Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (808)

This was such a good episode! In fact, the XY series in general seems to have a much better sense of humour and is better thought out than the DP series and Black and White. I love the VS screen that comes up just before they go into battle, and I enjoyed the battle itself. I agree that Serena is quite a bland character as far as the female leading characters go, but I like the plot that's seeming more and more like a love story on her part. It's the first time Pokemon has ever done that consistently, I think. It's set to be a brilliant series!
    is the coolest.
    Song of the week: Kill The Director - The Wombats
    A little bit in love with Ash Ketchum. Oh, and Dedenne.

3DS friend code: 2836-0168-8523

Feel free to read my Pokemon fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~breedy95

Name: Blaze
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Overall decent dub episode. My only major issue is that they changed the music. It bugged me because I liked the Japanese original music and its a lot more energetic. In the dub its kinda quite and doesn't add excitement at all to the battle.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

This episode was great. I was disappointed Pikachu lost to a Surskit though.

That Surskit was so tough. I don't even remember my first impressions when I watched this episode when it came out. Serena asking Ash of he remembered her made me laugh though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    That Surskit was so tough. I don't even remember my first impressions when I watched this episode when it came out. Serena asking Ash of he remembered her made me laugh though.
    I think it was Viola's strategy more than Surskit. When she made the ice field she focused on getting Pikachu off hos feet so he'd be virtually imobilized. And if you can't move you're going to lose. Not saying Surskit is weak BTW.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Saw the dubbed episode, and I loved it! Serena's VA is especially selling her character for me, and the end was just completely marvelous, especially with the music. But I never imagined Viola's name would be pronounced VEE-oh-la. My mind's totally been blown.

XY starts to look a lot like the original series. Great dub, great emotions, great animation... Yup, I really like that. The music also feels kinda « vintage ».
    Black 2 team :

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimbird View Post
    XY starts to look a lot like the original series. Great dub, great emotions, great animation... Yup, I really like that. The music also feels kinda « vintage ».
    ...I'm not seeing how XY is shaping up to look like OS. Several "patterns" that were upheld by OS have already been broken by this point. If anything, it's BW who fits that description; Bulbapedia and (I believe) the anime staff states that themselves.
    Last edited by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath; 19th February 2014 at 12:13 AM.

Great dub, great emotions, great animation...
    The dub sucks badly now, IMO, and I feel little to no genuine emotion with the XY Series, so I can't agree.

If anything, XY resembles AG minus that series that had a great dub and actually had genuine emotion in it (until BF when TPCi took over).
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    The dub sucks badly now, IMO, and I feel little to no genuine emotion with the XY Series, so I can't agree.

If anything, XY resembles AG minus that series that had a great dub and actually had genuine emotion in it (until BF when TPCi took over).
    I personally feel that you are blinded by your dislike of TPCI, because they have really been bringing it this season so far especially Sarah because Ash sounds much better and she has great comedic timing when me along with my nephews laughed when Ash said he had no clue where the gym was.

XY is more like AG than OS IMO but it and the dub are still very much enjoyable
    Last edited by Dark/Legendary Master; 19th February 2014 at 12:29 AM.

My Tumblr

What I wanted to say is that the dub is in a good way in comparison of past seasons to get better and come close to the original one. And, while it's strickly subjective, I actually find that I get almost the same feeling and excitement watching this season than when I was watching OS. I don't talk about patterns, but about feelings. It wasn't the same in BW. Now, I find the serie is much better than BW in a long way.
    Black 2 team :

What I wanted to say is that the dub is in a good way in comparison of past seasons to get better and come close to the original one. And, while it's strickly subjective, I actually find that I get almost the same feeling and excitement watching this season than when I was watching OS. I don't talk about patterns, but about feelings. It wasn't the same in BW. Now, I find the serie is much better than BW in a long way.
    I get what you're trying to say. Like you said its all subjective so I'm glad you're enjoying it.

My Tumblr

I agree with you because i am actually waking up early saturday mornings to watch episodes again, BW nearly killed my loved for the anime, XY is a much needed breath of fresh hair

The dub was decent. Wished they didn't change the background music. At least the dialogue is pretty close to the original, keeping the cliffhanger at the end in place.

I think I just figured out who voices Viola in the dub. It has to be Suzy Myers.

Viola is stronger than I thought and Ametama can knock out Pikachu despite type disadvantage. I did not expect that Ametama uses Reito Bimu to change the battlefield to ice field.

i loved this episode, serena meets ups with ash, i was probally the only one yelling at the tv when she saw him
    you helped me become a hero slade, thank you. - oliver to slade (arrow season 2 finale)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011