Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 164

Thread: Getting "Crap" past the radar

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Speaking of jokes like that in kids movies, anyone remember the numerous jokes like that in Cat in the Hat?

    Sally: S.L.O.W.?
    Cat: Yeah, its better than the last name we had: Super Hydraulic Instantaneous Transporter
    Conrad: Oh you mean-
    Cat: OH. Quick to the S.L.O.W.

    Cat: Dirty Hoe!
    *Starts to leave then comes back*
    Cat: I'm sorry baby, I love you

    Sally: Cat...Your tail
    Cat: What about it? O, I see, I've chopped it off, well that's interesting because- Son of a *Beep*.
    Cat in the Hat is a disgrace as both a children's and adult film (and I have no idea how it got to air on regular television, which was the only time I watched it). We do not talk about Cat in the Hat. The Grinch possibly, depending on who you ask.

    Now Horton Hears a Who had a great one that makes me giggle on the inside:

    Mayor (looking at his wallet): Ninety-six daughters and one son.

    Horton (laughing): Whoa! Busy guy.

    Mayor: And we all share one bathroom. You know how that is.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Cat in the Hat is a disgrace as both a children's and adult film (and I have no idea how it got to air on regular television, which was the only time I watched it). We do not talk about Cat in the Hat. The Grinch possibly, depending on who you ask.
    Yeah, I think the main problem, is that they tried to make it appeal to adults and kids, and it came off as neither, but I did get a chuckle or two out of it.

    Am I the only one who remembers this scene from Shrek?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers this scene from Shrek?
    Donkey: And I think it means he has a REALLY small--

    Oh look, Duloc!

    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Donkey: And I think it means he has a REALLY small--

    Oh look, Duloc!

    Lol, I haven't actually seen scared Shrekless yet so the second part was new to me.

    Shine your shoes, wipe your...FACE!

    A friend sent me this, I recognize the animation, bu I cant put my finder on what show it was:
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    It's Rocko's Modern Life. The show's full of stuff like that ("Chokey Chicken" anyone?). I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who worked on the show worked on Ren and Stimpy as well, or if the creator(s) was inspired by them. Or both.

    Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby.

    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  6. #131

    Default

    ^ Ah Rockco... Classic

    Now why is it we wanted to stop this


  7. #132
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Are you kidding? Banjo Kazooie has LOTS of "Getting Crap Past the Radar[/I] moments, and not just in the first game.

    See for yourself: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...r/BanjoKazooie
    Last edited by Maedar; 8th February 2014 at 12:38 AM.

  8. #133

    Default

    Wow that Jolly...

    I can't belive they got away with these:




  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    My sister was watching The Aristocats earlier, and I realized that there is a scene where one of the characters is obviously drunk, and the scene lasts a while.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    My sister was watching The Aristocats earlier, and I realized that there is a scene where one of the characters is obviously drunk, and the scene lasts a while.
    Did it last longer than Dumbo? Considering that Dumbo had an entire scene dedicated to getting drunk and hallucinating?

    Also, isn't it kinda implied that Thomas O'Malley is a womanizer since he's a tomcat? Isn't that why he hit on Duchess to start with? And go back and listen to "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat".

    Duchess: If you want to turn me on/Play your horn/Don't spare the tone/And blow a little soul into the tune. (Though to be fair, the meaning of "turn me on" was different back then... but I think it still counts.)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    It was the scene with Uncle Waldo, I'm guessing.

    Speaking of The Aristocats, there was one part that made me lol when I rewatched it. When Roquefort and the alley cats are running to Madame's house to rescue Duchess, they run pass a guy drinking wine at a cafe. The guy sees Roquefort running behind the cats and immediately starts dumping his bottle of wine out on the street. I don't know if it's getting crap past the radar, but I still found it funny.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 12th February 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    I still think the title itself is a subtle dirty joke.

    Speaking of Disney, Lady and the Tramp's "Bella Notte" scene got away with something. You know the scene as the song fades where they're together on the hill, then the screen fades and when we see them next, they're asleep next to each other? And then the scene where Jock and Trusty are asking which of them should marry Lady to protect her honor? And the fact that Christmas happened not too long afterwards (probably a few months later)?

    Lady and the Tramp got it on outside of whatever the equivalent of dog marriage is, and then she got pregnant. There's this on the IMDB page as well that further explains it. Believe me, I had to sit back and reflect on it for a while once I realized it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Did it last longer than Dumbo? Considering that Dumbo had an entire scene dedicated to getting drunk and hallucinating?

    Also, isn't it kinda implied that Thomas O'Malley is a womanizer since he's a tomcat? Isn't that why he hit on Duchess to start with? And go back and listen to "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat".

    Duchess: If you want to turn me on/Play your horn/Don't spare the tone/And blow a little soul into the tune. (Though to be fair, the meaning of "turn me on" was different back then... but I think it still counts.)
    Yeah, I would say that counts. Plus the conversation when the geese ask if O'Malley is her husband and he says he's not and they act all disgusted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    It was the scene with Uncle Waldo, I'm guessing.
    Lol, yep that's the one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I still think the title itself is a subtle dirty joke.

    Speaking of Disney, Lady and the Tramp's "Bella Notte" scene got away with something. You know the scene as the song fades where they're together on the hill, then the screen fades and when we see them next, they're asleep next to each other? And then the scene where Jock and Trusty are asking which of them should marry Lady to protect her honor? And the fact that Christmas happened not too long afterwards (probably a few months later)?

    Lady and the Tramp got it on outside of whatever the equivalent of dog marriage is, and then she got pregnant. There's this on the IMDB page as well that further explains it. Believe me, I had to sit back and reflect on it for a while once I realized it.
    *stares at page*
    ....Excuse me, I need to go re-examine my childhood XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  14. #139

    Default

    The censors really dropped the ball on this one

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    The censors really dropped the ball on this one
    That was brilliant. I don't think the censors cared because all they see is some form of education, even though the joke was basically a "take that" to both the censors (for probably not knowing their history after all) and the misconception of the term. Then again, they probably just saw the "do not try this at home" warning and left it be.

    You know, how come there's no DVD release, yet? I'm still baffled by that, you'd think they'd have released it by now.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Inside of a Pokéball
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post


    Mister Rogers knew what he was doing.
    Yep. And it was back when political correctness wasn't around. He wasn't doing that for that reason. It's still kind of funny though XD.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.



    Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

  17. #142

    Default

    ^ That is awesomely funny.

    Another classic from Rocko's Morden Life

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,089

    Default


    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Speaking of which, this entire spongebob episode seems to be very borderline on what can be gotten away with. And yeah. Squidward abuse is supposed to be laughed off as 'funny'.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Because people are horrible and don't know what constitutes as good humor anymore--especially when geared towards children. I understand why the person didn't put "Squid Baby" on the list, but it was that episode that was the last straw for me. It wasn't funny at all, it was offensive. I'm rarely offended, mind you, but because I have a brother who suffered a brain hemorrhage when he was young, it hit too close to home that I couldn't stomach it anymore.

    Look, Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry were violent cartoons, yes, but they weren't for kids to begin with. And even then the violence was cartoony and smart enough that it is hilarious. Tom and Jerry is comedy gold. SpongeBob is comedy fool's gold. No, worse, it's turd that was polished and spray-painted gold but it's still the shape of a turd because it is turd.

    This isn't getting crap past the radar, because apparently the radar likes this crap.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Spongebob stopped being funny when the movie came out really.

    Also the 'Mask' episode of Courage the Cowardly dog showed an -extremely- realistic abusive relationship.

    Then there are other things about it that they managed to get past the censors at that time, I'm kind of amazed that no one caught.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    I remember that episode. I disagree with the reviewer that it had anything to do with lesbianism, but he left out the obvious part: Mad Dog was a pimp, plain and simple, and an incredibly cruel one.

    So yeah, it was pretty dark for a series that did indeed tend to be dark, although to be honest, I can think even darker episodes of that show.

  23. #148

    Default

    ^ like these

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    For Digimon Tamers: In the original Ruki/Rika's mother was sixteen when she gave birth. The dub actually made it "worse", by aging Ruki up by two years, without aging up her mom. This means according to the dub, she was around thirteen, when she had Rika. How did they get away with that one, is anyone's guess.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    For Digimon Tamers: In the original Ruki/Rika's mother was sixteen when she gave birth. The dub actually made it "worse", by aging Ruki up by two years, without aging up her mom. This means according to the dub, she was around thirteen, when she had Rika. How did they get away with that one, is anyone's guess.
    True life stuff..

    Happens all the time really..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •