Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Just lost after a streak of 160 battles.. feeling really frustrated here. Thought I would get the Starf Berry this time.
    Time to start all over again.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

I just beat the Super Rotation Battle and got my second monument. The battles on the way up were harder than the final one. One thing I had a problem with was a Starmie holding a king's rock flinching me 4-5 times in a row.

The team I used was

Entei@ Assault Vest
    Adamant
    252 Speed 252 Attack 4 SpDef
    -Sacred Fire
    -Stone Edge(Surprisingly never missed a single time I used it)
    -Extremespeed
    -Bulldoze

Dragonite@ Lum Berry
    Jolly
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Punch

Cresselia@ Leftovers
    Bold
    -Moonlight
    -Psychic
    -Reflect
    -Thunder Wave

Thundurus Therian@ Expert Belt
    Timid
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Dark Pulse

Here's the code to the final battle G73W-WWWW-WWW5-AF4L

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Does anyone else feel kind of nervous to continue after they get a really good streak in the Battle Maison? I don't want to have to start all over after getting so far -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Does anyone else feel kind of nervous to continue after they get a really good streak in the Battle Maison? I don't want to have to start all over after getting so far -_-
    I know

Got a streak of 30 and then got defeated because focus sash mienshao...then got defeated on battle 1 (of super single) because of SERIOUS bad luck and everything seeming to have dark/ghost type attacks all of a sudden.

I swear i have the worst luck in the world when it comes to Battle tower/maison/frontier things. I can have a fairly good team, then I fight this one battle and it feels like hitting a brick wall.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    It happened to me when I was going for 100 in Super Rotation. This Veteran's Cresselia walled mine so hard. I lost at a streak of 52 wins because of that Cresselia.

I feel like killing someone when I see a Cresselia after it ended my Super Singles streak at 47 wins a couple of months back. Next time I'm attempting Super Singles I'll be sure to bring something that can toxic the damn thing. Double Team + Toxic + Protect + Leftovers too OP

FC: 3024-6809-5667

It seems like the higher up you go the more luck is not in your favor. Literally I lost because it antiteamed me. My triples team was rain based and I had to not only face Pokemon that were resistant or neutral to water attacks, but also high special defense Pokemon like Snorlax. I just couldn't pull it off. I was happy that I at least grabbed 50 wins first though.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It happened to me when I was going for 100 in Super Rotation. This Veteran's Cresselia walled mine so hard. I lost at a streak of 52 wins because of that Cresselia.
    That Cresselia! The same one that caused me to go through a 60 turn battle, 30 turns with the Cresselia (Toxic/Double Team/Protect/Moonlight)? That thing is too annoying. Luckily, I had two steel types on my team. That was the only fight where Mega Kangaskhan was a liability, being KO'ed so early due to unlucky predictions.

I've yet to continue my streaks in Doubles, Rotation and Multi, though (all still sitting at 50). I tried Tripes and lost on battle 60-something, but I honestly forgot how. I think I was just playing lazily in that battle. Not sure if I'll actually attempt to go for 100 unless it's with Truant Durant, since I only need the Starf Berry at this point. But that's time I'm not willing to spend at the moment, even if it gets me a few hundred more BP that I already won't use.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

That Toxic/Double Team/Protect/Moonlight Cresselia is just cruel to face. It's a cheap and unfair Pokemon to lose against. Cresselia rarely shows up for me but when it does I aim all my attacks at it regardless of what else the opponent uses. I hate it so much. It is always satisfying seeing it Struggle to death when I Encore it into its move and Disable it.

My longest battle was a 78 turn stall war with a Rest/Curse/Amnesia/Iron Head Registeel. I only won that battle because I kept switching my Pokemon's positions to save PP and the Registeel struggled itself to death. Saved the battle to see how long it took. Ended up being a waste of time as the Chatalaine beat me anyway.

It wasn't that Cresselia the one I couldn't beat was a Calm Mind one and it just so happened to have Shadow Ball so mine couldn't do anything. All I had left was Thundurus and Cresselia and the opponent only had Cress left and it had +2 using Calm Mind so my Thundurus's Dark Pulse couldn't do anything and my Cresselia's only attacking move was Psychic. Once Thundurus went down I just turned off my 3DS and took the loss.

I've had some very minor success in the Battle Maison so far so I'm trying to construct a team with better synergy to better handle the things that get thrown at me. This might be kind of cheesy but here's one of my current team concepts for Super Single.

Drifblim w/Bright Powder
    Bold Nature
    - Minimize
    - Stockpile
    - Baton Pass
    - Ominous Wind

Protean Greninja w/Expert Belt
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Dark Pulse
    - Grass Knot
    - Ice Beam

Technician Scizor w/Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Roost

The strategy: Drifblim leads and immediately starts Minimizing. After at least two of those, he starts Stockpiling. If I get two Stockpiles and am still in good shape, maybe another Minimize for +6 followed by a third Stockpile. After that he just Baton Passes it to whichever sweeper I want to run with. Not much chance either of them will get hit much running +6 Evasion and +3 to both defenses, or even +4/+2 if that's all I can swing. Greninja gets that Protean STAB on everything while Scizor can just Swords Dance a couple times and then just beat everything down with Bullet Punch. Ominous Wind is there on Drifblim in case of Taunt.

Criticisms and suggestions are very much welcome as I fully admit to being terribad at this game but still have a lot of fun with it nonetheless and want to get better at it.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4273-6088
    Trainer Name: Terra
    Friend Safari: Rock-type w/ Dwebble, Corsola, & Barbaracle

National Pokedex Complete! Shiny Charm Acquired!

Mega Mawile: Eater of Legendaries... and many Pokepuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    It seems like the higher up you go the more luck is not in your favor.
    I definitely agree with this. It seems like in the early rounds, I always hit 80% accuracy moves, but the higher you go, the less likely you are to have things go your way. Whenever you get counter teamed, it's always frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post

Technician Scizor w/Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Roost

The strategy: Drifblim leads and immediately starts Minimizing. After at least two of those, he starts Stockpiling. If I get two Stockpiles and am still in good shape, maybe another Minimize for +6 followed by a third Stockpile. After that he just Baton Passes it to whichever sweeper I want to run with. Not much chance either of them will get hit much running +6 Evasion and +3 to both defenses, or even +4/+2 if that's all I can swing. Greninja gets that Protean STAB on everything while Scizor can just Swords Dance a couple times and then just beat everything down with Bullet Punch. Ominous Wind is there on Drifblim in case of Taunt. .
    Use Scizorite instead of Life orb, Mega-scizor has only slightly less attack then life orb Scizor and has MUCH better bulk overall.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

So far in the maison my highest streak is around 43 I've reached the high 30s a couple of times now and I can't seem to get a good team that works well together.

My lead is mega kangaskhan who works well in killing almost anything that's sent against her but I think I need to change her move set

Kangaskhan
    Adamant
    -fake out
    -return
    -sucker punch
    -power up punch

Power up punch is nice for boosting my attack but I feel it's pretty weak and I'm considering changing it for earthquake.
    Sucker punch is nice for things that outspeed me but again I think that crunch might be better since I can kill without taking a hit.
    I like fake out for the free damage but then again I could use crunch there and still have sucker punch.

My second pokemon is my toxic heal gliscor who is a physical tank and can also toxic stall.

Gliscor
    Impish
    Item: toxic orb
    -toxic
    -protect
    -ice fang
    Earthquake

So earthquake is for stab and to hit hard.
    Protect is so I can get the toxic on myself without getting any other status, also for toxic stalling the enemy.
    Toxic is for well poisoning bulky pokemon that I might have trouble with.
    And ice fang is for coverage since earthquake can't hit flying types.

So I have tried using more specially defensive pokemon in my 3rd slot such as a duel status rotom wash, a sylveon I've also tried to use a special attacker such as greninja but haven't had much luck.

So could someone help me decide on a 3rd pokemon or maybe a suggestion for my team. And feedback is much appreciated also I don't mind breeding new pokemon that might work for the maison.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

X in game name:Stacey
    OR in game name: Raven
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx7.x6. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

Everybody's talking about losing their 50 win streaks and I'm just like "Haha, yeah, I almost made it to super doubles 20 yesterday." *cries*
    Friend Code: 0860-4635-3265

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post
    So far in the maison my highest streak is around 43 I've reached the high 30s a couple of times now and I can't seem to get a good team that works well together.

My lead is mega kangaskhan who works well in killing almost anything that's sent against her but I think I need to change her move set

Kangaskhan
    Adamant
    -fake out
    -return
    -sucker punch
    -power up punch

Power up punch is nice for boosting my attack but I feel it's pretty weak and I'm considering changing it for earthquake.
    Sucker punch is nice for things that outspeed me but again I think that crunch might be better since I can kill without taking a hit.
    I like fake out for the free damage but then again I could use crunch there and still have sucker punch.

My second pokemon is my toxic heal gliscor who is a physical tank and can also toxic stall.

Gliscor
    Impish
    Item: toxic orb
    -toxic
    -protect
    -ice fang
    Earthquake

So earthquake is for stab and to hit hard.
    Protect is so I can get the toxic on myself without getting any other status, also for toxic stalling the enemy.
    Toxic is for well poisoning bulky pokemon that I might have trouble with.
    And ice fang is for coverage since earthquake can't hit flying types.

So I have tried using more specially defensive pokemon in my 3rd slot such as a duel status rotom wash, a sylveon I've also tried to use a special attacker such as greninja but haven't had much luck.

So could someone help me decide on a 3rd pokemon or maybe a suggestion for my team. And feedback is much appreciated also I don't mind breeding new pokemon that might work for the maison.
    If you want Crunch on Mega Kangaskhan, I am going to say to replace Sucker Punch because you need a damaging move on Kangaskhan. I would not recommend Fake Out and Power Up Punch on the same set however because it limits your coverage moves. You'll want to choose one or the other. I prefer Power Up Punch because Kangaskhan has enough bulk to survive most nonfighting attacks. This lets you sweep easier. If you go this route, then get rid of Fake Out for Earthquake.

Ice fang is just so weak on Gliscor because it really doesn't have the power to use it well and it is a weak move in general having only 65 BP. I would recommend giving Taunt a try over Ice Fang because then it becomes a wall breaker. It also ensures they can't use Rest to get rid of the poison or heal themself to make it take longer.

I'd like to know why Greninja didn't really work for your team. It works well for me both online and in the Battle Maison. What moves did you use for it?
    Guides I've written:

The Kangaskhan set you want to run is Power-Up Punch, Return, Earthquake, and Sucker Punch. How much damage Power-Up Punch does is completely irrelevant; the point of it is to boost your attack so that you can OHKO everything (and Mega Kangaskhan does OHKO pretty much everything when it has +2 attack). Earthquake takes out Rock and Steel types, which are two of the three types that resist Return. Pretty much every Rock- and Steel-type that isn't hit by Earthquake is OHKO'd by Sucker Punch (Bronzong, Aerodactyl, and Archeops; the exception is Skarmory, but Skarmory is pretty bad). I can understand why Crunch would be tempting, because you want to hit Ghosts before they can use a status move. But most Ghosts will attack you anyway, meaning Sucker Punch can take them out. You also really want Sucker Punch for things like Thundurus, Tornadus, Choice Scarf Darmanitan, etc.

I would put Gliscor in the lead and give it Substitute instead of Ice Fang. That way, on the first turn (when you use Protect), you have a Pokemon on your team that's immune to most status (excluding confusion and Attract). You can Toxic stall an overwhelming number of Pokemon; you'll usually be able to KO them AND have a Substitute up when they faint, meaning the strategy will work on the next Pokemon too. EV train it in Speed (so you can set up a Substitute before the opponent can hit you, which can allow you to stall them out of Ice Beam/Blizzard/whatever) and HP. Gliscor can outspeed and stall out most Ice-types, but you'll want your third Pokemon to be good against Water. Curse Ferrothorn is a decent choice, but you're vulnerable against stuff like Infernape and Arcanine if Gliscor faints. I've never tried it in a battle facility, but Vaporeon might work. You just have to watch out for Water-types that can hit it super-effectively.

With a team like that, your main problem would be stat-boosters with Rest. Gliscor can stall some of them out of attacking moves, but others (like Gyarados with Aqua Tail and EQ) won't use up all of their attacking PP against Gliscor because EQ can't hit Gliscor. Still, that sort of team should do decently well, if played properly.

Quote Originally Posted by bombe32 View Post
    I feel like killing someone when I see a Cresselia after it ended my Super Singles streak at 47 wins a couple of months back. Next time I'm attempting Super Singles I'll be sure to bring something that can toxic the damn thing. Double Team + Toxic + Protect + Leftovers too OP
    THAT Cresselia, if it wasn't for my Venusaur having Toxic (100% accurcy), I would never been able to get those 50win. And it seem to always been there in a veterant team...
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

Quote Originally Posted by VaporeonIce View Post
    Pretty much every Rock- and Steel-type that isn't hit by Earthquake is OHKO'd by Sucker Punch (Bronzong, Aerodactyl, and Archeops; the exception is Skarmory, but Skarmory is pretty bad). I can understand why Crunch would be tempting, because you want to hit Ghosts before they can use a status move. But most Ghosts will attack you anyway, meaning Sucker Punch can take them out. You also really want Sucker Punch for things like Thundurus, Tornadus, Choice Scarf Darmanitan, etc.
    Eh, I personally don't like Sucker Punch in the Maison. The fact that I'm using my experience with Rotation as an example may make things different, but you don't lose out on too much if you use Crunch. Outspeeding things like Scarfed Pokemon and Thundurus isn't as huge of a problem seeing as they're quite uncommon, and legendaries are nonexistent until battle 40 anyway. That, and one bad prediction that can come with Sucker Punch can be very costly when you have an entire win streak on the line. From my experience, a ghost will always use Will-o-Wisp if it can, but that's just what I've seen.

That's just my approach, though. I prefer to be safer in the Maison, and I've never been in a situation where I'd have preferred Sucker Punch. High Jump Kick is typically the extent of my risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klay View Post
    THAT Cresselia, if it wasn't for my Venusaur having Toxic (100% accurcy), I would never been able to get those 50win. And it seem to always been there in a veterant team...
    Actually, there's a reason for that. It's been changed a bit from the Subway last gen, but Veterans will always use legendaries, and they're the only ones who will use a team from that huge selection of legendaries that are possible. Last gen, some veterans didn't do that, and Gentlemen/Socialites used legendaries like that as well. There are a few strays like an Ace Trainer with a Latios, but yeah, Veterans always use an all-legendary team.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Eh, I personally don't like Sucker Punch in the Maison. The fact that I'm using my experience with Rotation as an example may make things different, but you don't lose out on too much if you use Crunch. Outspeeding things like Scarfed Pokemon and Thundurus isn't as huge of a problem seeing as they're quite uncommon, and legendaries are nonexistent until battle 40 anyway. That, and one bad prediction that can come with Sucker Punch can be very costly when you have an entire win streak on the line. From my experience, a ghost will always use Will-o-Wisp if it can, but that's just what I've seen.

That's just my approach, though. I prefer to be safer in the Maison, and I've never been in a situation where I'd have preferred Sucker Punch. High Jump Kick is typically the extent of my risks.
    Many Ghosts (especially the ones that appear after Battle #40) will attack you, including Gourgeist, Trevenant (Trevenant will use Trick Room, but then it will attack), Golurk, Gengar, Froslass (usually; it will occasionally use Destiny Bond). The Ghosts that might not attack are Chandelure (which is OHKO'd by Earthquake), Drifblim (it MIGHT use Hypnosis, but sometimes it will attack), Mismagius (it will Mean Look, Perish Song, or Protect), Dusknoir (most of them literally can't do any damage to Kangaskhan except with Pain Split; they will Trick Room or Destiny Bond), and Cofagrigus (Will-O-Wisp). Sucker Punch is useful against Aerodactyl, Alakazam, Archeops, Jolteon (though some sets might use a status move if you have a lot of health), Accelgor, Zebstrika, Floatzel, Starmie, Espeon, Manectric, Charizard, Serperior, Porygon-Z and Haxorus (and a couple of others, including some legendaries). You need a decent knowledge of what the opponent might do; obviously, it's easier to predict in Singles than it is in Rotation. And earlier sets (the ones that appear before battle #40) are generally more likely to have status and set-up moves than later ones (the ones that appear after battle #40). But trust me when I say, Mega Kangaskhan LOVES Sucker Punch in Super Singles. I've give more details on the streak I've received with it once I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by VaporeonIce View Post
    Many Ghosts (especially the ones that appear after Battle #40) will attack you, including Gourgeist, Trevenant (Trevenant will use Trick Room, but then it will attack), Golurk, Gengar, Froslass (usually; it will occasionally use Destiny Bond). The Ghosts that might not attack are Chandelure (which is OHKO'd by Earthquake), Drifblim (it MIGHT use Hypnosis, but sometimes it will attack), Mismagius (it will Mean Look, Perish Song, or Protect), Dusknoir (most of them literally can't do any damage to Kangaskhan except with Pain Split; they will Trick Room or Destiny Bond), and Cofagrigus (Will-O-Wisp). Sucker Punch is useful against Aerodactyl, Alakazam, Archeops, Jolteon (though some sets might use a status move if you have a lot of health), Accelgor, Zebstrika, Floatzel, Starmie, Espeon, Manectric, Charizard, Serperior, Porygon-Z and Haxorus (and a couple of others, including some legendaries). You need a decent knowledge of what the opponent might do; obviously, it's easier to predict in Singles than it is in Rotation. And earlier sets (the ones that appear before battle #40) are generally more likely to have status and set-up moves than later ones (the ones that appear after battle #40). But trust me when I say, Mega Kangaskhan LOVES Sucker Punch in Super Singles. I've give more details on the streak I've received with it once I lose.
    I guess that's the difference then. Because I only bothered with Kanga on Super Rotation, and Sucker Punch is horribly unreliable there when you have no idea what you'll be attacking. I also run Dual Screens, so being outrun doesn't result in a dangerous attack to Kangaskhan, since not even a Medicham High Jump Kick OHKO's.

Does anyone know the best team to take into the Triple Battle? I've been able to get the next level on Double Battle, but having a hard time with Triple Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Zero View Post
    Does anyone know the best team to take into the Triple Battle? I've been able to get the next level on Double Battle, but having a hard time with Triple Battle.
    I used a rain based team. Politoed, Greninja, and Vaporeon were the main three I used. My backups were Snorlax, Gengar, and Noivern. I easily achieved the 50 wins in super triples with it. A rain, helping hand Surf OHKOs almost everything they have to offer that doesn't resist it.
    Guides I've written:

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    I used a rain based team. Politoed, Greninja, and Vaporeon were the main three I used. My backups were Snorlax, Gengar, and Noivern. I easily achieved the 50 wins in super triples with it. A rain, helping hand Surf OHKOs almost everything they have to offer that doesn't resist it.
    What I've been using is Jolteon, Electrive, Charizard, Aerodactyl, Blaziken, & Lucario.

I've been running this team in super singles with great success:

Togekiss@Leftovers
    Calm
    -Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Dazzling Gleam

Venusaur@Venusaurite
    Calm
    -Leech Seed
    -Synthesis
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb

Swampert@Sitrus Berry
    Adamant
    -Waterfall
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Protect

Basically I lead with Togekiss and para-flinch what I can. If an electric attack is coming by way I swap to Swampert. If I sense a Toxic I swap
    to Venusaur. Protect on Swampert to keep an eye out for random
    grass attacks and extra Leech Seed recovery and PuP to break through
    normals setting up subs, Blissey, (while increasing attack) and to KO already weak pokemon. It's surprising to see a Swampert sweep and not be in Gen 3. :P

My only problem is Nita rips this team apart and I need one pokemon to OHKO each of hers. Does anyone know if Expert Belt Greninja can do that?

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast