Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

Default Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

As it says on the tin, create and/or change anything regarding competitive pokemon in Generation VI.

I should say that one basic rule applies:
    Make the additions/changes logical. Don't just slap Tail Glow on Gardevior for example.

And to start things off:

[hr]
    New item

Assault Plate:

Flavour text: "An item to be held by a Pokémon. This offensive plate raises Defense but prevents the use of status moves."

In-Depth effect: Raises the Defense stat of the holder by 50% (aka +1 increase) but requires the Pokémon to only use damaging attacks.

Comments: A physical counterpart to the Assault vest. 'nuff said.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Assault Plate would be WAY too useful... especially with Mons like Azumarill running around and a generally large population of bulky, strong, pokemon like Skarmory and Furfrou...

My additions:

Delphox learns Fling. (That's it.) Makes sense, because IT HAS HANDS.

Raticite: Mega evolves Raticate into a Ghost/Normal pokemon with Scrappy. Bonus Stats: +0/+30/+20/+0/+20/+30. Yes, Ghost Normal, immune to Normal, Fighting, Ghost. Weak to Dark. Resist Poison and Bug. I feel Ghost is very powerful in this gen (Gengar... Aegislash...) and this guy would be a really useful check, but not completely broken because Raticate doesn't have the greatest move set over all, and because he gets hit neutrally by so many other things.
    Wi-Fi/OU Battle Team:
    Normal Gym Team:

Friend Code: 1177-6965-7514

I'll create this new ability for Arceus.

Holy Shield - My name for his movie ability.

When the opponent uses an attack, change arceus to the type of the attack before it hits. Arceus is immune to damage and effects from moves with the same type as arceus. This ability cannot be negated or swapped.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 13th November 2013 at 7:53 PM.

Mega Slaking
    Ability: Enragement
    when hit with a sound move, its attack will skyrocket (+6)

this can easily be OP if you have a pokemon teamed up with it that has sonicboom (I can tell you know where im going with this)

New hold item.

Battle Armour
    Flavour text: "A heavy suit of armour that increases the holders Sp. Def and Defence, while cutting its attacks' damage in half."
    Effect: Increases Sp. Def and Defence like an eviolite, but causes all the user's attacks to do half damage. This includes attacks with set damage like Seismic Toss, so you can't get around it by giving it to your Blissey.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

I'd tweak Magician so that it CAN steal items on the same turn a consumable item (gem/herb) was used. (As far as I know this isn't the case, so a promising albeit gimmicky ability is nearly worthless >_>)
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

Some new Mega Evolutions of some of my pokemon from the old thread:

-------

Mega Ferrant:

Item required: Ferranite

Type: Normal/Steel

Ability Rock Head

Base stats:
    • HP: 90 (+/- 0)
    • Attack: 150 (+ 20)
    • Defense: 130 (+40)
    • Special Attack: 40 (+/- 0)
    • Special Defense: 80 (+ 30)
    • Speed: 110 (+ 10)
    • BST: 600 (+ 100)

Comments: Ferrant is back, stronger than ever! At first glance, this looks to be more ridiculously powerful than regular Ferrant, but it lacks two crucial elements that makes the original so deadly: Reckless and ability to hold items. CB Ferrant has nearly twice the power as Mega Ferrant. Instead, Mega Ferrant trades brute force for a considerable increase in survivability which is obvious as its defenses recieve bigger buffs than its offenses and it gains an immunity to recoil through Rock Head.

--------

Mega Shepmite:

Item required: Shepite

Type: Fire/Steel

Ability: Quick Shield

Base Stats:
    • HP: 85 (+/- 0)
    • Attack: 130 (+ 31)
    • Defense: 96 (+ 18)
    • Special Attack: 108 (+ 19)
    • Special Defense: 96 (+ 20)
    • Speed: 115 (+ 12)
    • BST: 630 (+ 100)

Comments: Since the Kanto starters have Mega Evolutions, surely my starters (and the rest of them for that matter) should get them. Quick Shield makes it much less vulnerable to priority, which is a valuable asset in this metagame.

-------

New ability:

Quick Shield:

Flavour text: "Reduces damage taken from attacks that always strike first"

In-depth effect: Halves any damage taken from attacks with +1 or greater priority (including Quick Claw priority, Gale Wing priority, etc).

Notable users: Electrode, Lucario (normal), Durant, Crygonal, Mega Shepmite.

Comments: A useful ability to combat the priority running around in this metagame. And before you say anything, Crygonal will still be useless even with it.
    Last edited by Orithan; 14th November 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:

BRB CONTACTING WISHING STAR

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    Mega Slaking
    Ability: Enragement
    when hit with a sound move, its attack will skyrocket (+6)

this can easily be OP if you have a pokemon teamed up with it that has sonicboom (I can tell you know where im going with this)
    I'm saying no to this one. The only immediate +6 are Belly Drum and Anger Point. Belly Drum is a risky tactics because you're pretty much half-dead from it, while Anger Point is another one because you're taking extra damage. Speaking of which, crits are usually rare generally so that gives it a decent drawback. This.. it's just different. Despite the fact that with the exception of Bug Buzz, attack sound moves are rare, balance-wise in-game (yes I doubt GF actually cares about comp) is just too broken.

BECAUSE MEGA STONE, YOU'RE WORTH IT.

Mega Wormadam
    Type: Bug/Grass
    Item Required: Wormadite
    Ability: Protean

HP: 60
    Attack: 59 -> 69 (+10)
    Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
    Special Attack: 79 -> 129 (+50)
    Special Defense: 105 -> 135 (+30)
    Speed: 36 -> 26 (-10)
    BTS: 424 -> 524 (+100)

Mega Wormadam-G
    Type: Bug/Ground
    Ability: Sand Stream

Attack: 79 -> 129 (+50)
    Defense: 105 -> 135 (+30)
    Special Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
    Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)

Mega Wormadam-S
    Type: Bug/Steel
    Ability: Filter

Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
    Defense: 95 -> 140 (+45)
    Special Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
    Special Defense: 95 -> 140 (+45)

WE NEED WORMADAM-MEGAS NOW. REVOLUTION AHHHH.

What do you guys think if Wormadam really got a Mega-Evo along these lines. Protean Wormadam Grass vs Sand Stream Wormadam Sand vs Bulky *** Filter Wormadam Steel.

Man GF needs more love for Wormadam.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

You know, I just want them to flesh out all the type combinations... Some Noteable ones:
    Normal/Ghost: Kind of OP, but on the right move set, etc, lots of fun.
    Fighting/Dragon: Raptor Pokemon, catchable only in Tall Grass Hoards. (Lol, but for serious)
    Pure Flying: As a non-legendary. (Perhaps an Eevee evolution as some kind of Tornado looking thing, Breezeon lets call it, with a similar spread to Jolteon, but Att instead of Sp. Att, give it Mega Pincer's ability too...)
    Normal Legendary that's useable: Jackalope pokemon. You could put Plates on it that ADD a type to it (IE: Normal/Plate type), and an attack move similar to Arceaus', but it would be dual typed like Hawlucha's signature move (Thus nerfing the Ghost/Normal combo...)
    Fire/Electric: The Firestrom Pokemon. Has Levitate, awesome Speed and Sp. Attack, crap Defences.
    Wi-Fi/OU Battle Team:
    Normal Gym Team:

If Mewtwo has it's hidden ability, it'll have new abilities when it mega evolves.
    If it Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y, it has Magic Guard instead of Insomnia.
    Mega Mewtwo X now has Sheer Force.

It really sucks for a mega evolution to be overshadowed by it's non-mega counterpart, so I decided Mewtwo Y needed a better niche than +10 speed.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Mega Mewtwo Y: Take 40 points off its Attack stat and put them into Speed.

Mega Azumarill
    Ability: GG - Upon Mega Evolving, you win the match.

Seriously though... how about a Speed Boost light? There are a lot of potentially good sweepers held back by a mediocre Speed stat, but handing out Speed Boost like candy would seriously unbalance things, so I give you:

Momentum - Speed rises (+1) when you knock out an opponent.

Maybe an update to Own Tempo...

Own Tempo - Prevents the Pokemon from being confused. While in battle, all attacks (everybody) lose positive Priority.

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1031-4570

Mega Blissey
    Type: Fairy
    Evolve using Blissite
    Ability: Placentation- If the Pokemon hatched from an egg, it recovers a small amount of HP every turn/ if the Pokemon is holding a Lucky Egg, it recovers HP every turn
    Automatically replaces first-slot move with new signature move- Love Spirit: All of the opposing Male Pokemon become infatuated (accuracy-80, PP-5)

Mega Magnezone
    Type: Electric/Steel
    Evolve using Magnezite
    Ability: Compass Needle: This Pokemon cannot be switched out by force. (Magnet Pull neutralizes this ability)/Electric- and Steel-type moves are powered up but the Pokemon can only strike directly in front in Double- and Triple-battles
    Stats- 80|50|140|170|90|80 (610 total)
    Change- +10|-20|+25|+40|0|+20 (+75 total)
    Last edited by Xer-arrowtotheknee-us; 15th November 2013 at 7:11 AM.

3DS FC: 3480 3588 2591

Visit my Trade Shop!

ALL HAIL TOXIC ORB GLISCOR!

Moar megas:

------

Mega Zygarde (X and Y):

Item required: Zygardite X (Mega Zygarde X), Zygardite Y (Mega Zygarde Y)

Type: Dragon/Fairy (Mega Zygarde X), Dragon/Dark (Mega Zygarde Y)

Ability: Fairy Aura (Mega Zygarde X), Dark Aura (Mega Zygarde Y)

Base stats: (both evolutions)
    • HP: 108 (+/- 0)
    • Attack: 111 (+11)
    • Defense: 135 (+ 14)
    • Special Attack: 111 (+25)
    • Special Defense: 135 (+ 40)
    • Speed: 105 (+ 10)
    • BST: 700 (+ 100)

Comments: If you took a good look at Zygarde and then normal Kyurem, you will notice a lot of similarities between them. One of these is the BST: Both have a BST lower than the other pokemon in their trios (Reshiram and Zekrom, Xerneas and Yveltal). Additionally, Black/White Kyurem have 700 BST and Zygarde has BST of 600. Since mega evolutions typically add 100 BST to a pokemon, this makes Zygarde a perfect candidate for a mega evolution and that is what I speculate is going to happen to Zygarde in Pokemon Z, alongside a couple of signature moves that would possibly replace Land's Wraith for the evolutions as well as movepool increases to include stuff like Iron Tail to wreck Xerneas with.

-------------

Mega Laghenis:

Item required: Laghenite

Type: Grass/Light.

Ability Restorer

Base stats
    • HP: 92
    • Attack: 69 (+/- 0)
    • Defense: 120 (+ 27)
    • Special Attack: 105 (+ 15)
    • Special Defense: 140 (+ 40)
    • Speed: 104 (+ 18)
    • BST: 630 (+ 100)

Comments: Laghenis (from my old thread) now has a mega evolution with a big increase in bulk. In case you haven't seen it, Restorer multiplies any healing amount on the user by 1.25x

-----------

Updated ability: Justified

Old effect: User gains +1 Attack when hit by a Dark-type move.

New effect: Same as above plus absorbing the Dark-type move.

Comments: Justified, why don't you absorb like your friends in Lightningrod and Storm Drain?
    Last edited by Orithan; 15th November 2013 at 2:02 PM.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

I am not that good at creating anything outside of pokemon ideas really.

I would say, since we got an assault vest for Special D, why not a flak vest for regular Defense? Imagine putting one of those on say Ferrothorn, and you can just build on Attack and Special D and go wild.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

MegaMusharna
    Psychic/Fairy
    Sweet Dreams (Automatically restores a small amount of HP each turn. Auto Leftovers basically.)
    116/25/145/137/145/19

Musharna now gets Moonblast by level up, and Wish by Egg move.

---

Moxie also raises both Atk and SpAtk when you KO a foe. So Pyroar can actually make use of it. >_> While were at it, lets raise Pyroar's Atk so it's the same as it's Special Attack, and add Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, and Agility to it's movepool.

Delphox gets Aura Sphere as an Egg Move. Greninja learns Nasty Plot and Rapid Spin for lulz.

MegaGardevoir has 85 Defense and 65 Attack.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 16th November 2013 at 1:24 PM.

Give Ampharos Tail Glow. I mean, it has a glowing tail. This only makes sense, and with the new mega form and dragon pulse it will be so much better and actually be considered for a team slot.

Take ten points from MegaDos's special defense and ten from its special attack and put them into its speed to give it a use over regular gyarados.

Buff land's wrath to 140 BP and make it like Boomburst. Zygarde is now that much better and has a use for its signature move.

Just a few thoughts.

How about an ability that remvoes entry hazards when a Pokemon switches in, and (maybe) prevents them while he's in. The pokemon wouldn't be able to stall though, crap Defences and HP.

and/or

Let the move tutor teach Rapid Spin to as many Pokemon as he can teach Stealth Rock, as opposed to only teaching SR and not Spin.
    Wi-Fi/OU Battle Team:
    Normal Gym Team:

Mega Unown - All of the unown forms come together and function as one pokemon. After all,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge.
    48/52/130/180/130/48
    BST:588
    Ability: Odd Power - Hidden Power becomes the type that will do the highest amount of damage to the target.

So, let's say that it's facing against a Dragonite. It's hidden power type will become ice type, fire if it's facing scizor, rock if it's facing Charizard, ect.

If it's facing Kirlia, then the attack becomes poison, ghost, or steel type at random.

When facing Makuhita, it will be guaranteed to be psychic type, as this takes STAB into account.

Hidden Power's type is decided at the beginning of the turn, just before swapping out. That means if you're facing a Mega Unown with Scizor, and you swap out for Rotom-W, it'll still hit with a fire type attack.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Default Ability Modification: Suction Cups

One thing I'd change is for Suction Cups to clear the field of Entry hazards and clear allies of the effects of Leech Seed.
    However, if they're suction cups than they must damage the wielder of the ability before being cleared.
    Here's the change:

Suction Cups:
    Text: Negates moves that force switching out and eliminates the field of moves such as Spikes, Stealth Rock, etc., but user takes final damage from them.
    In-Depth Effect: If a Pokémon enters the battle with this ability it cannot be switched out by moves such as Dragon Tail or Whirlwind. It will pull all entry hazards towards it and take damage from them. It can also free an ally from the effects of Leech Seed in a Double or Triple Battle.

Basically, the use of Rapid Spin is not possible with the ability's users, so this provides a good threat for the likes of Ferrothorn or Skarmory.

How so? Ferrothorn and Skarmory are just two of the many Hazard Supports that can only be eliminated by the likes of Special Fire users.
    In hypothesis, if any of these two manage to escape after setting up a hazard, and then are sent back out, Flamethrower-user Octillery (holding an Assault Vest may be safe) can clear the hazard and take damage, and do considerable damage.

It would need some testing and calculations to make a set statement for a modified Suction Cups, so just see this as a hypothesis.

Default Mega Evolutions for Kalos starters

Mega Chesnaught
    Type: Grass/Fighting
    Ability: Spiked Armor (combination of Bulletproof+Iron Barbs)
    Stats:
    HP: 88 (+0)
    Attack: 141 (+35)
    Defense: 162 (+40)
    Special Attack: 84 (+10)
    Special Defense: 105 (+30)
    Speed: 44 (-20)

A general improvement onto everything Chesnaught does while still giving normal form a niche of higher speed.

Mega Delphox
    Type: Fire/Fairy
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Stats:
    HP: 75 (+0)
    Attack: 74 (+5)
    Defense: 82 (+10)
    Special Attack: 149 (+35)
    Special Defense: 120 (+20)
    Speed: 134 (+30)
    Movepool additions: Moonblast

A major improvement upon regular Delphox. Only use normal form if you hate the Poison weakness. USE IT. Beats Mega Gengar and Fire Blasts it to bits.

Mega Greninja
    Type: Water/Dark
    Ability: Unpredictable (Protean+Adaptability)
    Stats:
    HP: 72 (+0)
    Attack: 110 (+15)
    Defense: 82 (+15)
    Special Attack: 138 (+35)
    Special Defense: 76 (+5)
    Speed: 152 (+30)

Greninja on steroids. Protean and Adaptability combined is crazy. Outspeeding Mega Alakazam is a major plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    One thing I'd change is for Suction Cups to clear the field of Entry hazards and clear allies of the effects of Leech Seed.
    However, if they're suction cups than they must damage the wielder of the ability before being cleared.
    Here's the change:

Suction Cups:
    Text: Negates moves that force switching out and eliminates the field of moves such as Spikes, Stealth Rock, etc., but user takes final damage from them.
    In-Depth Effect: If a Pokémon enters the battle with this ability it cannot be switched out by moves such as Dragon Tail or Whirlwind. It will pull all entry hazards towards it and take damage from them. It can also free an ally from the effects of Leech Seed in a Double or Triple Battle.

Basically, the use of Rapid Spin is not possible with the ability's users, so this provides a good threat for the likes of Ferrothorn or Skarmory.

How so? Ferrothorn and Skarmory are just two of the many Hazard Supports that can only be eliminated by the likes of Special Fire users.
    In hypothesis, if any of these two manage to escape after setting up a hazard, and then are sent back out, Flamethrower-user Octillery (holding an Assault Vest may be safe) can clear the hazard and take damage, and do considerable damage.

It would need some testing and calculations to make a set statement for a modified Suction Cups, so just see this as a hypothesis.
    Calcs for Octillery vs Skarmory:
    252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/36 SpD +/- Nature (Physically Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 241-284 (73-87%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/252 SpD +Nature (Specially Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 187-220 (57-67%), Guaranteed 2HKO.

I'm not even going to calculate on Ferrothorn...

Sounds pretty promising, considering Octillery can run Life Orb over Assault Vest to OHKO Physically Defensive Skarmory.

The modified Suction Cups I will have to say is alright, if a bit tacked on.

-----------------

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Mega Chesnaught
    Type: Grass/Fighting
    Ability: Spiked Armor (combination of Bulletproof+Iron Barbs)
    Stats:
    HP: 88 (+0)
    Attack: 141 (+35)
    Defense: 162 (+40)
    Special Attack: 84 (+10)
    Special Defense: 105 (+30)
    Speed: 44 (-20)

A general improvement onto everything Chesnaught does while still giving normal form a niche of higher speed.
    Spiked Armor is too strong. Immunity to several common moves, namely Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball coupled with passive damage to anything that comes into physical contact is just too powerful. Take one ability or another, both are really good as they are (with Bulletproof arguably being the better of the two). Also, since Mega Evolutions generally add 100 to the pokemon's BST, Mega Chesnaught could stand to get another 5 points added into one of its stats.

Mega Delphox
    Type: Fire/Fairy
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Stats:
    Attack: 74 (+5)
    Defense: 82 (+10)
    Special Attack: 149 (+35)
    Special Defense: 120 (+20)
    Speed: 134 (+30)
    Movepool additions: Moonblast

A major improvement upon regular Delphox. Only use normal form if you hate the Poison weakness. USE IT. Beats Mega Gengar and Fire Blasts it to bits.
    Its fine, but it could do with a little bit more Special Attack. Just remember, Life Orb Delphox out-damages Mega Delphox on its Fire STAB.

Mega Greninja
    Type: Water/Dark
    Ability: Unpredictable (Protean+Adaptability)
    Stats:
    HP: 72 (+0)
    Attack: 110 (+15)
    Defense: 82 (+15)
    Special Attack: 138 (+35)
    Special Defense: 76 (+5)
    Speed: 152 (+30)

Greninja on steroids. Protean and Adaptability combined is crazy. Outspeeding Mega Alakazam is a major plus.
    Unpredictable is broken. Every move always getting the Adaptability STAB is far too powerful to not pass up. It would get banned very quickly, considering Mega Greninja gets 138 Special Attack. Regular Protean is fine
    Last edited by Orithan; 17th November 2013 at 1:44 AM. Reason: Replying to another post.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Calcs for Octillery vs Skarmory:
    252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/36 SpD +/- Nature (Physically Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 241-284 (73-87%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/252 SpD +Nature (Specially Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 187-220 (57-67%), Guaranteed 2HKO.

I'm not even going to calculate on Ferrothorn...

Sounds pretty promising, considering Octillery can run Life Orb over Assault Vest to OHKO Physically Defensive Skarmory.

The modified Suction Cups I will have to say is a bit strong, but considering its limited distribution and narrow range of usefulness it originally had.
    Those are some pretty solid calcs in Octillery's favor. The only issue here is that Octillery is slow as hell. Oh well, what can you do.

Unova starter MEvos:

Mega Serperior
    Type: Grass/Dragon
    Ability: Contrary
    Stats:
    Attack: 85 (+10)
    Defense: 110 (+15)
    Special Attack: 110 (+35)
    Special Defense: 110 (+15)
    Speed: 138 (+25)
    Movepool additions: Draco Meteor

Yay for OPness. Smack those Fairies in the face with Leaf Storm and laugh.

Mega Emboar
    Type: Fire/Dark
    Ability: Rock Head
    Stats:
    HP: 110 (+0)
    Attack: 158 (+35)
    Defense: 90 (+25)
    Special Attack: 120 (+20)
    Special Defense: 70 (+5)
    Speed: 75 (+10)
    Movepool additions: Sucker Punch, Crunch

Dark type is questionable, but Rock Head Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and Head Smash are not.

Mega Samurott
    Type: Water/Fighting
    Ability: Pure Power
    Stats:
    HP: 95 (+0)
    Attack: 110 (+10)
    Defense: 100 (+20)
    Special Attack: 133 (+25)
    Special Defense: 90 (+20)
    Speed: 95 (+25)
    Movepool additions: Close Combat

Highest attack stat in the game *****es. Outclasses regular Samurott in goddamn EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by The Imposter; 17th November 2013 at 1:28 AM.

New abilities

Augmenter- Doubles Special Attack.
    This is basically a Special counterpart to Huge (Pure) Power.

Sonojammer- All damage-dealing sound-based attacks have a 20% to paralyze.
    Contextwise, loud sounds have the ability to trigger temporary paralysis, and this ability is based off of that. Moves like, Uproar or Boomburst can potentially stun an opponent.

Wonder Seed- Every turn, the Pokemon leaves a seed every turn, maximum stacks 8. When the trainer switches in a new Pokemon, the pokemon breaks the seed(s) and gets healed. Each seed restores 6.25% of the Pokemon's total HP. These seeds can be spun away by Rapid Spin and cleared with Defog. Flying-types and pokemon with Levitate will not activate the seeds.
    I wanted this ability to be an exclusive to the Meganium line, which hasn't received any love since Gen II. This ability gives Meganium a interesting niche over other bulky Grass-types. For starters, eight stacks of seeds restore approximately 50% of the Pokemon's max health, which is huge and allows for some Stealth Rock-weak pokemon to safely switch in. At first, it may sound just a tad bit broken, but it's held back by realistic situations regarding Meganium. Meganium is easily forced out due to its Grass typing and okay defenses (for a bulky Pokemon), which means that a situation with 8 max stacks is fairly rare.

Ignition- When hit by a Fire-type attack, its Special Attack and Speed increase by one stage.
    This ability is exclusive to Typhlosion's line and meant to give him a stronger relevance in the metagame. By having 2/3 of a Quiver Dance, Typhlosion becomes very hard to stop from snowballing and really gives it a humongous edge over other Fire-types, especially those who are immune to Fire-type moves via Flash Fire. It won't make him OU material, but rather OU viable.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

Ignition- When hit by a Fire-type attack, its Special Attack and Speed increase by one stage.
    This ability is exclusive to Typhlosion's line and meant to give him a stronger relevance in the metagame. By having 2/3 of a Quiver Dance, Typhlosion becomes very hard to stop from snowballing and really gives it a humongous edge over other Fire-types, especially those who are immune to Fire-type moves via Flash Fire. It won't make him OU material, but rather OU viable.
    The problem is you'd have to switch into one, since no fool would ever fire a Fire move a Typhlosion even now, in fear of it netting a Flash Fire boost and sweeping their whole team with Scarf Eruption. I suppose that's not a big deal, put a Scizor or a Ferrothorn on your team, they attract Fire like magnets.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast