Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    It's only any good in Singles, obviously, and if the opponent happens to Protect on the turn you attack, Durant's almost deadweight. Fake Out too, among other things. If the AI had half the mind to switch out, then it wouldn't work at all, but it's definitely a fun strategy if you're bored and just want BP.

Biggest problem is that Hidden Ability Durant is only found in hordes.
    Well it's easy to spot at least. Just wait for two turns and see who goes lazy.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I managed to beat the Super Singles on my 2nd try! The first time, I lost to a bulky as hell Volcarona that survived Aegislash's Shadow Sneak at around 10-15% HP and was left with like 1HP left and KOed me with Overheat. I also got the Flame Body hax afterwards just to rub it in my face.

Of course I had some bumps on the way but I somehow managed to overcome them. I saved the videos too.

P55G-WWWW-WWW2-HUS9
    This one went for way too long...Aegislash was frozen for WAY too long. That battle lasted 46 TURNS! GEEZ!

U5NG-WWWW-WWW2-M3FQ
    I got completely lucky with this one right at the end! No way I should have won that.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Well it's easy to spot at least. Just wait for two turns and see who goes lazy.
    Yeah, that's true. When I tried searching for one, I initially turned off animations, which made it impossible for me to tell which was the Truant one, so I accidentally KO'ed it. Next time, it was easy to spot. If only Hidden Abilities in hordes weren't so rare, though. That's just an awful pain to deal with. Though if it makes the Maison simpler for BP farming, I'll take it.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Yeah, that's true. When I tried searching for one, I initially turned off animations, which made it impossible for me to tell which was the Truant one, so I accidentally KO'ed it. Next time, it was easy to spot. If only Hidden Abilities in hordes weren't so rare, though. That's just an awful pain to deal with. Though if it makes the Maison simpler for BP farming, I'll take it.
    I agree. Well, at least I'm spending that time leveling up my Gabite, so at least it's not TOTALLY wasted time...

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I just beat the Super Singles Boss for the second time, forgot to save the battle the first time to record the moves and whatnot so I ran through it again, I used
    Focus Sash Gengar
    Timid
    Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Sludge Bomb and Destiny Bond

Choice Scarf Garchomp
    Jolly
    Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Iron Head

Choice Band Azumarill/Mega Scizor
    Adamant
    Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, and Superpower. Then for Scizor, Bullet Punch, Thief, Swords Dance, Roost

and just for the boss I switched out Garchomp for Scarf Greninja, completely wrecks her with Protean Ice Beam.

Didn't want to go through the lengthy process of Truant Durant then set-up every match, so Gengar usually always nets me two KOs as the AI don't really play around Destiny Bond, KO the first poke then Destiny Bond the second, send out either one of the others to KO the last.
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2680 - 9526 - 6350
    Friend safari Dragon: Druddigon, Fraxure, Noibat

Is anyone else deathly afraid of Unburden Slurpuff? I run a team of Mawile, Gyrados and Goodra. It pretty much always causes a ruckcus before it goes down, I even had to switch Muddy Water on my Goodra to Sludge Bomb in order to handle it because Mawile and Gyrados do not like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt to the face. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by notnotjohn View Post
    I just beat the Super Singles Boss for the second time, forgot to save the battle the first time to record the moves and whatnot so I ran through it again, I used
    Focus Sash Gengar
    Timid
    Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Sludge Bomb and Destiny Bond

Choice Scarf Garchomp
    Jolly
    Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Iron Head

Choice Band Azumarill/Mega Scizor
    Adamant
    Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, and Superpower. Then for Scizor, Bullet Punch, Thief, Swords Dance, Roost

and just for the boss I switched out Garchomp for Scarf Greninja, completely wrecks her with Protean Ice Beam.

Didn't want to go through the lengthy process of Truant Durant then set-up every match, so Gengar usually always nets me two KOs as the AI don't really play around Destiny Bond, KO the first poke then Destiny Bond the second, send out either one of the others to KO the last.
    Destiny Bond Gengar is actually a REALLY good idea. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it Anyways, how much BP did you earn for beating the Super Singles Boss?
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 15th November 2013 at 2:23 PM.

3DS FC: 3797-7121-7439

IGN: Amagidyne: Y Version: English

IGN: Amagidyne: X Version: Spanish

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the opponents Pokémon have maxed IVs or such?
    I'm currently only using my ingame team to farm BP while raising a proper competative team, but a Mega Gardevoir being out-sped by a basic pokémon in normal single...
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

So, I'm going to build my battle maison team now. Any suggestions? I'm willing to start from scratch, I'll just trade if I don't have the pokemon. I do, however have a 5IV Dragonite, Talonflame, Noivern and Aegislash.
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

Quote Originally Posted by Amagidyne View Post
    Is anyone else deathly afraid of Unburden Slurpuff? I run a team of Mawile, Gyrados and Goodra. It pretty much always causes a ruckcus before it goes down, I even had to switch Muddy Water on my Goodra to Sludge Bomb in order to handle it because Mawile and Gyrados do not like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt to the face. >.>

Destiny Bond Gengar is actually a REALLY good idea. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it Anyways, how much BP did you earn for beating the Super Singles Boss?
    Its 50 BP for beating the Battle Charletaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the opponents Pokémon have maxed IVs or such?
    I'm currently only using my ingame team to farm BP while raising a proper competative team, but a Mega Gardevoir being out-sped by a basic pokémon in normal single...
    If it's anything like the Battle Subway, then the Pokémon will be EV trained, but not perfect IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    So, I'm going to build my battle maison team now. Any suggestions? I'm willing to start from scratch, I'll just trade if I don't have the pokemon. I do, however have a 5IV Dragonite, Talonflame, Noivern and Aegislash.
    I would suggest using Dragonite and Aegislash, and then find a third member to take care of some weaknesses.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 15th November 2013 at 3:21 PM.

Multiscale Dragonite is a monster, he will for surely take down at least one rival Pokemon. A good Aegislash is funny because the opponent's AI doesn't account for Stance Change.

A word to the wise, the AI cheats sometimes, as in it reads what move you will use and what Pokemon you'll switch to.

One more thing: Don't use Zoroark, I learned that the hard way >.>

Dragonite and Aegislash are both checked by Weaville and many rock/ground/ fighting Pokemon, so make sure you have a Poke that can take the abuse, usually you can play around it by being smart, but sometimes that is not an option..

Skarmory is a good wall, although, it's damage potential is low sometimes.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 15th November 2013 at 4:01 PM.

I still have to unlock the single, double and rotation battles. LOL
    I wonder if it's my fault or just plain bad luck....
    The Pokčmon I'm using right now are:

Florges

Moon blast
    Petal dance
    Lucky chant
    Calm mind

Held item: Pixie plate

Talonflame

Brave bird
    Flare blitz
    Agility
    U-turn

Held item: Flame plate

Barbaracle

Hearthquake
    Rock slide
    Razor shell
    Cross chop

Held item: Splash plate

Heliolisk

Bulldoze
    Thunderbolt
    Parabolic charge
    Razor wind

Held item: Zap plate

Is there something wrong with my team and the items they hold?
    Last edited by Aetius; 15th November 2013 at 6:01 PM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Amagidyne View Post
    Multiscale Dragonite is a monster, he will for surely take down at least one rival Pokemon. A good Aegislash is funny because the opponent's AI doesn't account for Stance Change.

A word to the wise, the AI cheats sometimes, as in it reads what move you will use and what Pokemon you'll switch to.

One more thing: Don't use Zoroark, I learned that the hard way >.>

Dragonite and Aegislash are both checked by Weaville and many rock/ground/ fighting Pokemon, so make sure you have a Poke that can take the abuse, usually you can play around it by being smart, but sometimes that is not an option..

Skarmory is a good wall, although, it's damage potential is low sometimes.
    Just curious what happened with Zoroark that makes him bad for the Maison?

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I still have to unlock the single, double and rotation battles. LOL
    I wonder if it's my fault or just plain bad luck....
    The Pokčmon I'm using right now are:

Florges

Moon blast
    Petal dance
    Lucky chant
    Calm mind

Held item: Pixie plate

Talonflame

Brave bird
    Flare blitz
    Agility
    U-turn

Held item: Flame plate

Barbaracle

Hearthquake
    Rock slide
    Razor shell
    Cross chop

Held item: Splash plate

Heliolisk

Bulldoze
    Thunderbolt
    Parabolic charge
    Razor wind

Held item: Zap plate

Is there something wrong with my team and the items they hold?
    I would suggest using a fast team that can hit hard or some of the bulkier attackers. I've seen things like Garchomp, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Azumarill, Mega Blaziken just tear through the battles. Also heard Aegislash works really well as the AI don't take into account of Stance Change so you can abuse that with Swords Dance
    Last edited by notnotjohn; 15th November 2013 at 7:04 PM.
    Pokemon Y

I'm guessing that his ability Illusion doesn't trick the AI in the Battle Maison.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 15th November 2013 at 7:46 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I would suggest using a fast team that can hit hard or some of the bulkier attackers. I've seen things like Garchomp, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Azumarill, Mega Blaziken just tear through the battles. Also heard Aegislash works really well as the AI don't take into account of Stance Change so you can abuse that with Swords Dance
    I see.
    Well thanks for the advice; if I'll fail again I'll follow it.

Just beat the Regular Battle Charletaine Morgan for Rotation, she was a joke, it was my team of Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash / random poke vs. Swalot / Klefki / Sawsbuck / Mantine.

I DD'd while Swalot Stockpiled, I mega evolved, and then swept the team.

Now I'm gonna work on the Doubles line.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 15th November 2013 at 8:26 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I've just beat the battle Charletaine for super singles.

I had a close call with a bulky Venusaur using the sub/leech/protect strategy. I couldn't out damage it, so I just DD with Gyrados, the AI knew it's strategy wouldn't work any further, so it started spamming Sludge Bomb. That battle seriously took like 8 minutes >.>

also congratz Foxyman.
    Last edited by Amagidyne; 15th November 2013 at 8:11 PM.

When do you battle the Chantelaines in super multi battle? Is it 50? God it is tough. What pokemon do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    When do you battle the Chantelaines in super multi battle? Is it 50? God it is tough. What pokemon do they have?
    Yeah you battle the Charletaines at 50 for the Super versions, and I believe for Multi Battles they have random pokes that they use in the other modes, so its kinda hard to prepare for it
    Pokemon Y

Urgh, got to battle 50 of super singles. earth power critical hits my garchomp, out of anger I didnt check what i sent in and aegislash got destroyed... switch to gyarados, thunderus come out, i mega evolve after dragon dancing hurricane causes confusion hit myself in confusion... GF.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Defeated Nita and Evelyn and almost defeated Morgan, but lost in the most crucial moment. LOL
    I don't know what I'll do now; doing the super single, double and triple battles.....
    About the super ones, how many BP can you earn with each battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    About the super ones, how many BP can you earn with each battle?
    It increases every ten battles, I believe it starts off with 2 BP, and it increases by 1 BP every ten battles, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I've been using the Battle Maison since I'm training a new team for it at the moment.
    Last edited by Rakansen; 16th November 2013 at 6:49 PM. Reason: Spacing errors D:
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    It increases every ten battles, I believe it starts off with 2 BP, and it increases by 1 BP every ten battles, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I've been using the Battle Maison since I'm training a new team for it at the moment.
    Yup, that's right, and it caps at 7 BP. So once you get a streak going beyond the Chatelaines, you always get 7 BP per battle that you win.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Thanks for answering me.
    One last thing; the multiple battles are worth partecipating in? Do you unlock the super version of it? Does it give you many BP.
    I know that I could just see it for myself, but I want to avoid wasting my time in something that do not add anyhing....

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Oh my goodness, thank you. I've been wanting this thread to happen so long, in fact I was thinking of posting one until this popped up!

This is the current team I'm building on for Super Singles:

Carracosta @ Shell Bell
    Ability: Sturdy
    Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Shell Smash
    Rock Slide
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Protect

Heat Rotom @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Trick
    Volt Switch
    Overheat
    Shadow Ball

The Battle Maison, as many people say, can be really hectic due to the AI. Many of the opponents carry Quick Claw, and many low accuracy moves such as Blizzard and Thunder can not only hit, but it can also land a critical hit AND a status condition easily. If that wasn't bad enough, the upper levels are crawling with Quick Claw + OHKO Move, hence the reason why I chose a Carracosta with Sturdy as a sweeper. The reason why Carracosta carries Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge is to be on the safe side in terms of accuracy due to the unpredictable nature of the Battle Maison, and Carracosta also carries a Shell Bell to set up more Shell Smashes if its HP is full. Venusaur is mainly there to stall my opponents and check Carracosta's main weaknesses: Electric and Grass.

I'm looking forward to hearing tips and strategies from you guys, so far I've noticed that the best teams consist of only one sweeper, since having more than one can make your team very fragile.
    Wow ive made a team really similare to yours! I just recently started the Battle Maison challenge and ive managed to only get to the 33 trainer with this team:

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Tough Claw
    Adamant
    252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
    Shell Smash
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Razor Shell

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
    Modest
    (This venusaur is the one from the begining, I intend to breed to get one with Giga Drain with a Calm Nature)
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Venoshock
    Energie Ball

Rotom-Heat @ Leftover
    Ability: Leviate
    Bold(+Def,-Att)
    ( His EV are spread a way to make him overally bulky )
    Thunderbolt
    Will-o-wisp
    Volt Switch
    Overheat

I will probably change my Barbaracle for Caracosta, sturdy will be nice and i'll make him hold a Lum Berry, in case he get a statue problem.
    I need to get this Venusaur with Giga Drain, Venoshock really helped me in many occasion, dont know if a should change it? MyRotom-H will stay like this, he really help a lot, this Bold Nature helped when taking physical hit that could have beat him.

It would be nice to get some tips!
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

If someone can post Battle Video codes for Dana's Super team (or just her items), that'd be swell; I'm looking to take her items and movesets from her 'mons.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 17th November 2013 at 2:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast