Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uber Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Only remotely common Poison type in Ubers is Arceus-Poison though.
    Diagla carrying flash cannon could be a threat also. (It would take neutral damage from Xerneas fairy attacks and would hit back with 80BP steel move coming off base 150 special attack)
    Spare Legendaries:

I am also after DW: Adamant: , Adamant:

**Note** Everything above is in relation to Gen V

FC Black 2 - 0949 0114 5333
    Y FC - 4785-5536-1158 (Friend Safari has Ditto, dusparce and Minccino)

Kind of weak.

Dialga needs some sort of steel type overheat move for it to be a true threat to +2 xerneas.

Certain MEvos might fare decently in Ubers (the presence of Mega Gengar will make people think twice before spamming Close Combat or Mach Punch), but there's a huge swath of mega evolutions that just aren't worth using up your mega stone for. The only Megas I can see being banned are Gengar and Blaziken, both of which might have merits in Ubers, but just the existence of Mewtwo-Y makes me wonder why you'd use your mega stone on anything else.
    Mega Mewtwo-Y actually doesn't hit as hard as Life Orb regular Mewtwo, even with its increased SAtk stat, plus its lesser defense stat makes it more susceptible to priority. Mega Mewtwo-X is where its at (although Mega-Scizor is still better imo).

How do you guys feel about more obscure support Arceus formes from 5th gen, like Rockceus and Waterceus, in 6th gen?

Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    I have doubts that Breloom is surviving a skill link icicle spear.
    It won't, but the all that proves is that Breloom has trouble switching in on Cloyster. Breloom will utterly destroy it if it comes in to revenge it after Shell Smash or comes in as it smashes.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Kind of weak.

Dialga needs some sort of steel type overheat move for it to be a true threat to +2 xerneas.
    METAL BURSTTTTTT :3

And yea IMO Mega Mewtwo Y is pretty bad compared to standard Psycho Killer

Now, what do you guys think of Yveltal? It's been quite overshadowed because of Xerneas but has great potential, with access to Taunt and Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch OHKOes standard mewtwo btw with no investment into attack. its pretty neat
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

My favorite moveset for Yveltal:

Punishment (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 16 HP / 240 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Disable
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Substitute

An extremely annoying Pokémon to face, especially if one is using Pokémon with Choice items.
    Last edited by Ultimate Champion; 9th November 2013 at 4:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Champion View Post
    My favorite moveset for Yveltal:

Punishment (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Disable
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Substitute

An extremely annoying Pokémon to face, especially if one is using Pokémon with Choice items.
    If you're going the Sub+Disable route, wouldn't Leftovers be a better choice? Seems like between Life Orb recoil and Substitute, it'd be prone to wearing itself down... unless you're passing it Wishes or something.

Then again, not like I'm an expert but it's just a thought
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    If you're going the Sub+Disable route, wouldn't Leftovers be a better choice? Seems like between Life Orb recoil and Substitute, it'd be prone to wearing itself down... unless you're passing it Wishes or something.

More importantly, why Jolly + 240 Attack when Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing are both special moves?
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

More importantly, why Jolly + 240 Attack when Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing are both special moves?
    seems counter-intuitive, best if it was timid and 240 Sp Atk
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    seems counter-intuitive, best if it was timid and 240 Sp Atk
    I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what he meant. Either way, Leftovers (or even a Sharp Beak) would probably be better on a SubDisable set.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Oops. Yeah, it should be Timid and its Attack EVs should be in Special Attack. Don't know how I made that mistake...

Life Orb is for more power, as Yveltal's attacks aren't that strong. Life Orb recoil is negated by Oblivion Wing's secondary effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I think the elephant in the room is Kyogre. Here we are talking about Xerneas when the biggest question is about Kyogre's impact in the metagame.

With Drizzle's nerf, I don't know whether this will affect Kyogre or not. It makes defensive Rain-based strategies less viable (RestTalk Kyogre). On the other hand, Water Spout Kyogre is still monstrous.

What's everyone's opinion on Kyogre's future in XY Ubers?
    I actually don't think RestTalk is in a lot of jeopardy seeing as the sleep mechanics have reverted back to Gen 4 with the sleep counter no longer resetting. I think stall teams based around kyogre might see some hurt. But from what I've seen, weather teams are borrowing from trick room teams by having more than one setter of weather.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

what about Mild/Hasty that way your not losing power on Sucker Punch which gives him a good priority attack as his attack stats are nothing to sneeze at.
    Spare Legendaries:

GeoPH Xerneas is really overrated in my opinion, I think it doesn't hit hard enough at +2 without that Life Orb boost. Specs Xerneas is way better.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 9th November 2013 at 6:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    GeoPH Xerneas is really overrated in my opinion, I think it doesn't hit hard enough at +2 without that Life Orb boost. Specs Xerneas is way better.
    I`m trying to wrap my mind around this, it doesnt hit hard enough at +2, so you use it with half the speed, sp def, and at +1. It doesn't make logical sense to me at all.

The biggest problem I see using geomancy herb xerneas is that its a one shot deal, force it out after it boosts, its basically done for the game, which makes long term planning a must for it with threats like scizor, aegislash and arceus. Because of this, I could see magnezone being a decent partner, or putting it on a volt turn team to slowly wear down said threats and create an opening to drop xerneas in.

So, Manaphy finally drops out of Ubers? Well that is a relief that he's finally OU. Hopefully he doesn't return to that tier (looking at the very bulky Fairies). It's a wish finally come true to me. I had enough of Ubers.

Now it Makes me wonder as how Grass Arceus would now work as a Weather Check to Kyogre and Groudon with the weather nerf. Maybe it's viability maybe less. But it kinda stays the same since it still can't take much of kyogre's/Groudon's Super effective attacks so well even if it's out of the rain/sun.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Xerneas is only uber because of geomancy... its just a broken quiver dance is all
    Yvletal is uber because of oblivion wing absorbs more hp than the grass absorbing moves... and the invention of the item big root in 4th gen could really make someone rage quit

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    Xerneas is only uber because of geomancy... its just a broken quiver dance is all
    Yvletal is uber because of oblivion wing absorbs more hp than the grass absorbing moves... and the invention of the item big root in 4th gen could really make someone rage quit
    I was sure they were uber based on BST. Both have a BST of 680

I mean this is same total such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Resharim, Zekrom, Kyurem-W
    Spare Legendaries:

I mean this is same total such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Resharim, Zekrom, Kyurem-W
    you don't have any idea of how many xerneas and yveltal I've ohko'd with my skill link shell smash cloyster... all I need to use is poison jab and icicle spear. I lmao because everyone thinks that they are OP with full teams of legendaries (including mewtwo and legendary bird) and its even funnier when I sweep them with icicle spear, rock blast, and poison jab... may I remind you that slaking has a BST of 670 but he isn't uber, there are strategies to get around its ability truant (skill swap, entrainment, worry seed, etc)

Mega Mewtwo (both X and Y) is sure to be a huge threat this gen. Mega Mewtwo Y getting the highest base special attack stat in the game with 194. Mega Mewtwo X getting STAB aura Sphere is pretty powerful too.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Regigigas says hi.

Xerneas is Uber because after a Geomancy he gives no ****s about the rest of the metagame.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Timid - Fairy Aura
    124 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 132 HP
    -Geomancy
    -Moonblast
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Flash Cannon

Geomancy and Moonblast are pretty self-evident. Hidden Power (Fire) and Flash Cannon are my choice of coverage moves. Flash Cannon gives him half a shot against other Xerneas, and Hidden Power (Fire) lets him lure and destroy Scizor and friends. He's completely walled by Heatran, but at +2 even Specs Flash Cannon doesn't do a hell of a lot, so there's not much Heatran can do in return other than Toxic or Roar. In fact you could probably just spam Moonblast and beat it. Other Fire types are a problem, but I usually pair him with Giratina or a Heatran of my own, and that usually solves the problem.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 10th November 2013 at 10:23 AM.

~Richard Dawkins

I admit, the reason I actually like xerneas is because of geomancy... one or two uses and prepare to sweep

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    I admit, the reason I actually like xerneas is because of geomancy... one or two uses and prepare to sweep
    You'll rarely if ever get two uses, though. One Geomancy can be almost guaranteed due to Power Herb, but given that it's consumable, you'll have to wait out the full two turns in order to get off a second Geomancy. Heck, in the time spent trying to set up a Geomancy, they'll probably already have Mega Scizor or something out and ready to rip Xerneas to shreds or force it out.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

You'll rarely if ever get two uses, though. One Geomancy can be almost guaranteed due to Power Herb, but given that it's consumable, you'll have to wait out the full two turns in order to get off a second Geomancy. Heck, in the time spent trying to set up a Geomancy, they'll probably already have Mega Scizor or something out and ready to rip Xerneas to shreds or force it out.
    I hate how every great move comes at a cost

Regigigas says hi.

Xerneas is Uber because after a Geomancy he gives no ****s about the rest of the metagame.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Timid - Fairy Aura
    124 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 132 HP
    -Geomancy
    -Moonblast
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Flash Cannon

Geomancy and Moonblast are pretty self-evident. Hidden Power (Fire) and Flash Cannon are my choice of coverage moves. Flash Cannon gives him half a shot against other Xerneas, and Hidden Power (Fire) lets him lure and destroy Scizor and friends. He's completely walled by Heatran, but at +2 even Specs Flash Cannon doesn't do a hell of a lot, so there's not much Heatran can do in return other than Toxic or Roar. In fact you could probably just spam Moonblast and beat it. Other Fire types are a problem, but I usually pair him with Giratina or a Heatran of my own, and that usually solves the problem.
    I'd use Focus Blast and Thunder over Hidden Power [Fire] and Flash Cannon to prevent Xerneas from being stopped by Ho-Oh, Lugia (assuming Stealth Rock is up), Heatran, Tentacruel and Arceus-Steel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast