Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    There's really little pikachu can do over the next two, maybe even three gyms, so let's see what happens until then. Now if pikachu just goes into grant's gym and rolls over both of those rock dinos without a scratch, then we have problem.
    I'll give you the second gym and 4th gym, but the third gym has an obligitory Lucario VS Pikachu match needed.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Another awesonme looking episode, had everything a good Pokemon anime episode needed, training scenes, Pokemon personalities and interactions, Human character moments, awesome battles, no TR stealing gym battle screentime. The only real downside was Fletchling losing, however considering it not only got a win last week but also received onscreen training its already almost outshined Unefezant, so I can't complain.
    As I stated last week its refreshing to see Pokemon battles with strategies again, even if they are anime only ones such as freezing the field with Ice Beam.

Even if it is still early days I already really like the main cast, I thought i'd hate Bonnie however I think so far she's my favourite one. Even Ash feels refreshed and developed which is great considering how long his been on the show.

Finally if its true that Ash an Serena where once at camp together and we get more flashbacks I really hope we see a young Gary Oak a a later stage. But anyway's that for another thread.

Overall, another winning episode.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I'll give you the second gym and 4th gym, but the third gym has an obligitory Lucario VS Pikachu match needed.
    Unless they follow the games and have get his own Lucario, so we get to see the Lucario vs. Mega Lucario battle.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

First, unless the anime strays from the game, korrina doesn't have lucario as part of her main team for the gym battle. Second, I don't see why it has to be obligitory when we just had the very last league battle be ash vs pikachu, and pikachu lost.

Pikachu could theoretically go up against hawlucha though.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Unless they follow the games and have get his own Lucario, so we get to see the Lucario vs. Mega Lucario battle.
    And suddenly MegaPikachu is revealed to be a thing.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

i like how the people who were complaining about pikachu being weak and losing are now complaining that he was strong and shouldnt have won, yes i agree he shouldnt have won against both pokemon buts its not like fletchling was treated badly it managed to hit vivillon and not blown away by gust and will probably star in the 3rd gym
    and clemont is becoming my favorite male character i doubt hes going to surpass brock and gary but he will be one of my favorites this series

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    i like how the people who were complaining about pikachu being weak and losing are now complaining that he was strong and shouldnt have won, yes i agree he shouldnt have won against both pokemon buts its not like fletchling was treated badly it managed to hit vivillon and not blown away by gust and will probably star in the 3rd gym
    and clemont is becoming my favorite male character i doubt hes going to surpass brock and gary but he will be one of my favorites this series
    Yah, Pikachu just can't win in the Pokemon fandom
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Can someone enlight me about the Serena-Ash relation?

What did they talk about?

The episode overall was solid. I'm not a fan of Pika beating both Pokes. But I like them giving Vivlion the needed attention and not let it seem weak and easy beatable.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

I have always stood for pikachu getting what he deserved and he deserved both of those wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    It is largely a product of the writing and the anime in general. This is what you are going to get though when you have the same characters in a show for....well, forever basically. I think a lot of people are just kind of bored of seeing pikachu either way, since we have seen him a lot going back to the very first episode.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Can someone enlight me about the Serena-Ash relation?

What did they talk about?

The episode overall was solid. I'm not a fan of Pika beating both Pokes. But I like them giving Vivlion the needed attention and not let it seem weak and easy beatable.
    They talked about Oak's Pokemon Camp when Serena tried to remind him who she is. Of course Ash cannot remember her. At the end of the episode as they leave the town, Ash asks what Serena is gonna do now, I think. I think the boy from Serena's memories really is Ash considering Ash talks the same way as the boy which gave Serena a flashback.

Does anyone gets hoenn vibes from this

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    They talked about Oak's Pokemon Camp when Serena tried to remind him who she is. Of course Ash cannot remember her. At the end of the episode as they leave the town, Ash asks what Serena is gonna do now, I think. I think the boy from Serena's memories really is Ash considering Ash talks the same way as the boy which gave Serena a flashback.
    Thank you! )

So nice one. She will probably say she wants to.become a Racer and they get involved into that next episode.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Prediction: the whole Ash not remembering Serena will be milked to the point of being a recurring joke. When she inevitably leaves the show, Ash will suddenly remember everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba
    Finally if its true that Ash an Serena where once at camp together and we get more flashbacks I really hope we see a young Gary Oak a a later stage. But anyway's that for another thread.
    I suspected he might make an appearance this season, because in the flashback at the end of last season Gary has a slightly updated look (eyes were updated). They didn't do it for the other characters shown, so its plausible he's been redesigned to fit the new animation style because they plan on using him. With this stuff with Ash and Serena, and Oak's summer camp, it makes sense.

I haven't seen the last couple of episodes and will probably have to wait til' they're dubbed, so I don't understand the issue with pikachu winning. I thought this would be a good thing, considering how much people hate it when he lost at the start of other seasons. Can someone explain?
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Did anyone else find it odd that they didn't do the running gag of Noivern biting someone's head unless Alexa fed it a Sepelon berry?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

So Ash doesn't remember Serena huh? Not good. But I'm glad that Ash and his pokemon beats Viola and won his first Kalos badge.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Well, Pikachu winning all the fights in a Gym was actually long overdue, and I can ignore the fact it was just the first Gym.

But it this happens again in Grant's Gym...we can only say the good things about X & Y are the animation budget and Serena's existence trying so hard to bring character development out of Ash.

I expect Ash will get more Pokemon. As it is, spamming Iron Tail is all he can do for now.

Oh, and about that Lucario bit, everything will be cemented if Korrina is seen with two Lucario, and then we'll find out the writers will never give any of the cast one of them in the end.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Glad Steel Wing is confirmed for Fletchling. ^^ But I Think it's a shame it has a identical animation to wing attack again. At least make it more blue-ish like Pika's Iron Tail.

Either way, great episode. Love seeing some strategy again.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

There's really little pikachu can do over the next two, maybe even three gyms, so let's see what happens until then. Now if pikachu just goes into grant's gym and rolls over both of those rock dinos without a scratch, then we have problem.
    Are you really gonna look at Pikachu's past record and sit there and tell me that Pikachu isn't gonna get used cuz it can't do much -.-......

We had a problem, we have a problem, and we will ALWAYS have a problem until the writers look up the definition of spamming.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Are you really gonna look at Pikachu's past record and sit there and tell me that Pikachu isn't gonna get used cuz it can't do much -.-......

We had a problem, we have a problem, and we will ALWAYS have a problem until the writers look up the definition of spamming.
    The only solution is for ash to un oak charizard or infernape so that pikachu will undisputedly always be second best. Besides if Charizard solos half the gyms no one will complain that the battles were cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Did anyone else find it odd that they didn't do the running gag of Noivern biting someone's head unless Alexa fed it a Sepelon berry?
    Too busy with training and shipping, I mean, romantic character interactions for gags such as those, which makes me glad.

Also, the LucarioPK subtitles are out for the episode. Threadly reminder not to use them because they're complete google-translated shite.

Just because Dragon resists Electric type attacks, doesn't mean Ash won't use Pikachu in the second gym. Iron Tail alone is fatal to Amaura (which is probably why us as players have no access to it in-game) and will hit Tyrunt hard.

Now onto the topic stuff, I think many of us predicted this would happen and I approve of it. Pikachu has every reason to sweep this gym. Those who think Fletchling needed to win again we're basically in denial, because the writers we're gonna let it beat her best Pokemon and Pikachu needed revenge against Surskit making a fool of him.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Just because Dragon resists Electric type attacks, doesn't mean Ash won't use Pikachu in the second gym. Iron Tail alone is fatal to Amaura (which is probably why us as players have no access to it in-game) and will hit Tyrunt hard.

Now onto the topic stuff, I think many of us predicted this would happen and I approve of it. Pikachu has every reason to sweep this gym. Those who think Fletchling needed to win again we're basically in denial, because the writers we're gonna let it beat her best Pokemon and Pikachu needed revenge against Surskit making a fool of him.
    Fletchling needed revenge on vivillon, but didn't get it.

Named Admiral Sentret

Fletchling needed revenge on vivillon, but didn't get it.
    Someone didn't read my post I already said Flecthling was never gonna beat the main Pokemon, the writers wouldn't allow this. Just be thankful it won last week, because Ash's birds never win battles in their base forms
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

It...has no right to?

Pikachu...has no right to win over fletchling?

No right?

I think you need to calm yourself and take a break from the anime.

I think the battle could have gone a bit better or longer in terms of attacks to be hit by, but overall the stragety was sound and it's not like the winning broke my suspenion of disbelief...
    Absolutely! It has no right whatsoever on account of its already obscene number of previous gym wins when compared to Fletchling's grand total of 0! Pikachu deserved to be the fall-guy. People need to realise that this is pathetic writing which should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yes it can! It can jolly well stay out of Ash's important battles and let the other Pokemon stand a chance of developing at all.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 14th November 2013 at 4:20 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Absolutely! It has no right whatsoever on account of its already obscene number of previous gym wins when compared to Fletchling's grand total of 0! Pikachu deserved to be the fall-guy. People need to realise that this is pathetic writing which should not be tolerated.
    Fletchling got a win last time and wasn't humiliated anywhere near as bad. Stop complaining.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast