Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Create and/or change anything & everything Competitve edition! (Generation VI, ORAS)

Late post. But anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Those are some pretty solid calcs in Octillery's favor. The only issue here is that Octillery is slow as hell. Oh well, what can you do.
    Stick it on a Trick Room team. That might work. The fact it can run mixed and has a wide offensive movepool on both sides also helps it a lot. Under Trick Room, it would function like Infernape without it.

Speaking of Octillery, I think it deserves an evolution to make it better, so without further ado, here is it's evolution:

Octilinaut, the Jet Pokemon.

Pokedex entry: #79 Orion, #800 National

Size:
    Height (sitting flat): 1.4 metres
    Leg length: 0.9 metres
    Weight: 45.8 kg

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female.

Evolution criteria: Trade Octillery with Ink Sac.

Type: Water/Poison

Abilities: Suction Cups/ Marksman/ Pickpocket (Dream World)

Stat spread:
    • HP: 90
    • Attack: 115
    • Defense: 85
    • Special Attack: 115
    • Special Defense: 85
    • Speed: 80
    • BST: 570

Unova starter MEvos:

Mega Serperior
    Type: Grass/Dragon
    Ability: Contrary
    Stats:
    HP: 75 (+0)
    Attack: 85 (+10)
    Defense: 110 (+15)
    Special Attack: 110 (+35)
    Special Defense: 110 (+15)
    Speed: 138 (+25)
    Movepool additions: Draco Meteor

Yay for OPness. Smack those Fairies in the face with Leaf Storm and laugh.
    Broken. Mega Serperior would be banned because Contrary and STAB Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm enables it to set up with ease. Nothing bar Heatran will be able to switch in on the ever-increasing power of its dual STAB Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor and Hidden Power [Fire]. It would be viable in Ubers, but it is checked by a lot of threats up there. Just don't give it Draco Meteor or a Dragon STAB.

Mega Emboar
    Type: Fire/Dark
    Ability: Rock Head
    Stats:
    HP: 110 (+0)
    Attack: 158 (+35)
    Defense: 90 (+25)
    Special Attack: 120 (+20)
    Special Defense: 70 (+5)
    Speed: 75 (+10)
    Movepool additions: Sucker Punch, Crunch

Dark type is questionable, but Rock Head Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and Head Smash are not.
    This will probably give Emboar a rise in usage, considering that it will be viable in lower tiers, but Mega Emboar is still too slow to sweep unless it is on a Trick Room team.

Mega Samurott
    Type: Water/Fighting
    Ability: Pure Power
    Stats:
    HP: 95 (+0)
    Attack: 110 (+10)
    Defense: 100 (+20)
    Special Attack: 133 (+25)
    Special Defense: 90 (+20)
    Speed: 95 (+25)
    Movepool additions: Close Combat

Highest attack stat in the game *****es. Outclasses regular Samurott in goddamn EVERYTHING.
    Huge Power is a huge no no here. As it is now, with HP factored in, Mega Samurott with 252 Attack EVs hits an incredible 638 Attack right off the bat and has enough coverage (edit: and speed) to send it straight to Ubers. It will be a huge threat even in Ubers as it outspeeds the Base 90s (which is the standard baseline there) and packs most punch than most CB pokemon there. Give it a much weaker ability, maybe something like Sap Sipper, instead.

Edit: Just looked at Mega Mawile. Wow... HP with 105 base attack and coverage that is not to be scoffed at. That thing is slow, which is probably what is preventing it from getting banned. Trick Room teams would love this guy.
    Last edited by Orithan; 26th March 2014 at 2:16 PM.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

@ Orithan

I like your idea for an Octillery evo. I just want to throw my idea out there.

Octank

Type: Water/Steel

Abilities:
    - Suction Cups
    - Sharpshooter: All Special moves have their accuracy boosted by 50%.
    - Moody

Stat Spread
    HP: 90
    Att: 130
    Def: 80
    SpA: 130
    SpD: 80
    Spe: 20
    BST: 530

I always envisioned Octillery's evolution to be some turret octopus thing, and this makes that concept somewhat viable. The three things that should stand out is its typing, ability, and base 130 Att/SpA.

The typing gives it a lot of switch-in power. Even with a significantly bulked up stat spread, Mono-water typing isn't going to afford him any strong switch-ins. Having the resistances that Steel grants compensates for Octank's average defenses. Furthermore, many of you may notice its abysmal Speed that ties with Ferrothorn, which means it won't be outspeeding things to kill it. With 90/80/80 defenses, it can't survive strong STAB moves without a lot of resistances.

Second, its ability makes it stand out from all the other bulky wallbreakers in the metagame. Sharpshooter basically guarantees that low accuracy such as Octozooka, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, and Blizzard to hit much more often, adding to Octillery's ability to hit hard.

Finally, its base stats are designed for it to be a complete destruction machine. Base 130 in both Attack and Special Attack gives it a very strong mixed attacking option (though it will mostly go full Special). It's defenses are at best mediocre. It's enough for it to survive a couple of hits but not enough to sponge from hell and back. Finally, all of these wonderful stat boosts come at the expense of its Speed, which thematically makes sense because turret guns/tanks are pretty slow relative to other vehicles.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    However, I think a more balanced for Archaeops would be an ability that gives it auto-power from Turn 1 and weaken it over time.

Outburst
    - All attacks doe 30% extra damage, but deals recoil equal to 3/4 of total damage dealt.

Introducing the #YOLO ability. It makes Archaeops a viable pick while at the same time restrict its ability to be straight up abused. The automatic power granted by this ability makes Archaeops more of a one- or two-time wallbreaker because of recoil damage from all of its moves (btw Recoil affects ALL SPECIAL AND PHYSICAL MOVES). When it's on its last legs, it can be used as death fodder.

If you're wondering about the recoil damage, it does more Recoil damage than Head Smash (1/2).
    Yeah, it should make a more viable fossil Pokémon. I'm sure calculations would confirm.

On another note, giving Aurorus Filter would be better than Snow Warning. Snow Warning gives it a niche in OU, but it becomes really fragile and is OHKO'd when Avalugg uses Gyro Ball after a single Curse boost. Filter would be better.
    Aurorus with Filter becomes more sturdy if a Dual Screener sets up protection.
    However, without Snow Warning, it loses its niche in OU, so what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Yeah, it should make a more viable fossil Pokémon. I'm sure calculations would confirm.

On another note, giving Aurorus Filter would be better than Snow Warning. Snow Warning gives it a niche in OU, but it becomes really fragile and is OHKO'd when Avalugg uses Gyro Ball after a single Curse boost. Filter would be better.
    However, without Snow Warning, it loses its niche in OU, so what do you guys think?
    Sadly, Filter only reduces damage from super effective moves-it doesn't eliminate the extra damage entirely. Because of this, Aurorus's typing would still cripple it.

It's better off with snow warning, supporting teammates and giving it 100% accuracy Blizzards.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Aurorus has the worst defensive typing in all of Pokemon. Arguably worse than Abomasnow's Grass/Ice typing. The 6 weaknesses Ice/Rock give it are in all of the wrong places, which include 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Steel. It has a few resists but they don't do much to help it. Filter won't help it much there, especially considering its sub-par physical bulk.
    Aurorus sucks even as an offensive pokemon because, while it has a wide special movepool and a decent offensive type (Including hurting Waters with STAB Freeze-Dry), it is slow and has a sub-par Special Attack stat for an offensive pokemon.
    At best, Aurorus is just a weather summoner who receives competition from Abomasnow, and that is when Snow Warning Aurorus is released. Aurorus needs more speed and/or a change in type in order for it to be any good otherwise in OU.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    BRB CONTACTING WISHING STAR

I'm saying no to this one. The only immediate +6 are Belly Drum and Anger Point. Belly Drum is a risky tactics because you're pretty much half-dead from it, while Anger Point is another one because you're taking extra damage. Speaking of which, crits are usually rare generally so that gives it a decent drawback. This.. it's just different. Despite the fact that with the exception of Bug Buzz, attack sound moves are rare, balance-wise in-game (yes I doubt GF actually cares about comp) is just too broken.

BECAUSE MEGA STONE, YOU'RE WORTH IT.

Mega Wormadam
    Type: Bug/Grass
    Item Required: Wormadite
    Ability: Protean

HP: 60
    Attack: 59 -> 69 (+10)
    Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
    Special Attack: 79 -> 129 (+50)
    Special Defense: 105 -> 135 (+30)
    Speed: 36 -> 26 (-10)
    BTS: 424 -> 524 (+100)

Mega Wormadam-G
    Type: Bug/Ground
    Ability: Sand Stream

Attack: 79 -> 129 (+50)
    Defense: 105 -> 135 (+30)
    Special Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
    Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)

Mega Wormadam-S
    Type: Bug/Steel
    Ability: Filter

Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
    Defense: 95 -> 140 (+45)
    Special Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
    Special Defense: 95 -> 140 (+45)

WE NEED WORMADAM-MEGAS NOW. REVOLUTION AHHHH.

What do you guys think if Wormadam really got a Mega-Evo along these lines. Protean Wormadam Grass vs Sand Stream Wormadam Sand vs Bulky *** Filter Wormadam Steel.

Man GF needs more love for Wormadam.
    Dude... you are forgetting what +6 attack boosts would do to a max attack of 460... ITS OVER 9000!!!!

I may as well share a couple ideas.

Remodel:
    Doom Desire
    Power: 180
    Accuracy: 100

Attacks the opponent with a shining light. But reduces Special attack by three stages after every use. Something that Jirachi could use. Its a strong move with a great Clutch personally.

And here is a Mega Evolution for Cinccino. I made an art of it myself too. See the details there.

Using my most favorite normal type pokemon, I made 2 designs for Cinccino's mega evo. If you're thinking that there's an X and Y Cinccinite (as I personally call it), you're wrong. you only need one. Question is, what's the difference between the Two?

The one on the left needs the following to get that kind of mega evo:
    -it must have two or more multi hitting attacks.
    -its ability should be either Technician or Skill link before mega evolution

The one on the right needs the following to get that kind of mega evo:
    -it should have two or more special based attacks
    -its ability should be either Cute Charm or Skill link before mega evolution

Spoiler:- See stats here:

Newly learned moves (I'm still deciding which would be natural or breedable)

Spoiler:- What would it learn due to the 2 Mega Evos:

Hope it could come to some answer in a way. But what I'm more curious would be the other ways of getting two mega evolutions of a certain poke without going the Pokemon-ite X/Y exclusive way.

I just updated this due to the broken factor of one of my moves, also, the stats for my mega Pokemon were fixed.
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 28th November 2013 at 7:23 AM. Reason: Edited it for a reply
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

More evolutions:

Mega Oshmcattus:

Item required: Oshmcattite

Type: Water/Electric

Ability: Lightningrod

Base stats:
    • HP: 85 (+/- 0)
    • Attack: 72
    • Defense: 95 (+ 16)
    • Special Attack: 125 (+ 23)
    • Special Defense: 103 (+ 20)
    • Speed: 150 (+ 41)
    • BST: 630 (+100)

Comments: Oshmcattus from the old thread now gets a mega evolution. Boasting an outstanding 150 base speed, Mega Oshmcattus outspeeds the rest of the unboosted OU (barring a couple of other Mega Evolutions, of which only Alakazam and Aerodactyl can easily threaten it out with SE coverage) even with a Modest nature, which allows it to hit 394 SpA so it can dish out considerable damage with BoltBeam and STAB Hydro Pump. It also has decent coverage options in Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball to deal with the likes of Heatran and Gengar while boasting Volt Switch and Baton Pass to avoid being pursuit-trapped by Tyranitar and to possibly pass off a Lightningrod or Motor Drive (from it's normal form) boost.
    I wouldn't use it as a Special wallbreaking nuke though - It is outclassed by Mega Alakazam in that respect. Instead, I would use it as a fast offensive pivot designed to keep the offensive momentum up that isn't badly affected by priority. It resists Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet and has reasonable bulk unlike Mega Alakazam who is fragile and weak to Shadow Sneak (but resistant to Mach Punch) and Aerodactyl is vulnerable to BP and Aqua Jet.
    The trouble with it is: choosing it over, say Mega Kangashan and Mega Lucario, so I doubt that it will receive that much usage unless they get banned.

------------

Kisteon,
    the Mega Evolution Pokemon

Pokedex number: #150 Orion, #871 National

Flavour Text: "The only legendary pokemon to have an existing evolutionary line, Kisteon is regarded as Eevee's ultimate evolution. It is rumored that Team Kupiter used them to create Foxer and Vulpiver."

Size:
    Height (at shoulders): 1.5m
    Length: 2.7m
    Tail length: 1.9m
    Weight: 95kg

Description: A much bigger, less cutesy-proportioned version of Eevee, with 9 tails instead of 1.

Evolution criteria: Mega-evolve Eevee while it is holding a Kisteoite. It permanently evolves with no animation (outside of the Mega Evolution animation). A message comes up, after the battle has ended, that comments on the fact that Eevee has retained its Mega Evolution and that the Kisteoite has been drained of its powers.

Type: Normal

Abilities: Intimidate, Adaptability, Forewarn (PDW)

Gender Ratio: Same as Eevee's

Base stats:
    • HP: 100
    • Attack: 100
    • Defense: 100
    • Special Attack: 100
    • Special Defense: 100
    • Speed: 100
    • BST: 600

Comments: I guess nobody was expecting a Normal Eevee evolution. Much less a Legendary one. Also, Movepool yet to be determined.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

Remember the golems? Yeah, that legendary trio that nobody outside of NU really uses. Well, I'm here to give them a buff.

Mega Regirock
    Type: Rock
    HP: 80
    Attack: 130 (+30)
    Defense: 255 (+55)
    Special Attack: 50
    Special Defense: 135 (+35)
    Speed: 30 (-20)

Considering that Special Defense of Rock-types is boosted in Sandstorm, this thing has ungodly mixed bulk and can be a great tank. Curse Sets will be untouchable.

Mega Regice
    Type: Ice
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Attack: 50
    Defense: 135 (+35)
    Special Attack: 130 (+30)
    Special Defense: 255 (+55)

Ice is still a defensively poor typing, but another change I've made is that Hail mirrors Sandstorm and boosts Defense of Ice-types. This makes Regice an even better tank. Just don't Rock Polish with this. Even at +2 and max Speed Scarf Tyranitar outspeeds you. And Latios. And Tauros.

Mega Registeel
    Type: Steel
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Attack: 90 (+15)
    Defense: 195 (+45)
    Special Attack: 90 (+15)
    Special Defense: 195 (+45)

Solid Rock is buffed to half damage from super-effective attacks. (Filter does not get this treatment, so no completely unkillable Mega Aggrons) I think this is balanced here because even with the buffed offenses Registeel still has limited offensive presence, so it can be whittled down.

There need to be more defensive Mega Evolutions and these guys deserve some love.

Okay, guys, from now on I'll post a creative ability once a week or so. Each ability will go in alphabetical order, so without further ado, here's ability A!

Altruistic: When using Baton Pass, user gives 25% of its health to next Pokémon.

In-Depth Effect: A Pokémon that uses Baton Pass subtracts 25% of its HP and heals the next Pokémon 25% of its health.

Pokémon that get this ability: Accelgor

Justification: When I think of altruists, I think of those who sacrifice something important to them for the welfare of others.
    Accelgor may not look like much of a giver, but I see it as a ninja that uses its jutsus to aid others, even if it means cutting its own health.
    I thought about this ability and the possible criticisms that could result. One thing I changed was the HP pass, which was originally 50%, but it looked like too much in my opinion. Plus, I wouldn't expect Accelgor to be able to pull off 50% after using Agility.
    With access to Agility and an already sufficient speed stat, Accelgor can be a perfect SubPasser. Give it Leftovers before Passing an Agility to provide a more efficient and safe pass.
    Perhaps the Pass can go to an already injured tank that has suddenly gotten a speed boost, with an additional healing.
    So, any criticisms or modifications, and any further discussion would be appreciated.

Ability B is in the works now……

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    I may as well share a couple ideas.

Remodel:
    Doom Desire
    Power: 150
    Accuracy: 100

Attacks the opponent with a shining light. But reduces Special attack by three stages after every use. Something that Jirachi could use. Its a strong move with a great Clutch personally.
    Considering that this is a signature move, I personally think it is alright considering what Victini got.

And here is a Mega Evolution for Cinccino. I made an art of it myself too. See the details there.

Using my most favorite normal type pokemon, I made 2 designs for Cinccino's mega evo. If you're thinking that there's an X and Y Cinccinite (as I personally call it), you're wrong. you only need one. Question is, what's the difference between the Two?

The one on the left needs the following to get that kind of mega evo:
    -it must have two or more multi hitting attacks.
    -its ability should be either Technician or Skill link before mega evolution

The one on the right needs the following to get that kind of mega evo:
    -it should have two or more special based attacks
    -its ability should be either Cute Charm or Skill link before mega evolution

Base Stats:
    Mega Cinccino A
    HP: 105
    Attack: 120
    Defense: 60
    Sp. Attack: 65
    Sp. Defense: 60
    Speed: 160
    Ability: Skill Link
    Type: Normal / Fighting

Base Stats:
    Mega Cinccino B
    HP: 115
    Attack: 40
    Defense: 115
    Sp. Attack: 100
    Sp. Defense: 115
    Speed: 60
    Ability: Regenerator
    Type: Normal / Fairy

The way I designed the M.Cinccino on the left is an inspiration from the Belmonte Clan of the Castlevania series (hence the scarf that it uses as a whip). Thus, this one is much more combative and serious looking thanks to the fur like mask it has now. This is like the competitive Cinccino set. But very buffed with arm thrust to rid of its steel type counters

Newly Learned moves:
    Fury Cutter, Arm Thrust, Storm Throw, Extremespeed, Mach Punch, Close Combat, Bind, Wrap, Power Whip (forgot to add this one on the deviantart site)

On the right however, that M.Cinccino performs drastically different. It acts as a bulky sweeper akin to Reuniclus. About the circle in the middle, her design is an inspiration I found on a video game called Beyond Two Souls. So this is like Cinccino having another soul within her: just like Jodie having Aiden throughout her life.

Newly Learned Moves:
    Cosmic Power, Cotton Guard, Dazzling Gleam, Wish, Healing Wish, Recover, Trick Room, Fairy Wind
    Separate mega evolutions don't depend on what moves or abilities that the pokemon has. Instead they depend on the stone used. Mega Charizard and Mewtwo have separate stones for each of their forms. Why doesn't Mega Cinccino have separate X/Y stones like them?

Just to let you know, any newly-learnt moves on one side of the mega will also be available to the other because the original form will have to learn them before it mega-evolves so the mega will have these moves.

Exclusive move: Soul Guardian (the user call the aid of its soul protecting both its allies and itself.). Think of this move as a protect built for doubles. As M.Cinccino uses this move, it saves not just itself from damage. but also its ally from any attack or status move. But, just like protect, the more its used, the more it fails on the proceeding turn. It also works in single battles as well as triple battles and rotation battles.
    Broken. It may not be so in singles, but giving your ally in a free turn in Doubles and Triples to do basically whatever you want provided you foe is not is carrying Feint on top of protecting yourself is way too powerful. That extra turn can mean the difference between a win and a loss especially when this move is just about to give a sweeper like Terrakion a free SD while Cinccino remains unscathed. Maybe protecting just your ally (which is what Follow Me effectively does) is fine, but also protecting yourself makes it just too powerful.

Personally, I dunno how exactly the Mega Evo spread works aside from the +100 extra Base stats. I'm not sure if the reduced stats get transferred to another stat. Like Mega Ampharos loss of speed transferred to another stat. Someone could give me a basis idea. But check the picture I just drew and photoshop first.
    I'm sure that the stat drops are carried over into a different stat. Otherwise they won't have +100 BST

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Remember the golems? Yeah, that legendary trio that nobody outside of NU really uses. Well, I'm here to give them a buff.

Mega Regirock
    Type: Rock
    Attack: 130 (+30)
    Defense: 255 (+55)
    Special Attack: 50
    Special Defense: 135 (+35)

Considering that Special Defense of Rock-types is boosted in Sandstorm, this thing has ungodly mixed bulk and can be a great tank. Curse Sets will be untouchable.
    Even with it's ridiculous mixed bulk, Mega Regirock will still go down to repeated hits because it lacks recovery outside of Resttalk. Rock is a sub-par defensive typing that carries a lot of common weaknesses. Regirock will be able to do some serious damage with that good 130 Attack, but plenty of physical tanks like Skarmory will be able to take it and slowly wear it down or phase it out. A number of offensive threats can take out a weakened one, including LO Azumarill and CB Terrakion, but they will have problems switching in. However I have mixed feelings about wherever it would get banned or not, but I am leaning more towards a ban because it can run coverage moves to get around the walls that would normally trouble it. Ice Punch wrecks Gliscor and hurts Hippowdon, Fire Punch demolishes Ferrothorn and some forms of Skarmory and can muscle past Avalugg, Thunderpunch can cause serious damage to the bulky waters, etc...
    If it does get banned, it will be outclassed in Ubers. Lugia is easily the best physical tank in the game thanks to a combination of Multiscale and reliable recovery, neither of which M.Regirock has.

Mega Regice
    Type: Ice
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Attack: 50
    Defense: 135 (+35)
    Special Attack: 130 (+30)
    Special Defense: 255 (+55)

Ice is still a defensively poor typing, but another change I've made is that Hail mirrors Sandstorm and boosts Defense of Ice-types. This makes Regice an even better tank. Just don't Rock Polish with this. Even at +2 and max Speed Scarf Tyranitar outspeeds you. And Latios. And Tauros.
    Same as Regirock, but it is more managable considering it doesn't have as much coverage options to get past Special walls and wallbreakers. I would say no ban for M.Regice

Mega Registeel
    Type: Steel
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Attack: 90 (+15)
    Defense: 195 (+45)
    Special Attack: 90 (+15)
    Special Defense: 195 (+45)

Solid Rock is buffed to half damage from super-effective attacks. (Filter does not get this treatment, so no completely unkillable Mega Aggrons) I think this is balanced here because even with the buffed offenses Registeel still has limited offensive presence, so it can be whittled down.

There need to be more defensive Mega Evolutions and these guys deserve some love.
    The new Solid Rock is too powerful as it renders SE coverage moves absolutely pointless against it. Not to mention that it will have no weaknesses. Leave it the way it is.
    Without the buffed Solid Rock, I say it is fine.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Considering that this is a signature move, I personally think it is alright considering what Victini got.

Separate mega evolutions don't depend on what moves or abilities that the pokemon has. Instead they depend on the stone used. Mega Charizard and Mewtwo have separate stones for each of their forms. Why doesn't Mega Cinccino have separate X/Y stones like them?

Just to let you know, any newly-learnt moves on one side of the mega will also be available to the other because the original form will have to learn them before it mega-evolves so the mega will have these moves.

Broken. It may not be so in singles, but giving your ally in a free turn in Doubles and Triples to do basically whatever you want provided you foe is not is carrying Feint on top of protecting yourself is way too powerful. That extra turn can mean the difference between a win and a loss especially when this move is just about to give a sweeper like Terrakion a free SD while Cinccino remains unscathed. Maybe protecting just your ally (which is what Follow Me effectively does) is fine, but also protecting yourself makes it just too powerful.

I'm sure that the stat drops are carried over into a different stat. Otherwise they won't have +100 BST
    Well, I just wanna update you on the changes that I made on my post while I decide to agree with the 2 mega stone style instead. Also, the Doom desire buff that I did is now base power 180 (like V-Create) while it keeps the -3 Sp. Attack drop in every use.

Updated and much more concrete list:

Spoiler:- See stats here:

Newly learned moves

Spoiler:- What would it learn due to the 2 Mega Evos:
    New Items:

Cinccinite X:
    One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Cinccino hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle

This gives you the Normal / Fairy Cinccino

Cinccinite Y:
    One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Cinccino hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle

This gives you the Normal / Fighting Cinccino.

So, which of these two Cinccino Mega Evos would you prefer for you? And just how good would those two be in the current metagame for you? Manageable? Or absurdly too much? And thanks for the judging. Kudos.

I bet you heard this odd rumor findings that both Plusle and Minun get to have Mega Evolutions. For me, my guess is that they will have this kind of base stat spread.

Possible Mega Plusle (Not yet certain)
    Attack: 50 (-30. transferred to defense and sp. defense) = 20
    Defense: 40 ([+15]) = 55
    Sp. Attack: 85 (+40) = 125
    Sp. Defense: 75 ([+15]) = 90
    Speed: 95 (+30) = 125

Possible Mega Minun (Not yet certain)
    HP: 60 ([+30]) = 90
    Attack: 40 (-30. transferred to HP) = 10
    Defense: 50 (+40) = 90
    Sp. Attack: 85
    Sp. Defense: 75 (+30) = 105
    Speed: 95 (+30) = 125

More stuff:

New move:

Mystic pulse (90 BP, 100 Acc, Special, 10/16 PP, all adjacent pokemon, normal range, +0 priority, Normal type).

Flavour text: "Drawing power from its 9 tails, the user saturates the air around it with a mysterious unseeable aura. This attack deals either special or physical damage on each target based on their stats."

In-depth effect: Hits all adjacent enemies. It deals physical damage on any targets whose Defense stat, after boosts factored in, is lower than their Special Defense stat and vice versa for targets with lower Special Defense. When Kisteon changes forms (by holding evolutionary stones), this move is replaced by the signature move corresponding to the Eevee evolution it's form is based upon.

Distribution: Kisteon.
    Last edited by Orithan; 28th November 2013 at 9:55 AM.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    Dude... you are forgetting what +6 attack boosts would do to a max attack of 460... ITS OVER 9000!!!!
    So? Belly Drummers aren't exactly unstoppable you know? Aside from that, how does that have anything to do with the point of 'giving a +6 just by being hit by a sound move is broken'?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

New Move
    Fire Cloak
    Flavour text: "The user enshrouds itself with fire. Burns opposing Pokemon doing a contact move"
    In-Depth effect: Inflicts burn status on pokemon doing a contact move. In addition, the next damaging attack will have a 50% chance to burn the target, but will consume the fire. Non-fire types or Pokemon that can be burned will be burned themselves when using this move.
    Comments: I thought this up on a whim, and would probably make physical attackers hesitate when using their direct damaging moves against them. You can modify it to be more or less useful or maybe some variation of it. Not sure if giving it +1 priority would break it too much, but stuff with mach punch and aqua jet will hesitate more depending what you give this move to. It might be redundant when you can just burn stuff outright with will-o-wisp, but hopefully each move won't overshadow the other?

My friends and I thought of two rather humorous takes on a Mega Slaking.
    The first one has added attack and speed, but can only attack once every 3 turns.
    The second one would have an attack that makes any move it does a guaranteed one hit KO, but only lets you attack once per battle.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

I've always wanted more Rotom forms.

Rotom (Taking form of an old telephone or a stereo(?) speaker)
    Typing: Electric/Normal
    Ability: Levitate
    Special attack: Hyper Voice (telephone) or Boomburst (speaker)
    Comments: I know it's a pretty odd thing and normal type attacks are pretty mediocre, but Rotom could be one of the few that's good with a special based normal attack. The attacks and forms are just random ideas, but it makes sense somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    New Move
    Fire Cloak
    Flavour text: "The user enshrouds itself with fire. Burns opposing Pokemon doing a contact move"
    In-Depth effect: Inflicts burn status on pokemon doing a contact move. In addition, the next damaging attack will have a 50% chance to burn the target, but will consume the fire. Non-fire types or Pokemon that can be burned will be burned themselves when using this move.
    Comments: I thought this up on a whim, and would probably make physical attackers hesitate when using their direct damaging moves against them. You can modify it to be more or less useful or maybe some variation of it. Not sure if giving it +1 priority would break it too much, but stuff with mach punch and aqua jet will hesitate more depending what you give this move to. It might be redundant when you can just burn stuff outright with will-o-wisp, but hopefully each move won't overshadow the other?
    This sounds interesting, but I think it is rather underpowered until you give it either 100% burn chance or +1 priority. Having both would just make it too OP IMO. I am assuming that it doesn't have a protect-like effect also, as that seems a bit iffy. I don't really understand your description either. Could you give a battle scenario to allow me to understand it better?

I've always wanted more Rotom forms.

Rotom (Taking form of an old telephone or a stereo(?) speaker)
    Typing: Electric/Normal
    Ability: Levitate
    Special attack: Hyper Voice (telephone) or Boomburst (speaker)
    Comments: I know it's a pretty odd thing and normal type attacks are pretty mediocre, but Rotom could be one of the few that's good with a special based normal attack. The attacks and forms are just random ideas, but it makes sense somewhat.
    Rotom-S would probably make it to OU primarily because of how ridiculously powerful Boomburst is. Given enough bulk, it will probably become a top-tier threat just like Rotom-W because it has only a Fighting weakness and an important immunity to Ghost. Boomburst is pretty OP, something I will probably change some time in the future.
    Rotom-T is pretty much uneeded alongside Rotom-S.

New Move
    Fire Cloak
    Drop the 50% Burn chance and its fine. A guaranteed burn on contact is already very powerful as it is.

[hr]

Nerf to Boomburst:

Old Boomburst: 140 BP, 100 Acc, 5/8 PP, hits all adjacent pokemon

New Boomburst: 80 BP, 100 Acc, 5/8 PP, hits all adjacent pokemon.

Effect: If any targets have substitutes, this attack deals 1.5x damage and removes the substitute.

Comment: Anti sub move go go go!
    Last edited by Orithan; 1st December 2013 at 5:50 AM.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

No, Real pokemon i think they should change but I Think maybe just give all of the Previous 1st Gen Eevee Evolution a Mega

Okay, so Altruist doesn't sound too interesting because no one finds it noteworthy.
    So perhaps let's move onto Ability B!
    Brevity
    Effect: Doubles Attack Power of multi-striking moves, but only allows them to hit twice.
    Nullifies Skill Link ability of any Pokémon on the field. Attack power boost still occurs.

So, I'm basically trying to balance out Shell Smash, Skill Link Cloyster. Shell Smash defense-nerfing may seem to already balance it, but I've never been able to outspeed a ShlSmsh Cloyster.
    Brevity will give Icicle Spear and Rock Blast another boost after ShlSmsh, but at least it'll keep the opponent from fainting.
    Brevity may look like it only nerfs multi-strike moves, but it's more of an attempt to increase the power of double-hit moves.
    Gear Grind and Dual Chop have 50 attack power each, and Brevity affects all multi-striking moves, including these ones.
    Gear Grind and Dual Chop can really mess up an opponent, and Brevity promises peace for Haxorus and upper-tier placement for Klinklang.
    However, I haven't discussed which Pokémon the ability's for.
    For Whom: Skiploom, Jumpluff, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Larvitar, Aron, Butterfree, Beautifly, Archen, Archeops, Volcorona, Vivillion, Klefki

What do you think guys? Discuss!

Okay, so Altruist doesn't sound too interesting because no one finds it noteworthy.
    Brevity
    Effect: Doubles Attack Power of multi-striking moves, but only allows them to hit twice.
    Nullifies Skill Link ability of any Pokémon on the field. Attack power boost still occurs.

So, I'm basically trying to balance out Shell Smash, Skill Link Cloyster. Shell Smash defense-nerfing may seem to already balance it, but I've never been able to outspeed a ShlSmsh Cloyster.
    Brevity will give Icicle Spear and Rock Blast another boost after ShlSmsh, but at least it'll keep the opponent from fainting.
    Brevity may look like it only nerfs multi-strike moves, but it's more of an attempt to increase the power of double-hit moves.
    Gear Grind and Dual Chop have 50 attack power each, and Brevity affects all multi-striking moves, including these ones.
    Gear Grind and Dual Chop can really mess up an opponent, and Brevity promises peace for Haxorus and upper-tier placement for Klinklang.
    For Whom: Skiploom, Jumpluff, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Larvitar, Aron, Butterfree, Beautifly, Archen, Archeops, Volcorona, Vivillion, Klefki

Well then, it makes wonder as how it could affect the fifth generation set of Cinccino if she had this instead of Technician or Skill Link. But more Importantly, I am quite curious as to how it could affect the Mega Cinccino forms that I made on this thread. Especially, the Normal / Fighting variant that I posted here. You read more details about it on the spoiler.

Spoiler:- My previous post:

Mega Exploud

Ability: Amplifier

Hp: 104 -> 104
    Attack:91 -> 121 (30 Point boost
    Defense: 63 -> 83 (20 Point boost)
    Special Attack: 91 -> 131 (40 Point boost)
    Special Defense: 73 -> 83 (10 Point boost)
    Speed: 68 -> 68

Same overall boost total as Mega Kangaskhan, just distributed differently. Mega Exploud is meant to be a powerful but slow special or mixed attacker with decent bulk. Similar to Azumarill, really. Slightly faster and bulkier with better moves and coverage, but no dual STABs and no priority.

New Ability- Amplifier: All sound-based moves that deal damage have their base power increased by 50%

Yeah, really powerful. But seriously, look at how few sound-based attacks there are that deal damage, and at their coverage. Even if you extrapolate a bit, the best you're likely to get is Astonish, Syncronoise, Snarl, and the Hyper Voice family (Uproar/Hyper Voice/Round/Boomburst). Of those, Astonish is useless even with the boost, Syncronise is gimmicky at best, and Uproar and Round inferior to other moves. So it's really only Hyper Voice, Boomburst, and Snarl. Boomburst is pretty overpowered, but it does get quad resisted by Rock/Steel types and Ghost-types are totally immune to it (thanks to the loss of Scrappy), which evens it out a bit.

Speaking of which, Exploud now gets Snarl because it's a sound-based move based on being menacing and/or ranting. Exploud certainly looks menacing to me.

In the process of making an evolutionary line based on the timber wolf.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 2nd December 2013 at 7:09 AM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Okay, guys, from now on I'll post a creative ability once a week or so. Each ability will go in alphabetical order, so without further ado, here's ability A!

Altruistic: When using Baton Pass, user gives 25% of its health to next Pokémon.

In-Depth Effect: A Pokémon that uses Baton Pass subtracts 25% of its HP and heals the next Pokémon 25% of its health.

Pokémon that get this ability: Accelgor

Justification: When I think of altruists, I think of those who sacrifice something important to them for the welfare of others.
    Accelgor may not look like much of a giver, but I see it as a ninja that uses its jutsus to aid others, even if it means cutting its own health.
    I thought about this ability and the possible criticisms that could result. One thing I changed was the HP pass, which was originally 50%, but it looked like too much in my opinion. Plus, I wouldn't expect Accelgor to be able to pull off 50% after using Agility.
    With access to Agility and an already sufficient speed stat, Accelgor can be a perfect SubPasser. Give it Leftovers before Passing an Agility to provide a more efficient and safe pass.
    Perhaps the Pass can go to an already injured tank that has suddenly gotten a speed boost, with an additional healing.
    So, any criticisms or modifications, and any further discussion would be appreciated.

Ability B is in the works now……
    I guess it is fine. It will probably make an impact in the lower tiers, where Accelgor is a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadave View Post
    No, Real pokemon i think they should change but I Think maybe just give all of the Previous 1st Gen Eevee Evolution a Mega
    I don't really get what you are saying. Can you please use better grammar next time. BTW, Kisteon is supposed to be like the Mega evolution to not only Eevee (which is, by the way, a permanent evolution) but also to all of the Eevee evolutions. You will see how soon.

Brevity

Sounds okay I guess, given its distribution. Glad it isn't given to pokemon like Haxorus or Klinklang. Skill Swap can always change that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Mega Exploud

Ability: Amplifier

Hp: 104 -> 104
    Attack:91 -> 121 (30 Point boost
    Defense: 63 -> 83 (20 Point boost)
    Special Attack: 91 -> 131 (40 Point boost)
    Special Defense: 73 -> 83 (10 Point boost)
    Speed: 68 -> 68

Same overall boost total as Mega Kangaskhan, just distributed differently. Mega Exploud is meant to be a powerful but slow special or mixed attacker with decent bulk. Similar to Azumarill, really. Slightly faster and bulkier with better moves and coverage, but no dual STABs and no priority.

New Ability- Amplifier: All sound-based moves that deal damage have their base power increased by 50%

Yeah, really powerful. But seriously, look at how few sound-based attacks there are that deal damage, and at their coverage. Even if you extrapolate a bit, the best you're likely to get is Astonish, Syncronoise, Snarl, and the Hyper Voice family (Uproar/Hyper Voice/Round/Boomburst). Of those, Astonish is useless even with the boost, Syncronise is gimmicky at best, and Uproar and Round inferior to other moves. So it's really only Hyper Voice, Boomburst, and Snarl. Boomburst is pretty overpowered, but it does get quad resisted by Rock/Steel types and Ghost-types are totally immune to it (thanks to the loss of Scrappy), which evens it out a bit.

Speaking of which, Exploud now gets Snarl because it's a sound-based move based on being menacing and/or ranting. Exploud certainly looks menacing to me.

In the process of making an evolutionary line based on the timber wolf.
    This will definitely make Mega Exploud a considerable threat. A 210 BP STAB Boomburst coming off a pokemon with up to 398 Special Attack (which is M.Exploud at full investment) is absolutely nothing to laugh at - it does 77-90% to Physically Defensive Skarmory, for example. Despite Skarm's meager SpD (however, 70 Base SpD is still not terrible, hence why Specially Defensive Skarm is a thing), doing up to 90% to a top-tier threat that resists it is definitely an impressive feat. The question is: Is it worth using over Mega Mawile, whose Huge Power boosted attacks makes it extremely powerful?

------------

As a note: Kisteon's Hidden ability is changed to Filter and learns ALL TMs, HMs and move tutor moves (to accommodate for new Eevee evolutions that may come later). It's level up moveset is the same as Eevee's.

Kisteon's forms (All moves and abilities are retained across all forms, kept spoiler-tabbed for convience):

Spoiler:- Forms:
    Last edited by Orithan; 2nd December 2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

Simply because I always wanted a Pokémon evolution line based solely on the wolf, and there are none.

I view the Lupineo/Howlupe/Lupire evolution line as one of a pair of evolutionary lines that are the signature Pokémon of the team bosses and are distinctive to that version (two teams, two versions, like in Ruby/Sapphire), as well as being found primarily in the area near the box legendary of that version (the middle evo being more common at around 20/30% appearance rate and the final evolution appearing maybe 5% of the time). Secondary version mascots, if you will. I’ll be making its counterpart next, though that may take a while (it’s finals time).

Lupineo, the Young Pup Pokémon
    Type: Ground / Dark

Physical Description: A small Pokémon that looks like a stereotypical wolf pup of about nine weeks old (see here). Has darker, almost-black, fur on its back and a dark brown underbelly. White markings ring its eyes and a white stripe goes down from just behind the ears to the tip of its nose. Lupineo has bright electric blue eyes (roughly this color) and sharp fangs, but generally has a friendly demeanor.

Earth Version Pokédex entry: “Lupineo is highly curious and quite nimble. It seems to have a penchant for getting itself into trouble.”

Sky Version Pokédex entry: "Lupineo's eyes change color as it ages. It is extremely friendly, but prone to mischief."

Height: 1'06"
    Length (from tip of snout to tip of tail): 2'05"
    Weight: 28 lbs

Ability- Infiltrator: Ignores Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard.
    Refrigerate: All Normal-type moves are now Ice-type moves and receive a 30% boost.

Hidden Ability- Strong Jaws: Increases the power of biting moves by 50%.

Gender ratio: 50% Male, 50% female

Stats:
    Hp: 65
    Attack: 85
    Defense: 30
    Special Attack: 65
    Special Defense: 30
    Speed: 85
    BST: 360

Notable moves: Sucker Punch, Crunch, Return, Bulldoze, Earthen Fang (85 BP 90 Acc 20% Flinch Chance Physical contact move), Quick Attack, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Snarl, Knock Off, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Howl.

Overview: Lupineo is a fairly good mixed Attacker in the Little Cup thanks to its high Speed and Attack, and decent Special Attack. Its Refrigerate and Infiltrator abilities both lend itself well to a mixed attacker. Strong Jaw is also useful to boost the power of its STABs (Crunch and Earthen Fang), though it gains little else until Lupineo evolves fully into Lupire. It functions decently as a lead thanks to its access to Taunt and Stealth Rock, but it is incredibly fragile and will not be able to take anything stronger than a stiff breeze. Its typing renders it weak to several types of priority, and though it is fairly fast, it falls below the top speed benchmarks for the Little Cup. Best used as a Choice Band wallbreaker or Choice Scarf revenge killer, or with Life Orb and Sucker Punch/Quick Attack to act as a late-game cleaner.

Overall LC Rating: 3.7/5.0

Howlupe, the Howling Pokémon
    Typing: Ground / Dark

Appearance: Basically just a larger version of Lupineo, though the stripe on its forehead is now more like a white oval outline, the area between the darker and lighter parts of its fur has a white pattern developing along its sides, and its eyes are honey-brown. It often has a 'happy dog' expression, with its tongue hanging out and its mouth pulled into what looks vaguely like a smile.

Earth Version Pokédex entry: "This Pokémon has a very distinctive howl that can be heard for miles. It hunts in packs for food and protection."

Sky Version Pokédex entry: "Howlupe has a bite force of roughly 1500 psi. It is known to be vocal and sociable, but it becomes totally silent when angered."

Height: 2'03"
    Length: 4'01"
    Weight: 87.8 lbs

Abilities do not change.

Base Stats:
    Hp: 85
    Attack: 105
    Defense: 50
    Special Attack: 83
    Special Defense: 50
    Speed: 97
    BST: 470

Notable Moves (not mentioned previously): Work Up, Focus Energy, Beat Up, Hyper Voice, Moonlight, U-Turn.

Overview: Howlupe is a decent threat in the lower tiers. Though it lacks the ability to set up with Lupire's Wild Hunt, it can still deal out a lot of damage as a late game cleaner. The choice between Refrigerate and Strong Jaws is between powerful coverage or powerful STABs. Strong Jaws Ice Fang is still weaker than Refrigerate Return, but Crunch and Earthen Fang will be stronger. Sucker Punch and U-Turn in combination with its two immunities make Howlupe into a great scouting Pokémon. Howlupe is still a decent Choice item user, but it still prefers the freedom that Life Orb provides. Work Up or Howl can be used to attempt to turn Lupire into a sweeper, however, it isn't recommended due to its frailty. However, Howlupe does make an excellent target for a single Pokémon-to-single target Baton Pass strategy. Whirlipede and Ninjask make good partners for this.

NU Rating: 4.1/5.0
    RU Rating: 3.4/5.0

Lupire, the Great Hunter Pokémon.
    Typing: Ground / Dark

Appearance: Lupire keeps the coloration of its pre-evolutions, but the white pattern on its side now looks like rippling flames and the pattern on its head now resembles a diamond, with the lower V-shaped half continuing upwards towards its ears and the upper V-shaped half changing course and going straight down through each eye, stopping two inches below them. In the center of this diamond outline sits a very small white mark in the shape of a shield. Its eyes are now a glowing, molten gold color (see here). Lupire always has a serious expression, and its fangs are large enough to be easily shown when its lips pull back. It is also much larger, capable of letting children and adolescents ride on its back should the need arise.

Earth Version Pokédex entry: "Lupire is viewed by many cultures as a protective spirit of the land. It is said to guard the way to Agertexion's resting place."

Sky Version Pokédex entry: "This Pokémon is rarely seen until it strikes. It will often shadow its prey for days before making its move. However, it never attacks humans."

Height: 3'04"
    Length: 6'01"
    Weight: 191.3 lbs

Gender ratio: 50% Male, 50% female

Base Stats:
    Hp: 100
    Attack: 135
    Defense: 67
    Special Attack: 88
    Special Defense: 65
    Speed: 110
    BST: 565

Notable Moves (not mentioned previously): Wild Hunt (+2 Attack +1 Speed; inverted Shift Gear, unique to Lupire), Glacial Fang (85 BP 90 Acc 10% chance of Flinch or Freeze, buffed Ice Fang in a trio with Searing Fang and Electro Fang), Hyper Fang, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower (in-game event Lupire only; always Adamant natured).

Overview: Lupire is one of the deadliest threats in OU. Its signature move Wild Hunt turns it from a dangerous but manageable late game cleaner into a powerhouse rivaling several Ubers. With Strong Jaw turning its STABs and Glacial Fang into 120+ BP moves, Lupire is more than capable of 2HKOing every single Pokémon in OU. Rotom-W and Gyarados are two of its more prominent defensive checks, while it is weak to most common Priority moves thanks to its typing and relative fragility. However, clever users of Lupire will often run a Choice Band or Choice Scarf set to take advantage of U-Turn and the opponent's fear of a Wild Hunt sweep. Overall, Lupire's incredible coverage and power make it a top-tier threat, and it is capable of holding its own even in Ubers with the right support. In fact, it is possible that Lupire will eventually face a suspect test or council vote to determine whether or not it should be banned from OU.

OU Ranking: 4.8/5.0
    Ubers Ranking: 4.1/5.0

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan
    This will definitely make Mega Exploud a considerable threat. A 210 BP STAB Boomburst coming off a pokemon with up to 398 Special Attack (which is M.Exploud at full investment) is absolutely nothing to laugh at - it does 77-90% to Physically Defensive Skarmory, for example. Despite Skarm's meager SpD (however, 70 Base SpD is still not terrible, hence why Specially Defensive Skarm is a thing), doing up to 90% to a top-tier threat that resists it is definitely an impressive feat. The question is: Is it worth using over Mega Mawile, whose Huge Power boosted attacks makes it extremely powerful?
    I would say yes, simply because it has a much easier time dealing with Steel-types thanks to its extensive coverage and the fact that most Steel-types are weaker on the Special side. Plus, Mega Mawile might be good, but it's weak to the omnipresent Earthquake, and the fact that many common Pokémon carry Fire-type attacks to deal with Ferrothorn and Scizor doesn't help. Mawile also has a low HP stat (Base 50 even in Mega form), and its Speed makes it slower than pretty much every target it could face. It has to invest 44 Speed EVs to outpace uninvested Blissey. This means that if it Mega Evolves carelessly, it could take a hit or potential status (burn being the worst and sleep a close second) before it gets to make a move. Exploud doesn't have that problem; it outspeeds CB T-tar with 24 EVs and a neutral nature, so it outspeeds most common slow threats. Also, again, coverage. Between Boomburst, Fire Blast, and uninvested Superpower, Mega Exploud could potentially 2HKO the entire tier save Jellicent. So yeah, I think it'd have a niche of its own. It wouldn't be the best Pokémon ever or anything, but it'd definitely be a cut above the rest.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 3rd December 2013 at 1:15 AM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast