Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Choosing Rotation battles as a way to somewhat help training the mindset for competitive battling is the best out of the different types of battles. As switching is often and can be a prediction of your prediction in some cases, so choosing the best outcome move is vital. Just one tip I can really give you is keep calm no matter what the number battle is, and don't try to predict, choose the move that gives the best outcome, that could involve using Twave on a pokemon that already has paralysis, but if the opposition switches out then you have 2 inflicted. Good luck!
    Yeah I always consider carefully what move I should depending on the opposing pokemon, say the guy has a Skunktank, Honchrow and Nidoking, and I have Greninja out, i think "hmmm Extrasensory will definitely KO Nidoking but if he rotates to Honchrow or Skunktank I am screwed, If I rotate to Diggersby and use Earthquake it will faint Nidoking or Skunktank but it will unaffect Honchrow, and I will consider using Ice Beam since it will be SE against Nidoking and Honchrow and still do decent damage on Skunktank
    3DS Friend code
    1246 8777 2044

Feraligator is comin for you

Self appointed CEO of MDK Power Pokémon Inc.

Black FC: 3783 0862 9940

By the way I really like seeing your creativity, if you let me see your unique and creative PR video I will give you a Nice! and a random O-power

So I'm going for the doubles trophy and I came up with this team to use. Would you guys mind giving me some feedback? I'm not 100% on some move sets/ EV spreads and I'm thinking of giving zam a life orb instead of sash.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
    Sand Stream
    Adamant (252 Hp 128 Def 128 Sp Def)

Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Crunch
    Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
    Mold Breaker
    Jolly (252 Atk 252+ Spd 4 HP)

Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Swords Dance
    Shadow Claw

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
    Magic Guard
    Timid (252 Sp Atk 252+Spd 4 HP)

Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Dazzling Gleam
    Energy Ball

Lucario @ Lucarionite
    Steadfast/Inner Focus (Adaptability)
    Timid (252 Sp Atk 252+ Spd 4 HP)

Vacuum Wave
    Nasty Plot
    Flash Cannon
    Aura Sphere/ Dragon Pulse/ Dark Pulse?

Excadrill and T'tar to lead, luke or zam can come in against physical walls and neither of them take sandstorm damage.

Thoughts Guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    I really think you should switch to Life Orb instead of Expert Belt. You will do more damage without relying on your attack to be super-effective. It is really frail and the power boost it gets is appreciated. I really would use Timid instead of Modest because then you outpace more Pokemon which includes Terrakion.

I seem to notice one highly fatal flaw. Your team is all special attackers. You are going to struggle a lot against dedicated special walls. Snorlax in particular comes to mind which stopped me before. I don't recall if the opponents ever use Blissey, but if they do, you do not have a good answer for it. I really recommend you change one of your Pokemon to a physical attacker or have something with Taunt.
    Funny you should mention the life orb, I started doing the maison just so I could get one. Timid is easy enough done, and I noticed the special problem also. I probably should have thought about my team instead of just picking the first three in my battle box, but I didn't expect to get so far, and was gonna stop when I had enough for the items i needed xD. I was thinking of switching out Rotom for something like

Garchomp @ yache berry
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: rough skin
    Evs: 252 atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Stone edge
    -swords dance

Thoughts?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Funny you should mention the life orb, I started doing the maison just so I could get one. Timid is easy enough done, and I noticed the special problem also. I probably should have thought about my team instead of just picking the first three in my battle box, but I didn't expect to get so far, and was gonna stop when I had enough for the items i needed xD. I was thinking of switching out Rotom for something like

Garchomp @ yache berry
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: rough skin
    Evs: 252 atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Stone edge
    -swords dance

Thoughts?
    Change Outrage to Dragon Claw. Just in case of Fairy types.

I found this Battle Facility to be much easier than previous ones. I beat the Singles and Multi Battle lines without any EV-trained or even nature specific pokemon. They were just the ones I had run through the game with. In the Battle Subway, it took me 10 tries to reach a 21-win streak. I also love how BP is given after every battle, not just after 7, unlike previous gens, where you win 6 then don't get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I found this Battle Facility to be much easier than previous ones. I beat the Singles and Multi Battle lines without any EV-trained or even nature specific pokemon. They were just the ones I had run through the game with. In the Battle Subway, it took me 10 tries to reach a 21-win streak. I also love how BP is given after every battle, not just after 7, unlike previous gens, where you win 6 then don't get anything.
    Were you playing in the non-Super Battles, though?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Were you playing in the non-Super Battles, though?
    Yeah. I wouldn't dream to try those with my main team pokemon. However, either i have gotten smarter as a player or it has gotten just a little easier. I couldn't beat the boss of the battle facility in the non-Super battles in previous generations, and i did this time my first time through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn't dream to try those with my main team pokemon. However, either i have gotten smarter as a player or it has gotten just a little easier. I couldn't beat the boss of the battle facility in the non-Super battles in previous generations, and i did this time my first time through.
    I'll agree, the regular battles don't even need a properly trained team, but the super battles are a lot harder. I finished the super rotation battles a few days ago which took some doing. Super Multi is all I have left and I have to hope that my partner doesn't pull of some stupid crap like spamming shadow ball against a miltank...
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    I'll agree, the regular battles don't even need a properly trained team, but the super battles are a lot harder. I finished the super rotation battles a few days ago which took some doing. Super Multi is all I have left and I have to hope that my partner doesn't pull of some stupid crap like spamming shadow ball against a miltank...
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about them making a totally stupid move like that. The worst I saw my AI partner do was use Iron Defense when a Tornadus was around. My partner's Spec Latios was even intelligent enough to switch out if it was locked into a move that would do minimal/no damage to both opponents, too. I'd be more concerned about actually having a partner with a usable duo of Pokemon.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

any tips to reach 50 rounds? :| on single

Name: Drakath
    3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698

Quote Originally Posted by Drakath569 View Post
    Have the correct IV setups, beneficial natures, right item choices, and hope Lady Luck isn't married to every single opponent you face.

Getting BP at the end of each battle instead of the end of a set of battles makes it easier to gather BP, currently grinding through the Multi Battles to get an Ability Capsule for my Roserade and the evolution items for Gligar and Sneasel.
    I am also wondering whether the Battle Chatelaines you face in the 20th Multi Battle are fixed, I always seem to battle againist Dana and Evelyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakath569
    Use Mega Kangaskhan. It absolutely dominates in singles. Parental Bond is one of the strongest abilities in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    Getting BP at the end of each battle instead of the end of a set of battles makes it easier to gather BP, currently grinding through the Multi Battles to get an Ability Capsule for my Roserade and the evolution items for Gligar and Sneasel.
    I am also wondering whether the Battle Chatelaines you face in the 20th Multi Battle are fixed, I always seem to battle againist Dana and Evelyn.
    Unless its an IV Bred Roserade, I'd really recommend just rebreeding because it will take considerably less time.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Use Mega Kangaskhan. It absolutely dominates in singles. Parental Bond is one of the strongest abilities in the game.
    Also Mega Blaziken and Truant Durant. All are amazing choices for the Maison, Durant being the best choice to break the Maison apart. And the easiest way.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I have a stupid question

Why do we only get 1 bp per battle

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    I have a stupid question

Why do we only get 1 bp per battle
    Probably because it's simpler to work out the increases in BP that way, but it's better than 3 BP every 7 battles like before. It increases to 2 BP per battle once you reach a 10 win streak. Once you move onto the Super challenges, you get 2 BP every win, and that goes up by one every ten battles until you reach a streak of 50, where you'll max at 7 BP per win.

How this for doubles:

Greninja
    IV: 31/x/31/31/31/31
    A: Protean
    N: Timid
    I: Life Orb
    EV: 6HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Moves: Scald/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Mat Block

Absol -> Mega Absol
    I: Absolite
    A: Pressure -> Magic Bounce
    N: Jolly
    EV: 252Atk/6SpA/252Spe
    Moves: Protect/Fire Blast/Play Rough/Sucker Punch

Heracross
    I: Assualt Vest
    A: Guts
    N: Careful
    IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31
    EV: 112HP/146Atk/252SpD
    Moves: Megahorn/Earthquake/Night Slash/Close Combat

Aegislash
    I: Leftovers
    A: Stance Change
    N: Brave
    IV: 31/31/31/31/31/x
    EV: 252HP/6Atk/252SpA
    Moves: Shadow Ball/King's Shield/Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak

I'd suggest either Hydro Pump or Surf on Greninja instead of Scald. You want the increased power because Greninja is not a defensive Pokemon. Mat Block I'm on the fence about. In triples is where that move really shines. You are basically giving up an attack to take one attack. I really would recommend Extrasensory instead for the coverage.

Is there a specific reason for the spread you are using on Heracross? If you aren't going to do the standard 252 Atk / 252 Speed on it, instead of putting EVs in HP, I would put them in Special Defense which would maximize your stats more since you have it equipped with Assault Vest. Night Slash really doesn't grant new coverage for your team or for Heracross either. I would suggest Stone Edge instead which also hits harder.

Aegislash really isn't going to be gaining a ton of HP back with Leftovers. If you have enough BP for Weakness Policy, that is my recommendation because then it doubles your Attack and Special Attack if it gets hit by a super-effective move.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    How this for doubles:

Greninja
    A: Protean
    N: Timid
    I: Life Orb
    EV: 6HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Moves: Scald/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Mat Block

Absol -> Mega Absol
    I: Absolite
    A: Pressure -> Magic Bounce
    N: Jolly
    EV: 252Atk/6SpA/252Spe
    Moves: Protect/Fire Blast/Play Rough/Sucker Punch
    I'd suggest either Hydro Pump or Surf on Greninja instead of Scald. You want the increased power because Greninja is not a defensive Pokemon. Mat Block I'm on the fence about. In triples is where that move really shines. You are basically giving up an attack to take one attack. I really would recommend Extrasensory instead for the coverage.
    Right, Your Greninja is perfectly fine, don't change any moves or EV's as you are using Matblock, get rid of protect on Mega Absol, use Swords Dance instead. That way you get a free SD up at the start which is way more useful than getting 1 free hit off on the opposition which could use protect. The Heracross like Professor dragonexpert said, is pretty peculiar set up, so follow his advice and put stone edge instead. Aegislash has no viable heal, so weakness policy works well. GL and HF.

Use a team that has good synergy. A fire water grass core works well. Also, use either mega Blaziken or mega Kanaskhan. Both wreck in the battle maisonettes due to their extreme power.

I'd personally recommend using a Dual Screener on your team. I used one and made it to 50 relatively easily.

I'm not a competitive battler at all really, but I am a collector and want that trainer card very much! I had a team of Mega Gengar, Aegislash and Chandelure and I can get to about 15/16 without too much trouble, but Garchomp annihilates me.

It's such a change going from the story to the Maison and I'm finding it hard to adapt. I know all ghost isn't great and Chandelure will probably get cut. Here's my shamefully copied team:

Mega Gengar
    Modest
    IV 31/xx/31/31/31/31
    EVs in special attack and speed
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute
    Disable
    Focus Blast

Aegislash
    Brave
    IV 31/xx/31/xx/xx/31
    EVs in attack, defence and special defence
    Leftovers
    Shadow Claw
    Sacred Sword
    Swords Dance
    King's Shield

Chandelure
    Modest
    IV 31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Deep Sea Tooth
    Shadow Ball
    Pain Split
    Fire Blast
    Energy Ball

There's a lot to change, just not sure what
    Pokédex complete!
    Pokémon Y FC: 4742-5579-6556, Safari: Flying - Farfetch'd, Tranquill and Fletchinder
        Spoiler:- Offers:

Spoiler:- Shinies I Can Trade:

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuei View Post
    I'm not a competitive battler at all really, but I am a collector and want that trainer card very much! I had a team of Mega Gengar, Aegislash and Chandelure and I can get to about 15/16 without too much trouble, but Garchomp annihilates me.

It's such a change going from the story to the Maison and I'm finding it hard to adapt. I know all ghost isn't great and Chandelure will probably get cut. Here's my shamefully copied team:

Mega Gengar
    Modest
    IV 31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute
    Disable
    Focus Blast

Aegislash
    Brave
    IV 31/xx/31/xx/xx/31
    EVs in attack, defence and special defence
    Leftovers
    Shadow Claw
    Sacred Sword
    Swords Dance
    King's Shield

Chandelure
    Modest
    IV 31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Deep Sea Tooth
    Shadow Ball
    Pain Split
    Fire Blast
    Energy Ball

There's a lot to change, just not sure what
    Right, you know that the first thing I'm going to say is mix it up. You have a team of ghosts, the Battle Maison is going to throw crunch and dark pulse at you... mix it up. For super Singles I used Garchomp, Rotom-W and Togekiss. Each of these complemented each others weaknesses. on round 50 I swapped out togekiess for ice fang mega Gyarados, use protean greninja with IceBeam it works better... on a side note (Your pokemon look built more for competitive battling rather than Battle Maison) Gimmicks such as sub disable arent a great idea, just from personal experience. If you are really stuck, use the Truant Durant method, its an easy way to get the trainer card.

Recently got to 50 wins in Super Single Battle's in the Maison with the same exact team I rng'd/used for the PWT in White 2.

Adamant CB Snorlax (Thick Fat) (252 att/252 hp/6 sp def) 31/31/31/0/31/31 (Body Slam/EQ/Fire Punch/Pursuit) Pretty much just clicked body slam the whole time and destroyed everything :/.
    Adamant Scarf MoxieMence (252 att/252 spd/6 hp) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Outrage/EQ/Stone Edge/Aqua Tail) Tried to send it out against weakened Pokemon to get the Moxie boost /w Outrage and that generally ended up in at least 2 dead enemy Pokemon.
    Jolly Focus Sashed Garchomp (Rough Skin over Sand Veil as it helped with breaking random sashed pokes and I saw zero sand stream users.) (252 att/252 spd/6 hp) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (EQ/Outrage/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge) Normally saved it for last as it wins most 1v1's (unless they have something stupid like an Azumarril.)

I know I could be using one of the countless broken mega evolutions allowed in the Maison (stupid stuff like mega blaziken & mega khanga are allowed :/) but meh, don't really need them.
    Pokemon Y 3DS FC - 2079 7045 5719 (PM me if you add me ^_^.)
    Trophy Case :~) : Flawless (Roaming) Shiny Latias from Emerald /w my OT (Racks/14403) Pic!
    Flawless Shiny Mew from Japanese Emerald /w my OT (コサブロウ/41447) Pic!
    31/14/31/31/31/31 Shiny Chansey (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Iceburn/47170) Pic!
    31/31/31/23/31/31 Shiny Tauros (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Pudding/12556) Pic!

Thanks, I'll get onto making a more rounded team. I didn't know about the Durant either so I'll give that a go too. Appreciate it!
    Pokédex complete!
    Pokémon Y FC: 4742-5579-6556, Safari: Flying - Farfetch'd, Tranquill and Fletchinder
        Spoiler:- Offers:

Spoiler:- Shinies I Can Trade:

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast