Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 268

Thread: A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (808)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Bonnie and Clemont seem to be offering quite a diverse set of gags, I'm loving it.

    I've seen bashing already from people who don't even watch the show, claiming that Pikachu is level 300 and can therefore OHKO anything, but screw them. The battle was great and the writers did a good job of snuffing out Pikachu and giving Fletchling a win and a decent attempt vs. Vivillion.

    The way XY003 and XY004 went combined with the lack of Team Rocket here shows that the writers have a good idea of how to pace out their encounters with Ash so far, which is great. Good pacing is what they need above all else, they don't need to be serious or competent really.

    The ending has also changed to include Fennekin, Dedenne and something beginning with "Ba" (Bashaamo/Blaziken? A sign of things to come?) in the lyrics instead of Pikachu, Froakie and Meowth. Would have been nice if there was some animation to reflect this, but it's cool either way.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rykel22 View Post
    Has Ash ever dex'd a surskit before?

    I don't think it matters. I think the reason Ash looks up Pokemon that he had looked up before in his Pokedex is so that the viewers can know a little bit about the said Pokemon.

    Overall, this episode was very well done. The gym battle was amazing and I loved the gag of Bonnie asking Viola to marry Clemont. Haha :P




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  3. #28

    Default

    That or so Ash can remember what kind of attacks these Pokemon can do to fight against one, I see nothing wrong with that from time to time, with a gym battle most of all cuz people actually try not to lose at these thingsXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    The ending has also changed to include Fennekin, Dedenne and something beginning with "Ba" (Bashaamo/Blaziken? A sign of things to come?)
    Baketcha.
    Which could be very interesting if it actually means something.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Baketcha.
    Which could be very interesting if it actually means something.
    Aha, Ash's obligatory grass type. Here's hoping that's a thing.

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I don't think it matters. I think the reason Ash looks up Pokemon that he had looked up before in his Pokedex is so that the viewers can know a little bit about the said Pokemon.
    Probably, Serena is going to be the one dexing old Pokémon while Ash dexes new Pokémon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Baketcha.
    Which could be very interesting if it actually means something.
    For reference, that's Pumpkaboo's Japanese name.

    But a Pumpkaboo? I assure you if it ends up with Ash, it might get traded away.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    141

    Default

    why didnt ash use froakie in his gym battle?...

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fourrage Road
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    But a Pumpkaboo? I assure you if it ends up with Ash, it might get traded away.
    While I did comment on this, I moved my comment onto one of the spoiler speculation threads so we don't get in trouble

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No, no one used Hidden Power.



    She asked if he remembered.
    Did he answer??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Did he answer??
    Cliffhanger.

    The other times she tried to ask she was interrupted one way or another.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    This episode looked amazing yet again. X & Y is a real turn around for the series, its great.
    Awesome to see a Surskit again, and happy Sticky Web has already been shown AND used as part of a legitimate strategy. Its also great to see a Bird take centre stage over Pikachu and a Starter.

    Can't wait for the Dub.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 7th November 2013 at 5:29 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Oh well, Pikachu has lost worse to than a Surskit.
    Last edited by Demonsead; 7th November 2013 at 5:38 PM.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

    Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

    Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,907

    Default

    Serena basically spent this entire episode obsessed with Ash. Wow.

  14. #39

    Default

    Unfortunately, it appears there are some highly inaccurate "translations" floating around again. Please make sure to not trust whatever random translation you stumble across unless you know it comes from a reliable source.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears there are some highly inaccurate "translations" floating around again. Please make sure to not trust whatever random translation you stumble across unless you know it comes from a reliable source.
    So all those subtitles with Serena excited to meet Ash are wrong? She seems obsessed with him.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    I liked Viola in this episode. I'm not into Gym battle episodes but I will watch just to see the Gym Leaders, I know how the Gym matches themselves will go. Viola's voice was so nice to listen to, She must be the Skyla of Kalos. I assume when Bonnie spoke to Viola she said "Viola please marry my brother and make me a aunt." Clemont's reaction to it was great with the Aipom arm thing. It was more comical then I thought it would be, but I can see it going dry if it goes as long as Brock's gag did. Either Viola talks some smack in the battle or Ash doesn't like losing, cause he looked rather pissed with Viola after she won. You'd think after five regions of the same old shtick, he'd be used to this. It's kinda for that reason I wasn't at all concerned about the loss. I know he's going to win and Alexa's training him. Apparently she wants to see her little sister fail as Gym Leader and lose. That will teach Viola for not getting Alexa a birthday gift.

    And finally Serena joins the cast and I have to say, I really missed episode 1 and 2's Serena. Today we got shy Serena, which is understandable, but maybe they should have had her meet Ash and friends in another episode besides this one. Her interactions with Bonnie were cute, however brief they were but I hope they can flesh her out on the main cast soon. No Team Rocket I believe. Still feels strange.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    why didnt ash use froakie in his gym battle?...
    Cause Pikachu is his main, and fletchling has the atvantage.

    I'll watch this later though. Exciting.

    Also, i don't mind how serena's acting right now, but I'm sure some people are going to take issue with it ._...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    805

    Default

    I don't even get the assumptions some people have made(not necessarily here) that somehow lack of power is why Pikachu lost, because it certainly wasn't.

    Right near the start of the battle it countered Pikachu's electroball with ice beam. It then froze the whole floor giving it a massive advantage. Pikachu wasn't able to move well at all, while Surskit being a water skeeter was able to skid around on the ice like it was nothing. Pikachu was still struggling to get its footing and Surskit seized this chance to hammer the crap out of it. So it's only logically Pikachu lost it could barely stand let alone battle on that field.

    Had pikachu been on even footing with Surskit no doubt would Pikachu would have won. To further that Ash then sent out his fletchling being a flying type the ice field wasn't a problem and it quickly destroyed surskit proving surskit only won because of field advantage.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

    Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

    Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So all those subtitles with Serena excited to meet Ash are wrong? She seems obsessed with him.
    I have no intent to dig through an entire "translated" script and make a detailed list of everything that was wrong just because people insist on reading it despite being told it's full of errors.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    This episode had a lot of good things about it.

    1. Random Viola appearance taking a picture of Ash and Pikachu at the water fountain, and if I heard the words correctly, Viola pointing out where the gym was.

    2. Helioptile suddenly really liking Ash, I know we saw this in the first episode, but when exactly did Helioptile warm up to Ash.

    3. Clemont freaking out when Bonnie was asking Viola's hand in marriage (I assume that's Bonnie was doing) requiring Clemont to use his Aipom arm. LOL absolutely LOL, it looked to me like Clemont was dying of embarrassment. Absolutely hilarious.

    4. Pikachu being beaten by Surskit, not that was entirely good, but it confirmed that Fletchling was going to beat Surskit.

    5. Serena. For some reason I like Serena far more than the other girls, there's just something innocent and gentle about her other than the other girls, that I just like. I just disliked all the other girls, I guess maybe Serena is just handled better I guess. But I'm sure we'll have the obligatory Serena and Ash arguing episode, that I *LOVE* so much.

    Things I didn't really like:

    1. Overall the battle felt too rushed, and too quick but meh.

    2. Ash being so emotional about his Pokemon. Ash has had battles before, tough battles, I don't know if he blames himself for the battle, but Ash was definitely too emotional, and what the hell was the point of Ash catching Pikachu and Fletchling while they were pushed away with Noivern's gust attack. I don't know about you, but that was just kind of awful to watch. Knowing what I've seen Ash's Pokemon have endured in the past. I don't know they're doing the whole Ash cares about Pokemon to such high extremes, that I don't really care for it. I hope they ease up a little, because it's kind of distracting. On occasion, sure, it will be fine, but not every time Ash's Pokemon get hurt. It's like watching N battling, not Ash. Ash wants to be a Pokemon master, he wants to battle gym leader earn badges, but why is Ash acting like his Pokemon being damaged which was going to happen, why is he acting like they're going to die or something.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,877

    Default

    So Serena finally found Ash in the Gym. It has so thoughtful of handling him the handichief and stuff. I'm sorry that I have to see him lose to Viola. But its great to see Alexa again. If Serena really have a crush on Ash, then the other girls better watch out.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  22. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I don't think it matters. I think the reason Ash looks up Pokemon that he had looked up before in his Pokedex is so that the viewers can know a little bit about the said Pokemon.
    So Ash knows about the fourth wall? That explains a lot if you think about it.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by World Turtle View Post
    So Ash knows about the fourth wall? That explains a lot if you think about it.
    Yeah atcually, if he did this, then to be honest we would KNOW the logic is broken and we wouldn't have to worry about it. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This episode had a lot of good things about it.

    1. Random Viola appearance taking a picture of Ash and Pikachu at the water fountain, and if I heard the words correctly, Viola pointing out where the gym was.

    2. Helioptile suddenly really liking Ash, I know we saw this in the first episode, but when exactly did Helioptile warm up to Ash.

    3. Clemont freaking out when Bonnie was asking Viola's hand in marriage (I assume that's Bonnie was doing) requiring Clemont to use his Aipom arm. LOL absolutely LOL, it looked to me like Clemont was dying of embarrassment. Absolutely hilarious.

    4. Pikachu being beaten by Surskit, not that was entirely good, but it confirmed that Fletchling was going to beat Surskit.

    5. Serena. For some reason I like Serena far more than the other girls, there's just something innocent and gentle about her other than the other girls, that I just like. I just disliked all the other girls, I guess maybe Serena is just handled better I guess. But I'm sure we'll have the obligatory Serena and Ash arguing episode, that I *LOVE* so much.

    Things I didn't really like:

    1. Overall the battle felt too rushed, and too quick but meh.

    2. Ash being so emotional about his Pokemon. Ash has had battles before, tough battles, I don't know if he blames himself for the battle, but Ash was definitely too emotional, and what the hell was the point of Ash catching Pikachu and Fletchling while they were pushed away with Noivern's gust attack. I don't know about you, but that was just kind of awful to watch. Knowing what I've seen Ash's Pokemon have endured in the past. I don't know they're doing the whole Ash cares about Pokemon to such high extremes, that I don't really care for it. I hope they ease up a little, because it's kind of distracting. On occasion, sure, it will be fine, but not every time Ash's Pokemon get hurt. It's like watching N battling, not Ash. Ash wants to be a Pokemon master, he wants to battle gym leader earn badges, but why is Ash acting like his Pokemon being damaged which was going to happen, why is he acting like they're going to die or something.
    I'm pretty sure they just needed a reason for Ash to get bruised up to end the episode as they did with Serena lol.
    Also I like that he was so upset about the loss, instead of brushing it aside being all "oh well we'll just have to try harder next time".
    I agree that the battle was pretty quick but then there was a lot of other things to cover in this episode, I'm just thankful that this battle was the rushed one, the one in next weeks episode should be handled better, I hope. And even then it's not like the matchups and KO's were unrealistically handled bar Pikachu falling to so few of Surskit's hits, which is just standard early series nerfed Pikachu lol.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by World Turtle View Post
    So Ash knows about the fourth wall? That explains a lot if you think about it.
    No, you misunderstood. Obviously Ash is not aware of the fourth wall. I meant the writers have Ash do that for that reason. Plus they give a little extra info about the Pokemon in terms of it's type or characteristics which help in a battle.

    I can't get over the Bonnie asking Viola to marry Clemont scene. It was hilarious because Clemont looked genuinely embarrassed xD
    It seems like Bonnie used to do that before because he knew before she asked Viola to be his bride what was coming next.
    Bonnie asking Viola.
    Embarrassed Clemont.

    Ash, as always, was clueless as ever and seemed to not know what they were talking about lol.
    Last edited by Sephora; 7th November 2013 at 7:08 PM.




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •