Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    TPCI kept 3 pieces of original Japanese music in this episode... the Team Rocket motto music and the music during both battles with Team Rocket.
    Only three pieces of music? Wow, that's like an all-time low. I mean if they're so bothered by the original soundtrack and are fixated with replacing music, they may as well have been thorough about it. I don't know why they bothered keeping those three tracks. I'll never understand TPCi.

Anyway, I heard that Meowth contradicted himself in this episode by claiming that he couldn't translate electrical language even though he did that in the 2nd movie. Is that true?

Bonnie is like a walking Pokemon Amie, yet it's pretty adorable how Pikachu, Fletchling and Dedenne adore being groomed.

Serena and Fennekin meeting for the first time was so precious. Fennekin's eyes were glowing so beautifully. You could tell how happy she was! (assuming it's a she)

Dedenne is way too cute, and it reminds me a lot about Hamtaro. I am okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Only three pieces of music? Wow, that's like an all-time low. I mean if they're so bothered by the original soundtrack and are fixated with replacing music, they may as well have been thorough about it. I don't know why they bothered keeping those three tracks. I'll never understand TPCi.
    Well, at least it's better than the previous episode in terms of keeping the original music. With the exception of the title card music, all of the original music was replaced with dub music in XY003.

Anyway, I heard that Meowth contradicted himself in this episode by claiming that he couldn't translate electrical language even though he did that in the 2nd movie. Is that true?
    Yup, that's true. Meowth admited that he dosen't speak electricity. I guess that makes the 2nd movie non-canon.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 10th February 2014 at 8:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemontrainer View Post
    Yup, that's true. Meowth admited that he dosen't speak electricity. I guess that makes the 2nd movie non-canon.
    But wasn't the second movie's Lugia mentioned in The Mystery is History? I could've sworn that James made a reference to it in that episode, so how can the movie suddenly not be canon? I really just think that the writers messed up. I mean I never had much faith in them to begin with and this episode kind of proves why. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    But wasn't the second movie's Lugia mentioned in The Mystery is History? I could've sworn that James made a reference to it in that episode, so how can the movie suddenly not be canon?
    I just checked that episode out... and yeah, they did mention Lugia in the episode.

I really just think that the writers messed up. I mean I never had much faith in them to begin with and this episode kind of proves why. :x
    So it was a continuity error after all? That reminds me of Ash not remembering Mewtwo in movie 16.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 10th February 2014 at 9:02 AM.

This episode was okay. My opinion on Dedenne grew after this episode too.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

I wasn't a fan of Pachirisu and I didn't like how Emolga was treated over that whole saga, but I've started liking Dedenne quite a lot. It's cry, in particular, is cute.
        Spoiler:- Moon Progress:

Dedenne can be quite powerful and it is fast too because they can dodge Sonans Mirror Coat quite easily while escaping from the capture. I love to see that Eureka Nuzzle Dedenne and then she got paralysed before Citron tells her not to.

Serena in the end of episode is redundant and there is no need for her to appear in this episode. But I like to see that Fokko being her pet fox such that she can protect Serena when in need.

Okay, Sycamore's voice sounds a little more like what I imagined it to be, but still not quite.
    I guess it can't too higher than it is, lest he sounds too young for how old he appears to be.

Meant to say this in the previous episode thread. I guess Ash fangasming at Clemonts inventions is going to be this sagas running gag, like Iris's calling Ash 'a kid' like in BW, Brock flirting with every female he sees.
    Last edited by The Pokemon Broadcast; 25th January 2015 at 12:49 AM.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

This was another boring episode IMHO. Also, Dedenne and Fennekin don't have much potential because they're not with Ash so it really doesn't matter to me that they were received by Clemont/Bonnie and Serena. Serena has yet to display any sort of personality, and Bonnie's voice is going to take some getting used to. It's pretty annoying.

The new running gag of Ash wetting himself with joy at Clemont's inventions is mediocre at best.

Dendenne is one of my favorites so I like seeing it's character.

So instead of Team Rocket having all the gadgets Clemont now has some on his side.

Everytime one of Clemonts devices blow up they all have rasta hair and act like they just had a smokin session. Sitting in a circle and all.
    0963-1007-3370 Fc
    Always down for a Multi Battle

Serena's choice of starter pokemon here was perfect cuz Fennekin's so lovely compared to the other two hee hee. I liked how Dedenne was caught by Clemont for Bonnie plus Fennekin saving Serena from Vespiquen was cool.

At least Dedenne's debut was nice too. I liked how Clemont caught it for her and Serena's choice of Fennekin was fairly predictable imo.

Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    Everytime one of Clemonts devices blow up they all have rasta hair and act like they just had a smokin session. Sitting in a circle and all.
    It's such a bad gag and I wish his inventions worked 100% of the time. Him catching Dedenne here also felt redundant to me
    Last edited by JudySpell; 28th January 2016 at 3:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Him catching Dedenne here also felt redundant to me
    Well Bonnie begged him to do it, so he was just complying with her wishes. Plus it suited his gym's type specialty, so it was a reasonable decision I think.

This episode is adorable. Pikachu and Dedenne running away from Team Rocket was cute, Ash being all worried about Pikachu was sweet and I loved the tail touching, though it's a shame it was Bonnie doing it not Ash.

I can see why Dedenne allowed and even asked Clemont to catch it. It gets a pretty sweet deal. It's fed regularly and no longer has to forage or steal food, it's got a comfortable place to sleep and best of all never or rarely has to battle. It literally gets to spend all it's time eating and sleeping and get pampered by Bonnie.

Dedenne has proven that he's even more pointless than Pachirisu and Emolga were, so I deeply regret that he was captured here. Plus he looks like a small Raichu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Dedenne has proven that he's even more pointless than Pachirisu and Emolga were, so I deeply regret that he was captured here. Plus he looks like a small Raichu.
    Dedenne's okay. He doesn't get a huge amount of focus but he is quite cute (not as cute as Pikachu, but then very few Pokémon are - Pikachu's design is just perfect). Besides he's the generation VI version of Pikachu (as Emolga and Pachirisu were their own generations respective equivalents of Pikachu) so it's a good idea that he get's a role in the main cast.

One other point is that Dedenne's also the first fairy type encountered by Ash and friends (although funnily enough they left that part out)

Pikachu 6.0, getto da ze! That critter is so cute damn. I like the fact that they gave the younger companion a Pokémon this time around. That was a seemingly good decision, because, unlike the previous one, she isn't the know-it-all type, meaning, she would not be that much of benefit to the group. Thankfully enough, the writers found away to cover this.
    Tails19950

Dedenne is cute, no denying it. ^_^ At least Bonnie has her own pokemon pet. I liked Clemont's machine too. Hopefully one of these days he has more luck, but I like the running gag. I liked Meowth saying he can't translate electricity too.

8/10
    New shinies week of 11/17-11/24: None, currently SOS hunting for pikipek
    New shinies week of 11/24-12/1: pikipek

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing AlphaSapphire

Friend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.
    -

I think this episode is funny especially when Clemont's experiment went haywire when he broke the lever.
    What I do not like is how inconsistent the few things that happened here were followed up on.

To begin with, Pikachu and Dedenne had great chemistry in this episode. And the title displays a type of (what I thought was) foretelling of Pikachu and Dedenne's friendship but that is barely seen in today's latest episodes.

Next, Bonnie and Dedenne. Bonnie is head over heels for Dedenne but nowadays, Squishy is getting all the spotlight. If I were Dedenne, I would remind Bonnie who came first.

And last, Dedenne's battling skills. This and the episode where Bonnie and Dedenne battles Clemont and his Chespin are the only two times Dedenne has been shown as a great battler. Other than that, Dedenne has been shown as the puny little bag-decor for Bonnie.

The episode overall was cute.

4 out of 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    I'm not a Dedenne fan either but I don't see the resemblence between it and Raichu other than the color of their fur.

I really love Pikachu's interactions with Bonnie throughout all of Kalos, you can tell he enjoys playing with her and he cares for her alot. In the last episode he got infront of Bonnie when he thought Dedenne might hurt her. It's sweet and it makes me sad that she'll be leaving at the end of xy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456