Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.
    Medicham is ridiculous...it ended my streak twice. I'm gonna have to breed for a Timid Gengar now

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.

A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...
    I have to agree...I'm on my 40th super single and my team of kangaskhan, chandelure and ferrothorn haven't lost yet...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

I'm playing around with ideas at the moment, but my current team for Super Single battles is as follows:

Noivern @Timid
    Choice Specs @Frisk
    Boomburst
    Flamethrower
    Switcheroo
    Draco Meteor

Azumarill @Adamant
    Sitrus Berry @Huge Power
    Aqua Jet
    Belly Drum
    Play Rough
    Superpower

(Mega) Lucario @Hasty
    Lucarionite @Steadfast (Adaptability)
    Close Combat
    Swords Dance
    Extremespeed
    Shadow Claw

My strategy so far has been pretty simple: Noivern leads and scouts the opposing Pokemon's item. The first turn requires some prediction, but usually involves switching items to lock my opponent into their first move. If I think they're going to go for the OHKO instead, I switch in one of my sweepers depending on the type of attack I think is coming. I've found Azumarill and Lucario between them cover Noivern's weaknesses pretty well.

Azumarill can be tricky to set up safely, usually requiring my opponent to be choice-locked into a resisted attack before I feel safe enough to fire off a Belly Drum. Once that's done though, Aqua Jet sweeps damn near everything out there.

Lucario is easier to get in and set up in spite of its legendary frailness. Again, the plan here is simply set up and sweep. I'm going to try a few battles using Flash Cannon instead of Shadow Claw, as I find I don't really use the claw that often. The reason for my Lucario's unusual nature is that it's the same one I acquired from Serena during my playthrough. I'm currently breeding for a flawless Adamant version with Bullet Punch to take its place. At the moment Lucario feels a lot like filler in my team, and I'm open to the idea of switching it out for something else.

Any suggestions for improvements?
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

So right now I am at a streak of 17 in Super Triples... I am completely un-prepared. I messed around with a Banded Earthquake Garchomp in the center with Dragonite and Rotom at the sides, kinda worked. I tried MegaChomp for SlideQuake with Air Balloon Rhyperior and Dazzling Specs Gengar... barely worked. I tried a sun team with MegaYzard, Talonflame and Blaziken... too gimmicky. Triples is much more interesting than Singles in terms of preparations required. I need to find three Pokemon that work well together on the field at one time, that can hit multiple enemies without backlash and are strong with three more Pokemon in reserve to sponge/wall/switch-in.

I've been thinking about using a team like this:

Garchomp @ Garchompite -- Center
    Adamant | 252 ATK / 252 SPE
    Earthquake - Outrage - Rock Slide - Iron Head

Zapdos @ Life Orb -- Left (Don't have yet)
    Modest/ Timid | 252 SPA / 252 SPE
    Discharge - Thunderbolt - Ancient Power - Round (#2sweg4u)

Noivern @ Choice Specs -- Right (Telepathy) (Don't have yet)
    Modest | 252 SPA / 252 SPE
    Boomburst - Draco Meteor - Hurricane - U-turn

Dragonite @ Lum Berry -- Reserve (Multscale)
    Adamant | 252 ATK / 252 SPE
    Dragon Dance - Outrage - Roost - Fire Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers -- Reserve
    Calm | 252 HP / 52 SPA / 200 SPD
    Hydro Pump - Volt Switch - Thunder Wave - Hex

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy -- Reserve (Don't have yet)
    Adamant | 252 HP / 152 ATK / 100 SPA
    Automize - Shadow Ball - Shadow Sneak - Iron Head

From what I can think of right now, only a Scarfed Jynx would be able to damage my to the point of me fearing a loss. I'd appreciate feedback and / or help getting this team together in order to beat Triples and later on Doubles (Garchomp & Zapdos + Aegislash & Rotom-W).
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Those cheating computers.

They have a Dragalge with its Hidden Ability. What's its Hidden Ability? Adaptability. Say hello to Draco Meteor to the face.

And no, there's still no known way to own one, not even through Friend Safari.

They also use Pokemon with the B/W 2 move tutor moves.

Though that's not quite as unfair as having HA Pokemon we probably won't get until the next game is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

Though that's not quite as unfair as having HA Pokemon we probably won't get until the next game is released.
    I miss Tutors. B2W2 were very great because of all the versatility in raising Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

I think what was worse was letting Lysandre's Gyarados know Outrage in-game, despite it being a tutor. At least Cyrus teaching his Honckrow Heat Wave in Platinum was justified by the existence of tutors in the game. Though things like HA legendaries in the Maison is just mean, especially since they're unreleased in pretty much every case.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Hey y'all.

Need help with my Battle Maison team. Basically, I've got these Pokemon via Wonder Trade, and I think they're quite good too. I still haven't checked their IVs, and they're freshly hatched from eggs, so I'm willing to EV train them using the ST. Anyway, I would really appreciate you guys helping me with them (no egg moves please, as I said, I don't really like breeding much). Comment away.

(Mega) Kangaskhan
    Adamant (+ Attack, - Sp Attack)
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Scrappy
    - Power-Up Punch (does it have a double Attack boost due to Parental Bond?)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Fake Out?
    - Return

Goodra
    Gooey
    *need help with EV Spread*
    *need help with good moves, especially a counter to Fairies*

*LAST POKEMON WANTED*

Planning to use:
    - Skarmory
    - Ferrothorn
    - Chesnaught
    3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3723-6020

Friend Safari: GHOST
    Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Woah! Are you planning a team with a Mega Venusaur and a Carracosta too?! I was planning a team with Mega Venusaur, a Carracosta, and Rotom-H!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I tried facing Nita after a 49-battle streak and I lost:

E5LG-WWWW-WWW3-XEN8

It's with my old team: Mega Mawile, Blaziken, and Noivern.

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm already breeding Tirtouga with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed but I've yet to see one with a nature that boosts Speed, since max speed is crucial in outspeeding Thundurus and Landorus. Then again, Crustle has better Speed so I'll be able to invest more in Attack, but I feel as though Carracosta has more coverage. Any tips guys? Thanks.

Yes, but even with the priority Aqua Jet, i wonder if Carracosta will be able to outspeed speedy foes after one ShellSmash if he will have to use his other move. So Im considering other member:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability Poison Heal
    Impish or Careful nature
    -Sp.A, +Def/+Sp.D
    Protect
    Sword Dance/Taunt
    Ice Fand
    Earthquake

And

Espeon @ Light Clay
    Ability Magic Bounce
    Timid (+Speed, -Att)
    Reflect
    Lightscreen
    Dazzling Gleam
    Psyschock

For gliscor i want to invest in his Sp.D to be able to take Sp.Hit decently. Specificaly agaisnt the Legendary of the super single chatelaine.
    Sword Dance is to boost the power from ice fang, who's there to have a good coverage with earthquake. Protect is there to recover with Poison Heal and stall if the foes have been leech seeded, poisoned or burned by the two other member who cover his weakness.

With Espeon, he's there to give more protection to M-Venusaur and Rotom-H, and also reflect the statut move that are not covered by the other two. Psyshock his almost only there for Chansey/Blissey, Jellicent and other Special waller.

I will try both of them with venusaur and rotom, i've already breed the Timid eevee with 31/x/31/31/31/31 IV. Only have to do the gligar and the bulbasaur with Giga Drain..
    Suggestion are appreciated!
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

So I'm guessing there's no way to glass cannon through the thing ey?
    My 3DS Code Is: 2621-3209-6186
    Pokemons: Ferroseed, Klang, Klefki

Happy gaming!

KLONOA FAN

It's highly recommended that you have a few durable Pokemon on your team that can take a hit or two, otherwise, unexpected Choice Scarf/Focus Sash users will cause a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zloik View Post
    So I'm guessing there's no way to glass cannon through the thing ey?
    You can glass canon up to 30 as long as they're good, have good coverage, and the mons synergize with each other. I ran up to 30 last night with my old team of Mega Charizard Y, Protoss Greninja, and Speed Boost Blaziken. They can probably reach 40 at that point, but I didn't really want to risk it.

Higher levels are where the legendaries and unavailables start appearing, with good moves and proper equipment. Just a brute force strategy at that point will meet a team that is just faster and/or stronger than is currently available. At that point, you need to be stronger and faster than what a Pokémon normally is.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I got up to 50 with these 3 until I decided to take a break

Dragonite@ Lum Berry
    Adamant
    252 ATK 252 Speed 6 HP
    Multiscale
    -EQ
    -Dragon Dance
    -Fire Punch
    -Outrage

Greninja@ Leftovers
    Modest
    252 SPATK 252 Speed 6 HP
    Protean
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -U Turn
    -Dark Pulse

Aggron@ Aggronite
    Careful
    252 SPDEF 60ATK 198 HP
    Sturdy(Filter)
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge(Actually came in handy against those annoying stockpile users)
    -Iron Head
    -Thunder Wave(Helped out against an annoying Mandibuzz that abused Substitute, Roost)

I bumped into 2 Tornadus, I froze the first one with Greninja and OHKOed the one used by the #50 trainer with a crit with Dragonite. So I couldn't tell if any had Aeroblast or not. Aggron did surprisingly well. There were times where it was better to stay normal though(Like getting stab from Stone Edge to KO stuff easier). Cradily's were nothing but setup fodder against Dragonite. I'd go +6 using DD and sweep with ease. The Maison isn't as annoying as Subway or the Towers IMO

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Does anyone know if Sturdy is really necessary for Maison teams? I'm really paranoid about OHKO users and I want to reach the 200-battle streak. Sturdy is immune to these moves, but most Pokémon with Sturdy use up valuable slots in my team. Instead of Carracosta I sort of want to get a Cloyster instead, since it can break through Focus Sash and can sweep through Nita's team once you reach 50 battles.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Does anyone know how the BP you get scales?
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Does anyone know how the BP you get scales?
    In the normal lines, you get 1 BP for the first 10 and 2 BP for the next battles until the end. For Super, starting with 2 BP per win, it increases every 10 battles with a maximum of 7 BP per win, which happens after beating the Maison leader at 50 battles.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    In the normal lines, you get 1 BP for the first 10 and 2 BP for the next battles until the end. For Super, starting with 2 BP per win, it increases every 10 battles with a maximum of 7 BP per win, which happens after beating the Maison leader at 50 battles.
    7 BP per battle is a VERY good rate. Too bad my team currently stinks and I can't get past 3 wins :P
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I've been doing pretty well on singles with Greninja, Togekiss and Garchomp.
    Kiss has been the star for me though, between flinches bulk and recovery it's saved me on several occasions.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...
    What type of explanation do you want? I'm guessing you want my team?

Anyways I lost on 248 due to a Cobalion having Quick Attack and finishing my Sashed Pokemon off. All I can say is the Maison does create teams to counter yours the further you get on the streak, specifically from my experience a team designed to beat your lead Pokemon. I probably should of paid more attention to be honest as when I got to my Target of 200 for the Berry I didn't really pay attention.

I have now started a new streak with the same Pokemon and I am at 150 at the moment, I ain't playing as much as I was before but I'm aiming to beat my Streak.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEew View Post
    What type of explanation do you want? I'm guessing you want my team?

Anyways I lost on 248 due to a Cobalion having Quick Attack and finishing my Sashed Pokemon off. All I can say is the Maison does create teams to counter yours the further you get on the streak, specifically from my experience a team designed to beat your lead Pokemon. I probably should of paid more attention to be honest as when I got to my Target of 200 for the Berry I didn't really pay attention.

I have now started a new streak with the same Pokemon and I am at 150 at the moment, I ain't playing as much as I was before but I'm aiming to beat my Streak.
    Yes I was interested in your team.

Also, did the AI ever mega evolve?

No Mega Evolutions have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEew View Post
    No Mega Evolutions have happened.
    I suspected that might have been the case when I hadn't seen any going on 70 wins. If they don't have Megas by that point, I think it's safe to say they won't happen at all. Which is somewhat disappointing, but I can't say I'm too surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I suspected that might have been the case when I hadn't seen any going on 70 wins. If they don't have Megas by that point, I think it's safe to say they won't happen at all. Which is somewhat disappointing, but I can't say I'm too surprised.
    The whole mechanic is just resurfacing in the region anyway.

Unless there were good people in Team Flare that copied the data Lysandre had about Mega Evolutions.

I don't think having trainers Mega Evolutions would be that unusual considering that so many of them are packing legendary Pokemon and what not.

I'm guessing they'll probably have them in the next game.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast