Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

For singles, I used a Mega Charizard Y, Garchomp and Rotom-W. I didn't have much difficulty as Rock types weren't common during my Singles run and neither were any Chlorophyll users. My main type would have to be to not use set-up sweepers (That are frail) as you don't know hat the AI will pull out of it's ***. From what I see in your team Chibi, Blaziken doesn't fit Battle Maison (Honestly, I can't even use the thing on Showdown). The best thing to do would be to run a fast and strong Mega as a lead (i.e. Charizard X/Y, Pinsir, Houndoom, Manectric, Absol or Lucario).

For Charizard X: on the first turn use Dragon Dance, the destroy using Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw, roosting off damage when necessary.
    For Charizard Y: just hit with whatever's super-effective, but don't forget Roost. Do not be afraid to switch out if a threat is present.
    For Pinsir: set-up with Swords Dance if possible, otherwise abuse Quick Attack, Return and Close Combat.
    For Houndoom: try to lead with Sunny Day, the proceed to blow up everything with Fire Blast, Dark Pulse and Solar Beam.
    For Manectric: same thing as MegaYzard, just hit for super-effective damage.
    For Absol: this guy's a mixed sweeper in my eyes, being able to run a devastating Bolt/Beam, Rough Play, Sucker Punching set.
    For Lucario: lead with either Nasty Plot or Swords Dance, going for absolute obliteration with this guy. The only thing that can stop a +2 Mega Luke is status and Banded Conkeldurr Mach Punches.

As with all Megas, status is their bane. Make sure you have a healer on your team that can switch-in to almost anything - such as Clefable, Chansey or Miltank - and use Aromatherapy or Heal Bell. Finally, make sure you have a second sweeper that excels in the area opposite of your Mega and pairs well with them (i.e. Mega Doom, Clefable and Tangrowth or Chlorophyll Leafeon). After that it's all luck.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    EDIT: Lost relatively quickly with this team. Anybody got any suggestions for Pokemon to use?
    I'll always suggest the use of a support Pokémon, as that's what worked for me. Dual screener lead is so useful.

Thanks for the tips iTarTar and Milennin. Going to get a Dual screener, possibly Prankster Meowstic as he gets access to Safeguard as well. I'm probably going to use a Mega Lucario as I don't like Charizard X or Mega Manectric and I don't have Houndoom or Charizard Y's Mega stones yet. I'll need to decide on whether or not to keep Greninja/Zapdos or use a different Pokemon in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    For singles, I used a Mega Charizard Y, Garchomp and Rotom-W. I didn't have much difficulty as Rock types weren't common during my Singles run and neither were any Chlorophyll users. My main type would have to be to not use set-up sweepers (That are frail) as you don't know hat the AI will pull out of it's ***. From what I see in your team Chibi, Blaziken doesn't fit Battle Maison (Honestly, I can't even use the thing on Showdown). The best thing to do would be to run a fast and strong Mega as a lead (i.e. Charizard X/Y, Pinsir, Houndoom, Manectric, Absol or Lucario).

For Charizard X: on the first turn use Dragon Dance, the destroy using Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw, roosting off damage when necessary.
    For Charizard Y: just hit with whatever's super-effective, but don't forget Roost. Do not be afraid to switch out if a threat is present.
    For Pinsir: set-up with Swords Dance if possible, otherwise abuse Quick Attack, Return and Close Combat.
    For Houndoom: try to lead with Sunny Day, the proceed to blow up everything with Fire Blast, Dark Pulse and Solar Beam.
    For Manectric: same thing as MegaYzard, just hit for super-effective damage.
    For Absol: this guy's a mixed sweeper in my eyes, being able to run a devastating Bolt/Beam, Rough Play, Sucker Punching set.
    For Lucario: lead with either Nasty Plot or Swords Dance, going for absolute obliteration with this guy. The only thing that can stop a +2 Mega Luke is status and Banded Conkeldurr Mach Punches.

As with all Megas, status is their bane. Make sure you have a healer on your team that can switch-in to almost anything - such as Clefable, Chansey or Miltank - and use Aromatherapy or Heal Bell. Finally, make sure you have a second sweeper that excels in the area opposite of your Mega and pairs well with them (i.e. Mega Doom, Clefable and Tangrowth or Chlorophyll Leafeon). After that it's all luck.
    All this is good advice, I am only going to add have a moxie pokemon as a clean up pokemon. I used Garchomp to punch holes in their team then used Moxie Gyarados to finish off, getting that lovely attack boost. When extra power needed just go mega and sweep.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    Thanks for the tips iTarTar and Milennin. Going to get a Dual screener, possibly Prankster Meowstic as he gets access to Safeguard as well. I'm probably going to use a Mega Lucario as I don't like Charizard X or Mega Manectric and I don't have Houndoom or Charizard Y's Mega stones yet. I'll need to decide on whether or not to keep Greninja/Zapdos or use a different Pokemon in their place.
    Get rid of Zapdos and use a Goodra instead. Goodra does most of the work on my team with mega Kangaskhan to finish the job if Goodra goes down.

Goodra
    Nature: Modest/Timid (mine is using modest)
    Ability: Gooey
    Item: Assault Vest
    252SpA/252Spe/4HP
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    Thunderbolt

Assault Vest Goodra takes on special attackers like a champ. Even super effective moves have a hard time bringing down Goodra. You have to be wary of physical attackers because of its lackluster defense. Gooey helps a lot by making it easier to revenge kill as long as your next pokemon has a decent speed. Dragon pulse is obviously the STAB move. Great for taking out other dragons and anything that only takes neutral damage from your other moves. Ice beam and thunderbolt are for coverage while Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave is mainly for fairies. I thought about replacing ice beam or thunderbolt with flamethrower but so far I have been happy with this set up.
    FC 3351-5069-8758
    Dark type friend safari with Pawniard, Crawdaunt, and Liepard

3x Shiny Halloween 2013 Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Drifblim

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Cactus View Post
    Get rid of Zapdos and use a Goodra instead. Goodra does most of the work on my team with mega Kangaskhan to finish the job if Goodra goes down.

Goodra
    Nature: Modest/Timid (mine is using modest)
    Ability: Gooey
    Item: Assault Vest
    252SpA/252Spe/4HP
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    Thunderbolt

Assault Vest Goodra takes on special attackers like a champ. Even super effective moves have a hard time bringing down Goodra. You have to be wary of physical attackers because of its lackluster defense. Gooey helps a lot by making it easier to revenge kill as long as your next pokemon has a decent speed. Dragon pulse is obviously the STAB move. Great for taking out other dragons and anything that only takes neutral damage from your other moves. Ice beam and thunderbolt are for coverage while Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave is mainly for fairies. I thought about replacing ice beam or thunderbolt with flamethrower but so far I have been happy with this set up.
    This sounds like a great set, I think I'll give it a try. Luckily a good friend of mine traded me one of her spare Gooey Goomy with 31/X/31/31/31/31. Just need to breed for a Modest one cause the one she gave me is Gentle.

My final team will probably be:

Meowstic (Male)
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Prankster
    Item: Light Clay
    IVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 6 Sp.Atk (I want Max HP so I'm almost guaranteed to get up both screens and potentially Safeguard as well)
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Safeguard
    - Psychic

Lucario
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Adaptability
    Item: Lucarionite
    IVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake

And the Goodra set Covert Cactus recommended. Sounds like a pretty solid team to me.

Thanks for all the advice everyone

Back from a break from the Maison. Made some small changes to my Super Rotation team, and it's doing a lot better already. Made it to 40 without too much resistence, but lost to the AI getting lucky with criticals in a match I could and should have easily won otherwise. Hoping to make it to the 50 next try.

So, this took up at least 20 minutes of my day: 24MW-WWWW-WWW3-PGTS.

Good thing I had two Steel types to render Cresselia useless, but I can't tell you how awful Double Team/Protect/Toxic/Moonlight + Leftovers is unless you see how long this took.

And yes, as you can tell, I'm doing Rotation Battles here. I got the temptation to try it out even though Super Double, Triple and Multi still await me. With two days worth of breeding and EV training, I beat Morgan in Super Rotation. 7SZG-WWWW-WWW3-PGU2

My team in more detail is as follows.

Klefki @ Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster
    Nature: Careful
    EV's: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Thunder Wave
    -Foul Play

Obviously a Dual Screener, and Klefki's Prankster and typing make him perfect for this. Crits aside, this guy isn't getting OHKO'ed at all, so getting both screens and even a T-Wave wasn't a problem if I needed it. Foul Play does huge damage on high Attack Pokemon as well, and it came in handy for a few battles too.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Scrappy --> Parental Bond
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
    -Return
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Power-Up Punch

The main sweeper. After a screen or two, depending on my opponents, I'd usually swap straight to Power-Up Punch (not Mega evolving if fighting Ghosts), and Return usually did the rest. Status messed me up at times, but it wasn't enough to stop Kangaskhan from denting the opponents so someone else could clean up. If this isn't OP, I don't know what is.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Super Luck
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 252 HP / 206 SpA / 52 Spe
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Aura Sphere
    -Air Slash
    -Roost

I went with bulky Togekiss here because having two set-up sweepers seemed like a bad idea. This also allowed Togekiss to act as a ridiculous tank, though Kangaskhan did a lot of the sweeping. Super Luck is there because the Togepi I found in the FS had it, and it had near flawless IV's all around, so I went with it. It's a more useful ability than Serene Grace, since that would only affect Air Slash, which not only went largely unused, but Togekiss isn't outspeeding things with this spread anyway. I almost considered Scope Lens for 50% crits, but Leftovers recovery is vital.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Stance Change
    Nature: Brave
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 SpA
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Ball
    -Iron Head

Would you believe if I said my worst IV bred Pokemon is the reason I got to Morgan? Well, it's true. My MM'ed Shiny Aegislash was mostly filler because I was too lazy to wait for Latios next week, who would have complemented my weaknesses better. But thanks to Weakness Policy activating against a -2 Manectric's Overheat, I was able to avoid a loss with Shadow Sneak spam. Then, my battle video at the beginning of the post (I don't expect anyone to sit through the whole thing) is another reason I didn't lose right before fighting Morgan. The set is a standard Mixed Wallbreaker, and he did his job well.

Only Klefki and Kangaskhan are 5 IV Pokemon, with Togekiss having near perfect IV's all around (plus perfect HP, SpA and SpD thanks to FS), and shiny Aegislash only having perfect Att and SpD with near perfect Speed (y u do this RNG?!). Regardless, I think I'll move to Doubles next, after I try some more Rotation to see how far I go.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Lol, I don't know how, but this is the 3rd time I lose Super Rotation on streak between 35-40. Not even to a counter to my team, not even to something that should normally be able to take out my team. It's like the AI goes LOLNOPE and pulls off a critical hit at the right moment, on the right move, against the right Pokémon to screw me over. ****ing ***holes.=/

I hate Rotation battles, but there's no way I'm giving up on it now. If the AI thought they could protect their precious 50 streak from getting pwned they're wrong (LOL). I'll make sure they're gonna get pwned, and it won't be pretty (lol again).
    Last edited by Milennin; 19th December 2013 at 4:06 PM.

I'm considering making a trickroom team for Rotation battles, this is something I had in mind

Mawile
    Ability: Intimidate -> huge power
    Item: Mawilite
    EVs: Max hp and attack, and 4 extra points into special defense
    - Substitute
    - Play Rough
    - Crunch
    - Swords dance/Stone Edge

Mawile is here to do most of the dirty work. After trick room is up it outspeeds most Pokémon, and very few can survive a hit from this little monster. Mawile is always in the lead spot because of intimidate, which is very good in rotations because they never switch out.

Reuniclus
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Magic guard
    Item: Toxic orb
    EVs: Max hp and special attack, and 4 extra points in defense
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Energy ball
    - Trick

One of the trickroom setters and abusers. Went with toxic orb so it gives me an immunity to status, and tricking a toxic orb and receiving something better is always nice. Energy ball is because I have some trouble with water/ground types

Dusknoir
    Ability: Pressure
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: Max hp and attack, and 4 extra in special defense
    - Fire punch
    - Earthquake
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Trick Room

Second trickroom setter/abuser. Moves are basicly to get around nasty steel types with otherwise might be a lot of trouble, and WoW for dealing with pyshical mons

I'm not really sure about the 4rd member yet, I was thinking about conkeldurr but thought my team might be a bit too physical then, any suggestions?
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Gah, finally won the Super Rotations. Man, that took longer than it should have, but what matters is the result. The battle against the Chatelaine was really easy, didn't even need to use my Absol and Gardevoir in it. Video for anyone who's interested: CTXW - WWWW - WWW3 - QU2B

Meowstic @ Light Clay
    Modest, Prankster
    HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    Went for the male Meowstic with Prankster after all. It works very well as opener with Dual Screens. Can deal decent damage, too, if it has to.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Timid, Flame Body
    HP: 242 | DEF: 252 | SPE: 16
    -Roost
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    Volcarona is still the star of my team, doing most of the work. Using 1-3 Quiver Dance, then proceeding to sweep the opposition.

Absol @ Absolite
    Adamant, Super Luck
    HP: 6 | ATK: 252 | SPE: 252
    -Swords Dance
    -Night Slash
    -Sucker Punch
    -Play Rough
    Went for a more aggressive Absol this time around. She can usually survive a hit or two under protection of dual screens. Usually try to make Absol enter the battle when I think it's going to survive a possible hit... Swords Dance + Mega Evolve. If it's still alive after that, your opponent might as well forfeit, because Absol is going to wreck their face.

Gardevoir @ Lum Berry
    Timid, Synchronize
    HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Moonblast
    As always, Gardevoir's my trusty back-up unit in case **** goes bad. Experimented with Will-O-Wisp to cripple physicals or stallers, but ended up using it not that much.

Now all that's left is the Super Multis. Gonna have to think what I'll be using for that.

This team has served me well:

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Timid, Protean
    -Surf
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
    Adamant, Scrappy --> Parental Bond
    -Fake Out
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Return
    -Sucker Punch/Crunch/Earthquake

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Adamant, Multiscale
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -Earthquake
    ~ true Pokemon OG since '98. ~

Black FC: 1506-5247-7964, Trainer 'CG'
    White 2 FC: 4256-1641-1604, Trainer 'Sahel'

3DS / X FC: 3738-0723-5498, Trainer 'Cyril'
    Friend Safari for X: Ghost-type, Phantump/Lampent/Dusclops

currently breeding several 4-5IV Pokes and filling up Dex entries. Planning a 4IV giveaway with the eventual breeding leftovers!

National Dex Status: 411/718

Made it to battle 35 in Super Singles with this team:

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Dazzling Gleam

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Adamant
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Hone Claws
    Flare Blitz
    High Jump Kick
    Protect

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Modest
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spe
    Hydro Pump
    Discharge
    Will-o-Wisp
    Hex

I don't pretend that this is a good team by any means. Lots of close calls, second time around I got screwed by a Focus Sash Alakazam on battle 19 :/ Dazzling Gleam on Gengar because I didn't want to use Focus Blast, Hone Claws on Blaziken to make sure HJK doesn't miss, and Protect to scout and get free Speed boosts, and Hex on Rotom because my Hidden Power is Dark and I don't know what else to give it.

To be honest, Blaziken usually ends up being the least useful team member... It's really hard to find a chance for him to set up, and even then there are still plenty of things he can't kill at +1.

e: I gave Gengar Gengarite and replaced Blaziken with this:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Ability: Multiscale
    Jolly
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    6 HP/252 ATK/252 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Roost
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

We only made it to 26 that time, and I realized pretty early on that Life Orb goes completely against the point of Multiscale, so I swapped it for Lefties, gave Rotom an Assault Vest, and got rid of its Hex and WoW for Shadow Ball and Volt Switch... We'll see how that goes, not particularly confident though. I'm thinking of replacing Dragonite with a set-up sweeper whose STAB doesn't face any immunities, and maybe replacing Gengar with a Scizor.

So I made it to round 29 with my team I posted on an earlier page and I lost because a rhyperior had avalanche and I wasn't expected it since its a 4th gen move.

So I started with Espeon and he almost took down the first pokemon which I forgot what it was lol so I send out garchomp.
    Garchomp kills it and out comes rhyperior so I earthquake it and get it down to half hp then it uses avalanche and down goes garchomp.
    I send out my shiny aegislash and he easily kills off the rhyperior.
    Out comes mandibuzz and I think it confused me then set up 2 nasty plots and then one shot me with dark pulse so I lost.

Think I'm gonna rethink my team I have plenty of options to choose from but it's hard to think which ones will work well with each other. I've iv bred and ev trained almost 2 boxes of things. Might try using something bulky like my ferrothorn or gliscor or my togekiss. I'm not sure if I figure out my team I might post here again if it does well.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

Name:Stacey
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx4.x5. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

My Super Doubles team

Noivern @ King's Rock
    31/x/x/31/x/31
    Timid
    Infiltrator
    4HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Draco Meteor
    Air Slash
    Focus Blast
    Flamethrower

Malamar @ Lax Incense
    x/31/31/x/31/x
    200HP/252Atk/56Def
    Careful
    Contrary
    Superpower
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Topsy Turvy

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    31/x/31/x/x/31
    252Atk/252Def/4Spe
    Impish
    Sand Stream
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Rock Tomb
    Ice Beam

Mawile @ Mawilite
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    252HP/252Atk/4SpDf
    Intimidate > Huge Power
    Adamant
    Swords Dance
    Ice Fang
    Sucker Punch
    Play Rough

All but my Mawile are near perfect statwise. This is essentially the same usage of Draco Meteor+Topsy Turvy a lott of us saw in the Wi-Fi battle preview before the game's release. Whenever I'm lucky enough, I pull off two Draco Meteor's and then reverse the stat drop to make STAB Air Slash and Flamethrower do massive damage.
    Malamar got OHKO'd by Silver Wind without crit somehow, but it takes X-Scissor twice before fainting. The only problem with Topsy Turvy on Noivern is the fact that Draco Meteor misses rarely, but when it does, and it usually happens later into the streak, Malamar wastes a turn and usually has to switch out with Mawile.
    If Noivern and Malamar are finished off, I usually bring out Tyranitar to give my opponents and extra deterrent after near KO's from Mawile's attacks or with Sturdy,
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Aww man, WTF... I make it to battle 41 in Super Singles, with these guys:

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    Jolly
    Multiscale
    6HP/252Atk/252Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Thunder Punch
    EQ
    Dragon Claw

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    Modest
    Levitate
    232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spe
    Hydro Pump
    Thunderbolt
    Rest
    Will-O-Wisp

Gengar @ Gengarite
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    Timid
    Levitate>Shadow Tag
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

and I'm just starting to feel like I might be able to make it to the boss, then a Veteran pulls THREE legendaries (Suicune, Raikou, and Thundurus) on me when I hadn't seen any up to that point. Okay, so only Thundurus was Uber in BW2, and Sui and Rai were both UU, but that didn't really help my poor team. Suicune was a Chesto-Rester with CM and no sleep talk, and that's really one of my team's biggest weaknesses--bulky Pokemon that can take a hit and start boosting. I switched to Rotom against Suicune, her lead, which was really dumb on my part, then got frozen on the switch with Ice Beam... It all went downhill from there.

I think my team faces two main weaknesses:
    1. We can't take status at all. Paralysis and Burn absolutely cripple Dragonite, and while I'd been taking the accusations of anti-team shenanigans by the AI with a grain of salt, I had to wonder after facing like 5 teams in a row with Thunder Wave leads... Confusion is honestly pretty dangerous too, since his Attack gets absurdly high between DD, Swagger users, and WP boosts. Toxic is probably the least concern, but it's still a pain. Mega Gengar is also annihilated by Paralysis and doesn't exactly enjoy getting burned, while Rotom isn't crippled by any status but also can't afford to simply absorb them, especially Poison. Ideally Rotom could block paralysis moves for my crew, but with its Modest nature and reliance on Rest it's not bulky enough to take repeated Thunders to the face.

2. Bulky set-up sweepers. If something gets started with CM after Dragonite has died, it's game over. Actually, a lot of my losses come from losing Dragonite too quickly.

Any suggestions? I'm by no means determined to use any of these Pokemon on my team, by the way.

Thinking about making a doubles team.

Any ideas on where to start? I've never been a doubles player.

Just beat the Elite Four and attempted to do the Battle Maison, I only lasted up to 10 battles (I won each one) before I called it quits, not really a big fan of the rules and regulations of it at all...maybe I will come back to it when I find it necessary...

So, has anyone else had this happen? I've been doing Doubles, and on at least 4 occasions, I've had the opponent Will-o-Wisp their own partner for no reason at all. No Guts activation or anything. Flareon burns its partner Sylveon? What? And a Scrafty suffered the same in another battle. As I noticed this become a recurring issue, I recorded my 36th battle where Chandelure Will-o-Wisped its partner Delphox. The very next battle, Cofagrigus did the same to Golurk. This is not a bad thing at all for me, since it probably saved me on battle 37, but really, this couldn't be normal, could it?

Here are the videos of both battles if anyone can figure something out:
    #36: 8BRW-WWWW-WWW3-URQD
    #37: EWNG-WWWW-WWW3-URQP

Moving on from that bizarre issue, I also made my way to Evelyn and won on my first try. Battle with Evelyn here: ATUG-WWWW-WWW3-URS5

As for my team:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Protean
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Mat Block
    - Protect

So I'm not the first to post here with the Mat Block strategy, but I saw the potential in it, and it totally worked. Alongside SD Garchomp, this was ridiculously effective.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Nature: Jolly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect

So basically with this, I just looked into my Battle Box and suddenly repurposed a Garchomp I trained for singles over to doubles, and with the change from Fire Fang to Protect, this worked pretty well. Dragon Claw over Outrage is self-explanatory in Doubles. I considered Lum Berry in case of burns, but with the above occurrences, Yache Berry was a better choice. Evelyn's Latios miss-haxed it, causing me to get off to an awful start, but on the way there, this was a great team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Super Luck
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 252 HP / 206 SpA / 52 Spe
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Aura Sphere
    - Air Slash
    - Roost

So yeah, same Togekiss from Rotation, which will likely come along for Triples as well. With Garchomp's EQ and Togekiss's Dazzling Gleam, this was a devastating combo. Ice types weren't as big of a worry for me here like I had expected, so that was great.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
    Ability: Blaze --> Speed Boost
    Nature: Adamant
    - Flare Blitz
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect
    - High Jump Kick

So, my Mega, and as you can see, one of my favorite Pokemon ever. I kinda lumped him in last-minute, so I wasn't sure how this would work out, but this guy has so much raw power that SD wasn't ever needed. Blaze is only there because this guy was a near-flawless shiny and he'd Mega Evolve right away in every situation (barely missed perfect Speed, but being shiny instanty overrides that). In the battle with Evelyn, he blazed (pun intended) through all three of the legendary beasts, with a bit of help from Togekiss. He was totally worth the spot, and I'm glad he got the spotlight in this fight.

Next, I'll move onto Triple, with slight modifications to my team. I might just wait for Pokebank and use the Terrakion + Beat Up strategy, but I'll see how things work. The Mat Block strategy works well already, so I might use that instead.

EDIT: Can't believe this thread is so empty. Must be the Pokebank stuff. Anyway, I actually made it through Triples as well without switching anything on my old team. I simply added Klefki again (Thunder Wave --> Safeguard), and put in Zapdos with the moveset of Thunderbolt, Discharge, Hidden Power [Ground] and Roost with Magnet held. Not the best moveset, but it was all I really needed. Garchomp worked well with this, and Zapdos actually got a lot of usage. Looks like the Modest nature may have helped put some power behind those attacks. One of Thunderbolt or HP [Ground] would have been replaced with Heat Wave if tutors were available, but it all turned out fine.

As with Evelyn, Dana was also kinda tough, though the hax against me was minimal (her Registeel outsped Timid Greninja after one Rock Polish, much to my surprise for an Iron Head flinch). Things were mostly in my favor, which was great. Triples takes a long time, even with animations off. Now I only need Multi to officially conquer all of the Maison. What I might do is simply trade over Greninja and Togekiss over to my brother's game and use both of them to win as if it was Doubles anyway. My brother doesn't really care about the Maison, but he'll appreciate the BP and trophy, I'm sure. I might not do that, but it's quite probable. I've never done so much in a battle facility like this, so I'll do whatever it takes to finish up Multi.

Battle with Dana: L3MW-WWWW-WWW3-VBPX
    Last edited by Psynergy; 26th December 2013 at 3:35 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I have a silly question. I don't usually do any of the battle challenge places in the games, so I have no idea if the pokemon you see while battling are tracked in the pokedex.

Does anyone know if they are?
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    I have a silly question. I don't usually do any of the battle challenge places in the games, so I have no idea if the pokemon you see while battling are tracked in the pokedex.

Does anyone know if they are?
    No, they don't, though it wouldn't make a huge difference if they did or not.

Meanwhile, I've officially conquered all the Battle Maison. So I tried cheating the Multi Battle aspect by using my team from Doubles, but that got screwed over by a crit hax on battle 46. Since you can't turn off animations when allied with a real friend, I decided to give up that strategy and try one of my friend AI partners.

I settled with one using a Timid Specs Latios (Maison uses perfect IV's making it easier to figure out). Moveset being Draco Meteor, Energy Ball, Psychic and Thunder, and it worked just fine. It's like the partner AI gets the same AI hax that the opponents get, since Thunder hit more often than not, and Draco Meteor crit at very convenient times. Partnered it with my Mega Blaziken from before, and got rid of the useless Swords Dance for Earthquake. This ended up being a good call since Adamant Mega Blaziken OHKO's so many things without a boost anyway, and he rarely gets a chance to boost outside of Singles.

I also brought Togekiss along, since he's proved very reliable in the past. This was no different, with Dazzling Gleam being a clean 2HKO on many things ignoring my partner's moves. The other Pokemon was Escavalier, which was crucial against the Trick Room teams that often screw me over in these facilities. This guy was Adamant with max HP and Att investment, knowing Iron Defense, Iron Head, Megahorn and Poison Jab. As with Latios, the questionable moveset actually was a great help. Now at 1,474 BP, I'm done with the Maison, at least unless I plan to get the Lansat/Starf Berries sometime down the road.

Battle with Nita and Morgan: GFFG-WWWW-WWW3-VUFS

I'm at round 91 in super snigles with this team:
    Kangaskhan @ Kanghaskanite
    31/31/30/31/31/31
    4HP/252ATK/252Spe
    Jolly

Return
    PuP
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch

Gengar@ Black sludge
    x/x/31/31/31/31
    252SpA/252Spe/4HP
    Timid
    Dazzling gleam
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute
    Disable

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    31/31/x/31/31/31
    252Atk/252Spe/4HP
    Rough skin
    Jolly
    Swords Dance
    Eartquake
    Iron Head
    Dragon Claw

It's not that difficult, because the AI sends me a lot of fighting types for M.Khan or status attacks, all of them are taken care easy with gengar thanks to sub-disable.
    Almost everything is destroyed with mega khan alone, only rare pokemon like spiritomb with Wow sucker punch pain split and the berry that lets you attack first in a pinch.

@Psynergy i experienced the same thing in some battles ... For some reason a weezing burned his dragon dancing gyarados partner. I don't remember if it was in a multi battle or a regular doubles.

In multi battles i'm out of luck, 99% of my battle partners are either garbage or earquake/surf abusers. I lost a battle in round 42 i think because my partner spamed eartquake non stop and killed my 2 pokemon. It's so frustrating >.<, dude you deal more damage with Aerial Ace against a grass type why earthquake?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by mankarp View Post
    @Psynergy i experienced the same thing in some battles ... For some reason a weezing burned his dragon dancing gyarados partner. I don't remember if it was in a multi battle or a regular doubles.
    Ah, so I'm not the only one getting this experience. My game isn't broken, then. That's really weird, though. I can only wonder what's causing that to happen, though. Unless this also happened in the Subway as well. I never tried doubles in the Subway, so I wouldn't know.

I have to say, light clay dual screens klefki is an amazing partner to belly drum azumarill and basically anything u want to use to set up because it gives your entire time additional bulk for 8 turns. battle maison doesnt have much against those two but i like to use charizard Y with these two

i would recommend a rock-type move on any one of these pokemon because infiltrators are all weak to them and they are a dual screeners worst nightmare
    Last edited by Greninja VI; 27th December 2013 at 6:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

My team is as follows in my personal favorite order of use.

Aegislash AKA Cloud: Impish +Defense -Special Attack w/ Leftovers
    Ev spread was given to 252 Def, 252 HP, and 4 on Atk

Both a HUGE wall with King's Shield and sweeper when using 2 Swords Dance and combo of Sacred Sword or Iron Head (don't feel the need for the 3rd Swords Dance)

Kangaskhan AKA Lorien Eve: Adamant +Attack -Special Attack w/ Kangaskhanite
    Ev spread is 252 Atk, 252 Spd, and 4 Def

Great sweeper, priority hitter, or clean up Poke. Very VERY reliable, this punk has saved me from many battles alone at times.

Garchomp AKA Leviathan: Jolly +Speed -Special Attack w/ Quick Claw... Although I may make the switch to a choice scarf.
    Ev spread is 252 Atk, 252 Spd, and 4 Def

Also a great closer because of its speed. Out speeds Gengar and other Garchomps, unless one of them has a scarf.
    Still, very powerful and quick to hit when I need a hit and a big one at that.

What I like about this team is that they're each reliable given certain trainers. Most times I would only need one of each to sweep entire teams.

I'm thinking of bringing up a Chandeleur but I'm afraid it's defenses are what will cripple it. Maybe it's Special Attack will be enough to convince me.

Just wanted to finish with... That this team has gotten me a streak of 52. Only reason I lost was I beat myself up on a confused Garchomp lol. I have more tweaking to do.
    Last edited by redven; 28th December 2013 at 8:45 AM.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast