Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

Default Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

Decisive Battle on Ice! Pikachu VS Vivillon!

After his loss due to Viola's interesting battle techniques, Ash has started training with Viola's sister, Alexa. The training specific to withstanding the Gust move from Vivillon and Surskit's Ice Arena. After the training, it is time for Ash's Gym Battle rematch against Viola, but will his training have worked or will he be suffering another loss at the hands of this Gym Leader?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Please make sure to refer to the announcement in this section, and make an attempt to avoid basing your understanding of the episode on erroneous translations.

The episode starts off with a recap of the last episode.

Then the opening starts.

The episode then replays what happened at the end of the last episode with Serena talking to Ash.

It appears Ash doesn't remember Serena and she is a bit sad.

Noivern, Helioptile and Dedenne are eating along with Alexa (I think she was there), Bonnie and Clemont on a bench under some shade.

Alex laughs for some reason and then he continues his training session.

It is now the afternoon and Ash is still training, so they decide to take a rest and have something to eat.

They go to the Santalune Pokemon Center for a meal.

Back on the battlefield, Clemont reveals another invention of his and Ash has those sparkly Bishouen eyes.

The invention is a cannon that shoots out balls of web just in order to resemble the attack Sticky Web.

The machine suddenly stops working, so Clemont goes to check it out. It goes to fire in Clemont face, so he aims it up into the sky.

The web then falls back onto the cannon and it causes the next ball of web to be stuck and it makes the invention explode.

Ash decided to bring out Froakie and use Froakie's foam as a substitute. Good thinking Ash.

Bonnie is tired or dizzy for some reason. Maybe it's too late for her.

Ash then has a chat to his Pokemon before Serena talks to him again.

It's the next day and Ash re-challenges Viola to a gym battle.

Violva brings out Surskit and Ash chooses Pikachu to battle first.

Surskit shoots some sticky webs and Pikachu dodges them and uses Thunderbolt, but Surskit uses Protect.

Surskit goes to use Ice Beam, but Ash tells Pikachu to stop it or block it and Pikahcu hops onto Surskit and tries to redirect the attack.

The Ice Beam then freezes the trees on the outside of the battlefield and the battlefield as well.

Dare Da? Helioptile.

Surskit then circles around Pikahcu and goes to fire an attack.

Pikachu ends up winning the battle and Violva recalls Surskit and then then Ash recalls Pikachu for Fletchling.

Viola then brings out her Vivillon.

Fletchling goes in for an attack but Vivillon uses Pshychic and forces Fletchling to stay stuck on he ground.

Fletchling uses Razor Wind and Vivillon uses Solarbeam, which knocks Fletchling out.

Ash chooses Pikachu again.

Ash says something that Serena remembers Ash saying to her as a kid.

Vivillon fires a SolarBeam and Pikachu uses Thunderbolt.

Serena shouts from the sidelines and gives Ash a confidence boost.

Pikachu uses Electro Ball to clear the field of that green gas.

Vivillon's wings have a bit of ice on them and then Pikachu fires a Thunderbolt which knocks Vivillon out, making Ash the winner.

The referee brings the badge over to Ash and Ash takes it, poses and then puts it in his new badge case which I don't think I've seen before. It looks a bit big.

Ash and co. then say goodbye to Alexa and Violva as they head towards their next gym.

Ash asks Serena something and she is sort of shocked/confused.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 14th November 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

And Ash doesn't remember Serena. Haha!

Oh man! The Victory Road theme is awesome!

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Conclusion:
    - Pikachu beats Surskit
    - Pikachu gets to retreat
    - Fletchling falls to Stun Spore+Solar Beam
    - Pikachu survives Stun Spore because he's Pikachu
    - Vivillon somehow gets frostbite on the back of its body
    - It can therefore die to Electro Ball...

Everything but the last battle was realistic, but I still don't like why Fletchling had to lose.

On another note, why the heck did Froakie smack Fletchling that hard after the training? It was a freaking sucker punch and Fletchling did look hurt, but nobody picked up on it.. I wonder what the issue is there..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So, on the first attempt Pikachu gets taken down without a win, while Fletchling gets one win and loses the other.

And during the re-match, Fletchling gets taken down easily without a win, whiile Pikachu sweeps Viola's whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Conclusion:
    - Pikachu beats Surskit
    - Pikachu gets to retreat
    - Fletchling falls to Stun Spore+Solar Beam
    - Pikachu survives Stun Spore because he's Pikachu
    - Vivillon somehow gets frostbite on the back of its body
    - It can therefore die to Electro Ball...
    That was Sleep Powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    So, on the first attempt Pikachu gets taken down without a win, while Fletchling gets one win and loses the other.

And during the re-match, Fletchling gets taken down easily without a win, whiile Pikachu sweeps Viola's whole team.

That was Sleep Powder.
    Might be, Pikachu was clearly awake though while being surrounded by the cloud..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Battle completely blew me away. Serena was super supportive and actually managed to give Ash an idea on how to stand against that overpowered Vivillion And holy ****, using Electroball on yourself? Who knew? As for the training, a lot that was done there was foreshadowing for the battle, which was great. Bonnie also acting like a kid and easily falling asleep was nice, definitely superior to Max. Clemont is a total bro. Froakie and Fletching's character dynamic was hilarious.

Finally, of Serena's question. Ash actually knows what she is talking about but he has no recollection of who she is. It is definitely Ash from flashback, at least for me, and with that sudden flashback of her's in the middle of the gym battle after Ash said something definitely confirmed it for me. Also DAT CLIFFHANGER about Ash asking Serena what she's gonna do now (I think).

10/10 episode, never been this satisfied and excited since Railgun S Episode 5
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

What is up with these battles being so short lately? I am taking Playerking's summary as an example of this but I remember in Diamond and Pearl when the battles used to be so much more detailed and strategy-oriented. I really hope the battle is much more strategy-oriented than Playerking is making it sound, but since they didn't start the battle until a bit before the Dare Da!, it seems like the battles were fairly quick.

This is complete ********. Seriously the writers favoritism is astounding, so not only did Pikachu steal a battle, but also got revenge, HAH, what a joke *rolls eyes*....

Hope the supporters are happy, their precious star they all defended did exactly what we all concluded he would do.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Well at least Fletchling got to defeat Surskit the last time... I'm kind of upset that he didn't get a win here though especially since he probably wont be used in another gym until Korrina.

Also, how does Ash forget about Serena? I mean assuming he is 10 years old and you gotta imagine that he bandaged Serena when he was 6. I know time works differently in the Pokémon world but that probably still wasn't that long ago. I would understand if he was 20 or something but he's 10 so it really wasn't that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What is up with these battles being so short lately? I am taking Playerking's summary as an example of this but I remember in Diamond and Pearl when the battles used to be so much more detailed and strategy-oriented. I really hope the battle is much more strategy-oriented than Playerking is making it sound, but since they didn't start the battle until a bit before the Dare Da!, it seems like the battles were fairly quick.
    It was somewhat strategy oriented. Just not in DP level. It was better than or on par with many BW battles. The battle was awesome, I can give you that. What DP lacked and what XY battles have are the details on the field effects.

And Rob, don't embarrass yourself :P

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    It was somewhat strategy oriented. Just not in DP level. It was better than or on par with many BW battles. The battle was awesome, I can give you that. What DP lacked and what XY battles have are the details on the field effects.

Well, if we are looking at the first gym battles for each region, the Roark arc is hard to top. We even got to see Paul battle Roark! XY still has plenty of time to get DP's strategy-oriented battles back.

It is definitely better than what Playerking makes it sound.

Well, if we are looking at the first gym battles for each region, the Roark arc is hard to top. We even got to see Paul battle Roark! XY still has plenty of time to get DP's strategy-oriented battles back.
    I thought this battle was as good as Roark's battle. Roark's battle used 3 Pokemon and had more battles. That's why it was longer.

It is definitely better than what Playerking makes it sound.
    Yup.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I'm not ^_^

The people who defended him and pulled the its only the first gym crap did.

I hope now people will wake up and realize that NOTHING good can come from Pikachu stealing every battle and it's mother.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I was hoping Fletchling could do more, but oh well, at least it had a win in the first battle before losing in the rematch. And yeah, its Pikachu, its always the favorite, just curious if Fletchling appeared when Ash did the "I got a Badge" pose. At least sounds like Ash learned a lot from the last battle so was more prepared for Viola's tactics.

Too bad it sounds like it ends on another unanswered question moment, but glad to hear Serena's cheering might have helped. Now to see how the group finally fully forms with Serena probably officially joining soon (doesn't sound like she has joined quite yet?).

I thought this battle was as good as Roark's battle. Roark's battle used 3 Pokemon and had more battles. That's why it was longer.
    I'll have to see it for myself when it's up.

Sounded like another shippy episode to me. Serena encouraging Ash, Ash saying something that confuses her at the end, Ash saying something during the Gym Battle that reminded Serena of their past. I knew the ship would be a big deal but they are really laying it on thick now. It's a good time to be an Amourshipper!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I'm not ^_^

The people who defended him and pulled the its only the first gym crap did.

I hope now people will wake up and realize that NOTHING good can come from Pikachu stealing every battle and it's mother.
    There is going to be complaining either way, Robert. If Fletching starred in the battle and outshined Pikachu, people would complain that Pikachu definitely reset but if Pikachu stars, people will say he's a battle hog. Unless you are suggesting he shouldn't have used Pikachu at all in this battle.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 14th November 2013 at 11:54 AM.

in the Pokemon logic, Pikachu is like level60-70 pokemon and Gym leader probably got his pokemons at that level too so the only way to win is by his pikachu cos the rest arent experimented in battles unless the Gym leaders are a joke too and do battles with newbie pokemons.....The writers are a joke?

Also, how does Ash forget about Serena? I mean assuming he is 10 years old and you gotta imagine that he bandaged Serena when he was 6. I know time works differently in the Pokémon world but that probably still wasn't that long ago. I would understand if he was 20 or something but he's 10 so it really wasn't that long ago.
    I find that perfectly natural, to be honest. It's virtually impossible to remember the hundreds and hundreds of people you see during your life. When I was 6-7, I remember swimming with a girl who knew English and Spanish. However, I don't remember anything else. No name and no face. If I saw her again I would probably not recognize her. Same goes for a lot of people that I've seen during my life.

So it makes sense that Ash doesn't remember her. She probably was a girl like others to him and probably didn't leave him any impact. Serena, to the contrary, got said impact.

Different people remember different things because they have different minds. He may slowly remember her while they travel together.

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that Pikachu got two wins. I would have preferred if he lost to Vivillon and let Fletchling finish the job. Oh well, the battle and interactions seem interesting nonetheless.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Locormus mentioned a scene where Froakie hit Fletchling what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by cresselia92 View Post
    i find that perfectly natural, to be honest. It's virtually impossible to remember the hundreds and hundreds of people you see during your life. When i was 6-7, i remember swimming with a girl who knew english and spanish. However, i don't remember anything else. No name and no face. If i saw her again i would probably not recognize her. Same goes for a lot of people that i've seen during my life.

So it makes sense that ash doesn't remember her. She probably was a girl like others to him and probably didn't leave him any impact. Serena, to the contrary, got said impact.

Different people remember different things because they have different minds. He may slowly remember her while they travel together.

Anyway, i'm a bit disappointed that pikachu got two wins. I would have preferred if he lost to vivillon and let fletchling finish the job. Oh well, the battle and interactions seem interesting nonetheless.
    No, Ash is thinking about Misty! That's why!

Just kidding, Amourshippers! Don't Neg Rep me!

.....Oh, wait! Ya can't :P

That's a fair enough point, Cressy but you're much older than Ash so more time has gone by for you when you were six. But I'll still buy that especially with all the people Ash has met and Serena does look a bit older now and she's wearing different clothing so maybe that's why as well.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 14th November 2013 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Might be, Pikachu was clearly awake though while being surrounded by the cloud..
    It was fighting to stay awake the whole time and the reason why Ash told Pikachu to use that Electro Ball trick to cancel out the effects of Sleep Powder.

Also, i am sure it was Sleep Powder because Viola clearly ordered Vivillon to use "Nemurigona" (japanese for Sleep Powder).

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Locormus mentioned a scene where Froakie hit Fletchling what happened?
    After the training with Froakie's fruffle things, Froakie comes along and hits Fletchling, in a manner that I can only say as "brotherly". Fletching was fine afterwards, and if I remember correctly acted confident.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast