Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

I hate the Rotation Battles in the Battle Maison.
    Mii: Kaiyo [Friend Code is 1993-7286-9750. Friend Safari is Normal with ] PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/Twitter/ Youtube/Raptr/Twitch

My best streak is 48. I always suffer from a close loss. I use a mega Kangaskan, garchomp, and a sylveon in super singles. Personal I wish that the pokemon you battle in any battle facility in game, are recorded. It would be great to have some of the legendaries in my pokedex.
    Schmmidtty was here

...I faced a Contrary Seviper in today. **** was not cash.

Am I the only one here that does doubles?
    I use a Medicham (mega), Tyrantrum, Gigalith, and Aerodactyl to go through it.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Finally making a legit Battle Maison team. Consists of Speed Boost Blaziken, Mega Mawile, and Noivern. Hoping it'll work.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I finally have a team that could probably.. (and I mean probably) could help me in the super streaks in Maison. I have entei and raikou finally with a really good moveset to test out. I might use them and mega gengar.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Er.. No? Its just quite easy Matblock Greninja and Mega Kangaskhan, with Slowbro and Garchomp its pretty much auto complete.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

does anyone have any advice they could shoot me for super singles? im just trying to run through it with mega kangaskhan and the standard set, prankster klefki with dual screens, spikes and foul play, and moxie honchkrow @ life orb with standard set bar brave bird, which i replaced with aerial ace for those rare but streak ending minimizers. i was able to get to 36 but i cant get past 30 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Beat The super single maison, and lost with a streak of 75, beat the super rotation battle maison and lost with a streak of 55, made it to the 35th battle of super triples but lost on 36.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    I use a Medicham (mega), Tyrantrum, Gigalith, and Aerodactyl to go through it.

Not at all. Doubles is the only thing I even do.
    Sneasel, Murkrow, Zoroark and Gengar are usually my team.
    I switch the last two every now and then, but this has been the most effective for me so far.
    The only real threat for me is Blissey/Chansey, usually. I need to make a physical Zoroark already...
    Looking for:
    Shiny 5/6iv Pancham (Adamant, Mold Breaker; Quick Guard, Storm Throw)
    Shiny 5/6iv FEMALE Pyroar (Timid, Unnerve)
    Shiny 5/6iv Volcarona (Timid, Flame Body)
    PM me if you have any of them.

Known moves: Taunt, Snatch,Thief, and Foul Play

I can't find the best place, and trust me I've looked, is there an area of the site to find Maison AI partners? I can REALLY use a FC for someone who has the scarf Typhlosion set.

All I have left is super multi, and my best partner is a Scarf Entei+Rapidash. I assume that Typhlosion hits harder and ANYTHING can be better than a Rapidash :/

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post
    I can't find the best place, and trust me I've looked, is there an area of the site to find Maison AI partners? I can REALLY use a FC for someone who has the scarf Typhlosion set.

All I have left is super multi, and my best partner is a Scarf Entei+Rapidash. I assume that Typhlosion hits harder and ANYTHING can be better than a Rapidash :/
    I'm just starting multi Battles so need to go through them before i can partner up for supers, but then again i have a partner with raikou and nidoqueen. So I think im ok for partners.

I've been doing Triple battles for awhile now using various different Pokemon and I noticed something odd. Whenever one of the opponent's Pokemon uses Will-O-Wisp they not only burn my Pokemon but the also burn any Pokemon adjacent to it. I just faced a Rapidash in triples and they burned the Seismitoad next to it. Others have their Pokemon continuously spam other status moves at my Pokemon when I have Safeguard up. Are they supposed to do this or are these particular NPCs just really stupid?

I'm still trying to get a 50 streak in Triple battles. My longest streak ended on battle 47 which was rather disappointing but I'm determined to beat this and defeat the Chatalaine. I'm not using the strongest of Pokemon right now as I just threw a random team together with some of the ones I EVd but it's so far proving to be quite effective. I have my Dual Screening Prankster Meowstic, Wobbuffet, Eviolite Super Size Pumpkaboo, my shiny Furfrou, Salamence and Noivern and I'm currently on battle 23. I really like this team and am going to see how far it can take me.

EDIT: Lost because my Meowstic got taken out by a CRIT before he could set up both screens and Safeguard, and then my opponent decided to troll me by putting 2 of my last 3 Pokemon to sleep with Yawn. I'm really tempted to transfer a Smeargle with Dark Void over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me in Doubles, Triples and Multi in consecutive battles. It's so weird that they always burn their partner rather than my Garchomp. I've seen the opponent burn their own Electivire (and then use Will-o-Wisp on it again on the next turn), as well as try to burn their own Delphox twice in a row. I feel that there's some sort of glitch with the AI causing that, but you're definitely not the only one who's experienced that. Either way, I've escaped some potential losing situations because of it and it definitely contributed to me beating all 5 battle styles.
    It must be a bug that makes NPCs do this. Personally I don't want Game Freak to fix this as it's saved me on more than one occasion too. Also congrats on winning all 5 styles I shall one day reach this feat too.
    Last edited by Greedy Chibi; 9th January 2014 at 9:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post

There doesn't seem to be a place for Maison AI partners, unfortunately. Not here, at least. Don't know if you'd want mine, though. Snorlax and Porygon2 isn't a particularly good team. I lucked out and had one with Specs Latios + LO Escavalier, which was good enough for me despite the somewhat questionable moves (Thunder and Iron Defense, respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    I've been doing Triple battles for awhile now using various different Pokemon and I noticed something odd. Whenever one of the opponent's Pokemon uses Will-O-Wisp they not only burn my Pokemon but the also burn any Pokemon adjacent to it. I just faced a Rapidash in triples and they burned the Seismitoad next to it. Are they supposed to do this or are these particular NPCs just really stupid?
    I had the same thing happen to me in Doubles, Triples and Multi in consecutive battles. It's so weird that they always burn their partner rather than my Garchomp. I've seen the opponent burn their own Electivire (and then use Will-o-Wisp on it again on the next turn), as well as try to burn their own Delphox twice in a row. I feel that there's some sort of glitch with the AI causing that, but you're definitely not the only one who's experienced that. Either way, I've escaped some potential losing situations because of it and it definitely contributed to me beating all 5 battle styles.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Cool

I had my best run yet with Greninja, Talonflame and Azumarril, I got to 40 with relative ease, although I scraped past a Gardevior that had traced my Greninja's Protean (really really bad situation). My streak was ended by that stupid Cresselia and as I can see, I'm not the only one that was trolled by that stupid thing. What is the best way to deal with it? Should I swap out a pokemon for something that can taunt?
    3DS Friend code: 1118-0981-2862 (Grim) - Don't forget to PM me if you add me.

My Safari is Water with: Krabby, Frogadier, and Gyarados

Pokemon White Version: 1335 2256 6735

Spoiler:- Up For Trade:

Got 49 wins on the Super Doubles then lost to the boss due to a stupid gimmick tactic I tried and failed at.
    - Did the first 20 with an all Fire team of Drought Ninetails, Mega Charizard X, Blaziken & Gale Wings Talonflame. Worked well until harder opponents started to seem to use more and more Water & Rock types.
    - Did next 29 with Protean Greninja, Ageislash, Talonflame & Mega Garchomp (was using because it looked awesome not for strategy, plus at the time I had no other items for it to hold)
    - Then on the fight with the boss thought I'd try something stupid and swap Ageislash for Mega Banette with Destiny Bond to take out atleast one without issue, of course because Pransker stupidly dose not work on the turn it evolves had to stall and it got killed. Then it was down hill from there. Hate them beasts.

EDIT: Beat Nita for 50 wins in Super Singles for the first time. She was pretty easy only lost TalonFlame, however in the 40s I kept running into the same troublesome Frostlass who kept using a Focus Sash and Destiny Bond, plus its Blizzard seemed it hit every damn time! Never been so scared of a Frostlass.

I used the following three Pokemon:

Garchomp: (Lead)
    - Ability: Rough Skin
    - Item: Choice Band
    - Moves: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Iron Head, Earthquake

Talonflame:
    - Ability: Gale Wings
    - Item: Sharp Beak
    - Moves: Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, U-Turn, Roost

Mega Mawile:
    - Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
    - Item: Mega Stone
    - Moves: Iron Head, Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance

They all worked really well together, helping to protect one another. Mawile protected Garchomp form Dragons and Ice plus Talonflame from Rock, Talonflame protected Mawile from Ground, Garchomp Protected Talonflame from Electric Attacks and Mawile from Fire. Mawile also blocked Poison. Its these types of teams I like best.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim712 View Post
    I had my best run yet with Greninja, Talonflame and Azumarril, I got to 40 with relative ease, although I scraped past a Gardevior that had traced my Greninja's Protean (really really bad situation). My streak was ended by that stupid Cresselia and as I can see, I'm not the only one that was trolled by that stupid thing. What is the best way to deal with it? Should I swap out a pokemon for something that can taunt?
    Yeah Taunt is by far the best, or try out stalling it with your own status moves. If you talking about the Cresselia that likes to use Toxic then a Syeel type like Ageislash (ho I've used in the past) Or possibly sending out a Magic Bounce Absol or Xatu (With Shadow Ball), reflecting back its attempts to Toxic. Similarly Magic Guard prevents damage from such attacks so a Magic Guard Reuniclus or Alakazam might be what you need.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 10th January 2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Anyone have a good recommendation team for double battles? Two Pokemon, one to be a sweeper and one for support would be nice (For example, one would have Life Orb and a Hit all Attack like Heat Wave while the other had Helping Hand, Reflect etc)

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Anyone have a good recommendation team for double battles? Two Pokemon, one to be a sweeper and one for support would be nice (For example, one would have Life Orb and a Hit all Attack like Heat Wave while the other had Helping Hand, Reflect etc)
    Back in B/W I would use a Telepathy Musharna with HelpingHand alongside something thats fast with both Earthquake and Rock Slide like a Garchomp. Or a Water Absorb Vaporeon with Helping Hand alongside a Surf Starmie.
    This gen I may try out a Mega Amphoros with Plus and Discharge alongside a Plus Plusle with Helping Hand (once I get my old one sent from Bank). Will need team backup to protect from Ground Types on a switch though.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 10th January 2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Finally made it to battle 50 in triples only for her to crit my Dual Screener with Overheat before I could set up both screens. Ended up losing because of this which was extremely heartbreaking. Going to try again with the same team except I might switch out my Mega Gardevoir for a Mega Alakazam as it's a lot faster and my Gardevoir getting outsped was a frequent problem.

EDIT: Tried again with the same team as I have yet to evolve my Kadabra. Made it to battle 30 relatively easily only for the opponent's last Pokemon (an Altaria) to crit my last Pokemon (my Furfrou) and take me out when it was at -5 attack and I was at +6 defence. Do crits ignore stat modifications or something? I should have easily taken the attack.
    Last edited by Greedy Chibi; 11th January 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Has anyone try the supermultibattle with a ai partner? It's so difficult to pass 35 win streak after that just stuck mostly at 20's... my team is megablaze and pro-greninja... and i always choose my ai partnr latios, luxray... just reach 35 streak one time... and now having trouble in 20's. Y_Y

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    EDIT: Tried again with the same team as I have yet to evolve my Kadabra. Made it to battle 30 relatively easily only for the opponent's last Pokemon (an Altaria) to crit my last Pokemon (my Furfrou) and take me out when it was at -5 attack and I was at +6 defence. Do crits ignore stat modifications or something? I should have easily taken the attack.
    Yes, crits ignore both of those stat modifications. On that note, crits that the user lands only ignore its own offensive stat drops and the opponents defensive stat drops. If that Altaria instead had +1 attack or more and then got the crit, the stat boosts to its own attack would not be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraUdo View Post
    Has anyone try the supermultibattle with a ai partner? It's so difficult to pass 35 win streak after that just stuck mostly at 20's... my team is megablaze and pro-greninja... and i always choose my ai partnr latios, luxray... just reach 35 streak one time... and now having trouble in 20's. Y_Y
    Yeah, it's quite annoying if your partner doesn't have an ideal team, but for the most part, I didn't have too much trouble with them using the wrong move. If your partner has Latios, I'm assuming Blaziken has Earthquake? Contrary to what a normal competitive Fighting type would run, Earthquake is a great idea if you don't already use it. It sees more use than any other move it might have, thanks to Latios having Levitate. It worked for me, at least, though luck is always a factor, especially with that AI.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Hey all looking for some advice on a potential team for singles. Thinking of running
    Greninja protean w/ an item that I need to have help choosing
    Ice beam
    Dark pulse
    Grass knot
    Hydro pump

Gengar with gengarite
    Shadow ball
    Dazzling gleam
    Tbd
    Tbd

Wobbuffet with leftovers
    Counter
    Mirror coat
    Safeguard
    Destiny bond

Any help is more than appreciated as I kind of have a bet with someone as to who can get to 200 first.

So, I would imagine a good number of people have gotten Lansat berries, but has anyone actually gotten a Starf berry yet? Isn't 200 consecutive wins kind of...insane?

Well some people did get a Starf Berry...perhaps they are just too good to predict AIs
    FC: 4141-3147-5808
    Type : Poison = Kakuna,Venomoth,Whirlipede
    send me a PM if you wanna add me
    looking for
    Pokemon: Ditto FS or 4IV Ditto, Leavanny

Quote Originally Posted by Aladormax View Post
    Hey all looking for some advice on a potential team for singles. Thinking of running
    Greninja protean w/ an item that I need to have help choosing
    Ice beam
    Dark pulse
    Grass knot
    Hydro pump

Gengar with gengarite
    Shadow ball
    Dazzling gleam
    Tbd
    Tbd

Wobbuffet with leftovers
    Counter
    Mirror coat
    Safeguard
    Destiny bond

Any help is more than appreciated as I kind of have a bet with someone as to who can get to 200 first.
    Life Orb the Greninja, it might not have as much as a punch compared to specs but it means you don't need to switch out due to resistance.
    If using mega Gengar I'd suggest having sludge wave and destiny bond in the last two spots.
    I'm not a fan of wobbufett because it can just get set up upon, I would consider using a wall or a pivot pokemon that can take a few hits, as you have 2 special attackers you are countered by special walls maybe even consider switching mega gengar for mega kangaskhan or swapping greninja for a rough skin garchomp.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast