Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Foul Play
    - Substitute
    - Swagger
    - Thunder Wave

With some luck combined with a Pokémon that can handle stall, such as Mega Gengar, Taunt Mega Mewtwo Y or Life Orb Ho-Oh, this Pokémon can be virtually unstoppable.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

AHAHHHAHAAH Klefki. The key literally destroys teams :/
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Champion View Post
    What is your favorite moveset for Klefki? Mine is:

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Foul Play
    - Substitute
    - Swagger
    - Thunder Wave

With some luck combined with a Pokémon that can handle stall, such as Mega Gengar, Taunt Mega Mewtwo Y or Life Orb Ho-Oh, this Pokémon can be virtually unstoppable.
    Its too luck based to be consistent. Also, any Arceus that has Lum Berry defeats it with Earthquake.

Calc: 252+ Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 246-290 (77.6 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

Want to chat? Skype: dragonexpert8323

That's why you set up Klefki by looking for free turns to do so, such as sending it into a Pokémon which cannot threaten it much, preferably those which cannot even break its Substitute in one hit, such as Darkrai, Deoxys-A without Fire Punch, Yveltal without Taunt, support Arceus-Rock, support Arceus-Fairy and support Arceus-Grass. Firing a Swagger against a Pokémon which can easily KO Klefki and hoping to get lucky is something that should be done as a last resort only.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

Klefki is still bad tho...

There are much better Pokes out there than the keyring.

Has anyone tried a mixed Xerneas variant?

Xerneas - Choice Scarf
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 252 Atk / 240 Spd / 16 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
    - Rock Slide
    - Close Combat
    - Moonblast
    - Night Slash/Megahorn

I have been using this set for a few days. Admittedly, I am still more partial to the basic Geo+Power Herb, but this has been a nice change of pace. Rock Slide helps deal with Ho-Oh, Zard, etc. Night Slash and CC take care of Steel types, Gengar, and Chansey/Blissey, when they are switched in to check Xerneas. At first I ran Megahorn over Night Slash because it was a guaranteed OHKO on Mewtwo, but then I was an easy target for every Gengar ever. Tried Ebelt over Scarf as well, but Xern's average speed hurts. Anyway, this set has been pretty solid for me so far. Hoping to work with it more and improve it :]

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    Has anyone tried a mixed Xerneas variant?

Xerneas - Choice Scarf
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 252 Atk / 240 Spd / 16 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
    - Rock Slide
    - Close Combat
    - Moonblast
    - Night Slash/Megahorn

I have been using this set for a few days. Admittedly, I am still more partial to the basic Geo+Power Herb, but this has been a nice change of pace. Rock Slide helps deal with Ho-Oh, Zard, etc. Night Slash and CC take care of Steel types, Gengar, and Chansey/Blissey, when they are switched in to check Xerneas. At first I ran Megahorn over Night Slash because it was a guaranteed OHKO on Mewtwo, but then I was an easy target for every Gengar ever. Tried Ebelt over Scarf as well, but Xern's average speed hurts. Anyway, this set has been pretty solid for me so far. Hoping to work with it more and improve it :]

Spoiler:
    That's a really good set you have there man! I've always liked Choice Scarf Xerneas buttt theres one thing I feel a bit meh about. Like the Night Slash/Megahorn set. I wouldn't use any of those tbh, because Xerneas wouldn't have to be coming in on Gengar anyway. Might as well use something like Hidden Power Fire to deal a chunk of damage to MegaZor or maybe even Aromatherapy to bluff a support set.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Yeah, I thought about HP Fire as well with all the Genes, Scizors, and Ferros around. Probably would be a better option than Night Slash since to OHKO Gengar I need to hit it before it mega evolves. Better to have a different Poke deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Champion View Post
    What is your favorite moveset for Klefki? Mine is:

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Foul Play
    - Substitute
    - Swagger
    - Thunder Wave

Never really had problems with Klefki. Maybe because I usually run Thundurus or Lum Berry Arceus on my team, or maybe because people use it incorrectly? I can't remember the last time I saw a non-lead Klefki.

Most people who use that moveset for Klefki indeed use it incorrectly, as they often do things like leading with Klefki against the opponent's Groudon or Landorus-T lead and using Swagger on them on Turn 1, only to have a 55% chance of getting KO'd right away by a +2 Earthquake, rather than carefully looking for a free turn to set up a Substitute with Klefki before initiating the rampage. Read the official Übers analysis for Klefki, written by myself, in order to learn the optimal way to utilize the Klefki moveset I posted. And here are some replays showing how to use it properly:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-80404515
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-84407011
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-84484085
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86046721
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86075248
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86418459
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86483747
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86654363
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-86768450
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-94214742
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-91164446

Music

Messed around with a Landorus-T set.

Not Groudon (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 248 Spd / 252 Atk / 8 HP
    Adamant / Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Superpower

This Landorus-T is a great revenge killer from my experience, largely thanks to its trolly base speed. Extreme Killer Arceus is OHKOed by Superpower with some prior damage, while Intimidate can prevent ExtremeSpeed from OHKOing Landorus-T. Ho-Oh is taken care of by Stone Edge, Earthquake is, well... Earthquake, while U-turn can help Landorus-T scout and deal heavy damage to Mega Mewtwo Y and the Latis before bringing out a check to those Psychic-types.

Oh yeah, and a Palkia set.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature

- Hydro Pump
    - Spacial Rend
    - Fire Blast
    - Stone Edge

This Palkia is still a very threatening special attacker even with the nerf to weather and thus Kyogre. Fire Blast takes care of Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Genesect and other Steel-types. Oh yeah, and it melts Arceus-Grass. Stone Edge is here to remove that phoenix bird who thinks it can wall Palkia in the sun.

Yang Xue Wu (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunder

Though I have always disliked Choice Scarf Palkia last generation, I think it is a bit more useful in this generation, as while taking up only a single spot in a team, it can serve as a Kyogre counter and be able to outrun and heavily damage Mewtwo, a Pokémon that is far more dangerous in this generation not only because of its two Mega Evolutions, but also because it extremely commonly carries Taunt these days, unlike back in Generation V, making paralyzing it with Thunder Wave using a Pokémon such as Lugia nowhere near as viable an option as before for dealing with Mewtwo. Furthermore, being able to absorb sleep from Darkrai while also possessing the ability to outrun and heavily damage it is also awesome, considering it is another extremely fast offensive threat which Lugia cannot deal with.

For this Palkia, Draco Meteor is preferred over its signature move for its ability to heavily damage Darkrai and Mewtwo, or even outright KO the former in a single hit. Fire Blast is used for this move's incredible coverage, especially when paired with its Same Type Attack Bonus Draco Meteor, and Thunder is to fry Kyogre, and possibly Lugia, Ho-Oh and Yveltal in some desperate situations.

Music

What's the best moveset for Geomancy Xerneas? Right now I'm running Moonblast / Geomancy / Hidden Power (Fire) / Close Combat and using it as a late game clean-up sweeper, but I find it gets forced out quite a lot.

Also just wanted to throw out a few Ubers sets I've been using recently.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
    Naive - Dark Aura
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
    -Sucker Punch
    -Oblivion Wing
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt

Pretty standard mixed Yveltal. Dark Aura Sucker Punch doesn't even need an investment to hurt like hell, and Oblivion Wing is a great STAB that helps him heal off Life Orb recoil. Focus Blast shits on Steels and bulky Normals. For an offensive Pokemon that looks frail on paper he's surprisingly sturdy too.

Arceus @ Pixie Plate
    Modest - Multitype
    248 HP, 252 Defence, 8 Sp. Atk
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Judgement / Moonblast
    -Flamethrower

I'm of the opinion that Arceus-Fairy is arguably the best Arceus for Calm Mind sweeping. Fairy/Fire gets great coverage, only missing out on Heatran and a few uncommon things like Tentacruel. In addition, unlike other Fairies Arceus could truly give a **** about Scizor and to a lesser extent Genesect, as both get roasted by Flamethrower and neither can OHKO (unboosted Scizor can't even 2HKO) with their Steel STABs. Judgement has slightly more power than Moonblast, but Moonblast has that nice Sp. Atk drop chance at the cost of only 5 base power. To be fully honest it will almost never make a difference either way.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 12th April 2014 at 7:37 PM.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

For Geo+Power Herb I always run this

10 (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
    Trait: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Not sure if any one moveset could ever be considered superior over the rest because 4 move syndrome is a pretty notable issue with Geo Xerneas. I mean, there's always something in Ubers that will be a hard counter no matter what you're running on it. That being said, I do believe the HP Fire is a pretty essential move to have on Geo Xern just because of mons like Gene and Ferro.
    Last edited by Chu Chu Jelly; 12th April 2014 at 8:04 PM.
    † I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.†

~RIP User Four-Twenty April 20, 2014-April 20, 2014~

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    What's the best moveset for Geomancy Xerneas? Right now I'm running Moonblast / Geomancy / Hidden Power (Fire) / Close Combat and using it as a late game clean-up sweeper, but I find it gets forced out quite a lot.

Also just wanted to throw out a few Ubers sets I've been using recently.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
    Naive - Dark Aura
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
    -Sucker Punch
    -Oblivion Wing
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt

Pretty standard mixed Yveltal. Dark Aura Sucker Punch doesn't even need an investment to hurt like hell, and Oblivion Wing is a great STAB that helps him heal off Life Orb recoil. Focus Blast shits on Steels and bulky Normals. For an offensive Pokemon that looks frail on paper he's surprisingly sturdy too.

Arceus @ Pixie Plate
    Modest - Multitype
    248 HP, 252 Defence, 8 Sp. Atk
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Judgement / Moonblast
    -Flamethrower

I'm of the opinion that Arceus-Fairy is arguably the best Arceus for Calm Mind sweeping. Fairy/Fire gets great coverage, only missing out on Heatran and a few uncommon things like Tentacruel. In addition, unlike other Fairies Arceus could truly give a **** about Scizor and to a lesser extent Genesect, as both get roasted by Flamethrower and neither can OHKO (unboosted Scizor can't even 2HKO) with their Steel STABs. Judgement has slightly more power than Moonblast, but Moonblast has that nice Sp. Atk drop chance at the cost of only 5 base power. To be fully honest it will almost never make a difference either way.
    Erm since when can Arceus learn moonblast?

It doesn't (as far as I can tell). But like he said it wouldn't make a difference anyway there's only a 5 base power difference.
    † I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.†

~RIP User Four-Twenty April 20, 2014-April 20, 2014~

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    It doesn't (as far as I can tell). But like he said it wouldn't make a difference anyway there's only a 5 base power difference.
    The special attack drop is huge though.

And @Divine Retribution, I wouldn't be running CC. It's just not worth attempting to beat the pink blobs. Might as well pair up Xern with a powerful physical attacker. And what do you mean by "forced out"? Geomancy Xern is very, very hard to put pressure on. Do you mean phazed, as in Lugia?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

So I figure if I'm playing in Ubers, I should be using my favorite Pokemon at all times. And this is what I've been using lately.

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
    Ability: Not Aerilate Air Lock
    Adamant Nature
    252 Att / 4 SpDef / 252 Speed
    - Outrage
    - V-create
    - Extreme Speed
    - Earthquake / Dragon Claw/ filler

So yeah, Swords Dance and Dragon Dance aren't the only things that work for Rayquaza. I'm loving this Choice Band set. Typically works only as a wallbreaker because of Adamant and the lack of DD, though. Outrage is stupid strong and still usable even with Fairies around, it's just no longer spammable. Anything else not named Heatran dies to V-create, and Extreme Speed is a deceptively powerful move that allows it to function as a revenge killer of sorts. Last move is filler/coverage, but I usually use Earthquake if I feel the need to beat Heatran, or Iron Head if I'm lazy and want to hit Fairies without the worry of stat drops or something.

This set pairs extremely well with BP [Mega] Blaziken, since that speed boost can potentially turn Rayquaza into an "I win" button late-game, and Rayquaza's Water resistance and Ground immunity makes passing any boosts a bit easier. You also wouldn't typically Ice Beam a Blaziken. And as usual, Rayquaza loves his Stealth Rock, since it allows him to OHKO Xerneas on the switch with V-create, assuming Adamant on Rayquaza and no defensive investment for Xerneas.

Rayquaza has undoubtedly fallen a bit in the shift to 6th Gen, since he literally gained nothing in the generation shift other than a weakness to Fairy, but he's still a devastatingly powerful Pokemon. Existence of Fairies doesn't suddenly make him bad, and he's still got a sweet movepool to work with. He requires a bit of support to work at his best, but I'm loving Choice Band Rayquaza at the moment.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Hmmmmm CB Ray!

That's actually pretty interesting. You might also want to pair it with something like a Scizor because CB Ray doesn't quite work when the opponent has a Xerneas. V-Create could patch that up a little though. Also, I would go EQ on the last move, because Heatran is ridiculously annoying. But yeah, it does seem pretty scary with the right support *~*
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Hmmmmm CB Ray!

That's actually pretty interesting. You might also want to pair it with something like a Scizor because CB Ray doesn't quite work when the opponent has a Xerneas. V-Create could patch that up a little though. Also, I would go EQ on the last move, because Heatran is ridiculously annoying. But yeah, it does seem pretty scary with the right support *~*
    Yeah, banded Rayquaza plays a bit off of his unpredictability, since people often expect a SD/DD set and end up just eating a +1 V-create or Extreme Speed. Phazers are common switch-ins, and this set doesn't exactly mind being phazed out. I pair it with physically based Scarf Genesect for Xerneas, but I hadn't considered Scizor. Scizor would definitely work, given that he could provide Defog support. I'd actually been using Iron Head for Xerneas until recently when I realized V-create outdamages a super effective Iron Head, and that V-create is a guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock provided I can predict the switch. I guess that's another testament to how good V-create is.

252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 374-441 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I've been experimenting with that last slot, and now that I've realized Iron Head isn't worth it, Earthquake seems to be the sole stand-out choice. Although Heatran isn't something I tend to run into, you can never go wrong with Earthquake for safe hits. I mean, I've got options like Stone Edge for Ho-oh and Thunder Wave for the laughs, but Earthquake is Earthquake. The need for a bit of support kind of hurts him in terms of viability rankings, but it's a small price to pay. Now if OR/AS can give me my Aerilate Rayquaza
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Can anyone tell me why the hell Heatran isn't a Uber? It's immune to Toxic and Will-o-Wisp, it has two immunities, a lot of resistances and really good defenses. And don't say "it's weak to Earthquake, the most popular move ever." There's the Air Balloon and the fact that it can team up with Dragons. And I forgot to mention the fact that Lava Plume has a +50% chance of burn when Hax comes into play. Also, (this goes for all legendaries) there is NO WAY for someone to obtain a 6IV Heatran without hacks or mods.
    4527-8956-9002

Master League Bug Gym Leader
    Trinity League Bug Gym Leader
    Pokegyms Fire Gym Leader
    The White Shadow League Dark Elite 4
    Shadow Stars League Flying Gym Leader
    The Eternian Forces Conjurer and War Team Member

Credit: Broomstig / Northern Lights / Azulart / FairyWitch (Badges)
    Astral Shadow (Espeon Avatar and this)

Quote Originally Posted by xDIRCIOx View Post
    Can anyone tell me why the hell Heatran isn't a Uber? It's immune to Toxic and Will-o-Wisp, it has two immunities, a lot of resistances and really good defenses. And don't say "it's weak to Earthquake, the most popular move ever." There's the Air Balloon and the fact that it can team up with Dragons. And I forgot to mention the fact that Lava Plume has a +50% chance of burn when Hax comes into play. Also, (this goes for all legendaries) there is NO WAY for someone to obtain a 6IV Heatran without hacks or mods.
    Because it's slow and is 4x weak to the most common attacking type. Don't turn into a guy I found out about by lurking in the previous Pokémon of the Week threads. Go there because any and all things you need to know are there.

Heatran is not OP and never will be. He's not hard to beat if you're a smart player or have a Ground or Water Type on your team.

Also Lava Plume is a 30% chance, not 50.

Edit: www. serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?630179-Community-POTW-027&p=17127310#post17127310

Jesusfreak, Cloneblazer, KillerDraco, and The Imposter explain everything you need to know. (Remove the space after the 3 w's since I can't post links as a new member)
    Last edited by Fishlover43; 2nd June 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xDIRCIOx View Post
    It's buky and strong, yes, but it also has very middling speed and weaknesses to some of the most common attacking types. Lack of reliable recovery means it can't perform its duty of walling certain special attackers as well as it possibly could. Air Balloon sucks.

Basically, while Heatran is good, it doesn't require people to put a specific counter to it on their team to have a chance at winning.
    did you think I'd post something here or something

wait I just did gdi

I meant that Heatran burnt three of my Pokemon in a row, while, mathematically, only one of them should've been burnt...

But thanks.
    4527-8956-9002

Master League Bug Gym Leader
    Trinity League Bug Gym Leader
    Pokegyms Fire Gym Leader
    The White Shadow League Dark Elite 4
    Shadow Stars League Flying Gym Leader
    The Eternian Forces Conjurer and War Team Member

Credit: Broomstig / Northern Lights / Azulart / FairyWitch (Badges)
    Astral Shadow (Espeon Avatar and this)

So because a Pokémon haxed you one time, it should be Ubers?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast