Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegislash Discussion Thread

A nice taunt stops pretty handily any King's Shield relient set up. Let's not forget how potent Will O Wisp can be to neuter this guy's attack, even through King's Shield. I'm not sure there's any perfect stop to him though, since he's got great/mutable stats, awesome move coverage, and can be deviously tricky.

prankster sableye counters aegislash well though with taunt and will-o-wisp... and priority recover

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    prankster sableye counters aegislash well though with taunt and will-o-wisp... and priority recover
    Sableye takes Shadow Ball horribly, and that annoying SubSD Aegislash set craps on it too.
    If the dark is just a thought, then the light is in your mind
    The lies we tell ourselves ruin the world with time
    Did you feel the way I felt?
    Did you kneel the way I knelt?
    Or did you look up and stare, waiting for your acts of prayer?
    Oh, won't you listen to reason?

10 hour ear orgasm, courtesy of Gamefreak

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Sableye takes Shadow Ball horribly, and that annoying SubSD Aegislash set craps on it too.
    might I remind you? does priority recover mean anything to you?

might I remind you? does priority recover mean anything to you?
    No, it doesn't. Because Recover can only regain 50% HP total. Sabeleye can't take a hit for beans, and Aegislash's blade form's raw power will absolutely wreck Sableye; assuming Sableye actually survives the first Shadow Ball, pretty sure it'll be taken out by the second even after a recover. Too lazy to math but I seriously think you overestimate Sableye's bulk. Prankster + Recover may stall a bit but it's not something Sableye can maintain against something with as much raw power as Aegislash.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 7th November 2013 at 4:44 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    No, it doesn't. Because Recover can only regain 50% HP total. Sabeleye can't take a hit for beans, and Aegislash's blade form's raw power will absolutely wreck Sableye; assuming Sableye actually survives the first hit, pretty sure it'll be taken out by the second even after a recover. Too lazy to math but I seriously think you overestimate Sableye's bulk. Prankster + Recover may stall a bit but it's not something Sableye can maintain against something with as much raw power as Aegislash.
    I love aegislash as much as the next guy (heck, hes my new fav steel type!) but after will-o-wisp, aegislash wont have anything to fall back on if its a physical set. sableye has 300+ HP with around 275 Def at max so im pretty sure it can take a hit from a burned aegislash. may I remind you, azumarill can be considered a tank but its defenses are at around 280. now I know that sableye SpD could use some help but with prankster, sableye didn't become uber for nothing

I love aegislash as much as the next guy (heck, hes my new fav steel type!) but after will-o-wisp, aegislash wont have anything to fall back on if its a physical set. sableye has 300+ HP with around 275 Def at max so im pretty sure it can take a hit from a burned aegislash. may I remind you, azumarill can be considered a tank but its defenses are at around 280. now I know that sableye SpD could use some help but with prankster, sableye didn't become uber for nothing
    He specifically said Shadow Ball, meaning it was in reference to a mixed set. A burn isn't going to stop any special attacks in the slightest. Sableye can't really switch into Aegislash either unless it predicts a Sacred Sword. Sableye is hardly a counter, he's a check to physical variants at best.

And since when was Sableye Uber? He was UU in Gen 5 when he got Prankster, and nothing has really changed since then. Usable in Uber is different than being banned to Uber.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

He specifically said Shadow Ball, meaning it was in reference to a mixed set. A burn isn't going to stop any special attacks in the slightest. Sableye can't really switch into Aegislash either unless it predicts a Sacred Sword. Sableye is hardly a counter, he's a check to physical variants at best.

And since when was Sableye Uber? He was UU in Gen 5 when he got Prankster, and nothing has really changed since then. Usable in Uber is different than being banned to Uber.
    Sableye actually took quite a hit, gaining a weakness to Fairy. With new Pranksters like Klefki around, I think he'll be lucky to even stay in UU this time around. RU is more likely.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Why would an Aegislash have Shadow Ball to begin with? Isn't it a physical attacker?

Quote Originally Posted by CmmtThis2Mmry View Post
    Why would an Aegislash have Shadow Ball to begin with? Isn't it a physical attacker?
    On the contrary, Blade Form gives him fantastic mixed stats with 150 Attack AND Special Attack. True, his only boosting move is Swords Dance, which is for physical sets, but that amazing 150 Special Attack makes him a deadly mixed attacker who's difficult to wall. A mixed set forgoes boosting for immediate wall-breaking power from both sides of the spectrum.

Edit: Okay apparently it learns Autotomize too but I digress.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 7th November 2013 at 5:15 AM.

On the contrary, Blade Form gives him fantastic mixed stats with 150 Attack AND Special Attack. True, his only boosting move is Swords Dance, which is for physical sets, but that amazing 150 Special Attack makes him a deadly mixed attacker who's difficult to wall. A mixed set forgoes boosting for immediate wall-breaking power from both sides of the spectrum.
    Wow. I never noticed it had that high if a SpAtk.
    But since, as far as I know, it's mostly used as a physical attacker, correct? If so, it most often has Shadow Sneak. Would a Sableye be able to survive a hit from that?

But since, as far as I know, it's mostly used as a physical attacker, correct? If so, it most often has Shadow Sneak. Would a Sableye be able to survive a hit from that?
    sableye WOULD survive the hit as it is not very effective and as its a physical move

Sableye does not resist ghost- his part ghost type makes him neutral. He will survive an unboosted Shadow Sneak, unsure about +2 :/

But wouldn't its second typing, Dark, make that Shadow Sneak do regular amount of damage?
    That's what neutral is

Iron head, shadow sneak, kings shield, swords dance
    typical aegislash set =P
    Also, a horrible moveset.
    Your faith in Sableye is a bit overzealous.
    W/ LO, since Aegislash is naturally faster, I shadow sneak first, you will-o-wisp.
    I shadow ball until you realize your Sableye is going to die regardless.
    I have more Shadow Balls than you have Recovers, so, if you want to run the clock, so be it.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Um thats not a bad set. Usually its sacred sword>iron head but i could see the use in iron head. Not only that but the scenario you described should never happen unless you are a bad player. Why are you stating in on sableye in the first place? An then hen you are burnt, he can stall you out. Burn damage will eventually kill you. Not only that but shafow ball doesnt ohko, leaving sableye to hit you with something (foul play probably) while you are in sword form. The other wuestion is why your opp is using sableye in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Specs Aegislash, dah?
    Choice Aegislash is just terrible. In Blade Form he's neither fast enough nor bulky enough to use it effectively. At best, you have a frail wallbreaker, at worst you've got deadweight.

The only reason it's still used as a physical attacker is because people haven't realized how much better the mixed set is. Actually.

ok
    CmmtThis2Mmry: please dont clutter up the trhead with one line questions, they are borderline spam, take it to vm or the Q and A thread, nothing personal

I`m only going to say this ones, prankster users are niche pokemon, often outclassed by other walls that do the exact same thing and can actually live a hit.

ghost dog: your argument is flawed as swords dance aegislash will scout first with kings shield which has a higher priority than sableye and switch out if it uses WoW, or just smash sableye if it uses taunt, while as stated several times, mixed aegislash destroys sableye
    252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 196-231 (64.47 - 75.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    with recover and leftovers, its about a 3hko, making sableye ineffective at stopping aegislash, it is not a counter, i wouldn't even say it a check. And prankster teams are gimmacky.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    ok
    CmmtThis2Mmry: please dont clutter up the trhead with one line questions, they are borderline spam, take it to vm or the Q and A thread, nothing personal

I`m only going to say this ones, prankster users are niche pokemon, often outclassed by other walls that do the exact same thing and can actually live a hit.

ghost dog: your argument is flawed as swords dance aegislash will scout first with kings shield which has a higher priority than sableye and switch out if it uses WoW, or just smash sableye if it uses taunt, while as stated several times, mixed aegislash destroys sableye
    252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 196-231 (64.47 - 75.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    with recover and leftovers, its about a 3hko, making sableye ineffective at stopping aegislash, it is not a counter, i wouldn't even say it a check. And prankster teams are gimmacky.
    It's hard to deny that Prankster has its merits, even if it is a gimmick.

Although yeah, Sableye isn't exactly a reliable check for Aegislash.

EDIT: Also, since when does King's Shield block WoW?
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 7th November 2013 at 5:27 PM.

Here's my 2 cents

Pure physical Sword and Board has a very predictable move set, that can be greatly hindered by WoW and taunt and good prediction.

Pure Special S&B needs KS or it will simply be out sped by most things, and without the back and forth of his defenses, he would be easier to pick off making making a physical wall breaker at best. With KS, he can be decently good brute. Meaning three attacks and your choice of Automize or KS.

Making him mixed makes him less predictable and able to cut down walls like we are in Berlin.

Simply put, Sword and Board is a complete wild card with no easy counters or or absolute checks. Except another Sword and Board. I think he counters himself rather effectively...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus™ View Post
    Um thats not a bad set. Usually its sacred sword>iron head but i could see the use in iron head. Not only that but the scenario you described should never happen unless you are a bad player. Why are you stating in on sableye in the first place? An then hen you are burnt, he can stall you out. Burn damage will eventually kill you. Not only that but shafow ball doesnt ohko, leaving sableye to hit you with something (foul play probably) while you are in sword form. The other wuestion is why your opp is using sableye in the first place.
    I was describing how that situation would go if it was Aegislash v Sableye. I shadow sneak the first turn to force the recover, and then we play the waiting game. Since Shadow ball is in fact a 2HKO, the turn you use foul play, since I naturally outspeed, Sableye dies.
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I was describing how that situation would go if it was Aegislash v Sableye. I shadow sneak the first turn to force the recover, and then we play the waiting game. Since Shadow ball is in fact a 2HKO, the turn you use foul play, since I naturally outspeed, Sableye dies.
    why are you staying in on sableye in the first place? knowing it has WoW. Also why are you using both shadow sneak AND shadow ball? also the situation you describe would never happen if you were a good enough player. No sane player is leaving aegis in on sableye. Honestly you should never even see sableye

Getting back on topic, I've found common counters and checks to Aegis are things like talonflame (mixed sans kings shield or even if talonflame just runs overheat), diggersby, and mandibuzz. Anything that outspeeds and can hit with EQ is also good as well, such as zygarde, excadrill, etc. even greninja can be considered a good check. Honestly aegis isnt that hard to handle. Its easily predictable, etc, but its till a good mon, similar to keldeo last gen

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus™ View Post
    why are you staying in on sableye in the first place? knowing it has WoW. Also why are you using both shadow sneak AND shadow ball? also the situation you describe would never happen if you were a good enough player. No sane player is leaving aegis in on sableye. Honestly you should never even see sableye

Getting back on topic, I've found common counters and checks to Aegis are things like talonflame (mixed sans kings shield or even if talonflame just runs overheat), diggersby, and mandibuzz. Anything that outspeeds and can hit with EQ is also good as well, such as zygarde, excadrill, etc. even greninja can be considered a good check. Honestly aegis isnt that hard to handle. Its easily predictable, etc, but its till a good mon, similar to keldeo last gen
    . . .
    Are you dense. . ?
    I was speaking hypothetically IF that were to ever happen, that is how it would play out. . .

Also, did you really ask why I'm carrying Shadow sneak and Shadow ball?
    It's mixed, and SS gives him priority to KO pokes on their last breath. . .
    Every sane player should know that. . .
    Last edited by MuhFugginMoose; 7th November 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    actually, sableye has a higher speed stat than aegislash

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast