Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

What about beforehand? Before the episode? lol
    Friend Code: 1907-8618-9538
    Current Pokemon X Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    Yeah most people guessed Fennekin was going to be Serena's. It is so obvious since it matches her the most out of any of the other starters. You are not the only one who guessed you know lol

Since the opening was first shown for xy, when it shows ash with froakie, serena with fennekin, and clemont with chespin.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Yeah most people guessed Fennekin was going to be Serena's. It is so obvious since it matches her the most out of any of the other starters. You are not the only one who guessed you know lol
    I know, but I didn't know it was so blantantly obvious to a whole community of users. lol
    Current Pokemon X Team:

I know, but I didn't know it was so blantantly obvious to a whole community of users. lol
    It was blatantly obvious because the opening shows serena.commanding fennekin in battle.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I haven't got the chance to look at the opening, so... I was a little behind.
    Current Pokemon X Team:

Not too great an episode. Felt similar to a Max episode in early Hoenn though. Next week should be better.

Okay I love Bonnie now, seriously the scene of her wiping Fletchling's wing was so damn adorable <3!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

At least Bonnie has a Pokémon in her own way. Max was this close to having a Ralts following him everywhere.

But as a scientist in the in-game Poké Ball Factory said... "Without Poké Balls, we can't bond with Pokémon." (Twisted, I know.)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Okay I love Bonnie now, seriously the scene of her wiping Fletchling's wing was so damn adorable <3!!!
    Yeah it was And when she was rubbing Pikachu's face, too.

But omg the amount of cuteness in this episode was too much for me to handle. Bonnie is just so adorable! :3
    Last edited by Sephora; 31st October 2013 at 7:24 PM.

I really don't like Dedenne so far..it seems like a spoiled whiny brat.

I am personally not a fan of this episode. It felt kinda unnecessary, and the Bonnie/Dedenne cute fanservice felt forced. They shouldn't have overemphasized on it. I'm a Bonnie fan after watching the first three episodes, I don't need the overdose given in this episode to make her more appealing to me. The journey till now felt empty because of two capture episodes in a row. Team Rocket is officially back to their awful self, but them trying to look competitive makes me laugh.

What's wrong with James lol? His voice acting was totally different today. The way he called out Maiika, and the way he talked was different. :O

This isn't a proper episode IMO. After watching episode 1,2 and the better than average capture episode 3, this episode felt empty. Looking forward for the gym battle though.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Things I liked about this episode:

-I liked the song that played during Ash, Bonnie, ans Clemont's hole searching.

-Bonnie's excitement and showing she knows how to take care of Pokemon (cleaning them/feeding them)

-Serena in the lab and forest

-Clemont's machine overloading because he had the switch and more frizzy Kalos team.

-Bonnie and Clemont's victory capture

-Denndene, nuff said.

Next week! Gym Battle and Team Kalos finally unites.

Dramatic Vespiquen! That would make anyone freak out!

Episode was average, nothing special besides the cute factor that is Bonnie and Dedenne. I loved the scene with the close up of Bonnie's head in the tunnels looking for Dedenne and Pikachu. Loved it. I couldn't possibly love Bonnie anymore then I currently do. But other then that, there wasn't really much going on in the A side story. Serena's B side story showed her getting Fennekin. No fuss, no conflict, no pre-bonding, just pick up the Pokemon and be on my way. Fennekin's flare sneeze is still cute to watch. From the look of things it will be one of those loyal to it's trainer Pokemon, I got that vibe when it retrieved Serena's hat without a command to. Looking forward to when Fennekin will get to have a battle in the series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Here are some Mean Looking Rats,

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Who ever says the nurse joy wigglytuff isn't super huge is wrong. It was nearly as tall as murse joy, and like a foot taller than serena.
    They grow their Wigglytuff big in Kalos or it's a Chansey in Disguise.
    Youtube: Xanaboy1

XboxLiveID: Banjogeek

PSN: Banjogeek

Steam:Banjogeek

Not a bad episode, pretty average, it wasn't as up to scratch as the first two episodes of XY and the third but it was entertaining nonetheless. Dedenne, Citron and Eureka were all such big parts of why this episode was entertaining enough to save it from being a standard running around and getting a new Pokemon episode that we usually have. Pikachu and Dedenne's interactions were fun from start to finish and I really liked how Pikachu was like an older sibling to Dedenne and how they were continuously communicating by using electricity in this episode. The collaboration of Thundershock and Thunderbolt was a great final finisher for the battle of the episode. Dedenne was surprisingly really good in its first battle under Citron, the execution of Nuzzle and how its secondary effect with Paralysis was a well liked little afterthought that I'm glad wasn't forgotten. That little confirmation of wanting to battle Maika and little moment between Dedenne and Citron was cute, as much as I was hoping Dedenne would be controlled by Eureka right off the bat. Shame that Dedenne's Fairy-typing wasn't mentioned though, but to be fair Dedenne has only like one Fairy move in its arsenal so I digress.

Eureka was adorable and continues to make me smile, the way she was caring for all the Pokemon, even joining in on Citron's Getto Daze, searching for Dedenne, showing concern over it, fawning over Dedenne and even let the little thing sleep in her bag and cement its role as XY's out-the-ball-Pokemon was all too perfect. She such a fun little chick, I hope her and her brother have a tag battle in the future at least or her newly gotten Dedenne takes on Serena's Fokko or another freshly-caught Pokemon. As much as I actually have grown for the character the cuteness/childish actions overload could get grating and I at least see why some are annoyed by it. I'm at least optimistic for her character because she'll have her "own" Pokemon along for the ride, right in her bag to help her when needed, unlike Masato who didn't get to keep any of the Pokemon he bonded with and kinda used Gonbe at times. Citron is a caring older brother, nice little touches with the nuts and bolts in his capture screen's background and him saying how he got Dedenne for Eureka. I almost forgot that I was glad that his Horubi got another appearance, it's always a nice Pokemon to see. As for his scenes with his inventions and catchphrase, "The future is now, thanks to science! , as amusing and fantastic I find the scenes, I hope they aren't overused to the point where I grow numb from seeing them like Takeshi's flirting. He'll give a rest next episode with it being a gym battle probably.

As for Serena Fokko was expected the minute she got confirmation of being in the cast, the color scheme of Serena, whether it be game Sugimori art, anime or Pokespe, is literally dead-on with Fokko. Still was clinging to the hope she would have at least considered Harimaron and just have something unexpected in mind and ultimately choosing to pick Fokko because of something else but oh well. I'm guessing that little scene at the tail in of the end is a small throwback to the games with Fokko saving her with Ember? "DON'T GO INTO THE TALL GRASS WITHOUT A POKEMON!" :P The little fox is easily my least favorite of the Kalos starters but it's a cute Pokemon thus far at least. Something else I liked about this episode was just how little focus Satoshi got and it was mainly Eureka/Citron/Dedenne/Pikachu the whole time. After having Satoshi heavy focus for the first three episodes a sorta break is always welcomed, he'll get next week to himself at least and I like how they don't feel the need to throw the main character into everything, he didn't even steal the show and battle Maika, Dedenne/Citron did The blonde squad pretty much made this episode for me, they were all extraordinary in their interactions and ways and next episode if you throw Serena into that equation we'll have 3 and half blondes. :P Battle wasn't as good as the Horubi/Yayakoma by any means, then again what can I really ask for from an end episode Rocket battle. All things considered...some type of rivalry between TR and Citron can feasibly blossom given their use of high-tech devices and their many inventions, something similar to Akuroma/Nyasu in Episode N, but I doubt that will happen with them being demoted to comedic relief 24/7 now.

Going back to Serena, I wonder if perhaps the scenes with her being scared through the forest could be foreshadowing? Satoshi and solely Satoshi was the enabler for her to go on a journey in the first place. So perhaps a part of her growth as a person could be her learning that going at something when your heart is into it because of someone else isn't the right thing to do? She seems to only be doing Sihorn riding because of her mother and doesn't really have a goal in mind for her journey aside to meet up with Satoshi. Her realizing she's only doing these things because of other people could at least kick start her development for a decently done character arc. of her growing past this and picking up a new goal she'll go at full force.(Pokemon-Amie, Super Training, Sky Battles, these can all be adapted into anime format in a nice way with a little innovative thinking actually.)
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 31st October 2013 at 9:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    What's wrong with James lol? His voice acting was totally different today. The way he called out Maiika, and the way he talked was different. :O
    It seems to have something to do with Inkay or Maiika lol. Whenever he's giving it a command he goes all super dramatic with some Engrish thrown in, in other parts he seems normal.
    I guess it's the name. MAAIIKA
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    It seems to have something to do with Inkay or Maiika lol. Whenever he's giving it a command he goes all super dramatic with some Engrish thrown in, in other parts he seems normal.
    I guess it's the name. MAAIIKA
    Exactly lol. I expected a Sonansu and Ma ikka pun. It was weird to be honest.

Maybe he's trying to get the Kalos feel while using Kalos Pokemon lol.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Too much Bonnie cuteness in this episode imo. She was a decent character before now, but her obsession with cute Pokemon and all the little gimmicks that revolve around that got tiring after five minutes. I did like that Pikachu got separated from the others with Raichu Dedenne because at least it allowed him to get the spotlight without it affecting Ash's other Pokemon. I was also glad that Fletchling and Bunnelby got to do something in this episode even if it wasn't anything major. Team Rocket's little raft was funny too I guess, although their interference in this episode was less than enjoyable over all; I'm just tired of their schemes at this point. Anyway, I'm wondering if Dedenne is technically Clemont's or Bonnie's at this point. But yeah, seeing Serena and Fennekin at the end was cute and my favorite part of the episode; it almost made up for all the other filler-esque moments imo.

The best part about this episode is Dedenne. Its so freaking adorable :')

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Too much Bonnie cuteness in this episode imo. She was a decent character before now, but her obsession with cute Pokemon and all the little gimmicks that revolve around that got tiring after five minutes. I did like that Pikachu got separated from the others with Raichu Dedenne because at least it allowed him to get the spotlight without it affecting Ash's other Pokemon. I was also glad that Fletchling and Bunnelby got to do something in this episode even if it wasn't anything major. Team Rocket's little raft was funny too I guess, although their interference in this episode was less than enjoyable over all; I'm just tired of their schemes at this point. Anyway, I'm wondering if Dedenne is technically Clemont's or Bonnie's at this point. But yeah, seeing Serena and Fennekin at the end was cute and my favorite part of the episode; it almost made up for all the other filler-esque moments imo.
    Clemont is basically keeping it until Bonnie can become a trainer it seems. I guess he'll still use it in battles from time to time.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Okay, time for my review!

Maybe that episode wasn't as good as the three others, but it was still very nice! After having such an awesome battle between Froakie and Fletchling last week, I think having an entire episode all around cuteness wasn't that bad too. I have to admit, I enjoyed every single moment in which Bonnie appeared on because how nice it was to see.

The start with Serena was nice. I think she couldn't choose more perfect starter for her, and I'm glad we can finally see it in action! That Ember at the end of the episode was sure powerful, I can already see all the good things happening to that little fox! They seem to be the perfect duo! And seeing how Serena was holding Fennekin, I wonder if she'll be like Piplup and Axew. I wouldn't mind it at all. To me, the small moments with Serena were almost the best out of this episode. Serena's determination to reach Ash as soon as possible impresses me. I can't wait to see her reuniting with him, as well as being in the main group!

Bonnie is so good at taking care of the Pokémon, I couldn't believe it! She knows a lot about them, especially cute ones. I wonder if petting and feeding Pikachu, Fletchling and Dedenne was partially reflecting the new Pokémon Amie feature. She seems to care a lot for Dedenne, and I'm actually glad that Dedenne also shows some feelings for Clemont. The nicest introduction of a shared Pokémon.

I was surprised with Ash, though! I don't know, he felt really on the background; I've never seen him telling much more than few words/phrases and letting the other character take the talk time (I could almost say Serena talked more than he did). I think it's a good thing, though. It could hint that characters probably will have a decent amount of screen time for their own and not only Ash. Let's say I feel it's gonna nicely be shared between the 4 of them.

Team Rocket felt so wrong this time... They were almost just goofing... I was so sad about this. I really hope this changes in few episodes. I really loved Best Wishes's Team Rocket trio.

The episode overall was kinda great. I have a soft spot for episodes implying Pokémon getting lost/separated from their trainers and interecting with eachother by themselves It's a good way to twist things out and having diverses episodes. I'd give this episode the note 7,8/10.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 31st October 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Dedenne is so ****ing cute, I'm just blown away by its cuteness ._. ;_; I need my manliness back right now! >_> Piplup and Oshawott were annoying but Dedenne is really cute.

Pretty nice episode, Bonnie, Dedenne, Pikachu all are adorable, Afro Ash is amazing as well. I love Serena's and Clemont's personalities so far. Clemont's antics and gags are already faaaaaaar more entertaining than Cilan's imo.

Cool to see Bonnie will carry Dedenne. 9/10
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 31st October 2013 at 10:39 PM.

What?? THAT was Foul Play?? Seriously?? Wtf kind of animation is that -_-.....shame on you animators ...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast