Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber Thread

Default Uber Thread

With the generation shift, and the 6th gen talk in the 5th gen thread, we created a new uber thread for 6th gen.

As before, discuss anything uber related here

pokemon in ubers include
        Spoiler:- Uber List:
    Last edited by McDanger; 19th November 2013 at 9:39 PM.

so to get things rolling.....
    how do you think Xerneas and fairy Arceus will impact Ubers?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Power heb Xerenas is OP.

That's all I can say. It demolishes entire teams and is too easy to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    so to get things rolling.....
    how do you think Xerneas and fairy Arceus will impact Ubers?

Arceus-Fairy might become the new premiere defensive/Calm Mind Arceus form. STAB Moonblast and an immunity to Draco Meteor, resistance to Fighting Judgement and Focus Blast, and resistance to Dark Pulse gives him some key footholds in the Ubers tier.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

an uber of the new gen might have to be... do mega evos count?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Power heb Xerenas is OP.

That's all I can say. It demolishes entire teams and is too easy to set up.
    I'm going to have to respectively disagree with you here. Power Herb Xerneas has potential to sweep unprepared and weakened teams, but shouldn't really be a problem to a prepared player.

Xerneas has a list of pokemon it cannot beat with the standard Power Herb, Focus Blast/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Geomancy set. The metagame is also moving towards semi-stall teams, and Xerneas is near useless paralyzed and has problems if it is phazed during setup. Offensive teams don't mind fitting (Mega) Scizor, Aegislash, or (Mega) Lucario into their lineup, which all give Xerneas spasms if it takes previous damage (or if Luke/Scizor have a SD under their belt).

That being said, Xerneas is not bad either. It makes for a great scarfer atm and can really catch people off guard with a mixed attacking set. Occasionally, the Geomancy set can sweep too, but after playing around 100 battles so far, I have not been swept by nor have I swept with a Power Herb Geomancy Xerneas.

I think the elephant in the room is Kyogre. Here we are talking about Xerneas when the biggest question is about Kyogre's impact in the metagame.

With Drizzle's nerf, I don't know whether this will affect Kyogre or not. It makes defensive Rain-based strategies less viable (RestTalk Kyogre). On the other hand, Water Spout Kyogre is still monstrous.

What's everyone's opinion on Kyogre's future in XY Ubers?
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I think the elephant in the room is Kyogre. Here we are talking about Xerneas when the biggest question is about Kyogre's impact in the metagame.

With Drizzle's nerf, I don't know whether this will affect Kyogre or not. It makes defensive Rain-based strategies less viable (RestTalk Kyogre). On the other hand, Water Spout Kyogre is still monstrous.

What's everyone's opinion on Kyogre's future in XY Ubers?
    I think Kyogre's future is pretty secure, if only because of the raw power of Choice Specs Water Spout basically O/2HKOing 3/4ths of the metagame.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

So basically it'll still be #1 in usage and have 50% usage in Ubers.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    So basically it'll still be #1 in usage and have 50% usage in Ubers.
    Maybe not 50% and maybe not #1, but it will still be a top threat and have very significant usage. In fact it might very well stay at #1 if only because of the Choice sets.

~Richard Dawkins

Well Kyogre wouldnt change much in my opinion but its rain nerf will make stuff like Kabutops sort of insignificant in the tier.

Xerneas is pretty easy to counter now that there's Aegislash and MegaZor in the fray. Both can take a +2 moon blast and deal tons of damage with their steel STABs.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

unless, you invest in Def/SpD evs, xerneas will be easily ohko'd by poison types though... or pokes that know poison type moves

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    unless, you invest in Def/SpD evs, xerneas will be easily ohko'd by poison types though... or pokes that know poison type moves
    Only remotely common Poison type in Ubers is Arceus-Poison though.

~Richard Dawkins

true, but on the turn your pokemon switches in to check it, xerneas gets a geomancy with a power herb, which allows it to outspeed a lot of would be threats, as well as KO said switch ins such as poison arceus and steel arceus with psyshock and focus blast respectfully. Because of this I can see an increase in defensive arceus, altho aegislash does a nice job checking it from what i`ve heard, as well as mewtwo and to a lesser extent, arceus normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    true, but on the turn your pokemon switches in to check it, xerneas gets a geomancy with a power herb, which allows it to outspeed a lot of would be threats, as well as KO said switch ins such as poison arceus and steel arceus with psyshock and focus blast respectfully. Because of this I can see an increase in defensive arceus, altho aegislash does a nice job checking it from what i`ve heard, as well as mewtwo and to a lesser extent, arceus normal.
    remember that time I said I won against a lot of people on link battles? majority of those people had xerneas (noobs I might add, along with elites) and my shell smash boosted cloyster with focus sash took it out with one poison jab. and that goes for rated battles too... cloyster has skill link so it knew rock blast and icicle spear too for yveltal users

remember that time I said I won against a lot of people on link battles? majority of those people had xerneas (noobs I might add, along with elites) and my shell smash boosted cloyster with focus sash took it out with one poison jab. and that goes for rated battles too... cloyster has skill link so it knew rock blast and icicle spear too for yveltal users
    Cloyster is a shacky check because if there is stealth rocks up, its going to lose its sash, while it can't switch straight in due to that, making it needed to lead with it or get it in prior to hazards/remove hazards which is a fair amount of work imo when you could use a set counter that also handles 2 of the most powerful ubers. Not saying cloyster is bad, but from my experience with it last generation, its inferior to other pokemon as what it does due to its lack of coverage and fairly low speed, making it outspeed by a lot of +2 threats last generation like venusaur and kingdra. While they may not be as common with the weather nerf, it should be noted that kyogre can beat it with its bulk and access to thunder, even if it doesn't kill because of its sash, a priority move or dialgia will finish it, both of which are fairly common in ubers, well simulator ubers.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    Cloyster is a shacky check because if there is stealth rocks up, its going to lose its sash, while it can't switch straight in due to that, making it needed to lead with it or get it in prior to hazards/remove hazards which is a fair amount of work imo when you could use a set counter that also handles 2 of the most powerful ubers. Not saying cloyster is bad, but from my experience with it last generation, its inferior to other pokemon as what it does due to its lack of coverage and fairly low speed, making it outspeed by a lot of +2 threats last generation like venusaur and kingdra. While they may not be as common with the weather nerf, it should be noted that kyogre can beat it with its bulk and access to thunder, even if it doesn't kill because of its sash, a priority move or dialgia will finish it, both of which are fairly common in ubers, well simulator ubers.
    priority moves, entry hazards, and status conditions are all risks im willing to take
    cloyster is such a boss (female) that I named her Anti-Uber (great name huh?) she sweeps at least 1 pokemon. like wobbuffet, its really hard not to take out at least one pokemon with you
    Last edited by ghost_dog97; 8th November 2013 at 5:49 AM.

Cloyster is OU but a little overrated. It would probably like a priority move, like maybe Water Shuriken, in order to address threats like Breloom.

"It starts as an idea and then becomes a legend."

|.|Join SPPf's Pokémon Animé Style Battling League, where Trainers fight in Pokémon battles to become the very best.

ASB TL3 Trainer
    W/L: 17-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden Freude View Post
    Cloyster is OU but a little overrated. It would probably like a priority move, like maybe Water Shuriken, in order to address threats like Breloom.
    cloyster dosnt worry about atk threats because of it naturally high defense stat, so mach punch wouldn't really do anything despite being super effective

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 294-346 (74.8 - 88.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cloyster is not a reliable Check or Counter because if both are in at the same time and both use Geomancy/Shell Smash, Cloyster will get one Poison Jab off, won't kill Xerneas and then Xerneas outspeeds and kills it with STAB Fairy Aura Moonblast, but Cloyster DOES have a 25% chance to OHKO with Icicle Spear against Xerneas. That's it.

My 3DS FC: 3067-5353-8848

Picture credits go to: http://amastroph.deviantart.com/

cloyster dosnt worry about atk threats because of it naturally high defense stat, so mach punch wouldn't really do anything despite being super effective
    252 Atk +/-Nature Breloom Mach Punch /w Life Orb at +0 Atk vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Cloyster at +0 Def: 159-187 damage (71.6-84.2%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

What are you talking about?

---------

Anyway, how would the various megaevolutions fare in Ubers? I'm mainly asking this because it looks as if Mega Gengar is definitely getting banned over on Pokemon Online and I get the feeling that some others (ie. Mega Lucario) may share the same fate.
    Last edited by Orithan; 8th November 2013 at 11:04 AM.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    252 Atk +/-Nature Breloom Mach Punch /w Life Orb at +0 Atk vs 4 HP/ 0 Def Cloyster at +0 Def: 159-187 damage (71.6-84.2%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

---------

Anyway, how would the various megaevolutions fare in Ubers? I'm mainly asking this because it looks as if Mega Gengar is definitely getting banned over on Pokemon Online and I get the feeling that some others (ie. Mega Lucario) may share the same fate.
    Some would actually do really well. Mega Kangaskhan serves as a good check to Mewtwo Y with a 90BP Fake Out and Sucker Punch and can take whatever Mewtwo Y throws at it. Mega Blaziken will just keep doing what it does best. Adaptability Luke is going to be absurdly strong when hitting with 240BP CC and 60BP Priority Bullet Punch. Mega Gengar has Shadow Tag and serves as an amazing Revenge killer. MegaZard X can obliterate the tier with just one DDance while MegaZard Y can mow down things with Drought+FireBlast or Solarbeam.

---------

I have doubts that Breloom is surviving a skill link icicle spear.
    Spare Legendaries:

I am also after DW: Adamant: , Adamant:

**Note** Everything above is in relation to Gen V

FC Black 2 - 0949 0114 5333
    Y FC - 4785-5536-1158 (Friend Safari has Ditto, dusparce and Minccino)

---------

Certain MEvos might fare decently in Ubers (the presence of Mega Gengar will make people think twice before spamming Close Combat or Mach Punch), but there's a huge swath of mega evolutions that just aren't worth using up your mega stone for. The only Megas I can see being banned are Gengar and Blaziken, both of which might have merits in Ubers, but just the existence of Mewtwo-Y makes me wonder why you'd use your mega stone on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    I have doubts that Breloom is surviving a skill link icicle spear.

It doesn't need to if it hits it on the switch. Hell, if it Bullet Seeds on the switch that's still a good chance to game it right there (too lazy to calc Techniloom's Bullet Seed VS standard Cloyster).
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 8th November 2013 at 11:25 AM.

~Richard Dawkins

It doesn't need to if it hits it on the switch. Hell, if it Bullet Seeds on the switch that's still a good chance to game it right there (too lazy to calc Techniloom's Bullet Seed VS standard Cloyster).
    252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 288-351 (119 - 145.04%) -- guaranteed OHKO

All it needs is 3 hits.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast