This episode had a lot of good things about it.
1. Random Viola appearance taking a picture of Ash and Pikachu at the water fountain, and if I heard the words correctly, Viola pointing out where the gym was.
2. Helioptile suddenly really liking Ash, I know we saw this in the first episode, but when exactly did Helioptile warm up to Ash.
3. Clemont freaking out when Bonnie was asking Viola's hand in marriage (I assume that's Bonnie was doing) requiring Clemont to use his Aipom arm. LOL absolutely LOL, it looked to me like Clemont was dying of embarrassment. Absolutely hilarious.
4. Pikachu being beaten by Surskit, not that was entirely good, but it confirmed that Fletchling was going to beat Surskit.
5. Serena. For some reason I like Serena far more than the other girls, there's just something innocent and gentle about her other than the other girls, that I just like. I just disliked all the other girls, I guess maybe Serena is just handled better I guess. But I'm sure we'll have the obligatory Serena and Ash arguing episode, that I *LOVE* so much.
Things I didn't really like:
1. Overall the battle felt too rushed, and too quick but meh.
2. Ash being so emotional about his Pokemon. Ash has had battles before, tough battles, I don't know if he blames himself for the battle, but Ash was definitely too emotional, and what the hell was the point of Ash catching Pikachu and Fletchling while they were pushed away with Noivern's gust attack. I don't know about you, but that was just kind of awful to watch. Knowing what I've seen Ash's Pokemon have endured in the past. I don't know they're doing the whole Ash cares about Pokemon to such high extremes, that I don't really care for it. I hope they ease up a little, because it's kind of distracting. On occasion, sure, it will be fine, but not every time Ash's Pokemon get hurt. It's like watching N battling, not Ash. Ash wants to be a Pokemon master, he wants to battle gym leader earn badges, but why is Ash acting like his Pokemon being damaged which was going to happen, why is he acting like they're going to die or something.
Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.