Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

* Give Shadow Tag back to Gothitelle (T_T Why take that ability away from a BL pokemon that relied on it, and give it to one with WAY better stats to exploit it >___>)

* Never gonna happen, but given how many of my favorite pokemon suffer from 4MSS, increase the moveslots by 1... Failing that, make a hold item that somehow increases it by 1 *shrug*
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

Here are some Gen VI move fixes. Seriously, some of the moves have some weird stuff.

Disalarming Voice
    - Change BP from 40 to 60.

This move is one of those "never-miss" moves (e.g. Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, etc). Outside of Aura Sphere, the rest have a BP of 60, bringing Disalarming Voice up to that standard gives Fairies a decent STAB option.

Freeze-Dry
    - Change BP from 70 to 55
    - Still super-effective against Water-types, but also has a 70% chance of freezing a Water-type.

This makes more sense flavorwise. Besides, it would be pretty cool to have a move with such a high Freeze chance. Of course, in order to balance out its rather broken effect, the BP has to drop. I chose 55 because moves that auto-guarantee a stat drop (Icy Wind, Snarl, etc.) all sit at the same Base Power, and Freeze-Dry's effect is pretty much on par with that.

Land's Wrath
    - Additional Effect: The move gains an additional typing based on field conditions.
    (Rain = Water, Sand = Rock, Sun = Fire, Hail = Ice, Fog or Tailwind= Flying, Misty Terrain = Fairy, Electric Terrain = Electric, Grass Terrain = Grass)

Honestly, Land's Wrath is by far the most depressing signature move I've ever seen. It's basically outdone by Earthquake in every single aspect. Therefore, I decided to spice it up a bit by allowing field factors to influence additional damage. It's name is friggin' Land's Wrath, so why not give it an ability that takes advantage of field conditions. As we have seen with Flying Press, dual-typed moves are now possible in Gen VI, so giving Land's Wrath an additional typing based on field conditions is completely justified. However, Land's Wrath's secondary typing only lasts as long as the weather or field effect does, so if Rain dies out on the fifth turn, Land's Wrath loses its secondary typing. I can already see members telling me how broken that effect would be, and to be honest, I would have to agree on some of those points. For example, Tyranitar + Zygarde will almost always guarantee that Land's Wrath will be QuakeEdge. However, due to the weather nerfs, most of the weather starters are starting to die down and see less action in OU (except Tyranitar of course), so dual typings with Rain, Sun, or Hail will be less prevalent.

Parabolic Charge
    - Change BP to 75 from 60

Okay. Base damage on it is flat out dumb, as it restores exactly 50% of damage. BP raise puts it on par with Giga Drain and Drain Punch.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Calcs for Octillery vs Skarmory:
    252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/36 SpD +/- Nature (Physically Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 241-284 (73-87%). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252 SpA Modest (Max SpA) Assault Vest Octillery Flamethrower at +0 vs 220 HP/252 SpD +Nature (Specially Defensive) Leftovers Skarmory: 187-220 (57-67%), Guaranteed 2HKO.

I'm not even going to calculate on Ferrothorn...

Sounds pretty promising, considering Octillery can run Life Orb over Assault Vest to OHKO Physically Defensive Skarmory.

The modified Suction Cups I will have to say is alright, if a bit tacked on.
    Well since Octillery is really slow, giving it an ability that would be quite useful is only fair and balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

Land's Wrath
    - Additional Effect: The move gains an additional typing based on field conditions.
    (Rain = Water, Sand = Rock, Sun = Fire, Hail = Ice, Fog or Tailwind= Flying, Misty Terrain = Fairy, Electric Terrain = Electric, Grass Terrain = Grass)

Honestly, Land's Wrath is by far the most depressing signature move I've ever seen. It's basically outdone by Earthquake in every single aspect. Therefore, I decided to spice it up a bit by allowing field factors to influence additional damage. It's name is friggin' Land's Wrath, so why not give it an ability that takes advantage of field conditions. As we have seen with Flying Press, dual-typed moves are now possible in Gen VI, so giving Land's Wrath an additional typing based on field conditions is completely justified. However, Land's Wrath's secondary typing only lasts as long as the weather or field effect does, so if Rain dies out on the fifth turn, Land's Wrath loses its secondary typing. I can already see members telling me how broken that effect would be, and to be honest, I would have to agree on some of those points. For example, Tyranitar + Zygarde will almost always guarantee that Land's Wrath will be QuakeEdge. However, due to the weather nerfs, most of the weather starters are starting to die down and see less action in OU (except Tyranitar of course), so dual typings with Rain, Sun, or Hail will be less prevalent.
    Well to be fair, as long as Land's Wrath maintains its BP (IIRC it's 90), then it shouldn't be a problem o tweak it as such.
    Just wait for the next game to come out, Zygarde'll probably have some boost by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Parabolic Charge
    - Change BP to 75 from 60

Okay. Base damage on it is flat out dumb, as it restores exactly 50% of damage. BP raise puts it on par with Giga Drain and Drain Punch.
    I think I might understand it's basepower.

It's a multi hitting move, so it could really bring HP back up in doubles, and even more in triples. But I guess it would be kind of balanced because nothing good learns it...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Mega Lanturn
    Ability: Swift Swim/Dry Skin
    Stats:
    HP: 125 (+0)
    ATK: 58 (+0)
    DEF: 78 (+20)
    SATK: 116 (+40)
    SDEF: 116 (+40)
    SPD: 67 (+0)
    BST: 560 (+100)

I can't think of a good ability to make this little buddy better...
    ---------------
    3DS Friend Code

Signature done by yours truly. Check out full version here!
    [Normal]
    [Safari]
    Smeargle / Audino / Lillipup
    Pokemon X: Rorie (Main)
    ---------------
    TEG Fairy Division Klefki Rank Trainer
    ---------------
    Current Shinies: Gogoat (Not tradeable), Krabby (Tradeable)
    Current Masuda Method Pokemon: Honedge (48 eggs, paused)

Quote Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
    Mega Lanturn
    I can't think of a good ability to make this little buddy better...
    I can.

Give it drizzle. 100% accurate thunder, water attacks get multiplied by 1.5, meaning that it may actually hit pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrawr View Post
    * Give Shadow Tag back to Gothitelle (T_T Why take that ability away from a BL pokemon that relied on it, and give it to one with WAY better stats to exploit it >___>)
    They didn't get rid of it, though. Gothitelle still has Shadow Tag, they just added Competitive as a second normal ability, since it had only one non-Hidden Ability before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I can.

Give it drizzle. 100% accurate thunder, water attacks get multiplied by 1.5, meaning that it may actually hit pretty hard.
    Drizzle Mega Lanturn? I want that now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Drizzle Mega Lanturn? I want that now.
    Infinitely cooler Mega for rain: Mega Slowking.

HP: 95 (+0)
    Attack: 85 (+10)
    Defense: 100 (+20)
    Special Attack: 145 (+45)
    Special Defense: 135 (+25)
    Speed: 30 (+0)

No Thunder, but is a lot more durable with Slack Off and has Nasty Plot and Trick Room to sweep with rain-boosted Surfs.

Exclamation

Give Slaking and Archeops a hidden ability. I can happily see Slacking with Thick Fat and Archeops with Regenerator. You think such a concept is broken? So what, make them Ubers and usable for once instead of having them as just Suicide pokemon! And make Regigigas Slow Start only happen for 1 turn instead of 5: That'll make the King of the Regis the king again!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

And the counterpart to Mega Slowking is Mega Slowbro.

Type: Water/Psychic
    Ability: Regenerator
    HP: 95
    Attack: 85
    Defense: 145
    Special Attack: 135
    Special Defense: 100
    Speed: 30

A simple reversal of some of MSlowking's stats to make this defensive behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    Give Slaking and Archeops a hidden ability. I can happily see Slacking with Thick Fat and Archeops with Regenerator. You think such a concept is broken? So what, make them Ubers and usable for once instead of having them as just Suicide pokemon! And make Regigigas Slow Start only happen for 1 turn instead of 5: That'll make the King of the Regis the king again!
    Archeops? It's fragile enough it would be difficult to make broken. I don't like Regenerator on it, though. It doesn't make sense. Maybe something like Rock Head.

Slacking, on the other hand? You're kidding, right? With thick fat, it's as strong as Mewtwo or Groudon. That's kind of not fair. It may be better to make it a new ability to make it usable, one that still nerfs it but doesn't make it OP.

Mega Dunsparce:

Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Early Bird

Stats:
    HP: 100
    Attack: 110 (+40)
    Defense: 60 (-10)
    Sp. Attack: 75 (+10)
    Sp. Defense: 85 (+20)
    Speed: 85 (+40)
    BST: 515 (+100)
    ---------------------------
    Mega Gliscor

Type: Ground/Steel
    Ability: Battle Armor

Stats:
    HP: 75
    Attack: 135 (+40)
    Defense: 160 (+35)
    Sp. Attack: 80 (+35)
    Sp. Defense: 95 (+20)
    Speed: 45 (-50)
    BST: 590 (+80)

I've got one simple change to make all ice trainers and Eevee lovers happy:

Switch Glaceon's Base Def. and Base Speed stats. Yup. 65 Def and 110 Speed instead of the other way around. Suddenly Glaceon can sweep with the best of them and Ice is a more reliable threat.
    Wi-Fi/OU Battle Team:
    Normal Gym Team:

Friend Code: 1177-6965-7514

Give Eevee an egg move for each Eeveelution. It can only learn this move if it's parent is an eeveelution that matches the moves type. The moves are...
    Flare Blitz
    Hydro Pump
    Volt Switch
    Psyshock
    Dark Pulse
    Frost Breath
    Leaf Blade
    Moonblast

That should fix up their movepools.

Give Eevee an egg move for each Eeveelution. It can only learn this move if it's parent is an eeveelution that matches the moves type. The moves are...
    Flare Blitz
    Hydro Pump
    Volt Switch
    Psyshock
    Dark Pulse
    Frost Breath
    Leaf Blade
    Moonblast

That should fix up their movepools.
    Volt Switch on something like Glaceon or Espeon seems kind of weird, but fun I guess.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

How about Avalugg with Solid Rock/Filter?

It would pretty much nullify its weaknesses and only really leave it with a weakness to SR.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

So uh, no comment on the beautiful Mega-Wormadam-trio?

And I suggest Drizzle MegaTurn when the first mega evo came out. Disappointments, GF sure does know how to make them.

Mega Empoleon
    Type: Water/Steel
    Ability: Filter
    ---
    Stats
    HP: 84
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 88 -> 128 (+40)
    Special Attack: 111 -> 131 (+20)
    Special Defense: 101 -> 171 (+60)
    Speed: 60 -> 40 (-20)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    So uh, no comment on the beautiful Mega-Wormadam-trio?

And I suggest Drizzle MegaTurn when the first mega evo came out. Disappointments, GF sure does know how to make them.

Mega Empoleon
    ---
    Stats
    Special Defense: 101 -> 171 (+60)
    That's pretty cool, but check your math. 101+60 is 161. I was going to do the Sinnoh starters next

Mega Meganium
    Type: Grass/Fairy
    Ability: Serene Grace
    HP: 80
    Attack: 92 (+10)
    Defense: 130 (+30)
    Special Attack: 103 (+20)
    Special Defense: 135 (+35)
    Speed: 85 (+5)
    Gets Moonblast

Meganium really does suck, and we all know it. Not sure how helpful Serene Grace would be, but meh.

Mega Typhlosion
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Adaptability
    HP: 78
    Attack: 104 (+20)
    Defense: 83 (+5)
    Special Attack: 144 (+35)
    Special Defense: 90 (+5)
    Speed: 135 (+35)

Switch in with the Flash Fire boost, then Mega Evolve and get Adaptability Eruptions.

Mega Feraligatr
    Type: Water/Dark
    Ability: Sheer Force
    HP: 85
    Attack: 165 (+60)
    Defense: 120 (+20)
    Special Attack: 79
    Special Defense: 100 (+15)
    Speed: 83 (+5)

Yeah. Yeah. And you thought regular Sheer Force Feraligatr would be a monster. Just imagine this thing roaming the streets Waterfalling everything it saw. STAB on Crunch means that not much is safe from this thing.

Gah, was shifting the numbers and forgot to do it. Well, stealing the cue:

Mega Empoleon
    ---
    Special Defense: 101 -> 161 (+60)

Mega Torterra
    Type: Grass/Ground
    Ability: Continental*
    ---
    HP: 95
    Attack: 109 -> 149 (+40)
    Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
    Special Attack: 75
    Special Defense: 85 -> 125 (+40)
    Speed: 56 -> 36 (-20)

*Continental: When the Pokemon switches in, Grassy Terrain is automatically created.

Mega Infernape
    Type: Fire/Fighting
    Ability: Hyper Flare*
    ---
    HP: 76
    Attack: 104 -> 134 (+30)
    Defense: 71 -> 91 (+20)
    Special Attack: 104 -> 94 (-10)
    Special Defense: 71 -> 91 (+20)
    Speed: 108 -> 148 (+40)

*Hyper Flare: The Pokemon receives priority on fire type moves. Fire veresion of Gale Wings.

My thoughts
    General: I personally feel that the Sinnoh starters already have great typings and there's no real need to change them as compared to the Johto starters. They just need better abilities and stats to work wonders in OU.

Mega-Empoleon: Defensive Mega-Evolution. It's able to make use of its great typing and a healthy special defense to tank special hits on ends. While it still retains a unhelpful Ground/Fighting weakness, it's 128 Defense, combined with Filter allows it to take them better. However, lack of recovery still hurts. If Mega-Empo was a thing, I'd be running RestTalk with Scald and Roar. Or I'll be running support. Bulky Sweep can still work with it.

Mega-Torterra: Toterra is a defensive Mega-Evo once more. Continental just gives it a free leech seed on the switch in along with a Choice Band boost on grass moves. Unlike M-Empoleon, it has a form a recovery, giving it an edge there. Nonetheless, Grass/Ground leaves it vulnerable to Ice type moves, which will really hurt. I'd run it with a Water type if my wish came true.

Mega-Infernape: Priority royally screwed the monkey (partially) in Gen 5. So what's a better idea then to, instead, give it Gale Wings for Fire type moves? You heard it right, priority Flare Blitz coming off 134 attack. Ouch right there. Unfortunately, 91 Defense(s) still aren't great.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 18th November 2013 at 3:40 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Honestly I don't see what the craze over mega evolutions is about. Most of them suck, there's only 5 or 6 of them that really stand out compared to the rest.

I'm still waiting for that Trick Room version of Light Clay, GF.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    I'd second that. I wouldn't mind seeing an equivalent turn-extending item for Tailwind as well, but... that'd probably be a bit broken, especially in doubles.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Honestly I don't see what the craze over mega evolutions is about. Most of them suck, there's only 5 or 6 of them that really stand out compared to the rest.

Better yet, an ability that auto-induces Trick Room.

Ability: Reality Shift
    Effect: Induces Trick Room for ten turns (sixteen with an extension item I'm too lazy to create)

An update to the autoweather abilities: they now induce their weather for ten turns, or sixteen with the rock. Might be a tad overpowered, but my hope is that it would adjust well to the bulkier metagame and matches would take longer than this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post

Effect: Induces Trick Room for ten turns (sixteen with an extension item I'm too lazy to create)

An update to the autoweather abilities: they now induce their weather for ten turns, or sixteen with the rock. Might be a tad overpowered, but my hope is that it would adjust well to the bulkier metagame and matches would take longer than this.
    I think gen 6 has already make this generation bulky enough. If anything, I think this would make the metagame hyper offense all over again, now that brutes like Mega Mawile don't have to worry about their speed.

I can.

Add a Tail Glow or Calm Mind Boost. Special Tank!

Archeops? It's fragile enough it would be difficult to make broken. I don't like Regenerator on it, though. It doesn't make sense. Maybe something like Rock Head.
    Actually I think there was some article about those ancient birds that said these birds are strong and need lots of food for recovery. So perhaps instead of something like Regenerator, perhaps something like Cheek Pouch, which calls for the use of resisting certain moves with a move-weakening berry like the Yache or Passho berry or a status healing one like a Lum Berry, all whilst healing Archeops a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post

This basically brings us back to Gen V all over again, specifically Weather Offense. If played right, you can pretty much end a battle within 16 turns.

If you pay attention to the number of turns that Offense usually takes to win (or lose), it's approximately 10 - 20 turns. Spamming weather-broken sh!t like Keldeo or Tornadus-T guarantees a Win even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Add a Tail Glow or Calm Mind Boost. Special Tank!

Actually I think there was some article about those ancient birds that said these birds are strong and need lots of food for recovery. So perhaps instead of something like Regenerator, perhaps something like Cheek Pouch, which calls for the use of resisting certain moves with a move-weakening berry like the Yache or Passho berry or a status healing one like a Lum Berry, all whilst healing Archeops a little bit.
    Context-wise, i don't think birds, ancient or modern, have cheeks.

However, I think a more balanced for Archaeops would be an ability that gives it auto-power from Turn 1 and weaken it over time.

Outburst
    - All attacks doe 30% extra damage, but deals recoil equal to 3/4 of total damage dealt.

Introducing the #YOLO ability. It makes Archaeops a viable pick while at the same time restrict its ability to be straight up abused. The automatic power granted by this ability makes Archaeops more of a one- or two-time wallbreaker because of recoil damage from all of its moves (btw Recoil affects ALL SPECIAL AND PHYSICAL MOVES). When it's on its last legs, it can be used as death fodder.

If you're wondering about the recoil damage, it does more Recoil damage than Head Smash (1/2).

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast