Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I don't know, it still felt kinda generic. And I feel like that personality will go away after its capture.
    I hope not actually. That would suck :/
    Because most of Ash's regional birds, if not all, were bland compared to his other pokemon. Hopefully Fletchling can break that cycle.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalMovies View Post
    According to Flynn from bmgf, this episode got a 5.1% rating.
    The ratings always seem to irk me lol This episode went down by 0.2 from the first two episodes. But meh, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I hope not actually. That would suck :/
    Because most of Ash's regional birds, if not all, were bland compared to his other pokemon. Hopefully Fletchling can break that cycle.
    Hmm... I'm not so sure about that. I feel like once it evolves it'll be just like all the regional birds that Ash has caught. I hate the cycle but that's how I feel like it'll be unfortunately.
    ~ Pokémon XY ~

Let the amazing adventures begin!
    ♪ On a side note, I'm a big fan of SatoxSere Shipping. They look so perfect together! ♫

Great episode, I pretty much enjoyed all of it. The battles are still looking awesome and the animation is still great. I give it a 8/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I loved this episode, pretty entertaining. Ash doesn't look like his noob-ish Unova "counterpart" anymore. Fletchling, Pikachu, Clemont, Dedenne, Froakie, Bonnie, Ash, TR, Serena even Prof. Sycamore, everybody is full of personality and I'm loving the dynamics and chemistry this saga. A solid 10/10.

It's such a joy to watch Pokémon episodes from beginning to end like back in OS/AG/DP days. :')
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 31st October 2013 at 10:05 PM.

I love how James has his own Pokedex.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Guys can u tell me where can i watch pokemon xy epsidoe 806 dubbed plzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by enci View Post
    Guys can u tell me where can i watch pokemon xy epsidoe 806 dubbed plzzzz
    you can't. It hasn't been dubbed yet.

where can i watch the english version?

Quote Originally Posted by doulie View Post
    where can i watch the english version?
    do you mean the dubbed version of this episode? i'm sorry if its that you're looking for then it hasn't been aired

I'm watching the dubbed version of this episode right now, & right now there are a few things I can think of:
    • I have to say that the music is more enjoyable and lovable this time since I purposely decided not to listen to RAW. Though it may not sound exactly like the games, the dub BGM kind of reminded me of the music from the original series
    • The Kalos region's Nurse Joy sounds younger than the previous two versions
    • The Pokédex's voice sounds WAY better than the original version
    • RAW or dub, Bonnie's is freakin' cute
    • Is it just me, or does Prof. Sycamore sound a little different?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 1st February 2014 at 2:00 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Wow i been waiting for this episode for months and it is finally here, the wait was well worth it as it was a good episode, Fletchling and Froakie look to be great battlers for Ash i can't wait to see them in an actual battle. It was great to see Serena get more screen time and i still say she sounds nothing like Dawn or Iris.

I kinda like how they give Nurse Joy a new voice with each region.

The pokedex voice is also much better on the ears than the original.

Maybe they'll give Jenny a new voice too.

A pretty okay episode. They got the Froakie not listening bit out of the way fast, which I'm thankful for. No real complaints on my end.

Also, yes, I did think Sycamore sounded different as well. Probably changed his VA or something like that.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

They changed Sycamore's VA, now he sounds like what I thought he'd sound like. A cool and collective young hotrod :P

I liked how the dub did the episode, you can always count on TPCi for some downright hilarious lines, like "INKAY TOOK THE BAIT" and of course whenever Clemont is about to do his science thing.

Oh and I love Dexter's new voice, a lot.

Surprisingly not really any standout bad lines that I can remember for the dub. Well ash said something about being psyched again, but other than that. Dedenne sounds exactly how I expected, pretty much fletchling too. Honestly, I'm waiting until serena is actually on the mainű cast to make a judgement for her dub character.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Wow Ash seems so much calm in this series compared to BW. He actually was not running to get registered and he thought about how to catch Fletchling. In the other series he just tossed the pokeball first. Weird thing is the To Be Continued is still absent. Not sure if this is dub only or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    They changed Sycamore's VA, now he sounds like what I thought he'd sound like. A cool and collective young hotrod :P

I liked how the dub did the episode, you can always count on TPCi for some downright hilarious lines, like "INKAY TOOK THE BAIT" and of course whenever Clemont is about to do his science thing.

Oh and I love Dexter's new voice, a lot.
    Does female Dexter have a name or is it just Dexter? I was hoping it was something female like DeDe but realize that would be too much of a Dexter's Lab reference. XD

Still don't see why fans about being and moaning about voices. Guess some are still pissy about the change and need to complain and not be mature.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 1st February 2014 at 2:33 PM.

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but Sycamore's voice sounded SO MUCH better in the redub! The Pokedex's voice was pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Does female Dexter have a name or is it just Dexter? I was hoping it was something female like DeDe but realize that would be too much of a Dexter's Lab reference. XD
    Actually, in the Hoenn dub, they sometimes referred to the pokédex as Dextette

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    We're moaning/complaining about some of them because they don't fit, and some never have, that's why: has nothing to do with maturity here.
    And yet it is only the nostalgia fans. It fits fine. People need to accept change or get off the internet and hide in a hole. Don't like don't watch. Simple logic for simple people. People bash the actors for stupid petty reasons and it needs to stop. Only like %10 of the actual fanbase are complaining and those people are over 18.

When an actor of the anime calls out fans for doing this stupid act on Twitter you know you are in the wrong.

And yet it is only the nostalgia fans. It fits fine. People need to accept change or get off the internet and hide in a hole. Don't like don't watch. Simple logic for simple people. People bash the actors for stupid petty reasons and it needs to stop. Only like %10 of the actual fanbase are complaining and those people are over 18.

When an actor of the anime calls out fans for doing this stupid act on Twitter you know you are in the wrong.
    There's nothing nostalgic about wanting characters to sound age appropriate in the dub, which I sincerely feel Ash, TR, and Bonnie don't.

I wanted to give it a chance to see if I'd like it: I like some actors, and I don't like others. I mean, I do like the English dub's voice for the Kalos PokeDex over the original and I do like Haven Paschall as Serena as well as the improved performance of Prof. Sycamore's English VA.

Simple logic for simple people? I think we're giving them fair criticism and praise where it's due depending on how they do: it's not mindless complaining for the sake of it.

On the contrary, it means they can't take constructive criticism of their performances: any fan can blindly praise the VAs if they want, but it takes effort to show them where they're going wrong with their approaches to them.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 1st February 2014 at 4:24 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It's not only the "nostalgia fans". If someone can't take criticism of an anime they didn't even dub, I think THEY'RE the ones who should get off the internet. They're not "bashing", they're "criticizing". If needed, I can explain why my favored actors are better than those I like less.

Where can I find a link to this?
    Last edited by Professor Stan Oak; 1st February 2014 at 2:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Stan Oak View Post
    It's not only the "nostalgia fans". If someone can't take criticism of an anime they didn't even dub, I think THEY'RE the ones who should get off the internet. They're not "bashing", they're "criticizing". If needed, I can explain why my favored actors are better than those I like less.
    There is a difference between criticizing and just moaning like a child not getting a ice cream. The critiquing for Ash and Team Rocket should of ended by now. Funny thing is I never see people "critiquing" newer characters. It is usually Ash and the rockets getting it for not being the 4Kids era people or imitating them which really would be pretty big FU to the original actors in the first place. (Sure we will replace you for sound alikes just to save money) While it works for Looney Toons and Disney since the person died and are being respected I think in Pokemon's case it would be a huge middle finger to the older cast. I much rather have that era gone but respected over being pooped on my the higher ups myself.

There is a difference between criticizing and just moaning like a child not getting a ice cream. The critiquing for Ash and Team Rocket should of ended by now. Funny thing is I never see people "critiquing" newer characters. It is usually Ash and the rockets getting it for not being the 4Kids era people or imitating them which really would be pretty big FU to the original actors in the first place. (Sure we will replace you for sound alikes just to save money) While it works for Looney Toons and Disney since the person died and are being respected I think in Pokemon's case it would be a huge middle finger to the older cast. I much rather have that era gone but respected over being pooped on my the higher ups myself.
    You're right; it should have ended if the dubbers would either direct the current actors better or find more fitting actors, as well as write better lines for them. But did they do that? No. Also, people have complained about the voices for even the new characters. Not me, personally (besides Bonnie), but other people. To say that people critique Ash and TRio just because they're from the 4Kids era would imply that they're biased to 4Kids and against TPCi, and while this might apply to some, it doesn't to others - there are some actors I didn't like from 4Kids, and don't from TPCi.

You're also correct in that imitating 4Kids wouldn't let them stand out on their own, but they're doing just that. They even went through the trouble of remixing the 1st opening!

I gave each dub a fair chance, and each one has its problems.
    Last edited by Professor Stan Oak; 1st February 2014 at 3:07 PM.

Not sure if a script error/ mistranslation or the characters not thinking clearly, but when Serena's mom says "remember to practice your Ryhorn racing!" isn't there no way that Serena could do that without having one in her team? (and she cannot have a secret Ryhorn hidden away because she said that she is on her way to get her first pokemon)

But to make it even stranger, Serena says that she will do that even though it is not possible yet. (unless she is already making plans to capture a Ryhorn?) Maybe she was just in auto answer mom mode?

I thought it was a fine episode otherwise.
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 1st February 2014 at 3:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Not sure if a script error/ mistranslation or the characters not thinking clearly, but when Serena's mom says "remember to practice your Ryhorn racing!" isn't there no way that Serena could do that without having one in her team? (and she cannot have a secret Ryhorn hidden away because she said that she is on her way to get her first pokemon)

But to make it even stranger, Serena says that she will. Maybe she was just in auto answer mom mode?
    Nope, it is not an error or mistranslation. Her mother says the same thing in the original as well. Serena doesn't need a Rhyhorn on her team to practice, but I think her mother meant that to practice and participate in more Rhyhorn races where, as I am sure you now know, a participant can borrow a Rhyhorn.
    So no error on that part.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast