-Plot of the episode. All of Serena's scenes were pretty meh to me except the one where she decided to pick the opposite hat her mother suggested. XD A large step back in entertainment from her actions in the last two episodes with how she was thrown around by Sihorn, tried to make mince meat outta a robin, covered in bandages and annoyed with her mom which were amusing for her. I don't care for them dragging out this Serena joining the group thing for too long, I mainly want to find out what her goal is already, I hope it isn't just to find Satoshi and possible win his heart like many speculated. I really did like seeing Kerometsu, Harimaron and Fokko all together at the end though.

As for the C-Plot, I cared little for TR's scenes. Maika munching on a croissant(OMG! POKE-FRANCE!!1??11) was cute and Maika is a cute Pokemon in-general and I'm glad Kojiro got it over Musashi at least. But the dialogue between them and Sakaki pretty much just being generic goonsquad bantering about getting strong Pokemon was disappointing to say the least. So they essentially have no real goal in Kalos, competent TR, pretty much six-feet under at this point. Even Episode N level Rockets would have been acceptable, I just can't believe TR won't have any real purpose in this show again. It was refreshing they didn't cross paths with Satoshi-tachi this episode though. wish the whole Spear scene was axed, though I did like the interactions that it caused, I'm just so tired of that gag being played by this point.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 25th October 2013 at 1:18 AM.

That Pokedex voice... Oh my lord haha why you do this?
    I never expect TR to be serious mainly due to how poorly their last attempt at it went.
    Froakie's got that Treecko vibe to him which I like, really hoping he doesn't become Oshawott.
    But overall the series is pretty solid, but it's strong point is the comedy aspect... You may want to be careful with that.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I think you could help Team Rocket's situation a lot by having them actually catch a wild Pokemon once in a while and send it to Giovanni, just at the start of an episode or something. Make it feel like they are accomplishing something without making them seem cruel by actually taking someone else's Pokemon.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Wait a minute, I thought Serena had a Fletchling. This means there will be two Fletchlings on the same group, won't it?

Glad James got Inkay. Love that thing. It's definitely going to evolve down the line.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought Serena had a Fletchling. This means there will be two Fletchlings on the same group, won't it?

Glad James got Inkay. Love that thing. It's definitely going to evolve down the line.
    That fletchling is a house pet, like rhyhorn.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Guys careful with the subs. Like Dephender said they are most likely largely inaccurate.

Still a shame about TR though. I really hope they at least have missions from time to time.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

This episode basically hints that Serena will unintentionally land into the role of Rhyhorn Racer. Or maybe as soemthing that she's good at but doesn't want to be.

I liked Fletchling, Inkay, and Dedenne. I have no real issues with this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Serena still hasn't done a thing to distinguish herself beyond being Ash's useless waifu..
    I didn't know that she started her journey in episode 1. Oh wait, her journey hasn't even started.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I didn't know that she started her journey in episode 1. Oh wait, her journey hasn't even started.
    Uh... considering that you're pretty much acknowledging that she's a main character who's done utterly nothing three episodes into the series, you're actually agreeing with me.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butter View Post
    Three episodes in and it already feels like an absolute boring grind through this region.
    Boring? Would you rather want this series to be like the BW series where Ash dexes every single Pokémon (including the ones he's seen before) and act like a beginning trainer?
    *rolls eyes*

Where is anything special or different going on? I've forgiven a lot with this show in the past but literally everything about this series feels like the writers coasting and putting in no effort, for example, the Beedrill crap.
    XY bashing much?

Serena still hasn't done a thing to distinguish herself beyond being Ash's useless waifu.
    Yeah, you must've thought that Serena was gonna be like Dawn/May/Iris and she'll get a big amount screentime right at the beginning of a new series.

But Instead of her, this time Clemont and Bonnie are getting screentime in the episodes so far....and it's something different from the AG, DP and BW series.

Only three episodes has been aired so far and I think It's too soon to judge her like that, so stop calling her "useless" and just wait until she meets up with Ash.

Bonnie is incredibly annoying and serves no purpose whatsoever on this cast. Clemont's running joke has little life in it.
    Whatever....I found Bonnie better than Max.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 25th October 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Really liking the battles in this series so far- Froakie is already such a ninja with that decoy/pseudo-substitute trick. Bonnie is still very cute and liked the group huddle too. And now Ash has three Pokemon, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does for the upcoming Gym battle. Heh, Serena definitely has a lot of personality. Didn't think Pokemon journeys started out quite that quickly, especially since she was (reluctantly) practicing Rhyhorn riding. She sure reached Lumiose fast, and cute how she immediately asked about Ash. Well, that general area of Kalos is pretty close together, so she should catch up soon.

Standard third episode, but I'm really liking the energy everyone has, as well as the quirks- cute Bonnie, Clement with his inventions and Ash is doing pretty well on the battling front so far. Almost a full group, really liking this series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Three episodes in and it already feels like an absolute boring grind through this region. Where is anything special or different going on? I've forgiven a lot with this show in the past but literally everything about this series feels like the writers coasting and putting in no effort, for example, the Beedrill crap. Serena still hasn't done a thing to distinguish herself beyond being Ash's useless waifu. Bonnie is incredibly annoying and serves no purpose whatsoever on this cast. Clemont's running joke has little life in it.

You know, flame me and give me negative reps for not giving it a positive review, I don't care. It won't change my mind.

He got redesigned so boss fantasies would be easy to animate. Mark my words.

I hope you aren't serious.
    That's some strong negativity you got there. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we only three episodes in? And in your post you acknowledged the fact that we're only three episodes into the series. Why are you bashing the series as a whole when we have only seen 1% of it?

The characters didn't even start traveling the region until this episode, and the first two opening episodes to the new series were almost entirely dedicated to Lumiose. Ash just caught his first two Pokemon in the new region in the first three episodes, that's something special. Ash just met two new friends and now has traveling companions, that's something special. Ash isn't throwing PokeBalls and dexing every single Pokemon he comes across all willy nilly like he did in BW anymore, he even dedicated his battle against Fletchling to using strategies rather than just jumping in and calling out moves. He flipped his hat for god's sake, all of that is very special.

I think you're just hating on the series just to cause needless drama, because if you weren't, you wouldn't be judging a new series as a whole just by the first three episodes. Also, Serena didn't start off her journey the same ime Ash reached the region, nor has she chosen her first Pokemon yet, and she's a part-time Rhyhorn racer, that's all big enough characteristics in my eyes that distinguish her from the other girls.

As has already been mentioned, there are no accurate translations for this episode as of yet, and anything you may have watched will have been primarily guesswork. Please do not base your understanding of any dialogue off any such thing.

If nothing else, that bit where James caught Inkey with out fighting it and Jessie and Meowth were like "the heck?!" was pretty hilarious.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast