Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

A Quick Claw Bronzong that uses Explosion on turn #1 hitting every Pokémon on the field in a Super Tripple battle. Lol, that's so funny.

edit: Hah, beat the 50 streak Super Triples. Didn't feel as tough as the Super Doubles. Went in with a similar strategy and it worked really well. Didn't run into many problems, although figuring out the best ways how to deal with opponents that would outspeed my Greninja's Mat Block was challenging in some situations. I was really fearing the Leader at #50, but she didn't pose much of a challenge to my team at all. Here's the video for anyone who's interested: DZPG - WWWW - WWW3 - JFSM

Greninja @ Focus Sash
    Timid, Protean
    HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
    -Protect
    -Mat Block
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    Sets up Mat Block at the start of a battle to protect the team. Does decent damage as well.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
    Timid, Flame Body
    -Protect
    -Quiver Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    -Heat Wave
    Quiver Dances behind the Mat Block, then continues to sweep the opponent.

Meowstic @ Light Clay
    Modest, Infiltrator
    -Light Screen
    -Protect
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    Sets up the protective screen(s). Admittedly a Prankster Meowstic would work better in this case, but the female is just so cute (why does it have to be so cute, dammit).

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
    Modest, Synchronize
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    My back-up unit as always. Great for cleaning up the leftovers. Telepathy would've been the better nature for her in triple battles, but didn't feel like breeding and raising another Gardevoir...

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
    Timid, Drought
    -Protect
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -Solar Beam
    Acts as amplifyer of Volcarona's Heat Wave, or as a way to reduce incoming water attacks. Also great for dealing with the bulky water/ground types.

Absol @ Absolite
    Adamant, Super Luck
    HP: 6 | ATK: 252 | SPE: 252
    -Protect
    -Psycho Cut
    -Sucker Punch
    -Play Rough
    My only physical attacker on the team. Looks awesome, and a priority Sucker Punch to the face knocks out most stuff that don't resist it.
    Last edited by Milennin; 9th December 2013 at 8:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Greninja can outspeed and OHKO all three of them if it has a Choice Scarf.

Without it, you'll just need to switch it out for something that resists Focus Blast when Landorus comes out.
    Yeah, I scarfed greninja to outsped landorus and switched out talonflame for a focus sash diggers by with rock slide. Kangaskhan got OHKO'd by a focus blast on a switch in, but I still pulled off a win. Thanks

Last night me and my SO did some Multi Battles. Our pokemon were as follows(I don't remember any of the natures of the pokemon or all of the abilities, save for Mega Charizard Y's drought---which there was a lot of watching him mega evolve! HAHA--- and all of my SO's pokemon were not EV trained into special areas or anything. Forgive me, I'm not very thorough on this....)

Azael the Charizard
    Holding Charizardite Y

Moveset:
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Claw
    Solarbeam

Rayde the Roseraid
    Holding Black Sludge

Moveset:
    Toxic
    Venoshock
    Substitute
    Giga Drain

Azumarill
    Holding leftovers

Moveset:
    Surf
    Strength
    Play Rough
    Superpower

Emolga
    Holding Magnet

Moveset:
    Discharge
    Pursuit
    Acrobatics
    (???)

The first two were mine and the second two are his. Now, after this battle we did some tweaking to our pokemon, I to my EV training(since apparently my Charizard was NOT fully trained for some reason... and Rayde was just not very well trained.) and my SO changed his Pokemon's movesets. My SO is very new to the pokemon games, and does not really know much about EV training, but he is learning. His pokemon were just... balanced as far as EVs go.

Anyways, we battled together and we got to battle 18 until we lost to a Swalot!!! It was very fun, and we had a few hiccups along the way(namely using surf and Discharge). So far, our team is really well thought out for these Multi battles.
    Check out my Twitch channel for Pokemon viewer battles and giveaways!
        Spoiler:

I haven't beaten the maison yet iv had 3 streaks of 20+ and I'm currently on 21 on the super singles. I'm thinking of changing my team around but I'm not sure on who to change

My team:

Espeon - expert belt ( need something better I think)
    Ability: magic bounce
    Nature:timid

Psychic
    Shadow ball
    Dazzling gleam
    Calm mind

He has perfect ivs and is trained in spec attack and speed. I lead with him and he usually takes out a pokemon if the match up is good. If I think I can get away with using calm mind I will.

Garchomp - lum berry ( used this since I lost both my streaks due to him killing himself In confusion)
    Ability: rough skin
    Nature:adamant

Outrage
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Poison jab

Garchomp is there since he hits pretty hard might change him for a mega or something but I'm not sure atm. Poison jab helps deal with fairies and grass types.

Aegislash - weakness policy ( shiny aegislash ^_^)
    Ability: stance change
    Nature: brave

Sacred sword
    Shadow sneak
    Kings shield
    Swords dance

Standard aegislash I usually send him in if espeon or garchomp fail and if weakness policy is activated on the turn of my sword dance she destroys everything

Well that's my team if anyone has some suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it I have almost 2boxes of fully iv bred and ev trained pokemon so I have plenty of options.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

X in game name:Stacey
    OR in game name: Raven
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx7.x6. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

Give espeon focus sash. Worked quite well for me. Instead of calm mind, I ran psych up as a back up. For example, when the opponent is a wall or a stat booster, psych up ensures that I can remove it without losing too many pokemon.

FC is 4940-5550-1230

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post
    Espeon - expert belt ( need something better I think)
    Ability: magic bounce
    Nature:timid
    I'd go for a dual screener on Espeon holding Light Clay. I used my Meowstic as Dual Screener in Super Singles, and it worked really well for me -- made it to the 50 thanks to it. Maybe put Swords Dance on one of your other Pokémon to build up power while having the incoming damage lowered by the shields.
    Last edited by Milennin; 10th December 2013 at 9:29 AM.

So my friend and i are on super multi battles.
    Whats a good combo?
    Right now were using:
    Me: Charizard holding charizardite Y - Sylveon holding left overs
    Friend: Greninja holding leftovers - metagross holding iron plate
    Need help as we cant even get to the 10th battle of super multi battles!

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Do you have any moves like reflect/light screen/mat block? Or moves to reduce the opponent's attack/special attack. I find these quite useful in double battles. Need to know more about the pokemon that you and your friend are using before commenting any further.

FC is 4940-5550-1230

edit: Lol, got my Super Tripple streak ended at 93. Faced a team that countered my entire set-up, couldn't even beat it in the Mock Battle. Basically they started off with a Gale Wing Talonflame, Choice Scarf Darmanitan and a Houndoom that used Sunny Day on turn #1. Then they also had a Charizard, Blaziken and Aerodactyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    So my friend and i are on super multi battles.
    Whats a good combo?
    Right now were using:
    Me: Charizard holding charizardite Y - Sylveon holding left overs
    Friend: Greninja holding leftovers - metagross holding iron plate
    Need help as we cant even get to the 10th battle of super multi battles!
    Do your Pokémon have perfect IVs, the right EV spreads and good natures?
    Open with Greninja using Mat Block, make advantage of that with Charizard using a stat boost.
    Charizard Y summons sunlight, yet none other than your Charizard benefits from it (even hinders your Greninja using water type moves). Would seriously re-consider using another Pokémon instead, or replace one Pokémon in the team that would benefit from sunlight as well.
    Consider making Sylveon a support/tank unit with Helping Hand and/or Wish.
    Leftovers on Greninja is really bad since it has low defences. A Focus Sash would help it much better.
    Metal Plate ain't a great item, would probably go for a Lum Berry, or a berry that reduces Fire/Fighting/Ground damage.
    Also, put Protect on your Pokémon.
    Last edited by Milennin; 10th December 2013 at 2:16 PM.

Thanks for the feed back on my Espeon ill try out a focus sash first but if that doesn't do too well then ill change the move set to duel screens or I might breed a prankster klefki or meowstic for screens.

I find once I lose a streak on one of the battle modes I usually end up trying a different one to see if I do better at the different battle styles. One tactic I was using was a mat block greninja with a shell smashing cloysters holding a focus sash which was working well until I got to the higher 20s when I lost so I might retry the super doubles soon.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

X in game name:Stacey
    OR in game name: Raven
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx7.x6. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

Is it a bad idea to use one of the given allies for multi battles? I don't have anyone to play with but not actually being able to communicate and work together seems very unreliable. I also have my doubts about the friendly AI

I beat the Multi Battles with an AI. It was nice! But with my friend, I am having trouble. We get to battle 17 or 18 and get our butts handed to us by Swalot... a second time. :c My Charizard usually gets knocked out immediately by any rock type moves, and it leaves us to contend with Swalot with another Poison pokemon.

I could use Aggron or Tyranitaur I suppose, or I could use my female Meowstic or my Gardevior in the second slot.
        Spoiler:

I'm really looking forward to the Pokebank so that I won't have limited options when it comes to the Battle Maison. I'm not sure how many Pokemon you can already catch throughout the game. I believe it's like 500 something. And I know some of the Pokemon that you can't catch in X and Y because a few of them are my favorites, and I've learned some just by playing the game, but I don't think anyone has compiled a list of Pokemon you can't get yet. I'll be happy when it finally comes out so that facilities like the Battle Maison will be more flexible.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Pokebank so that I won't have limited options when it comes to the Battle Maison. I'm not sure how many Pokemon you can already catch throughout the game. I believe it's like 500 something. And I know some of the Pokemon that you can't catch in X and Y because a few of them are my favorites, and I've learned some just by playing the game, but I don't think anyone has compiled a list of Pokemon you can't get yet. I'll be happy when it finally comes out so that facilities like the Battle Maison will be more flexible.
    Tis here: http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml lists all Unobtainable Pokémon at the moment. (Well, minus Torchic family due to the Event)

Are there any strategies to Rotation Battles other than just throwing around high-power moves? This seems to be the only format the AI likes to cheat, but maybe it's just me. Usually whenever I select a move that's super effective they rotate to something to make it not-very effective, but if I purposely select something not-very effective they just stay in, lol. It's like one huge guessing game...

Take advantage of the fact that you can switch your Pokemon without losing your turn by setting up moves like Light Screen/Reflect, weather, terrain, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    Are there any strategies to Rotation Battles other than just throwing around high-power moves? This seems to be the only format the AI likes to cheat, but maybe it's just me. Usually whenever I select a move that's super effective they rotate to something to make it not-very effective, but if I purposely select something not-very effective they just stay in, lol. It's like one huge guessing game...
    When it doubt, switch around to your dual screen/potential Poke that isn't going to get mauled by a Super-effective move.

So this morning...I just learned the hard way I REALLY need to properly train a Grass type, huugh. Sort of got screwed over by Gastrodon. :I
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I really enjoy the Battle Maison. The new BP system is a much-needed improvement.

However, hax is as prevalent as ever. Those random Quick Claws always take a toll from me. Also, a single Shell Smash from a Magcargo is able to sweep my whole team clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Latios View Post
    However, hax is as prevalent as ever. Those random Quick Claws always take a toll from me. Also, a single Shell Smash from a Magcargo is able to sweep my whole team clean.
    Having beat the super singles, doubles and triples I don't remember ever experiencing this thing called "hax" in the Maison. Yeah, there's a few times I got unlucky, like by missing all 3 targets with a Heat Wave in triples and other stuff, but that kind of thing is bound to happen in one of hundreds of battles you go through there. There's also been plenty of times I got lucky with criticals or getting 2 protects in a row when I needed it, even during battles in the 50+ streaks.

Having beat the super singles, doubles and triples I don't remember ever experiencing this thing called "hax" in the Maison. Yeah, there's a few times I got unlucky, like by missing all 3 targets with a Heat Wave in triples and other stuff, but that kind of thing is bound to happen in one of hundreds of battles you go through there. There's also been plenty of times I got lucky with criticals or getting 2 protects in a row when I needed it, even during battles in the 50+ streaks.
    Ever since 4th Gen, hax has been the bane of my existence. That, and counter-teaming. Losing to Palmer's Cresselia because I was frozen by Ice Beam (never thawing out) and confused by Signal Beam (and always taking recoil damage) could not have been simply bad luck. Yeah, bad luck is bound to happen during long streaks (partly why I lost a 116 win streak in Subway), and it's sometimes just that, but it tends to happen way too much on our end to be considered a normal occurrence. As for counter-teaming, I can't name enough times where I've lost because the opponent's team setup is a perfect counter to mine. This is less of an issue in Doubles/Triples than in Singles, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

QN6G-WWWW-WWW3-KYDG

This would be an example of major hax in the Maison.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    QN6G-WWWW-WWW3-KYDG

This would be an example of major hax in the Maison.
    Sorry, not seeming to be noobish, but can you elaborate on what this means?
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KAYLAF0X View Post
    Sorry, not seeming to be noobish, but can you elaborate on what this means?
    It's an uploaded VS Recorder battle video. You can watch it by going online ingame, then entering the code in the VS Recorder.

On the topic of the Battle Maison: can't say I've had much luck in Super Rotation Battles using several different team setups. It just seems so random.
    Tried a few Super Multi Battles as well, but playing with AI is painful. Couldn't even reach a 20 streak in Super Multis...
    Last edited by Milennin; 13th December 2013 at 10:40 AM.

In Super Multi, I found that it was best to pick the AI that complemented your style. For instance, I usually started with MegaBlaziken so Pokémon that could resist/avoid Earthquake on top of attacking specially made great partners to him. Due to that, I was able to get the 50 wins even with the handicap.

Also, make sure that the AI doesn't have a Pokémon with a party-wide move you aren't resistant/immune to as there's nothing worse then having your partner blow up your team in the middle of a battle.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 14th December 2013 at 9:09 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I've been trying to get a 50 win streak on the Super Battles for ages now and I can't seem to get past 30 anymore. My longest streak was 47 in Triples and no matter what combination of Pokemon I use I can't seem to do any better. Currently I'm trying to complete singles with the following team:

Blaziken
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Item: Blazikenite
    - Poison Jab
    - Rock Slide
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Blaze Kick

Zapdos
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Pressure
    Item: Life Orb
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Hidden Power (Grass)

Greninja
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Protean
    Item: Focus Sash
    - Scald
    - Spikes
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam

Hope this team works cause I'm at a loss on which Pokemon to use.

EDIT: Lost relatively quickly with this team. Anybody got any suggestions for Pokemon to use?
    Last edited by Greedy Chibi; 15th December 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast