Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

I'm sorry but Dendenne is useless

Quote Originally Posted by doulie View Post
    I'm sorry but Dendenne is useless
    How is it useless? We've only seen it for seven episodes, that's not enough to dictate how a character goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    How is it useless? We've only seen it for seven episodes, that's not enough to dictate how a character goes.
    maybe because dedenne hasn't battle much recently , its why pokemons are said weak because they haven't done much through the episodes

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    maybe because dedenne hasn't battle much recently , its why pokemons are said weak because they haven't done much through the episodes
    Like I said, we've only seen it for seven episodes. Of course it's useless now, but it may become quite useful in the future.

The puns and alliteration from Trio were bad this episode. Dedenne's voice is okay, but bonnie's "kawaii" faces and screaming and ahhhhh-ing get kind of old.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Seeing Wigglytuff run just made me laugh XD. I love the Team Rocket antics and also Big Bro Pikachu here. The animation seems so much more fluid then in other series which is nice. Still wish Team rocket did not rhyme. I loved the Rockets but the rhyming bugs me and it is weird since the guy scripting for them has been doing it years before it was a thing. Hoping Bonnie gets at least 2 more this series.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The puns and alliteration from Trio were bad this episode. Dedenne's voice is okay, but bonnie's "kawaii" faces and screaming and ahhhhh-ing get kind of old.
    Agreed, and Bonnie's English dub voice honestly annoys me to no end-- seriously, it sounds so forced and screechy here...:smh:. I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu is doing in the JPN Version, but her Bonnie is just so bad, IMO. I seriously wonder why Tom Wayland, the voice director, didn't cast Jennifer as Bonnie instead of Nurse Joy with Alyson keeping Nurse Joy from the BW dub: Nurse Joy would then sound like an adult rather than a little girl, while Bonnie would then sound like a little girl instead of an adult woman inside a little girl. I mean, it makes sense, right? xD.

TRio...well, they were already annoying enough in the Original JPN Version, but then their voices + script writing together (especially the alliteration circus show that's returned) in the English dub just make them even more unbearable here. I don't know why James Carter Cathcart has enjoyed making them talk like this since DP's dub, since he's been a script writer for the English dub since Season 5...but then again he wasn't the primary one until Season 9 began. Yet, even in BF's and BW's dub (until Da!), we didn't have this alliteration/assonance circus, either.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 8th February 2014 at 3:09 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Agreed, and Bonnie's English dub voice honestly annoys me to no end-- seriously, it sounds so forced and screechy here...:smh:. I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu was doing in the JPN Version, but her Bonnie is just so bad, IMO. I seriously wonder why Tom Wayland, the voice director, didn't cast Jennifer as Bonnie instead of Nurse Joy with Alyson keeping Nurse Joy from the BW dub: Nurse Joy would then sound like an adult rather than a little girl, while Bonnie would then sound like a little girl instead of an adult woman inside a little girl. I mean, it makes sense, right? xD.

TRio...well, they were already annoying enough in the Original JPN Version, but then their voices + script writing together (especially the alliteration circus show that's returned) in the English dub just make them even more unbearable here. I don't know why James Carter Cathcart has enjoyed making them talk like this since DP's dub, since he's been a script writer for the English dub since Season 5...but then again he wasn't the primary one until Season 9 began. Yet, even in BF's and BW's dub (until Da!), we didn't have this alliteration/assonance circus, either.

You should ask him. He actually answers fans on Facebook a lot. I like Team Rocket a lot so this episode was very enjoyable but if they stopped trying to be Eminem it would of been fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    You should ask him. He actually answers fans on Facebook a lot. I like Team Rocket a lot so this episode was very enjoyable but if they stopped trying to be Eminem it would of been fine by me.
    I really should ask him, huh? Makes no sense lol.

I feel ya-- they've worn out their welcome ages ago for me, but the dialogue TPCi has given in them in the DP and XY English dubs just makes them even more unbearable for me, if that makes sense.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Agreed, and Bonnie's English dub voice honestly annoys me to no end-- seriously, it sounds so forced and screechy here...:smh:. I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu was doing in the JPN Version, but her Bonnie is just so bad, IMO. I seriously wonder why Tom Wayland, the voice director, didn't cast Jennifer as Bonnie instead of Nurse Joy with Alyson keeping Nurse Joy from the BW dub: Nurse Joy would then sound like an adult rather than a little girl, while Bonnie would then sound like a little girl instead of an adult woman inside a little girl. I mean, it makes sense, right? xD.

Yea, I see what your saying about the nurse joy thing. The voice jnst as fitting, although still okay. As of now though, I actually am fine with all of the dub voices except for bonnie and meowth. Ash's is better now imo, clemont and serena's are both really good. Even jesse and james are not bad....just the voices themselves, not the writng for them.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I really should ask him, huh? Makes no sense lol.

I feel ya-- they've worn out their welcome ages ago for me, but the dialogue TPCi has given in them in the DP and XY English dubs just makes them even more unbearable for me, if that makes sense.
    I mean like ask him as to why he makes them talk like that. A lot of people on the dub answers fan questions like that. (Granted that has not been asked yet)

Was kinda weird how we got no commercials during the Who's That Pokemon segment making the episode end 5 minutes early

It was an okay episode. A little dull, but the cgi environments weren't as bad as they usually are. Still no real complaints from my part so it's off to an okay start.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Default "A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship!"

Whoa, I'm surprised that there was no commercial break during "Who's That Pokémon", it's kinda unusal for CN to do that ... but I'm glad about it. Also, it seems TPCI finally fixed the "To Be Continued" thing in this episode.

Anyway most of this episode was centered around Pikachu and Dedenne running from Team Rocket, but I don't really mind since they became good friends because of that. It was nice how Pikachu acted as a big brother figure to Dedenne and tried to protect it from Team Rocket. Speaking of Team Rocket, they weren't half bad in this episode I liked Mewoth's line, “I don’t speak electricity” . LOL, did Jessie really expect him to know the "electric-Pokélanguage"? She should've known that He learned to speak by reading books, not playing with electric! There were few entertaining moments with TRio, but after that…they got annoying.

Clemont was pretty amusing in the episode as well. I liked the scene where Clemont brought out that big generator out of nowhere and Ash was all like "Science is so amazing!", it never gets old! Not to mention, It was hilarious when Clemont was standing there with the broken handle and Dedenne casually walked away before the machine exploded with a Ka-Boom. It seems like "Future is now thank to science, Clemontic gear on!" is Clemont's permanent catchphrase, which is awesome since I really like that line.

One of the best things about this episode was Bonnie, she was aborable in this episode. It's sweet how Bonnie really wanted to take care of Dedenne and was very excited about it. Unlike Max, she actually acts a little kid, which makes her personality much better than Max's annoying 'know-it-all' personality. It was cute when Bonnie was "Nuzzling" Dedenne and it actually listened to her and used the move. It shows Dedenne really likes Bonnie and is willing to take commands from her, which is nice.

Serena chose her first Pokémon in this episode. as expected, it was Fennekin. I'm glad she chose Fennekin, so far it seems to suit her. I liked how Fennekin protected Serena from the wild Vespiquen and even brought her hat back to her. Also, it was revealed that dosen't like camping outside, which gave her some characteristics.

Overall, I thought this was a cute episode was and unlike most of the BW episodes, it had humor that was actually funny. As for the dub, the voices are great and the script was nice... but Team Rocket rhymed a bit too much in the dub. I'm disappointed that TPCI kept only 3 pieces(not counting the title screen music) of the original Japanese music in this episode, but it's better than having no original music at all.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 9th February 2014 at 8:23 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This is the downside of giving pokemon nonsensical names. I am not a fan of Dedenne's voice, as I can only understand it about half of the time and it is not really saying its whole name. It seems like it is just making noise.

I had forgotten how good Wobbuffet could be. If Team Rocket had a poke on their team that can shut down Pikachu when used right, I am kind of surprised that they did not have more success in the earlier seasons when Wobbuffet first joined them.
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 9th February 2014 at 8:56 PM.

Thought Inkay was going to evolve since it blasted off upside down. Would of been funny to see Jame's reaction. I guess it won't evolve that way here.

I think this was a decent episode. Unfortunately, my "football fan" stepdad got into my room during the second fourth and started staring at the episode like "what the hell is this guy watching." To top it all off, he started asking me what this was about WHILE the show was running. Seriously. What. The. Hell. I don't bother him when he's watching his football shows.

But anyway, sounds to me like Dedenne kept its Japanese voice. I can detect that Japanese accent just fine.

...Is it perhaps my imagination, or did Serena's voice turn a little more high pitched than usual?
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 8th February 2014 at 7:44 PM.

Pretty enjoyable episode. What's up with Sycamore's voice though? It has sounded different in each of the three episodes hes appeared in...

I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu is doing in the JPN Version.
    Alyson Rosenfeld doesn't voice the Pokédex. Suzy Myers, who also voiced Burgundy in BW, voices the Kalos Pokédex.

While once again, I'm upset about how they changed the BGM in the dub, I think that the way they handled it this week was better than the last episode since it wasn't too faint, there were times when it fit perfectly with the scenes, and they actually used some of the RAW music during the battles.

Plus, whether RAW version or dub version, Bonnie is as cute as can be
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 8th February 2014 at 8:43 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I can't believe I am saying this, but I am really liking the dub so far. XY dubbed is a step up from BW dubbed for sure!

I am starting to warm up to Bonnie's voice and I am loving Serena and Clemont. Unlike other people, I find Nurse Joys new voice to be better than before. Her voice is not as deep which suits her more actually.
    XY004 is my least favourite XY episode so far so I can't say that I enjoyed all the Pikachu/Dedenne stuff. But the voices are nice for the dub.

Still dislike TR though

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Fine episode. Nice to see Pikachu acting like a big brother to Dedenne. Team Rocket in the part where they were rafting was hilarious, especially at the end of that scene. At the end of the episode, I loved how Fennekin straight-up attacked Vespiquen - it shows that it really cares its new trainer, Serena.

This was an ok episode, though nothing noteworthy to mention.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

A nice little episode and I'd like to mention the title of this episode as I like the fun titles .

Firstly, I'm really enjoying Bonnie. I agree that Bonnie can be very excitable at times but I like that side of her and I like it even more because she doesn't let that cloud her judgement when handling a Pokémon (unlike some previous characters). Not only that, I love her caring side and I would like to see this develop as the series goes on.

Next, I really liked Pikachu and Dedenne's relationship this episode. As some have mentioned before, Pikachu was acting like a big brother to Dedenne and now that Dedenne has joined the main party, I expect this relationship to flourish and we will have some great moments.

Finally, I quick mention of Serena. It looks like we have another inexperienced traveller and I look forward to see her mature and flourish on her journey.

Good episode. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Watching the dub episode wasn't too bad this time around. I read the posts here first and truthfully I thought it'd be terrible.

First off with team rocket, I too am tired with their terrible alliteration and rhyming. But this episode didn't seem to have that much. The dialogue seemed a bit more normal than usual, especially because i was expecting a corny line every time they opened their mouths but it didn't seem that way.

And I'm surprised nobody mentioned this but despite it being hard to hear, they kept the battle theme during dedenne and inkays battle. I feel like they did the same thing in early b/w. When it first came out, they had a lot of original music in the dub, but then as episodes went on, they started to keep more and more of the music from the original episode but still having some of their own. Hopefully that happens here, I'd like a balance.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    And I'm surprised nobody mentioned this but despite it being hard to hear, they kept the battle theme during dedenne and inkays battle.
    TPCI kept 3 pieces of original Japanese music in this episode... the Team Rocket motto music and the music during both battles with Team Rocket.

I feel like they did the same thing in early b/w. When it first came out, they had a lot of original music in the dub, but then as episodes went on, they started to keep more and more of the music from the original episode but still having some of their own. Hopefully that happens here, I'd like a balance.
    Well, TPCI did a great job with dubbing the season 14(Black and White) episodes. They kept all of the japanese music intact for the first five episodes. After BW005 they started adding dub music in the later episodes, but they still kept a lot of japanese music intact. However, they started adding more dub music and keeping less japanese music after season 15 started. It's sad, really.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 10th February 2014 at 8:17 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast