Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

The problem I have with Greninja is setting it up in Super Training.

Edit:

Just tried those three in a WiFi battle and beat Zapdos, Milotic, & Zoroark. With only Swampert.
    Last edited by Oracle Zero; 13th February 2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: typo

I've lost again.. this time, after 182 victories, thanks to a Trick Room Slurpuff.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

I feel completely outclassed. I can't even get through the 20th battle on regular singles. I lose every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Douliekmudkipz View Post
    I feel completely outclassed. I can't even get through the 20th battle on regular singles. I lose every time.
    Are you IV breeding and EV training? because that should get you through the regular battles at least. then you will need a strategy for the super battles.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Douliekmudkipz View Post
    Try bringing in a set-up attacker (i.e. one which uses moves like swords dance/tail glow/quiver dance) which knows protect and a Durant with the ability truant. Make your Durant use
    entertainment at the beggining of the battle, and then swap in the set-up attacker. Whenever the opponent can move, use protect. When they can't, use your set-up move.
    3DS FC: 0731-4784-5302
    Looking for: Leftovers, Near flawless kalos born legendaries
    For trade flawless shinies: Jolly Heracross, Adamant Scizor, Impish Skarmory, Jolly tyranitar, Bold Chansey, Bold Cofagrius, Adamant Evee and more.
    PM me for more details

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Zero View Post
    The problem I have with Greninja is setting it up in Super Training.

Edit:

Just tried those three in a WiFi battle and beat Zapdos, Milotic, & Zoroark. With only Swampert.
    What part are you finding difficult for Greninja in the Super Training?
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

I had this battle, and my Goodra only had eleven hit points. I find battles can get very close

I just have a question
    How do I know if a pokemon has two abilities
    I wanna use the ability capsule I traded to get
    I dont understand how it works lol

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    I just have a question
    How do I know if a pokemon has two abilities
    I wanna use the ability capsule I traded to get
    I dont understand how it works lol
    Here's a page that lists the pokemon that are able to use it.
    http://serebii.net/itemdex/abilitycapsule.shtml
    Keep in mind that Hidden Abilities DO NOT count.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Here's a page that lists the pokemon that are able to use it.
    http://serebii.net/itemdex/abilitycapsule.shtml
    Keep in mind that Hidden Abilities DO NOT count.
    So it'll only work if the pokemon has a hidden ability and is on that list?

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    So it'll only work if the pokemon has a hidden ability and is on that list?
    Yep. The ones that are excluded has another ability that is only 'hidden' so it won't work. ;p

Art belongs to me

My highest is 46, using
    Charizard (Y Stone):
    Fire Blast
    Solar Beam
    Air Slash
    Protect

Gliscor (Toxic Orb)
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Protect
    Aerial Ace (for double team/brightpowder/other garbage)

Sylveon (Leftovers/Lum Berry)
    Moonblast
    Wish
    Protect
    Toxic

My "strategy" was to fire off sun-boosted attacks with Charizard, then after it dies switch to either the physical defender Gliscor or the special defender Sylveon. They would then Toxic stall the rest. The strategy failed only when the opponent froze or put to sleep Sylveon, but Gliscor is immune to status. I faced 9 legendaries in a row starting from battle 41, beat them, then lost to a Weezing with Rest, Stockpile, Toxic, and Pain Split. There was absolutely nothing we could do because Charizard was fainted at that point.
    What do you think about my set? should I change it?

EDIT: Has this happened to anyone else before? I'm at battle 21 and no matter what lead I use, it gets completely countered by the computer. I used Mega Kanga through to 18, and switched because the opponent kept using Power Herb Sky Attack and certain pokemon that could cripple Kanga before I could set up. I switched to Dragonite for 2 more battles, but the opponent brought Pokemon to counter that too. Now I switched to Charizard Y and every lead for the past 3 battles has had Rock Slide. What did I do to deserve this?
    Last edited by Dachampster; 17th February 2014 at 7:13 AM.
    1333 1054 6338 is my FC battle me at night Eastern time

No, the Pokemon doesn't have to have a hidden ability (although pretty much everything with two non-hidden abilities also has a hidden ability, even if it's not currently available). The idea is that, if a Pokemon has two non-hidden abilities, the Ability Capsule switches them. For example, Bronzong has two non-hidden abilities: Heatproof and Levitate. It also has a hidden ability: Heavy Metal. The Ability Capsule will take a Heatproof Bronzong (non-hidden ability) and make it a Levitate Bronzong (other non-hidden ability). It will also take a Levitate Bronzong and make it a Heatproof Bronzong. It won't have any effect on a Heavy Metal (hidden ability) Bronzong, nor can you ever make a Bronzong with a non-hidden ability into a Bronzong that has Heavy Metal. With regards to the list, it means that, if you have a Pokemon on that page with one of the two abilities listed on that page, Ability Capsule will change the ability to the other one listed on the page.

I struggled a lot making it through the normal singles battles but finally managed to get the 20th victory. With the double battles, I went in with a Mega Blaziken and Gengar and managed to get through that with relative ease (at least compared to the singles). Definitely going to have to wait until I can train/retrain some Pokemon before I attempt the Super battles. I have some stuff that I trained in Black 2, but now that I plan on IV breeding and with the new moves introduced I'm going to end up starting over.

Until then, I'll probably just spam out the normal double battles with Blaziken and Gengar <_<

Looking for Hidden Abilities and have some to share? Click the banner above for my Trade Shop!

Pokemon X Info.
    Friend Code: 1418-7764-5015
    In Game Name: James III

Finally reached my 55th Super Rotation battle streak. I'm at the point where Veteran Trainers = Legendaries So I try to stay on my toes. X)

The team I'm using right now is:

T-Thundurus @ Expert Belt
    - Nasty Plot (If speedy enough and no significant threat present)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dark Pulse (especially because of Steel nerfs)
    - Grass Gnot

Feraligatr @ Muscle Band
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
    - Dragon Dance
    - X-scissor
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage

Lucario @ Lucarionite
    - Nasty Plot
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon

I've been in a couple tight spots before where Lucario seriously saved my hide because of Vacuum Wave since opponents like to pile through here with Quick Claws that always seem to activate. ._.
    My worst fear though it some computer coming along with something ridiculous like an OKO move shredding through half my team. ;_;

Art belongs to me

You might run Substitute over X-Scissor on Haxorus to defend against OHKO moves; the only OHKO mon I can think of that outspeeds it is Choice Scarf Pinsir, so you can just spam Substitute until the AI misses and set up on it. I can't imagine anything you'd really use X-Scissor against; I think it only hits harder than Outrage and Earthquake on Togekiss (who 4x resists it) and Exeggutor. If you don't want to run Sub, either Poison Jab (for Fairies), Dragon Claw (for power without being locked into Outrage), or Taunt would probably be better choices over X-Scissor.

Have you thought about using a Dragon Dance Gyarados set over Feraligatr? It is able to get the speed it needs to outpace its counters. It just seems like it would fit the role better.

On Haxorus I'm going to second Substitute because you already have two Pokemon that reliably defeat Togekiss which would be the only Pokemon Poison Jab would assist with.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Quote Originally Posted by VaporeonIce View Post
    You might run Substitute over X-Scissor on Haxorus to defend against OHKO moves; the only OHKO mon I can think of that outspeeds it is Choice Scarf Pinsir, so you can just spam Substitute until the AI misses and set up on it. I can't imagine anything you'd really use X-Scissor against; I think it only hits harder than Outrage and Earthquake on Togekiss (who 4x resists it) and Exeggutor. If you don't want to run Sub, either Poison Jab (for Fairies), Dragon Claw (for power without being locked into Outrage), or Taunt would probably be better choices over X-Scissor.
    I was initially saving it in case out of fear of Double team Cresselia or something of that nature.
    That probably isn't a good idea on my part, hah. X) Do you suggest a different EV spread (between speed and HP stats) for Substitute?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    Have you thought about using a Dragon Dance Gyarados set over Feraligatr? It is able to get the speed it needs to outpace its counters. It just seems like it would fit the role better.
    Well...I did consider it, but the Rock AND x4 weakness to Electric is a bit off-putting to me; though at least I could switch in to T-Thundurus to remedy that issue.
    I do have a Moxie Gyarados I wouldn't mind trying to use again; I kind of stopped since the AI kept spamming (and hitting) with Stone Edge multiple times. Argh. The only thing I'm a little iffy about is missing out on Ice Punch.

Though then too, I guess there's always the DD Adamant Feraligatr I have as well if a speed boost is needed. I'll give that + Life Orb a shot as well.
    Last edited by Rio!; 19th February 2014 at 10:38 PM.

Art belongs to me

Can I get more than one Life Orb?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaan View Post
    You can buy as many Life Orbs as you want provided you have enough BP. They cost 48 BP each if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaan View Post
    You cant use more than one of the same item in the Maison or in Ranked Battles I believe
    1333 1054 6338 is my FC battle me at night Eastern time

Only started on Super Singles today and it really punishes you if you make a mistake.

Oh well must concentrate harder next time!

I've been trying to make it through super doubles lately, and I thought I'd ask for some advice on my team, I'm willing to change pretty much anything about it. So here it is:

Garchomp@Garchompite.
    Jolly.
    6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 spd.

Swords Dance.
    Protect.
    Earthquake.
    Dragon Claw.

This is just a really standard Garchomp set. Turn one I swords dance without mega evolving as to keep Garchomps higher speed. I'm not really sure about protect as I feel I haven't used it much, as I'm normally able to KO something before it can attack.

Greninja@ Life Orb.
    Timid.
    6 sp.def, 252 sp.atk, 252 spd.

Ice Beam.
    Mat Block.
    Dark Pulse.
    Hydro Pump.

I started using this pokemon for Mat Block support, but I've discovered it's really not that useful in doubles, as I mainly get hit by status moves anyway. I use dark pulse over extrasensory because my Gengar runs psychic. I'm considering replacing this guy all together as he's really frail and hardly ever KOs anything.

Gengar@Expert Belt.
    Timid Nature.
    6 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd.

Destiny Bond.
    Shadow Ball.
    Sludge Bomb.
    Dazzling Gleam.

I use this guy because his levitate resists Garchomps earthquake and sludge bomb hits the fairys Garchomp can't. Dazzling gleam is just for coverage really. I really like destiny Bond because of Gengars high speed and low bulk, it's likely to take a pokemon down with it.

Tyranitar@Chople Berry.
    Sand Stream.
    Adamant Nature.
    252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 6 atk.

Earthquake.
    Stone Edge.
    Rock Slide.
    Crunch.

This guy really doesn't do much except bring sand for Garchomp, which Garchomp doesn't really need after a swords dance. This is the pokemon I'm most likely to replace. I originally ran it with Assault Vest, but Close Combat kept 1 hitting me so I switched to chople berry. I run rock slide and stone edge to either get high damage on one pokemon or low damage on two.

So there's the team. Any criticism is welcome and greatly appreciated.
    White 2 FC: 2108 6583 8241
    HeartGold Badge Quest:

My shiny pics: http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...y/My%20shinies

I don't know if this is a good team for Super Singles, but I made it before Pokébank, and I wanted to see what it would be like to use a team that consisted only of Kanto Pokémon:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Skill Link
    Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Shell Smash
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Protect

and my final member is, to complete a FWG core and my gimmicky team of using only Kanto Pokémon...

Flareon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    Curse
    Flare Blitz
    Wish
    Protect
    Last edited by Rakansen; 2nd March 2014 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Called it Pokébank OU instead of just Pokébank :P
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

BurningBlaze, I would put Gengar with Garchomp as a lead and give a Focus Sash. Protect might be a good option over Destiny Bond; the fact that it's frail means the AI is likely to target it with attacks. You'll want the coverage of your other moves, though. Destiny Bond isn't particularly good in doubles because your Pokemon are more valuable and you can't choose which Pokemon you're going to KO. Garchomp doesn't necessarily need Garchompite; it may do better with a Yache Berry. Try it out and see what works best.

You'll want something you can switch in to Ice moves, since Garchomp will attract a lot of them. Scizor, Metagross, and Heatran are all decent options. Tyranitar is great at switching into Ice moves too, but it breaks Gengar's Sash, so that's bad. You could use a Fire-type (Blaziken, Darmanitan), but they're bad at switching into anything else because they're pretty frail. Gyarados is another good back-up, since it's immune to Garchomp's Earthquake and can hurt bulky Ground types. Rotom-W is another good option for the same reason, and it can use Discharge when paired with Garchomp.

Also, avoid moves with less than 90% accuracy whenever possible. 90% accuracy moves should be used very sparingly, with Rock Slide and Heat Wave being the big ones that you can viably use, but you can use High Jump Kick if you don't rely on it very much. You can use Hydro Pump on Rotom-W (only because it has no other options), but again, you want to use it as little as possible.

Good luck!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast