Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen VI Community POTW #001

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTypeMaster View Post
    Oh, and one last thing. Since I'm doing this based on the game we are currently playing, I'm NOT going to use Bulletproof since it's the Hidden Ability and we've got no idea how to get it, for now. With that ability we can use a different moveset since it denies damage from some popular and/or effective moves against Chestnaught.
    You can get hidden abilities from the Friend Safari, provided you have a "grass-type" friend with Quilladin in their safari. To find out, you'll probably need to go around using moves that would be blocked by Bulletproof, otherwise you won't really have any idea what its ability is.

Considering Speed lies in the dead zone between Bases 51 and 79, Hammer Arm is pretty good for a Trick Room set. Tanking with Spikes, Spiky Shield, and Leech Seed while zooming ahead of faster Pokémon in a Trick Room is a decent strategy to annoy an opponent while dealing large chips of damage.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by MythrilZenith View Post
    You can get hidden abilities from the Friend Safari, provided you have a "grass-type" friend with Quilladin in their safari. To find out, you'll probably need to go around using moves that would be blocked by Bulletproof, otherwise you won't really have any idea what its ability is.
    Right, my bad. Just noticed that almost every pokémon can be caught in the Friend Safari with its hidden. Still, using the same movesets with Bulletproof instead of Overgrow would just multiply it's efficiency in battle, but it also gives room for more builds.
    Last edited by Miror; 29th October 2013 at 1:23 AM. Reason: Stay on topic

Chesnaught might seem like a good pokemon, but with its many weaknesses i would not think it would be in OU it will most likely be RU or UU. With that being said their are not to many good setup pokemon in those tiers.
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Impish
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Hp 156 Def 100 SpD
    Moves:
    -Spikes
    -Leach Seed
    -Spiky Shield/Substitute
    -Seed Bomb
    For seeing Chesnaught ability the other being bulletproof there is only one move that is super effective against it which is ice ball. Since you don't see ice ball at all in the meta game go with overgrow it can be helpful to get a little more power when Hp is low. Looking at its stats Chesnaught excels in defense and hp so EVs to those category will certainly help and the nature boosts defense and lowers special attack which is not that high. The reason for giving Chesnaught the 100 EVs in SpD is because when ever you have a wall pokemon one side can not being so much weaker than the other stat it help to balance it out. Moves are standard spikes are very useful leach seed can be very helpful to recover damage over time, a sub seed set can work too but if you don't like substitute than spiky shield can be run to hurt the opponents when attacking the physical defense. Seed bomb is only there for a stab move.

Verdict: Chesnaught has a great move pool to make it a great tank, but that will probably not be the case. It will be a great wall in the lower tiers but not OU because it is outclassed by ferrothorn and forrestress. Their will be many counters this pokemon because of its many weaknesses any special attacking fire, ice, physic, and any flying move will destroy Chesnaught. Although this pokemon might have flaws with the right strategy this pokemon could perform quite well. With that being said it is welcome to the meta game as well as the other gen VI pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by MythrilZenith View Post
    To find out, you'll probably need to go around using moves that would be blocked by Bulletproof, otherwise you won't really have any idea what its ability is.
    Just send out a pokemon with the Trace ability at the head of your party when you Friend Safari. It'll tell you the ability of the opponent.
    3DS FC: 1821 9722 6232
    Name: Bosch
    Zone: Fighting. Contains Meditite/Pancham/Hariyama
    Currently: breeding 5IV Corphish
    For trade: GEN6 5IV LIST

I hope no one forgets about Quilladin. It has decent eviolite worthy defenses, although I doubt Leech seed and Pain Split are considered a good source of recovering HP.

I need people for Friend Safari
    2DS friend code (Pokemon Y): 5000-2976-5362
    Send a private message my way if you add me.

Spoiler:- Previous In-Game Teams:

Quote Originally Posted by 2406Blackbird View Post
    I hope no one forgets about Quilladin. It has decent eviolite worthy defenses, although I doubt Leech seed and Pain Split are considered a good source of recovering HP.
    While not good for Recovery, per se, Pain Split against a high HP Target is pretty good for a "passive attack" Move. Blissey, Chans-Eviolite, and a few others with lots of HP and low offense are cannon fodder for Pain Split.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

After using chesnuaght for a bit, one thing i really do love is spiky shield: using it hand-in-hand with toxic and leech seed kills lots of pokes. With these three moves, one should carry either a fighting move, or my prefered option, shadow claw. so...

Chesnaught
    Leftovers, Impish
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Spiky Sheild
    Shadow Claw

Honestly, shadow claw is for treveant and aegislash....
    3DS: 0387-9436-2508: Friend Safari has Magmar, Ninetails, and Charmelon!
    PM meh. btw.

( I claim the master of all Grass Warriors )
    Breloom

Legit, non-eventShinys as of Diamond and Pearl:
    and now skrelp!

Chesnaught is like the best Starter Staller yet!
    Moondust Dragons Website/Chat: http://pokemoon.enjin.com/chat

Just letting you know there will be a short delay in posting. New writer since Miror has gone to do humanitarian work and they've yet to send it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12