Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

Say what you want, but I love that silly Team Rocket is back (I love the serious BW Rocket too, but I've missed theyr sillyness), plus they seem to actually be a threat this time. ^^ And Inkay was awesome.

Oh, and Dedenne is also awesome of course, but one of the things I liked the most was the Whole Hole scene, when Clemont mistook Pikachu for Dedenne, haha.

@Above
    Well, not all attacks fits having pretty animations and whatnot. ^^ Foul Play isn't really a 'energy' attack, it's more like Tackle in a way. Plus, it looked fairly strong.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Say what you want, but I love that silly Team Rocket is back (I love the serious BW Rocket too, but I've missed theyr sillyness), plus they seem to actually be a threat this time. ^^ And Inkay was awesome.

Oh, and Dedenne is also awesome of course, but one of the things I liked the most was the Whole Hole scene, when Clemont mistook Pikachu for Dedenne, haha.

@Above
    Well, not all attacks fits having pretty animations and whatnot. ^^ Foul Play isn't really a 'energy' attack, it's more like Tackle in a way. Plus, it looked fairly strong.
    What?? All Inkay did was throw Dedenne and it got right back up so how did it look strong O_o...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    What?? All Inkay did was throw Dedenne and it got right back up so how did it look strong O_o...
    I was fooling on Bulbapedia and I noticed that Inkay used 'Foul Play'. I tried to remember when could Inkay use such a move and then I remembered that aerial Circle Throw-like move. Yes, it's pretty disapointing for such an awesome move. I expected better. But how could you have imagined it, anyway ? I don't know... Something more "dark" or "sneaky" then that, maybe ? Hard to tell. But the way Inkay did it makes total sense to me. It uses the speed and strength of Dedenne's move to throw it back even harder, which is kinda Foul Play's principle.

Something I'm wondering though... How in the world did Clemont know about Dedenne's moves ? Maybe someone he knows used a Dedenne and he knows that Thunder Shock, Nuzzle and Tackle are basic moves for Dedenne ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 31st October 2013 at 10:56 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Mainly the crash and whatnot when it was thrown. Of course they could have made it more flashy, but I understand they didn't, as I said, just like Tackle, it's not a 'Power move'. Then again, neither is Wing Attack, but they added strong glowing light for it... oh well, personally, I am happy with it. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    I was fooling on Bulbapedia and I noticed that Inkay used 'Foul Play'. I tried to remember when could Inkay use such a move and then I remembered that aerial Circle Throw-like move. Yes, it's pretty disapointing for such an awesome move. I expected better. But how could you have imagined it, anyway ? I don't know... Something more "dark" or "sneaky" then that, maybe ? Hard to tell. But the way Inkay did it makes total sense to me. It uses the speed and strength of Dedenne's move to throw it back even harder, which is kinda Foul Play's principle.

Something I'm wondering though... How in the world did Clemont know about Dedenne's moves ? Maybe someone he knows used a Dedenne and he knows that Thunder Shock, Nuzzle and Tackle are basic moves for Dedenne ?
    Personally I figured it's fins would glow kind of a ghostly black and it would strike the pokemon multiple times :/.....kind of like a dark close combat lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Team Rocket are interesting by repeating the same stuff that got old by Hoenn? That's why this episode felt rather dull, it was a typical filler that felt like any past series.

I hope XY gets a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Team Rocket are interesting by repeating the same stuff that got old by Hoenn? That's why this episode felt rather dull, it was a typical filler that felt like any past series.

it was a typical filler that had 2 team additions. Man totally a filler.

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Clemont specializes in electric types so it's not that surprising he knows a bit about Dedenne.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Clemont is basically keeping it until Bonnie can become a trainer it seems. I guess he'll still use it in battles from time to time.
    Interesting. I kind of wish May had done the same thing for Max; keep a Pokemon for him so that he could still bond with one while not technically owning said Pokemon. Oh well. It'll be interesting to see Bonnie bond with Dedenne. I just hope the obligatory cute moments don't happen in every episode 'cause I'm so over Dedenne's adorableness.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I definitely agree about Team Rocket. They just felt redundant in this episode and aside from Dedenne's capture, the episode felt like a skippable filler to me. I had hoped that the XY saga would remain consistently good because the first two episode were really great, but when we get episodes like these where very little happens, it brings back my cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I definitely agree about Team Rocket. They just felt redundant in this episode and aside from Dedenne's capture, the episode felt like a skippable filler to me. I had hoped that the XY saga would remain consistently good because the first two episode were really great, but when we get episodes like these where very little happens, it brings back my cynicism.
    After the first two episodes, we had two episodes in which two additions were made to the cast.. Inkay, Fletchling, Fennekin, Dedenne. Why are we getting cynical about this?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

It shouldn't be strong in the first place considering its using the attack power of the enemy.

Yeah, Clemont catching a Dedenne, Serena obtaining a Fennekin, and Bonnie bonding with Dedenne is "very little". Right.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Fun episode, Dendenne and Bonnie were cute. The scene with Fennekin was nice too, when it came to the realization that Serena choose it as her starter. Bonnie carrying around Dendenne in a bag is actually kind of amusing. Jessie standing behind Wobbufet with her arms extended while it reflected the attack, reminded me of something out of DBZ. :P
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 31st October 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    After the first two episodes, we had two episodes in which two additions were made to the cast.. Inkay, Fletchling, Fennekin, Dedenne. Why are we getting cynical about this?
    It would help if the writers actually tried to make all capture episodes different instead of recycling the same plot points over and over again. Oh and even though Serena received Fennekin in this episode, her role in this episode was so small that it didn't really count imo. It barely moved the story line forward. I wish more had happened, but we mostly got comedic relief and/or cute moments from Team Rocket, Pikachu & Dedenne, and from Clemont's machine backfiring.

It would help if the writers actually tried to make all capture episodes different instead of recycling the same plot points over and over again. Oh and even though Serena received Fennekin in this episode, her role in this episode was so small that it didn't really count imo. It barely moved the story line forward. I wish more had happened, but we mostly got comedic relief and/or cute moments from Team Rocket, Pikachu & Dedenne, and from Clemont's machine backfiring.
    There are only so much one can do to capture episodes, so why is it a issue of them 'recycling' plot points, because everything has been done before. And how did it not mot move the plot foreword? I think you are just reach and will find anything to complain, Kira.

I'm glad Serena chose Fennekin, as they're inevitably a good pair. I didn't take a peak at any opening scenes, so I was definitely awaiting what Serebii updated to Serena's bio.

Seems like a good amount of progress so far. Hope to see more Pokemon join the XY family soon!

I liked it. The plot seemed to be somewhat different than previous episodes and there were a lot of nice details that added to the episode. Dedenne seems to be a perfect match for Bonnie.

It would be nice if Team Rocket were more competent. It's nice that Pikachu now sees these attacks and can get of the way, but that just adds to how poor Team Rocket is in doing anything. Wobby is actually handy now, so I like that.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Personally I figured it's fins would glow kind of a ghostly black and it would strike the pokemon multiple times :/.....kind of like a dark close combat lol.
    ...Why, just because it's a Dark type move? lol The way Inkay used it made perfect sense, it used the momentum of Dedenne's Tackle against it, Foul Play's purpose is for a weak mon to take advantage of stronger enemies. I think the movement made by Inkay looked much nicer than any special effect, I think it's stupid that almost every move, even stuff like Wing Attack, has a glow.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

...Why, just because it's a Dark type move? lol The way Inkay used it made perfect sense, it used the momentum of Dedenne's Tackle against it, Foul Play's purpose is for a weak mon to take advantage of stronger enemies. I think the movement made by Inkay looked much nicer than any special effect, I think it's stupid that almost every move, even stuff like Wing Attack, has a glow.
    That's pretty much my take on things, the throw and power that came from Tackle was made of good use by Foul Play and there's no need for some typical glow to make the attack look special. I don't think we've had an attack centralized around tossing in that fashion and manner.

Is there a place where I can watch this new episode?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Well ya, that's how I pictured Krokorok and Krookodile using it at least except with their claws.

anybody notice how it wasn't mentioned dedenne was a fairy type as well? I guess they're waiting until they get to an actual new fairy type pokemon like flabebe to mention the new type and then clemont says something along the lines of dedenne being one too.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    anybody notice how it wasn't mentioned dedenne was a fairy type as well? I guess they're waiting until they get to an actual new fairy type pokemon like flabebe to mention the new type and then clemont says something along the lines of dedenne being one too.
    Yeah, I noticed that. They are skipping around the Fairy topic. Of course that would change when the Fairy type gym leader comes.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that. They are skipping around the Fairy topic. Of course that would change when the Fairy type gym leader comes.
    Geez. That'd be so late to bring up. Dexio and the other girl should show up and explain that instead.

I am really liking the animation and quality of XY. Feast for the eyes.

Pretty good episode - perhaps too much cuteness overload, that's all.

So it seems Serena doesn't like Bugs? Just like Misty? Interesting...

Also, is it just me or does Serena look a lot better without the hat?
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast