Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Just ran into my first Veteran trainer. Here is what I found:
    Veteran=legendaries=pain

Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    I've lost again.. this time, after 182 victories, thanks to a Trick Room Slurpuff.
    182?! I 'interrupted' to do other stuff on 28 and thought I was kicking goals. I've got a long way to go.

OMFG, I finally beat Super Multi Battles. Took a long break from Pokémon, because I wanted to try this with my two 3DS's (because playing with the AI is miserable), but needed PokéBank in order to get some of the Pokémon I wanted to try for this. Got my *** kicked over again, trying different team set-ups. Figured I'd try out Eruption Heatran instead of Volcarona, and I made it to 50 on the first run.
    The boss fight at streak 50 started off pretty rough with Heatran getting wrecked before it was able to do anything. Luckily Garchomp had a lucky critical hit, and I was able to recover the match. Video code: QMSW-WWWW-WWW5-VBNB

Heatran @Choice Scarf
    Modest, Flash Fire
    252HP, 252SPA, 6SPE
    -Flash Cannon
    -Earth Power
    -Heat Wave
    -Eruption
    Heatran is the main DPS guy in this team. Just use Eruption, unless you expect him to take significant early damage, in which case you use Heat Wave instead. The other 2 moves aren't really used, unless you get him back after a switch-out.

Ninetales @Heat Rock
    Timid, Drought
    6HP, 252SPA, 252SPE
    -Protect
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -Solar Beam
    Power up Heatran with by using a Fire move on it, or use for additional damage if you suspect a potential threat is surviving an Eruption.

Garchomp @Life Orb
    Adamant, Sand Veil
    6HP, 252ATK, 252SPE
    -Fire Fang
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    Your back-up DPS guy. High damage, decent bulk and speed, nice coverage; can't go wrong with him.

Greninja @Focus Sash
    Timid, Protean
    6HP, 252SPA, 252SPE
    -Protect
    -Mat Block
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    Your back-up support. Never switch in to him, wait for Ninetales to faint so you can use Mat Block on his first turn. Unfortunately Surf is likely going to be pretty weak if the sunlight is still up...

Finally beat all of the Battle Maison. That feels good, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    OMFG, I finally beat Super Multi Battles. Took a long break from Pokémon, because I wanted to try this with my two 3DS's (because playing with the AI is miserable), but needed PokéBank in order to get some of the Pokémon I wanted to try for this. Got my *** kicked over again, trying different team set-ups. Figured I'd try out Eruption Heatran instead of Volcarona, and I made it to 50 on the first run.
    The boss fight at streak 50 started off pretty rough with Heatran getting wrecked before it was able to do anything. Luckily Garchomp had a lucky critical hit, and I was able to recover the match. Video code: QMSW-WWWW-WWW5-VBNB

Heatran @Choice Scarf
    Modest, Flash Fire
    252HP, 252SPA, 6SPE
    -Flash Cannon
    -Earth Power
    -Heat Wave
    -Eruption
    Heatran is the main DPS guy in this team. Just use Eruption, unless you expect him to take significant early damage, in which case you use Heat Wave instead. The other 2 moves aren't really used, unless you get him back after a switch-out.

Ninetales @Heat Rock
    Timid, Drought
    6HP, 252SPA, 252SPE
    -Protect
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -Solar Beam
    Power up Heatran with by using a Fire move on it, or use for additional damage if you suspect a potential threat is surviving an Eruption.

Garchomp @Life Orb
    Adamant, Sand Veil
    6HP, 252ATK, 252SPE
    -Fire Fang
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    Your back-up DPS guy. High damage, decent bulk and speed, nice coverage; can't go wrong with him.

Greninja @Focus Sash
    Timid, Protean
    6HP, 252SPA, 252SPE
    -Protect
    -Mat Block
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    Your back-up support. Never switch in to him, wait for Ninetales to faint so you can use Mat Block on his first turn. Unfortunately Surf is likely going to be pretty weak if the sunlight is still up...

Finally beat all of the Battle Maison. That feels good, lol.
    You realize your Heatran is hacked, right? The only event Heatran that has the move Eruption is locked into a Quiet nature, so because your is Modest, it has to be hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by VaporeonIce View Post
    You realize your Heatran is hacked, right? The only event Heatran that has the move Eruption is locked into a Quiet nature, so because your is Modest, it has to be hacked.
    Ah damn, really? I got it in a trade a long time ago, this is the first time I actually used him in a fight. Well, that sucks winning with a non-legit Pokémon... Strange how it got accepted by the PokéBank, though...

With a Quiet nature his speed would be even lower. Not sure how much that would affect the result. The Modest Heatran with Choice Scarf is still getting outsped by Timid 252SPE Ninetales.
    Last edited by Milennin; 4th March 2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    Ah damn, really? I got it in a trade a long time ago, this is the first time I actually used him in a fight. Well, that sucks winning with a non-legit Pokémon... Strange how it got accepted by the PokéBank, though...

With a Quiet nature his speed would be even lower. Not sure how much that would affect the result. The Modest Heatran with Choice Scarf is still getting outsped by Timid 252SPE Ninetales.
    At least it was against the computer and not a real player which would have been a lot more embarassing. You could try using Typhlosion for the team since it also learns Eruption as a level up move so it can be any nature. It also has better Speed even though it has less Special Attack. It also has Flash Fire as its hidden ability so if you wanted more fun you could have Ninetales Will-O-Wisp to power up Typhlosion's fire attacks even more.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Well i haven't got much to offer, Super Single Leader's battle team is indeed the Kami Trio: Landorus + Tornadus / Thundurus. The team i beat her with was Garchomp (Life Orb) / Greninja (Unitemized) / Aegislash Leftover

She will head on with a monster speed Earth power Landorus, which since being my first time i had no idea i would go against, so Garchomp lead was terrible of my part (Not even my Speedy Greninja could outspeed Landorus, so i assumed it was scarfed)

(Icebeam 1HKO Landorus, and 2HKO Tornadus and should be 1HKO With lifeorb or similar item).

i managed to drop Landorus' HP before my poor Garchomp fainted, i sent Greninja to finish off Landorus, at this point i thought i'd oneshot Tornadus, but he managed to barely survive in 1/8th HP, and she could have KO-d me back if Focus Blast didn't miss.

I dropped Thundurus around the same amount of HP with Greninja before he finally fainted, then i sent Aegislash for the priority finish with Shadow Sneak.

Pretty fun fight! If Focus blast wouldnt have missed i would probably have lost, as Thundurus does know Crunch (i belive i could play it around with aegislash tho, thanks to King's shield)

The Mock Battle via recorder rematch was easy enough, i choicebanded Greninja, taking a single hit frim Earth Power then OHKO back Landorus, and oneshotted the rest of her team with just Greninja.

Edit: If anything, chain 80+ is PLAGUED with veterans, which pack 3 legendaries each, and are a lot more painful than the leader herself.
    Last edited by Brotatoe; 4th March 2014 at 3:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    You could try using Typhlosion for the team since it also learns Eruption as a level up move so it can be any nature. It also has better Speed even though it has less Special Attack. It also has Flash Fire as its hidden ability so if you wanted more fun you could have Ninetales Will-O-Wisp to power up Typhlosion's fire attacks even more.
    Typhlosion is cool and does the job better than anything else (the only other allowed Eruption users are Entei and lolCamerupt), but its hidden ability isn't released, so that will only work if you have an AI partner who has a Flash Fire Scarf Typhlosion.

Milennin, the PokeBank "hack check" is nearly worthless. As long as your Pokemon has legal base stats/EVs, it will usually get through, barring certain event-only legendaries.

Brotatoe, I recorded the opponents I fought in each of my attempts before my longest streaks. In battles 80-89, I fought 1 Veteran (attempt 1) and 2 Veterans (attempt 2). I had streaks where I fought four Veterans in five battles (153-157) and five Veterans in six battles (498-503) with a sixth Veteran at #505. It's just random; sometimes you'll just happen to fight a lot of Veterans in a brief period of time. It doesn't appear to have any relationship to where you are in the streak.

For some reason I had thought Quilava was in the Friend Safari.-.- I do plan on recahallenging the singles battle maison again. I am going to see if I can manage to get 50 in a row without using any megas.
    Guides I've written:

I lost on Battle 47 of Super Doubles last night. It was my team of DrizzleToed / SwiftSwimKingdra / Mega Scizor / Thundurus-T against a team of Muk / Armaldo / Manectric / Carracosta.

Muk and Carracosta against Toed and Kingdra. Muk explodes, killing everyone except Carracosta. Scizor Megas on the next turn and uses Swords Dance, while Thundurus kills Carracosta with Thunder, and is critted by Armaldos Stone edge. Scizor KOs Armaldo with Bullet Punch while Manectric does 70% with Overheat. I hit it with BP for about 60% damage, and it kills me with Overheat.

In hindsight I should've used Bullet Punch on Armaldo, but I'm not sure it would have KOd, and I'd seen about ten Armaldos up to this point, and every single one used Rock Polish the first turn.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    In hindsight I should've used Bullet Punch on Armaldo, but I'm not sure it would have KOd, and I'd seen about ten Armaldos up to this point, and every single one used Rock Polish the first turn.
    From battles 41 and on (and, for the most part, from battles 31 and on), almost every Armaldo you will face is Choice Band with Superpower/Stone Edge/EQ/X-Scissor (the crit against Thundurus didn't matter). Armaldo with Rock Polish only appear until battle 30, with the possible exception of Beauty Claire (she MIGHT run any one of the four Armaldo sets), who runs a rain team (since Armaldo can have Swift Swim). Scizor Bullet Punch won't OHKO Armaldo.

This team can get to 50. If Muk or other Explosion users are out and the opponent has a Normal resist, be sure to target the Explosion user (for the most part; I wouldn't worry about stuff like Cryogonal, Carbink, or Electrode). If Muk got a Quick Claw activation in the battle you lost, that's just a bit of bad luck; I wouldn't worry too much about it. I lost a few multi battles to bad luck before getting to 50. In the battle against Evelyn, you'll want to switch Politoed out for Thundurus when Raikou comes in (and target Raikou with Kingdra), or it will manhandle your team. Good luck!

I can not stretch enough how awesome Follow Me Clefable is in Super Double Battles. It lets almost anything set up next to it while tanking even super effective hits with ease.

***Glaceon welcomes everyone new to the World of Pokémon***
    RBY GSC RSE FRLG DPPt HGSS BWBW2 XY
    Sig Thanks goes to the very talented deviantartists *Kyle-Dove, Quanyails, N-Kin and many more***

I don't think you guys may have read my earlier post because it was on the very bottom of the page, but I made this team for Super Singles a while way, before Pokébank was even released. It's quite gimmicky, I wanted to make a FWG core with Pokémon from Kanto.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Skill Link
    Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Shell Smash
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Waterfall

I basically wanted a lead that could take at least one hit, and can get rid of sashed Pokémon. I heard a lot of stories before about Quick Claw Pokémon with OHKO moves, so I hope I can setup Cloyster and get lucky so I can progress further.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Protect

Eh, Venusaur functions as a stall for my team while being able to hold up a lot of attacks.

and my final member is, to complete a FWG core and my gimmicky team of using only Kanto Pokémon...

Flareon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    Curse
    Flare Blitz
    Wish
    Protect / Quick Attack?

VERY gimmicky, but I liked how Flareon finally received Flare Blitz. I thought that if I set up a Curse or two Flareon will be able to deal a lot of damage, while being able to heal itself (and its teammates) with Wish. I'm thinking of using Protect to be safer with Wish, but I don't know if Quick Attack may be a decent replacement. Granted, it's a weak move but it enables Flareon to move first.

Thanks for your help guys!

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I don't think you guys may have read my earlier post because it was on the very bottom of the page, but I made this team for Super Singles a while way, before Pokébank was even released. It's quite gimmicky, I wanted to make a FWG core with Pokémon from Kanto.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Skill Link
    Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Shell Smash
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Waterfall

I basically wanted a lead that could take at least one hit, and can get rid of sashed Pokémon. I heard a lot of stories before about Quick Claw Pokémon with OHKO moves, so I hope I can setup Cloyster and get lucky so I can progress further.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Protect

Eh, Venusaur functions as a stall for my team while being able to hold up a lot of attacks.

and my final member is, to complete a FWG core and my gimmicky team of using only Kanto Pokémon...

Flareon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    Curse
    Flare Blitz
    Wish
    Protect / Quick Attack?

VERY gimmicky, but I liked how Flareon finally received Flare Blitz. I thought that if I set up a Curse or two Flareon will be able to deal a lot of damage, while being able to heal itself (and its teammates) with Wish. I'm thinking of using Protect to be safer with Wish, but I don't know if Quick Attack may be a decent replacement. Granted, it's a weak move but it enables Flareon to move first.

Thanks for your help guys!
    Cloyster will do 90% of the work on this team. You want to be using Rock Blast as little as possible (because it WILL miss when you don't want it to). That shouldn't be too much of a problem, because Icicle Spear is an insanely good move. Venusaur is actually a really good partner; switching in on Electric-type moves is very helpful (you don't want Cloyster to take them even with the Sash, because of the paralysis risk). Expect Venusaur to get paralyzed regularly. You might even want Rest over Protect, if you want to make it a full-stall set. I usually wouldn't switch Venusaur in on Grass-type moves, because 1) Grass-type moves don't have secondary effects, meaning Cloyster can just live with the Sash, set up Shell Smash, and KO next turn, and 2) that Venusaur set can't hurt Grass/Poison types or Ferrothorn.

I'm sorry to say that Flareon set won't work at all. You're basically asking your opponent to set up on you, and Flareon's complete inability to take physical hits without a Curse boost makes it a huge liability. It dies to Earthquake from pretty much everything without a Curse boost, but it won't have a Curse boost because it's too slow to go first. Even if it DOES survive with a little bit of health, a single Curse won't be enough for it to survive a second hit. Gen 1 has slim pickings for Fire-types if you're not using a MegaZard, but I would easily use Arcanine over Flareon. At least it has good coverage (Wild Charge, Close Combat), respectable bulk, and decent speed.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VaporeonIce View Post
    Cloyster will do 90% of the work on this team. You want to be using Rock Blast as little as possible (because it WILL miss when you don't want it to). That shouldn't be too much of a problem, because Icicle Spear is an insanely good move. Venusaur is actually a really good partner; switching in on Electric-type moves is very helpful (you don't want Cloyster to take them even with the Sash, because of the paralysis risk). Expect Venusaur to get paralyzed regularly. You might even want Rest over Protect, if you want to make it a full-stall set. I usually wouldn't switch Venusaur in on Grass-type moves, because 1) Grass-type moves don't have secondary effects, meaning Cloyster can just live with the Sash, set up Shell Smash, and KO next turn, and 2) that Venusaur set can't hurt Grass/Poison types or Ferrothorn.

I'm sorry to say that Flareon set won't work at all. You're basically asking your opponent to set up on you, and Flareon's complete inability to take physical hits without a Curse boost makes it a huge liability. It dies to Earthquake from pretty much everything without a Curse boost, but it won't have a Curse boost because it's too slow to go first. Even if it DOES survive with a little bit of health, a single Curse won't be enough for it to survive a second hit. Gen 1 has slim pickings for Fire-types if you're not using a MegaZard, but I would easily use Arcanine over Flareon. At least it has good coverage (Wild Charge, Close Combat), respectable bulk, and decent speed.

Good luck!
    Okay, thanks! I think I'll try and use a Moltres or an Arcanine, then.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I beat Super Doubles yesterday. I really found it amusing how easy it was by using a Greninja and Sableye combo. I took out three pokemon before Greninja bit the dust but by that time Sableye landed the finishing blow on the last pokemon. My reserves were never needed at all.

Now on to Super Triples and Super rotations, then I'll attempt the 100 win streak.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

I had a lot of luck with Protean Life Orb Greninja, Choice Scarf Garchomp, and Mega Scizor. When I got to battle 50 I traded for Dragon Dance Gyarados w Lum Berry, and Garchomp and Scizor. Gyarados thrashed them all and I didn't have a chance to use anyone else. Was great. Going to do the same starting set up then trade into pokes I want the ribbon for.

I was originally using a Lapras/MegaCharizard duo for multi-battles, until some rock types totally kicked our tails when we advanced to Super Multi. Next time, I'm probably gonna train a Blastoise and MegaAmpharos for it.
    Trainer of Waves and Darkness
    @Aegislash on twitter

And my Super triple streak is broken at #44 when the cpu decided to hax and make nearly all of my moves miss even when some of them had perfect accuracy (Lax incense anyone?). It finally went down to my Charizard Y and Shuckle and I'm thinking "Ok, just use a couple of Heat Waves and you'll advance". What happens next? Sandstorm. Sandstorm combined with Wrap and Protect finished me off. Time to revamp the team...
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

I used a water team for triples. It worked very well for me. Vaporeon with Helping Hand is recommended. This really makes Surf amazing from the center in the rain. Just make sure you have something that can take care of the rare Ferrothorn and Snorlax.
    Guides I've written:

I finally did it. After trying on and off again for the last week or two, I finally beat the Super Doubles line! Here's the team that did it.

Politoed @ Modest
    Drizzle @ Damp Rock
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 Speed
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Hypnosis

Kingdra @ Adamant
    Swift Swim @ Chesto Berry
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Speed
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest

(Mega) Scizor @ Adamant
    Technician @ Scizorite
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Speed
    - Bullet Punch
    - X-Scissor
    - Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

Thundurus-T @ Timid
    Volt Absorb @ Assault Vest
    31/x/30/31/31/31
    252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    - Thunder
    - HP [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    - Grass Knot

I really got lucky that she didn't start Latios, as the entire run up to her, Toed and Kingdra would start, because Kingdra needs the rain the most of the entire team.

Toed / Kingdra VS. Suicune / Entei
    Both use Protect, Kingdra DD's while Toed just looks chill as f*ck.
    Kingdra OHKO's Entei with Waterfall
    Suicune hits both with Blizzard
    Toed uses Psychic on Cune' for 15%

Toed / Kingdra VS. Suicune / Raikou
    Kingdra OHKO's Raikou with Waterfall
    Suicune hits both with Blizz, freezes Kingdra
    Toed does another 15% with Psychic

Toed / Scizor VS. Suicune / Latios
    I switch Scizor in, eats a Dragon Pulse
    Suicune uses Protect
    Toed Ice Beam's Latios for 40%
    Mega Scizor SD's, eats another Dragon Pulse and Surf
    Toed does another 40% to Latios with Ice Beam
    Scizor KO's Latios with BP
    Suicune KO's Scizor with Surf
    Toed wastes Suicune's Lum with Hypnosis

Toed / Thundurus-T VS. Suicune
    Thundurus KO's Suicune with Thunder FTW!
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Last time I posted here, I hadn't won once against the Battle Chatelaines in the Super Battles, but after breeding and training seriously, I was finally able to win against them with the exception of the one in charge of the Single Battles and it was all thanks to my team, which is the following:

Jolly Gyarados
    Item:Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Hearthquake, Waterfall, Bite (yeah I know, but It's the only decent stab he can get after ME. LOL)
    IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SpD, 4Def

Adamant Aegislash
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability:Stance Change
    Moves: Sacred Sword, King's Shield, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak
    IVs:31/31/31/X/31/31
    EVs252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe

Timid Volcarona
    Item: Life orb
    Ability: Flame Body
    Moves: Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz
    IVs:31/31/X/31/ 31/31
    EVs252 SpA, 252 SpD, 4 Spe

Adamant Metagross
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Clear Body
    Moves: Hammer arm, Meteor Punch, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt.
    IVs:31/31/31/X/31/31
    EVs252 Atk, 248 HP, 8 SpD

Jolly Tyranitar
    Item: Choice scarf
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Crunch, Rock Slide, Hearthquake
    IVs:X/31/31/31/31/31
    EVs252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP

Naive Electivire
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Moves:Flame Thrower, Wild Charge, Ice Punch, Earthquake
    IVs:31/31/31/31/X/31
    EVs248 Atk, 36 SpA, 224 Spe

I do hope to win the Singles ASAP.
    Last edited by Aetius; 13th March 2014 at 9:52 PM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Gyarados I'd really recommend Bounce or Return instead of Bite because Bite is really too weak to be using. Bounce has much better base power and has a good chance of causing paralysis. Return has excellent neutral coverage.

I would definitely change your Volcarona. The only time to ever even consider Solarbeam on it is if the team is using Charizard Y or Ninetales. I currently use Psychic as my fourth move on Volcarona because I don't have HP Ice.

The way you are using Aegislash really doesn't work well with Leftovers. Weakness Policy would be a better item to use if you have it because it raises its Attack and Special Attack 2 stages if it is hit be a supereffective move. Considering its defenses when it is in Shield Forme, it shouldn't have an issue surviving an attack.

Another problem is you have Choice Scarf and Dragon Dance on Tyranitar. Pick one or the other. Personally I'd use Dragon Dance because it gives more flexibility since you don't need to switch out to change moves. Consider Chople Berry or Air Balloon as its item if you go the Dragon Dance route to give some protection.
    Guides I've written:

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    Gyarados I'd really recommend Bounce or Return instead of Bite because Bite is really too weak to be using. Bounce has much better base power and has a good chance of causing paralysis. Return has excellent neutral coverage.

I would definitely change your Volcarona. The only time to ever even consider Solarbeam on it is if the team is using Charizard Y or Ninetales. I currently use Psychic as my fourth move on Volcarona because I don't have HP Ice.

The way you are using Aegislash really doesn't work well with Leftovers. Weakness Policy would be a better item to use if you have it because it raises its Attack and Special Attack 2 stages if it is hit be a supereffective move. Considering its defenses when it is in Shield Forme, it shouldn't have an issue surviving an attack.

Another problem is you have Choice Scarf and Dragon Dance on Tyranitar. Pick one or the other. Personally I'd use Dragon Dance because it gives more flexibility since you don't need to switch out to change moves. Consider Chople Berry or Air Balloon as its item if you go the Dragon Dance route to give some protection.
    Thank you very much for your advice!
    Now, considering what you said, I know too well that Gyarados needs Bounce, but the fact is that I don't know how to teach it to him in XY, also because if I'm not wrong, you have to do that In BW...
    Volcarona's Solar beam it's useless, I know that, but i really didn't know what to give her; however now that you told me that Psychic might be useful to her, I'll do that and possibly use her on another team.
    Weakness policy on Aegislash is intriguing, but still, he helped me out a lot with the current set.....I'll see if it is better with it or the one you told me.
    As for Tyranitar, thanks for pointing that out and I really want to know if choice band would be a good idea or not, considering that I can virtually spam Crunch with the steel nerf.
    What about it?
    Last edited by Aetius; 13th March 2014 at 9:53 PM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Anybody know a good team for the Super Double battles & the Rotation battles?
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast