Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 256

Thread: Aegislash Discussion Thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    actually, sableye has a higher speed stat than aegislash
    No. . . Actually it doesn't.
    Aegislash


    Sableye
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    ANYWAYS...sableye is a legit counter to sableye
    swords dance all you want, sableye will just use foul play

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    ANYWAYS...sableye is a legit counter to sableye
    swords dance all you want, sableye will just use foul play
    >.>
    That's one way to have a rebuttal. . .
    It's not a counter in the sense you want it to be.
    The second you foul play, you've given Aegislash a free Shadow ball, and if you didn't recover, it's the shadow ball that will be taking Sableye out of the game before it gets the chance to pop off a foul play.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    ANYWAYS...sableye is a legit counter to sableye
    swords dance all you want, sableye will just use foul play
    we went over this, sableye only checks swords dancea aegislash, and its a bad one at that, any other set destroys it and now you`re arguing against yourself with foul play, as burning aegislash decreases the damage from foul play, while if you use foul play, you run the risk of being OHKOed by +2 iron head.



  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    >.>
    That's one way to have a rebuttal. . .
    It's not a counter in the sense you want it to be.
    The second you foul play, you've given Aegislash a free Shadow ball, and if you didn't recover, it's the shadow ball that will be taking Sableye out of the game before it gets the chance to pop off a foul play.
    man you are taking this too seriously, you assume that all aegislash are "mixed" attackers when in reality, its not. the only move you keep repeating is shadow ball. aegislash's learnset is majority physical.
    aegislash will (for the most part) be a adamant or brave nature. my aegislash is brave and it sweeps very nicely so I intend to keep it that way

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    man you are taking this too seriously, you assume that all aegislash are "mixed" attackers when in reality, its not. the only move you keep repeating is shadow ball. aegislash's learnset is majority physical.
    aegislash will (for the most part) be a adamant or brave nature. my aegislash is brave and it sweeps very nicely so I intend to keep it that way
    How is he taking anything too seriously? He's countering your argument in a very civil way. What else would you have him do?


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    man you are taking this too seriously, you assume that all aegislash are "mixed" attackers when in reality, its not. the only move you keep repeating is shadow ball. aegislash's learnset is majority physical.
    aegislash will (for the most part) be a adamant or brave nature. my aegislash is brave and it sweeps very nicely so I intend to keep it that way
    I'm not taking this "too seriously" I'm telling you why Sableye is not as good a counter as you think it is. You're assuming all aegislash are Physical attackers, when in reality, that's no where near the case.
    As of now, Mixed Aegislash is more popular than physical for that exact reason, a burn stops it in its tracks.
    Mine is brave as well, and it's mixed. And burn doesn't stop it from sweeping. Yours on the other hand, will be.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    ok i`m out of patients
    sableye is a terrible check all it does it stop physical aegislash, which no good player really uses as its mixed set is superior, and even then its mind games to stop its swords dance set as if you taunt when sableye is in, aegislash will win if it iron heads, or it will just switch out. I dont get where you`re getting a special based set from, we`re all saying MIXED not special meaning it hits both ways, but is special based with shadow ball as its main stab move. Stop grasping at straws to prove sableye is a counter, no one is going to agree, and we`ve proven the argument wrong in at least 2 posts.



  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    hes in a rage rant, I said my piece anyway... plus unless aegislash can learn flash cannon, special based movesets are irrelevant
    Well, it just so happens he can learn Flash Cannon.
    The main site is there for a reason, but we're talking mixed anyways.

    I'm not on any sort of a rage, I was just expressing why Sableye isn't as much of a hard counter as you like to think.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Let's just drop it, eh?

    I've been meaning to try an Automatize set, what might that look like?


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  11. #61

    Default

    All in favor of just leaving Sableye out of this thread because it's been beaten to death?

    Good!

    Honestly aegis isnt that hard to handle. Its easily predictable, etc, but its till a good mon, similar to keldeo last gen
    I'd say it's one of those things that is just tricky to switch into, due to pretty solid coverage and mixed stats. Yeah, once you've got something in, it's not too hard to check, but a free switch isn't always a guarantee.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Let's just drop it, eh?

    I've been meaning to try an Automatize set, what might that look like?
    Aegislash@life orb
    Mild/Rash
    64 attack/252 sp attack/194 speed
    -sacred sword
    -shadow ball
    -hp ice
    -automize

    and i agree, any more posts involving sableye as a counter will be considered spam, because thats the way the argument is going



  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    I've been trying to think of an autotomize set myself.
    because honestly, its speed is one of the only things holding it back.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  14. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I've been trying to think of an autotomize set myself.
    because honestly, its speed is one of the only things holding it back.
    Its speed could be utilized decent in Trick Room as well... as unreliable as Trick Room can be at times. Makes me wonder if/when we'll get a Trick Room lengthening hold item. But I digress.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Its speed could be utilized decent in Trick Room as well... as unreliable as Trick Room can be at times. Makes me wonder if/when we'll get a Trick Room lengthening hold item. But I digress.
    its speed is actually a little high for TR, with a base speed of 60 its like using tyranitar as a TR sweeper, there are a lot of other sweepers that are better at the job, plus as you mentioned, TR is unreliable. This puts aegislash in an awkward position as it needs +3 to really outspeed a lot of threats, like dragon dance tyranitar, tho it can get it, but its hps suffer, especially since it has to use a life orb to score the OHKOs it wants



  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    All in favor of just leaving Sableye out of this thread because it's been beaten to death?

    Good!



    I'd say it's one of those things that is just tricky to switch into, due to pretty solid coverage and mixed stats. Yeah, once you've got something in, it's not too hard to check, but a free switch isn't always a guarantee.
    you can pretty much predict what its running tho. IIRC moxed sets dont run kings shield, so if you see it you know its exact set almost 90% of the time. If it never uses kings shield it mixed. Similar to how keldeo was almost always ebelt or scarf.

    As to tr aegis, danger i think its actually sitting at a perfect speed right now. There was something of a speed creep this gen, with at least 6 -7 new pokemon that are base 110+. As such the min speed for tr kind of shifted up some (using the way it should theoretically work). It could definitely be a shot, similar to how Tr victini was a thing last gen. Even if you feel its too fast, you can always stall for time with kings shield to suit your favor (unless mixed). Regardless, its speed is one of its biggest downfalls, and tr would definitely help.

    @ghost boy my advice would be to lurk more, or at the least follow the framework of good posters. Posting one liners about what nature is best is not really a quality post. Neither is ranting about how savleye counters aegislash (lol).

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    K, im back. Aegislash can be a sweeper after one swords dance OR, slap on a choice band and then give out constant trolls with shadow sneak
    plus, either aegislash can be mixed w/ out ev investment in Def and SpD, or run a special or a physical set
    which means either 252 Atk/ SpA for mixed, 252 Atk/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD, for physical, or 252 SpA/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD for special

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    K, im back. Aegislash can be a sweeper after one swords dance OR, slap on a choice band and then give out constant trolls with shadow sneak
    plus, either aegislash can be mixed w/ out ev investment in Def and SpD, or run a special or a physical set
    which means either 252 Atk/ SpA for mixed, 252 Atk/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD, for physical, or 252 SpA/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD for special
    Do you know the meaning of the word, "troll?" Also, why in the world are you using defensive evs (not hp) and 129 at that? Do you know how evs work?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus™ View Post
    Do you know the meaning of the word, "troll?" Also, why in the world are you using defensive evs (not hp) and 129 at that? Do you know how evs work?
    yes I do as a matter of fact, troll means to do something (in this case, attack) because you know that the other person cant do anything about it
    evs are calculated at 510 max so 252+129+129=510
    and because its defenses and offenses are the highest thing on this sword and shield
    ah thank ya

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    yes I do as a matter of fact, troll means to do something (in this case, attack) because you know that the other person cant do anything about it
    evs are calculated at 510 max so 252+129+129=510
    and because its defenses and offenses are the highest thing on this sword and shield
    ah thank ya
    That's actually not what trolling means at all, not even in the competitive battling context.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    That's actually not what trolling means at all, not even in the competitive battling context.
    then what is it? apparently that's only 2/3 of the questions that Klaus asked me
    trolling has a bigger part in defensive pokemon but sweeping is for offensive pokemon... I guess I should've used sweeping instead of trolling huh

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Ok um...im pretty sure theres a rule against posts by users with almost zero knowledge of the meta (or there should be). Evs are increased in increments of 4, so stats would increase eery 4 evs. Investing in defenses is complete dookie unless you know what you are doing and are trying to defend gainst a specific thing (neither of which are true in this scenario). You are being terribly inefficient.

    And no. Thats not trolling as sevensevens(fk divine i like this name better) said.

    Anyway im honestly curious as to trick room aegislash. It would be a decent way of getting around aegis' checks/counters such as diggersby, talonflame, any ground type ever that outspeeds and survives sacred sword/shadow ball/hp ice, and heatran.

  23. #73

    Default

    Trolling means you're doing something with the intent to annoy someone, anger them, or downright insult them.

    Can we please stop pretending that we can predict what Aegislash is going to do? Because we can't. It's just so good at so much stuff. Mixed sets are nearly impossible to safely switch into. King's Shield + 3 attacks sets can abuse Aegislash's natural power and bulk at the same time to serve as a better tank. SD + KS sets can use Aegislash's natural bulk and King's Shield to set up multiple Swords Dances and sweep. SD + 3 attacks sets give up King's Shield for a more powerful STAB or better coverage. Double Dance sets can utilize Aegislash's defensive ability to set up both Swords Dance and Autotomize and sweep all sorts of teams with its natural power. Special Autotomize sets terrorize offensive teams that rely on things like Landorus-T to check the physical sets. The occasional Choice sets can dish out very impressive power output with the right move. The thing is, Aegislash has tons of different combinations it can run, and it's pretty fantastic at all of them. I'd say that some sets are better than others (the mixed set and King's Shield tank set are probably the best right now), but it's not just as simple as "Well, it'll probably run X moves, so I'll just slap Pokemon Y on my team and be done with it." Unless you use one of the few Pokemon like Mandibuzz who can actually shut down most Aegislash sets (if you run into one of those CB sets with Head Smash, good luck), you're not going to know whether or not you can actually beat Aegislash until it reveals its set, and there's no telling what it can do in that short span of time beforehand.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Coruscant
    Posts
    907

    Default

    On Showdown, I've seen sets for Aegislash which don't even have the King's Shield and utilise Switching to change Stances to the Shield Stance. These Aegislashes tend to forego the King's Shield in order to maintain impetus. Do you think this is a wise decision?


    "It starts as an idea and then becomes a legend."

    |.|Join SPPf's Pokémon Animé Style Battling League, where Trainers fight in Pokémon battles to become the very best.

    ASB TL3 Trainer
    W/L: 17-0-0

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    K, im back. Aegislash can be a sweeper after one swords dance OR, slap on a choice band and then give out constant trolls with shadow sneak
    plus, either aegislash can be mixed w/ out ev investment in Def and SpD, or run a special or a physical set
    which means either 252 Atk/ SpA for mixed, 252 Atk/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD, for physical, or 252 SpA/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD for special
    Evs are wrong, it can add up to 510, but doesnt mean they work, evs must be divisible by 4 to gain a stat, making anything else a waste of evs. Aegislash has such poor defenses its a waste to sink evs into them as it makes is low defenses mildly lower, while taking a lot from its offensive power, honestly 128 evs into either defense wont allow it to really change any OHKOs in 2, or it will be a minor damage decrease, overall making it inferior to other sets. Honestly a choiced version of aegislash is generally inferior to other forms of aegislash as its basically always gets a chance to set up swords dance or automise, which while a choice band set has immediate power, is overall inferior to a LO boosting set due to its wallbreaking potential, much like garchomp in BW, whos swords dance set was far superior to a choice band sets, thus why it wasn't common at all.
    As for trolling, you used the word wrong, trolling in the sense of battling is generally reserved for prankster users do to how they annoy the opponent with their priority status moves, and are often a gimmack at best, tho have some rolls on some teams such as manual weather teams.

    @TCR and Divine: Instead of pointing out what someone posted wrong, fully explain why or at least a brief explanation otherwise they board spam



Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •