Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Still have my streak of 50 on super multi and do not want to lose it. Can someone convince me to go back and try for the berries? >.>

BP wise, its a great place to get it. But I think the designs of the Battle Chatelaine's are lacking.
    FORMER Fairy Gym Leader
    Alvar Badge
    Elve Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) FairyWitch(userbar)

I love the Battle Maison. As Sylpheon said, BP wise, it is soooo great.
    But there are things that annoy me so much, like in the battle subway or these kind of things.
    Being defeated by a Minimize Dusknoir isn't all that great, hax may be a part of this game, but please... no minimize...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Reached round 35 with this team:

Gengar♀ @ Gengarite
    Ability: Levitate/Shadow Tag(ME)
    Timid
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    4 HP/252 SpA /252 Spe
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt

Gardevoir♀ @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    Calm
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
    Moonblast
    Will-O-Wisp
    Wish
    Protect

Arcanine♂ @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Adamant
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    72 HP/252 Atk/8 SpD/176 Spe
    Flare Blitz
    Crunch
    Close Combat
    Morning Sun

Gengar gets me a lot of quick KO's. Gardevoir has proven me to be very reliable on taking hits and can hit pretty hard with moonblast as well. Arcanine is there for more coverage and can hit very hard.

I'm experiencing some difficulties with types I can't hit with super effective moves, like ground and poison. Most of the times the incredible SpA of (Mega)Gengar or Gardevoir burning the opponents will do the trick, but I'm looking for some new, better, ways to deal with my difficulties. I would appreciate any advise you could give me.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark; 2nd January 2014 at 5:14 PM.

~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | Chain Fishing Quest X |~

~ Current hunts ~
    HG BQ #3: (2,225SR's/11,125seen) || Masuda Method X: (240 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark View Post
    I'm experiencing some difficulties with types I can't hit with super effective moves, like ground and poison. Most of the times the incredible SpA of (Mega)Gengar or Gardevoir burning the opponents will do the trick, but I'm looking for some new, better, ways to deal with my difficulties. I would any advise you could give me.

Thanks in advance!
    You may want to look into Calm Mind on Gardevoir. This not only boosts its special defense, allowing it to tank more special hits, while concurrently increasing the power of Moonblast, helping Gardevoir to muscle past Pokemon that resist it.

Sunny Day is also an option on Arcanine to increase the power of Flare Blitz (this would do even more with Fire Blast + Solar Beam, but your Arcanine is Adamant). Morning Sun's recovery is also boosted by Sunny Day.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    You may want to look into Calm Mind on Gardevoir. This not only boosts its special defense, allowing it to tank more special hits, while concurrently increasing the power of Moonblast, helping Gardevoir to muscle past Pokemon that resist it.

Sunny Day is also an option on Arcanine to increase the power of Flare Blitz (this would do even more with Fire Blast + Solar Beam, but your Arcanine is Adamant). Morning Sun's recovery is also boosted by Sunny Day.
    Thanks! Will definitely consider this. I'm just doubting which move I should lose for Calm Mind: Will-o-wisp or protect?

~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | Chain Fishing Quest X |~

~ Current hunts ~
    HG BQ #3: (2,225SR's/11,125seen) || Masuda Method X: (240 eggs)

I haven't taken on the Battle Maison seriously yet, but I have to say I love that we can change the battle music. This makes it so much more bearable then Battle Towers already. I use to hate the regular Battle Tower music by the time I got to the leaders.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Just finished the normal battles cant wait to start the super
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

I'm gonna need to do a lot more maison soon since I'm going for the national dex and will need the evolution items still haven't fully decided on my team yet I kind of like my rotom w lead since it has duel status so I either burn or paralyse anything unless I know I can 1 shot it but other than that I'm not sure who would compliment rotom w well.

I have plenty of pokemon to choose from but I'm unsure of who would work well together and I'm not sure on which mega would do best in the maison ( I have all megastones) so I was thinking maybe having rotom as a sort of tank/stautus inflictor/ spec attacker then maybe having 1 physical attacker and one special attacker but idk if I figure out my team ill be sure to post what it ends up being but of anyone has any tips they would be most appreciated.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

Name:Stacey
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx4.x5. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

So, I'm thinking of making a 3 Pokemon Trick Room Team for going into Super Singles to alternate into after every 10 or so battles.

I already have:
    Mawile @ Mawilite
    Adamant Nature
    Intimidate-->Huge Power
    31/31/31/X/31/31
    252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Spd
    Sucker Punch
    Swords Dance
    Iron Head
    Play Rough

And I'm thinking of using
    Reuniclus @ ???
    Quiet Nature
    Magic Guard
    31/X/31/31/31/X
    252 SpA/???
    Trick Room
    Focus Blast
    Psychic
    Energy Ball

as my second Pokemon and I have no clue about what my third should be. I'm thinking Dusknoir at the moment but I'm not sure... Any ideas? I also am still not sure about Reuniclus's EV Spread, Hold Item, and Moveset either.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Hi! New to the thread here, but have been following Serebii for a while. Real interesting strategies thrown out here; I've incorporated the common Truant-Durant method into my strategy for Super Singles. I got stopped at 35-wins, but I'm in the middle of re-challenging, and have surpassed that record now. Hope to get to Nita this time.

If anyone's curious about what I use, here's my team. Be warned that I'm kind of new, so I'm not as refined as everyone here (case in point: Stats). If anyone has any training tips for how I can focus on strengthening certain stats, please let me know! I'm always eager to learn more.

Blaziken (Mega Stone; Effect: Speed Boost)
    (Stats at Level 100: 301 Atk, 172 Def, 266 SpAtk, 173 SpDef, 189 Spd)
    Protect
    Double Kick
    Brave Bird
    Hone Claws

Obviously, this is the main wringer I've been counting on for most of my battles. I have Durant use Entrainment, and if it isn't knocked out, I switch it to Blaziken. On turns when Truant isn't active, I use Protect, and then use Hone Claws up to six times for as much Attack and Accuracy as possible, all while he speeds up to the max. My main weaknesses, of course, are when an enemy Pokémon uses Roar, or even Haze to undo all my hard work with Hone Claws. If a Pokémon manages to land a hit, sometimes Blaziken survives, sometimes it doesn't. It's given me most of my wins so far, though. I picked Blaziken, because I eventually needed a Pokémon that was fast enough, and I needed one with enough neutral attacks in its repertoire. Amongst my Pokémon, the only one that fits that description is Blaziken; it's Brave Bird can deal with pesky Fairy-types and Psychic- and Ghost-types, and its Double Kick can deal with the pesky Steel- and Rock-types that might have a Sturdy ability or a Focus Sash. Obviously, there are safer solutions in this thread, but this is what has worked for me so far.

Durant (Choice Scarf; Effect: Truant)
    (Stats at Level 50: 122 Atk, 125 Def, 59 SpAtk, 73 SpDef, 127 Spd)
    Fury Cutter
    Crunch
    Entrainment
    Iron Head

This is the ultimate deciding factor in many of my battles, really. It's all a game of chance; will Durant be fast enough? Will Durant successfully land Entrainment? I've had a few hiccups, but he's been largely successful. That will probably change as I get into the 40's in Super Singles, but I'm experimenting. He's proven to be a pretty tough bugger so far, though he's had some close calls, of course. When this guy's beaten before I can implement the strategy, then I have to rely on luck and Type advantages. Trying to brainstorm ways to improve chances; I might just level him up all the way to 100 and see if I can't improve his stats any.

Gardevoir (Mega Stone; Ability: Synchronize)
    (Level 100 Stats: 169 Atk, 171 Def, 339 SpAtk, 273 SpDef, 211 Spd)
    Moonblast
    Magical Leaf
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Finally, Gardevoir. I needed a third Pokémon to round out the team, and after a little experimentation, Gardevoir yielded the best results for me. Blaziken and Durant are fairly physical in their attacks, and Gardevoir is mostly Special Attack. The AI sometimes catches onto my mostly physical attacks, and strengthens their defenses as a result. Gardevoir doesn't have the greatest speed, but it deals out fairly good damage; if it doesn't finish the job, it comes pretty close most of the time. Since I run into Water-types a fair amount, I had it cover that weakness should Blaziken not be enough of a wringer. I like type advantages, but I don't quite have an elemental team at the moment. It has a Mega Stone, because I wasn't quite sure what item would be appropriate for Gardevoir, and I wanted another Mega in my arsenal in case I didn't get to use Blaziken's. I am adaptable, though, if anyone has any suggestions; I have nearly 900 BP, and over 2 mil in money, so money/BP wouldn't be an issue.

Overall, not the greatest team, but it has worked for me so far. Does rely on luck a bit, so I wouldn't recommend it, unless you like taking risks. I like to play with favorites, but I'm capable of adjusting my strategy should the need arise. Best advice for me might be in regards to training specific stats, as I've never understood EVs/IVs properly, regrettably. But I am willing to learn. I'll be checking this thread out occasionally, so feel free to offer your two cents; or don't, if it's too troublesome. Great strategies so far, though!

Trainer Name: Obito
    3DS FC: 2852-8153-8863
    Last edited by Obito888; 4th January 2014 at 6:43 AM.

I've done well in Super Single with a team made of Metagross, Chandelure and Dragonite (EV train and IV train), but I realised at my 35th battle that I had a real Houndoom weakness because of Will-O-Wisp that only my Chandelure can take. Since it is Choice scarf, I only have attacking moves and I am wrecked by sucker punch. I'll find a team one day, and I'll beat this place...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Just complete super doubles. Not going to lie, way too easy with Greninja and mega Kangaskhan using mat block and power up punch first turn. Now to choose which to move onto, triples or rotation, also anyone got tips for rotation battles? Thanks.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Just complete super doubles. Not going to lie, way too easy with Greninja and mega Kangaskhan using mat block and power up punch first turn. Now to choose which to move onto, triples or rotation, also anyone got tips for rotation battles? Thanks.
    Okay, so I'd recommend trying Triples next. It's practically the same as Doubles, but if you add a Safeguard user (Klefki, Meowstic, etc.), then you're invincible the first turn unless the opponent has Fake Out or Quick Claw hax. As for Rotation, I'd recommend dual screens alongside your Mega Kangaskhan to make for an easier time setting up, especially since you can simply look at the opposing side and determine what screen to put up. Behind a Reflect, not even a Medicham High Jump Kick can OHKO Mega Kangaskhan while it gets a Power-Up Punch off. Outside of that, I don't know what else to say, since there is the factor of switching that needs to be considered, and that's tough on its own. The screens help out with easing the pain of a mistaken prediction, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Okay, so I'd recommend trying Triples next. It's practically the same as Doubles, but if you add a Safeguard user (Klefki, Meowstic, etc.), then you're invincible the first turn unless the opponent has Fake Out or Quick Claw hax. As for Rotation, I'd recommend dual screens alongside your Mega Kangaskhan to make for an easier time setting up, especially since you can simply look at the opposing side and determine what screen to put up. Behind a Reflect, not even a Medicham High Jump Kick can OHKO Mega Kangaskhan while it gets a Power-Up Punch off. Outside of that, I don't know what else to say, since there is the factor of switching that needs to be considered, and that's tough on its own. The screens help out with easing the pain of a mistaken prediction, though.
    Thanks, was thinking having Klefki with dual screens, safeguard, and play rough. . Do screens work for all 3 pokemon if Klefki was on the left, or does he need to be in the middle?

Thanks, was thinking having Klefki with dual screens, safeguard, and play rough. . Do screens work for all 3 pokemon if Klefki was on the left, or does he need to be in the middle?
    Nah, he doesn't need to be in the middle. Screens and Safeguard still work on all three Pokemon regardless of what side he's on. And for that last attack, I might consider Foul Play or Dazzling Gleam. Foul Play works great since that's more dependent on the opponent's attack, but Dazzling Gleam can deal some nice chip damage to two opponents. I don't know, Klefki does have some nice freedom on which attacking move to run, so I guess it would be best to just choose what you feel would help the most. I only ever tried Foul Play, but now that I think of it, Play Rough and Dazzling Gleam both have their advantages.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Nah, he doesn't need to be in the middle. Screens and Safeguard still work on all three Pokemon regardless of what side he's on. And for that last attack, I might consider Foul Play or Dazzling Gleam. Foul Play works great since that's more dependent on the opponent's attack, but Dazzling Gleam can deal some nice chip damage to two opponents. I don't know, Klefki does have some nice freedom on which attacking move to run, so I guess it would be best to just choose what you feel would help the most. I only ever tried Foul Play, but now that I think of it, Play Rough and Dazzling Gleam both have their advantages.
    I know should be more in the EV/IV thread but what EV's you run on your Klefki? I have 1 Pre-bred for this occasion but its still UT.

I know should be more in the EV/IV thread but what EV's you run on your Klefki? I have 1 Pre-bred for this occasion but its still UT.
    Mine was 5IV Careful with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. I don't know whether boosting Special Defense or Defense is better, but mine came from a friend, so I went along with it. Pretty much just max HP and whatever defensive stat is being boosted.

Mine was 5IV Careful with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. I don't know whether boosting Special Defense or Defense is better, but mine came from a friend, so I went along with it. Pretty much just max HP and whatever defensive stat is being boosted.
    I have 5 IV Calm nature missing special attack. I'm tempted to split the defense EV's but keep max HP as I cant choose which stat would be best to boost. But tbh This Klefki is just to set up screens and safeguard whilst greninja and Mega Kangaskhan ruin the opposition.

I have 5 IV Calm nature missing special attack. I'm tempted to split the defense EV's but keep max HP as I cant choose which stat would be best to boost. But tbh This Klefki is just to set up screens and safeguard whilst greninja and Mega Kangaskhan ruin the opposition.
    I suppose since it's screens you're running, I can see the benefits of splitting the EV's. Giving it some investment in both defenses would definitely keep it from being KO'ed from its uninvested side,and screens will boost it either way. It is your team, after all, so if it works, then it works.

I've never been great at the battle facilities, so I was surprised at my progress at the Maison. Went through 59 battles on Super Singles on the first try with DD Dragonite, Mega Kanga, and my in-game Chesnaught (lol) which I used like twice throughout the whole run. I lost against a Cofagrigus with Will-O-Wisp :'( I realllly hate status, oh boy. I used to have Weakness Policy on Dragonite which was kinda fun but I ended up trading it for a Lum Berry cause pokes with Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp are absolutely rampant. I think I'll replace Chesnaught with Aegislash or Azumarill when I get back to Singles later. Not the most original options lol but they're reliable.

Now I've never been good at Doubles, so I'm not sure where to start...
    Last edited by Kirthey; 4th January 2014 at 10:12 PM.

I normally suck big time when it comes to the battle facilities but now that i have gotten into IV breeding i think it will change but i am still a novice in competitive battling but i have actually decent when it comes to the Super Multi battle, I managed to get a friend with an awesome team that i can actually rely on to do most of the battling since i suck at it, they are a COM team mate but her/his/its? team goes well with my team, here is the set up

COM has a Heatran @ Shuca Berry with Attacks:
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    Solar Beam
    Earth Power

as well as a Registeel holding a leftovers
    Attacks:

Amnesia
    Iron Defense
    Charge Beam
    Flash Cannon

I use a Charizard as my first while COM uses the Heatran first the reason for this is that as soon as we begin I mega Evolve Charizard into his Y form, so now my team is a Mega-evolved Charizard Y teamed up with a Flash Fire Heatran, Char Y has its ability of Drought so now these 2 fire beasts hit harder, take reduced water damage and Charizard Y can use Solar Beam without having to wait two turns thanks to its ability, Heatran can also use Solar Beam and with its Flash Fire the other team can't benefit from using fire attacks on Heatran (useful since Heatrans Dual Fire/Steel typing makes it take the normal damage a pure Fire type would normally find not as effective, I normally leave the battling to COM because my team isn't constructed well and Charizard faints after one Rock Slide (which seems really common on the opposing Pokemon in the Maison)

Actually managed to beat Super Singles with Durant, Blaziken, and Gardevoir, and the streak is still ongoing. Not gonna lie, luck is still a part of the strategy, but I've improved its chances a bit by giving Gardevoir a Red Card to make the opposing Pokémon switched out, if it somehow avoided Durant's Entrainment, and I raised Durant's Speed with Carbos. Only thing that typically got in Durant's way was Protect/Detect and Fake Out. If a Pokémon had Quick Claw, which was not all that common in my streak, I didn't hit the Pokémon until Blaziken was going through the opponent's team; Speed, Attack, and Accuracy maxed out courtesy of Speed Boost, Protect, and Hone Claws, and that in turn made the thing faster than most of the Pokémon unless the opponent had Quick Claw, used Protect/Detect, or used Fake Out (the only exception wasn't until Nita's Tornadus, and I got lucky when it chose to use Double Team instead of attacking). Here's the final stats of my team.

Blaziken (Mega Stone; Effect: Speed Boost)
    (Stats at Level 100: 301 Atk, 172 Def, 266 SpAtk, 173 SpDef, 189 Spd)
    Protect
    Double Kick
    Brave Bird
    Hone Claws

Durant (Choice Scarf; Effect: Truant)
    (Stats at Level 50: 122 Atk, 125 Def, 59 SpAtk, 73 SpDef, 136 Spd)
    Fury Cutter
    Crunch
    Entrainment
    Iron Head

Gardevoir (Red Card; Ability: Synchronize)
    (Level 100 Stats: 169 Atk, 171 Def, 339 SpAtk, 273 SpDef, 211 Spd)
    Moonblast
    Magical Leaf
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Again, not the most perfect team, but they were flexible enough as a team that if I failed to perform the strategy right, Gardevoir could knock out some enemy Pokémon and even the odds a bit. If I could raise perfectly trained Pokémon, I'm sure the strategy would have slightly improved chances; I'm still working on that, though.

Now I'm onto Super Doubles...

Trainer Name: Obito
    3DS FC: 2852-8153-8863

Just completed Super Triple battles. I nearly lost it all on round 46. It goes up tomorrow but here code anyway JMXW-WWWW-WWW4-C2ET.

I have Klefki (left), Mega Kangaskhan (mid), Greninja (right) up first.
    Opposition sends out Zapdos (left), Regirock (mid), Latios (right).

Turn 1
    Starts off like you'd expect Klefki safeguards, MK uses her powerup punch on Regirock 30% damage and Greninja uses Matblock.
    Opposition latios uses Calm Mind, *curious to see how much an Icebeam from protean Greninja would do*, zapdos uses heatwave fails, and regirock uses EQ, also fails.

Turn 2
    Klefki uses Lightscreen, Greninja uses icebeam on latios 65% damage *HOLY SH....* MK uses powerup punch on regirock does 60% *feeling happy at this point*
    Latios uses dragon pulse on MK does 30%, Zapdos uses heatwave hits klefki for 20% and MK for 10%, Regirock uses EQ does 35% to Klefki, 20% to MK and 25% to Greninja

*thoughts were yeah I have MK at +4, latios and regirock will now probably die, Its still going well*

Klefki's Sitrus Berry activates *yay for HP ^_^*
    Regirock's Custap Berry activates *>_> er... okay "probs going to use EQ, its going to be fine", starts getting a tad nervous*

Turn 3
    Klefki uses reflect *Yay* Regirock uses Explosion *WTF? O_0* greninja, MK, latios, regirock faint...
    Zapdos uses Heatwave Kleki Faints

Send out Goodra (on left) CB Garchomp (Mid) Rotom-W (right)
    Opposition sends out Registeel (mid) Entei (right)

Turn 4
    *"It's ok we can still do this" getting very nervous*
    Garchomp uses EQ doesnt affect zapdos or Rotom deals 90% to registeel 95% to entei *Naww! actually hoping for OHKO* Goodra is hit for 40%.
    Entei uses flame charge on garchomp does bugger all, entei faints due to rough skin. *this is where my hopes went sky high* rotom uses hydro pump registeel faints *yay*
    Zapdos uses roost and is now sitting happy on 65% goodra uses dragon pulse does 25% to zapdos,

*At this point in time I was feeling happier even though i lost half my team in 1 turn, but this is where things start to go from bad to worse*

Opposition sends out Regice (right)

*garchomp is locked into EQ which is killing Goodra, rotom has hydropump and voltswitch >_>*

Turn 5
    Garchomp uses EQ doesnt affect zapdos or rotom. goodra hit for 50% so is down to 2 health!! does just over 50% to regice which activates sitrus berry.
    Zapdos uses double team *"NONONONO!!!! WHY? WHY YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME?" getting very nervous*
    Regice uses icebeam garchomp faints, Goodra uses dragon pulse zapdos is down to 5%, Rotom uses will-o-wisp on regice and hits.

At this point i have a 2 HP Goodra that is slower than the zapdos, on the left and on the right there is a regice against a Rotom-W. Honest to god thought i lost it

Turn 6
    Zapdos uses heatwave... AND MISSES!!! *So much celebrating right now literally pulled shirt over my head and ran around like a headless chicken* Goodra uses Dragon pulse and finishes off zapdos. *OMFG WOOT WOOT*
    rotom uses volt switch does 15% to regice, regice uses toxic, regice hurt by burn rotom hurt by toxic.

Turn 7
    Rotom uses voltswitch taking regice down to 25%, Goodra uses dragon pulse (which can hit any pokemon on wherever they are on field)
    Regice faints

*After heart stops racing writes all this down on serebii and uploads video so other can watch!*
    Most intense match I've had in the Maison.

I've had too many bad experiences with battle facilities in past games. As a result, i'm hesitant to even step foot in the Battle Maison...man, i have to get on that sometime!
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast