Nature: Jolly
    -Sword Dance
    -Protect
    -Close Combat
    -Fire Blitz
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

I'm in the process of creating a Battle Maison team right now. Before I did that, I decided to battle some just for fun and ended up defeating Nita in the single battle challenge.

battle manson is soooo boring... I wish battle frontier was here... Hope it returns with ORAS...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    Durant @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Truant
    Nature: Timid
    - Entrainment
    - Protect
    - Iron Head
    - Crunch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
    Ability: Doesn't matter -> Aerilate
    Nature: Adamant/Timid
    -Sword Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Protect
    -Quick Attack

Infernape @ Weakness Policy or an anti Water/Psychic/Flying/Ground berry
    Ability: Doesn't matter
    -Sword Dance
    -Protect
    -Close Combat
    -Fire Blitz
    Okay, thank you very much for the help! I would have tried to create something myself, but I'm horrible at building teams.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    Okay, thank you very much for the help! I would have tried to create something myself, but I'm horrible at building teams.
    My bad, that Pinsir should be Adamant/Jolly, ps: It really is best to go Adamant since you'll be doing quick attack 99% of the time.

what is the highest win you guys have gotten for the battle maison?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    what is the highest win you guys have gotten for the battle maison?
    I was somewhere around 100 when I lost to something very stupid in Super Singles.

Daaamn I hate all the hax that goes on in this place.

As of now, my streak is 42.
    My team is Lead DD Multiscale Dragonite, SD Talonflame, and Mega-Venasaur with Giga/SludgeBomb/Leech/Synthesis.

Battle 43, wtf is this
    Leads with Terrakion

Terrakion takes down my Dragonite to about 2/5, and I DD'd. But nope, it's scarfed, so there goes one.

Send out Venasaur and successfully able to stall it out.

Then it sends out Cresselia. WHAT THE HELL
    I know the 50th person has legendaries but I wasn't expecting prior to it...
    I Leech Seed it, it Calm Minds. Psychic is a 3HKO so I can stall it out with Synthesis and Sludge Bomb.
    It's a RestChesto set, so I got it down to where it Rested again and sent out Talonflame.
    At this point I just Swords Dance and the Leech Seed gets it down to where I'm able to kill it.

Whew.. I might actually do this... Sends out a Zapdos, not too horrible, I guess...
    I Brave Bird it, obviously not going to kill it but it brings me down to 3 HP. It Ancientpowers, and whadday'know, it gets the stats boost.
    Mega Venasaur comes out and it only has Air Cutter. Judging from it's hit, it's a 3HKO, and I seeded it by that point, where I could Synthesis stall it out again.

NOPE
    CRIT
    WHY

And there goes my streak.

Sigh
    In-game name: Carl
    Friend Code: 3325-3523-8312
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Pancham / Mienfoo / Riolu

How am I supposed to expect the unexpected if expecting the unexpected turns the unexpected into the expected?

Since I am back to school, I have little to no time to visit the forums during the weekdays, but the weekends I am almost always available. I still accept breeding requests, but don't expect me to finish them quickly.

Finally lost in super doubles at fight #338.
    The team i was running with:
    - Protean Greninja with Life Orb
    - Sturdy Aron with Berry Juice
    - Kangaskhan with Kangaskhanite
    - Klefki with leftovers

Started out bad from the get go. If i remember correctly the NPC opened up with Lucario and Infernape (both had priority moves) and i made the mistake (most likely out of exhaustion, playing at 1 ish) of going endeavor+mat block, when i probably should've gone for surf + protect. To make matters worse, instead of both targeting my aron, my greninja was targeted and one shot. Took both the Lucario and Infernape down, but by then i had already lost both greninja and aron and my mega-kangaskhan was nearly ko'd from infernapes close combat. To make matters worse, the npc would go on to send out a charizard and an emboar. Stalled as much as i could with klefki, paralyzing both of the pokemon but it wasn't enough unfortunately and i lost .

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Smile

I finally got all the trophies
    10396542_720181234712281_1409775334_n.jpg
    Finished a Super Multi streak in the Battle Maison, hitting 168 wins before losing.
    Here are the details: 2Y9W-WWWW-WWW7-K8TB

The Team

Charizard Charizardite Y
    Ability: Solar Power/Drought
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam
    Dragon Pulse
    Protect

Typhlosion Choice Scarf AI
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Eruption
    Focus Blast
    Heat Wave
    Extrasensory

Garchomp Lum Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Sword Dance

Feraligatr Lum Berry
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch

Biggest threats to the team are Aerodactyl, Archeops, Choice Scarf Landorus, Fire types and Flash Fire, but Garchomp can take care of them. I plan to use this team in doubles, but I'll have to replace Feraligatr

Quote Originally Posted by Dr@gunov View Post
    I finally got all the trophies
    10396542_720181234712281_1409775334_n.jpg
    Finished a Super Multi streak in the Battle Maison, hitting 168 wins before losing.
    Here are the details: 2Y9W-WWWW-WWW7-K8TB

The Team

Charizard Charizardite Y
    Ability: Solar Power/Drought
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam
    Dragon Pulse
    Protect

Typhlosion Choice Scarf AI
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Eruption
    Focus Blast
    Heat Wave
    Extrasensory

Garchomp Lum Berry
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Sword Dance

Feraligatr Lum Berry
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch

Biggest threats to the team are Aerodactyl, Archeops, Choice Scarf Landorus, Fire types and Flash Fire, but Garchomp can take care of them. I plan to use this team in doubles, but I'll have to replace Feraligatr
    congratulations!

Finally! Got the Starf Berry, with a 200 Win Streak in Super Triple battles. Took long enough, and I think I have a lifetime supply of BPs by now.
    Last edited by EXGShadow; 15th June 2014 at 2:43 PM.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeman Man View Post
    Daaamn I hate all the hax that goes on in this place.

As of now, my streak is 42.
    My team is Lead DD Multiscale Dragonite, SD Talonflame, and Mega-Venasaur with Giga/SludgeBomb/Leech/Synthesis.

Battle 43, wtf is this
    Leads with Terrakion

Terrakion takes down my Dragonite to about 2/5, and I DD'd. But nope, it's scarfed, so there goes one.

Send out Venasaur and successfully able to stall it out.

Then it sends out Cresselia. WHAT THE HELL
    I know the 50th person has legendaries but I wasn't expecting prior to it...
    I Leech Seed it, it Calm Minds. Psychic is a 3HKO so I can stall it out with Synthesis and Sludge Bomb.
    It's a RestChesto set, so I got it down to where it Rested again and sent out Talonflame.
    At this point I just Swords Dance and the Leech Seed gets it down to where I'm able to kill it.

Whew.. I might actually do this... Sends out a Zapdos, not too horrible, I guess...
    I Brave Bird it, obviously not going to kill it but it brings me down to 3 HP. It Ancientpowers, and whadday'know, it gets the stats boost.
    Mega Venasaur comes out and it only has Air Cutter. Judging from it's hit, it's a 3HKO, and I seeded it by that point, where I could Synthesis stall it out again.

NOPE
    CRIT
    WHY

And there goes my streak.

Sigh
    When I was doing Super Singles, from the 40-50 streak, I fought like 6 teams of legends... it was quite nerve wrecking.

I finally got around to adding a post to my post count, so that I can post my happenings on the Battle Maison. For the past few months, I worked really hard at trying to find the perfect team for Super Singles to get up to 200 wins in a row and get the Starf Berry. Literally after several failed attempts, I finally managed to do it last night! Prior to this, the highest streak I got was 129 wins in a row, so I've had the Lansat Berry for at least a few weeks now. I could just never get higher than that, usually due to a dumb mistake on my part, bad luck, or just being haxed by the Battle Maison. Yesterday I stomped through Battle #110 all the way up to Battle #200 against an Abomasnow, Pyroar, and Empoleon and won with minor difficulty. Getting there on the other hand was somewhat of a different story, but first let me present the team I used that finally got me there.

Kangaskhan - Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Scrappy - Parental Bond
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD
    IVs: 31, 31, 31, x, 31, 31

Return
    Earthquake
    Fake Out
    Sucker Punch

Gliscor - Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 6 SP DEF
    IVs: 31, 31, 31, x, 31, 31

Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Toxic
    Protect

Chansey - Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 6 SP DEF
    IVs: 31, x, 31, 31, 31, 31

Seismic Toss
    Counter
    Toxic
    Softboiled

I can tell you honestly that having to attempt the 200 win streak on several tries and failing before finally achieving it really helped me learn the Battle Maison inside and out, and to know what to expect.

Mega Kangaskhan is a god send with being able to have priority with Fake Out and Sucker Punch, and having a bulky physical and special wall to switch out to when you know Mega Kangaskhan can't safely tank & one shot the opposing Pokemon really helps keep the team in perfect harmony with each other. Mega Kangaskhan can literally 2-hit KO (technically 4-hit KO because of Parental Bond, but you know what I mean) anything with Return that doesn't resist it, barring defensive buffs, and Earthquake helps to round out the coverage against Pokemon that resist Return.

Both Gliscor and Chansey are great for sucking up those nasty status conditions, since once Gliscor gets poisoned by his Toxic Orb, sleep, paralysis, burn, and etc will not work on him and Chansey can take any of those and just switch out to remove them. Gliscor is amazing in the Toxic stalling department, and Chansey is capable of much of the same and can get around defensive buffs due to Seismic Toss. Earthquake on Gliscor is fairly standard and helps give him coverage against Poison and Steel types that are unaffected by Toxic, and Ice Fang helps round things out against Grass, Flying, Ground, and annoying Dragon types (I'm looking at you Swords Dancing Garchomp). I can literally count on both my hands the number of times I got freeze hax against the computer using Ice Fang and it help led me to a swift victory.

While I don't have much to say regarding Chansey, I will say that having Counter allowed me to get around some annoyances and get in some cheap 1-hit KOs when I needed them, especially against Pokemon that would try to buff their attack and speed. Since Chansey has such high HP, she's a perfect candidate for the move, and for the most part can even tank most fighting type moves at full HP and KO them back with Counter.

Now that I've covered that part of my endeavor, let me go back to what I was saying about knowing the Battle Maison inside and out, because it really gave me the knowledge I needed to push me ahead. When you attempt the Battle Maison, there are going to be instances where the computer will try to hax you with Pokemon that know 1-hit KO moves, and those are by far the most stressful to go up against, due to the severe nature of luck and lack of skill involved.

I had the computer throw a Donphan at me that knew Fissure, but I knew about this already and immediately switched into Gliscor anytime I saw a Donphan, since Flying types are unaffected by the move. One of the worst cases was going up against a Walrein with my Mega Kangaskhan, and the Walrein had the Brightpowder item, and was carrying the Sheer Cold move. I used Fake Out and it missed, immediately a red flag that the Walrein had the Brightpowder. Then it used Sheer Cold and missed. I used Return and knocked it down to a little less than half HP, it uses Sheer Cold again and missed. Then I finally knocked out the abomination with a second Return. One of my prior streaks was ended by that thing, so it felt great to knock it out, and I literally gave it the middle finger when it died.

I also had one my prior streaks ended by the dreaded Articuno, carrying the moves Mind Reader and Sheer Cold, which allow it to fire off a 100% accurate Sheer Cold, which is beyond unfair. This time though, this time...! I used my head and played around it by switching out my Pokemon after Articuno had used Mind Reader on it, greatly increasing my chances against its Sheer Cold move. While I did end up losing my Gliscor in the process, I was able to retaliate with Mega Kangaskhan and kill the annoying bird. Again... I gave my screen the middle finger when Articuno got knocked out.

There was also a few instances of going up against a Ferrothorn every now and then that would try to stall me with Curse or Leech Seed & Ingrain with Leftovers, which I would immediately switch into Mega Kangaskhan and just keep firing off as many Earthquakes as I could until the damned thing would finally die. Definitely an annoyance to watch out for if your team isn't prepared for it, which I admit my team isn't as capable as I might like against it.

I don't think I have much else to really say. I was hell bent on achieving my goal of getting 200 wins in a row to get the Starf Berry, and through all the bad, I stuck to it and finally won! It feels like a huge burden has been lifted from me, and it feels amazing. Now I can finally concentrate on getting the rest of the Battle Maison trophies in their respective Super battle departments, and wrapping up the last few things I need to do in the game (ex: Looker sidequest, catching Moltres, Mewtwo, and Zygarde) before Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are released. Before I forget to mention it though, I have bought all the items and TMs in the Battle Maison, and even now I have just over 5,000 BPs, which is pretty insane. Just shows you how many attempts I made and how many battles I did.

Good luck to the rest of you who are attempting to get 200 wins in a row for the Starf Berry. Just remember that no matter how daunting it seems, with enough dedication, you can achieve anything!
    Last edited by JDude042; 17th June 2014 at 7:13 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0705-2213-6307

Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-Type (Emolga, Pikachu, Luxio)

I never got bigger streak than 20, because I don't know how to continue streak. I also suck in making good competitive teams, which could have any chances to survive.
    Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

Now that I've finally completed the pokédex it's time for me to collect all the trophies at the Battle Maison. But there's one problem... I've got no idea what kind of team(s) I should be building, so some advice would be nice.
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    Now that I've finally completed the pokédex it's time for me to collect all the trophies at the Battle Maison. But there's one problem... I've got no idea what kind of team(s) I should be building, so some advice would be nice.
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...cords.3492706/

Check that thread out, it gives examples of teams for each trophy, if you click on it (a particular team) it takes you to the post of where the team was posted and give you detailed information on each of the pokemon in said team.

I recommend Truant Durant for Super Singles and lvl 1 Aron/Greninja for Triples.

for those looking for team advice, I was able to rack up a streak of 49 in Super Singles with the following team:

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dig (an unusual choice, I know, but I found it helpful for Electric-types)
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Togekiss @ King's Rock
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Nature: Modest
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    - Iron Head
    - King's Shield
    - Sacred Sword
    - Shadow Sneak

for the battle against Nita, I swapped Togekiss with the following Goodra and emerged victorious:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thunderbolt
    Last edited by phoenix12; 20th June 2014 at 8:24 PM.

Just finished farming all of the BM items

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    for those looking for team advice, I was able to rack up a streak of 49 in Super Singles with the following team:

Greninja @ Life Orb
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dig (an unusual choice, I know, but I found it helpful for Electric-types)
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Togekiss @ King's Rock
    Ability: Serene Grace
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    - Iron Head
    - King's Shield
    - Sacred Sword
    - Shadow Sneak
    I had a very similar team:

Greninja @ Expert Belt (Life Orb is better, but I only have one and keep it on an Ambipom in my Battle Box)
    - Dark Pulse
    - Grass Knot
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    - Poison Jab (die Fairies die)
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Nature: Brave
    - Swords Dance
    - King's Shield
    - Sacred Sword
    - Shadow Sneak

I got to SS 57 with that team, then lost because I wasn't paying enough attention to the battle. Only problem I ever have is with Fighting types, and I normally just block them with Aegislash. One King's Shield turns a Night Slash into nothing, and repetitious KS and Leftovers recovery is a slow-but-steady process to victory.

devilmonkey's Breeding Sanctuary

Click the above image to see my trade shop
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4742 - 5151 - 0620
    IGN: Atomsk

I'm a Monotype trainer myself, specifically using Psychic types. Anyone know how well a monotype team would do in the Battle Maison? I'm mostly asking for Psychic-types, but I guess I'd like to know for some others.

Monotype teams wouldn't work at all. A number of trainers have teams that are concentrated around a handful of types (Water+Grass+Ground or Dark+Fire+Poison, for example), meaning you're likely to run into a trainer who has three Pokemon with moves that are super-effective against your type. You can build monotype teams to somewhat cover their weaknesses (using Water/Ground Pokemon on a Water monotype team to beat Electrics, for example), but you're typically only using one Pokemon to cover each type weakness. One Pokemon typically can't beat three Pokemon easily, even if it's good against them (the sort of Pokemon that sometimes do beat entire teams of three Pokemon, such as Mega Kangaskhan, Dragonite, Aegislash, Greninja, and Suicune, typically don't add extra resistances to their monotype teams). The Battle Maison is all about knowing about and preparing for your team's weaknesses. Monotype teams intentionally handicap themselves in that regard to the point where they don't have enough leverage to beat the wide ranges of threats they'll come across.

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

Got a 50+ streak with a durant team. Thanks to nightshade aran for the team idea! I was new to battle tower since gen IV and was unaware of the durant strategy that surfaced in Gen V. I wanted a team for my ribbongross, but i didn't realize i could just switch him in for the 50th battle hahah, oh well. I did the whole streak with a non perfect IV mon on the team which is fun.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Truant
    EV: 252 HP | 252 Spe | 6 SpD
    - Crunch
    - Protect
    - Iron Head
    - Entrainment

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
    Ability: Doesnt Matter => Aerilate
    EV: 252 Atk | 252 Spe | 6 Def
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Quick Attack
    - Sword Dance

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk | 252 HP | 6 Def
    (only attack and Satck 31)
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Bullet Punch
    - Zen Headbutt

with this team basically anything that opens with protect effs over your durant. Fake out sucks too but unless it has a fire move durant should still be able to get an entrainment up unless it is running fake out AND protect (super lame) Basically any protect and you have to switch to your 3rd monster because choice scarf truant. (they will protect every other time with entrainment durant up) and if your 3rd monster dies without taking out the protect monster it's gonna be really hard, but with max attack metagross that luckily never happened he always took out at least 1.5 monsters down if he had to.

entrainment. if durant lives free switch to pinsir. protect, s-dance, protect, s-dance, protect, s-dance, protect, attack, attack, attack

if durant dies, pinsir goes in, s-dance, protect, s-dance, protect, s-dance, protect, attack, attack, attack.

with sturdy....hopefully the comp opens with a sturdy poke so entrainment gets rid of it. If not and it comes up second, EQ, sturdy, rockslide. pinsir dies. metagross has to clean up which is why he has bullet punch so that he has full health for the 3rd pokemon. the other option is you can hopefully switch in durant on the rock slide and have pinsir set up again on the entrainment truant. i don't think i ever had to deal with sturdy on the second AND 3rd pokemon. but i think i had an opening pokemon with sturdy, and then the second one also had sturdy which isn't nearly as bad as the second and 3rd poke having sturdy.

Treat focus sash like sturdy of course, except it should be easier and less risky because most focus sashers aren't gonna be resistant to a flying type quick attack and have rock slide like all of the rock and steel sturdy users.

I could have taken this team to 100+ probably but i needed to reset my streak to get the expert ribbon on a different monster.
    Last edited by Yknot; 29th June 2014 at 7:53 AM.

I plan on using a Multiscale Dragonite holding the Weakness Policy as well as a Mega Kangaskhan. I was just wondering which natures are most viable when using both of these Pokemon in the Battle Maison? Jolly or Adamant?

It seems like Greninja/Dragon/Steel is a pretty common team for this. Personally, I've found success with:

Greninja @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - Extrasensory

My lead. I use Surf over Hydro Pump because the Maison seems extra haxy. The other moves are for coverage. LIfe Orb lets it hit everything that isn't a special wall pretty hard; most things in the Maison are OHKOs with a bunch of 2HKOs and the occasional 3HKO. I've been considering replacing Extrasensory with U-Turn or using Azumarill instead.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage/Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Extreme Speed

In my opinion one of the best Pokemon for the Maison. Can D-Dance on nearly anything then destroy teams with Outrage. Lum is to cure confusion from Outrage or the occasional Burn/Para. Dragon Claw is much safer than Outrage but not as powerful.

Mawile @ Mawilite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    - Play Rough
    - Sucker Punch
    - Fire Fang
    -Swords Dance

An absolute nuke that can take plenty of physical hits thanks to Intimidate and an excellent defensive typing. Thy synergy this thing has with Dragonite is unreal; it eats up Ice, Rock, Dragon, and Fairy attacks while Dragonite doesn't mind the Ground and Fire attacks that threaten Mawile. Keep in mind that Dragonite can take a few hits for Mawile but doesn't appreciate its Scale being broken. Mawile also doesn't like really strong special attacks, even if they're resisted. Could potentially replace Fire Fang with Iron Head since the game likes to throw a lot of Fairy types at this team (Greninja is seen as a Water/Dark type by the game so it's considered weak to Fairy).

I've also found success with Scizor over Mawile, Latios over Dragonite, etc... But this is overall the best team I've found without having to use things like Durant.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast