Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

I have a Machamp I want to use in the battle maison but I'm not sure as to what EV spread I should give it or item.

Machamp Lv. 28 M
    Jolly
    No Guard @ ???
    -Bullet Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Encore

31/31/31/31/31/XX

I got it from wondertrade :x someone was breeding egg moves.

I have an Eevee as well that I plan to use as umbreon

Eevee Lv. 9 M
    Gentle
    Anticipation @ ??? (for umbreon)
    -Sand attack
    -Curse
    -Yawn
    -Wish

31/31/31/XX/31/31

I want to use it as a defense healer so I'm not sure what to do with it.
    I will probably breed for another nature aswell if needed that is.

As for my final and third pokemon I would like to use a mega that goes well for these two but have no clue as to what. I was thinking of using Veanasuar.

All help is appreciated

*credit to Dragon User X for this amazing banner*

If your happy and you know it, go sit in the corner and think about your life.

3DS FC 1478-2903-4134
    IGN: Ellei

Lost to Morgan in Super Rotation earlier tonight. Super-duper frustrating. Ah, well. I'll get her next time.

In the meantime, I'm planning to just sweep Singles with Truant Durant abuse. I was looking for the ideal partner and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this Blaziken actually covers everything:

Blaziken @ Focus Sash or Lum Berry
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: ~156 HP/252 Attack/100 Speed
    -Protect
    -Hone Claws
    -Double Kick
    -Brave Bird

Flying and Fighting have perfect neutral coverage together. Hone Claws solves the problem of a random Bright Powder holder. Double Kick breaks Sashes and goes through Sturdy Pokemon. I figured I'd only invest partially in Speed since it'll blaze past everything after two Speed Boosts regardless, putting the rest toward HP just in case it takes a hit and for Brave Bird recoil. For the item, it's between Focus Sash (in case he's hit), or Lum Berry (in case of, I don't know, Prankster status attacks, I guess).

I think that covers literally everything, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

EDIT --

Maybe Flare Blitz instead of Brave Bird? If I'm right that only leaves Dragon/Flying, Water/Flying and Rock/Flying types as resistances, which can probably just be Flare Blitzed regardless. Otherwise I'm resisted by Thundurus and Zapdos, but maybe that's okay too?

Also, thinking Sitrus Berry might be another useful item for the recoil damage.
    Last edited by Cipher; 17th July 2014 at 6:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Lost to Morgan in Super Rotation earlier tonight. Super-duper frustrating. Ah, well. I'll get her next time.

In the meantime, I'm planning to just sweep Singles with Truant Durant abuse. I was looking for the ideal partner and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this Blaziken actually covers everything:

Blaziken @ Focus Sash or Lum Berry
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: ~156 HP/252 Attack/100 Speed
    -Protect
    -Hone Claws
    -Double Kick
    -Brave Bird

Flying and Fighting have perfect neutral coverage together. Hone Claws solves the problem of a random Bright Powder holder. Double Kick breaks Sashes and goes through Sturdy Pokemon. I figured I'd only invest partially in Speed since it'll blaze past everything after two Speed Boosts regardless, putting the rest toward HP just in case it takes a hit and for Brave Bird recoil. For the item, it's between Focus Sash (in case he's hit), or Lum Berry (in case of, I don't know, Prankster status attacks, I guess).

I think that covers literally everything, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

EDIT --

Maybe Flare Blitz instead of Brave Bird? If I'm right that only leaves Dragon/Flying, Water/Flying and Rock/Flying types as resistances, which can probably just be Flare Blitzed regardless. Otherwise I'm resisted by Thundurus and Zapdos, but maybe that's okay too?

Also, thinking Sitrus Berry might be another useful item for the recoil damage.
    that's actually a pretty fun looking good mega user for durant abuse. i want to try it out now.

however, with durant abuse the idea is that you give entrainment to the opener, then you switch out on the opposing pokes loafing around turn. then it's this pattern, protect (during his attack phase) , hone claws (during his truant phase) doing that six times. so you will have 6 attack boosts (and accuracy boosts) and 6 speed boosts. IMO you don't need anything in speed with this strategy, go for max attack (adamant), and then you can split the rest into his defenses. (you could split defense/SpD if the damage mitigation is greater than the raw HP boost, i forgot the calculations for that strategy, the higher your HP compared to your defensive stasts, you gain more from boosting your defensive stats)

priority moves will still hurt you though if you don't have your own priority move. you could go with quick attack and then you have options for the other. flareblitz leaves you vulnerable to ghost + fire/water, EQ leaves you wide open to any Ghost/levitate, and then you have nightslash as an option which makes fairy/rock , steel/fighting, dark/ghost, fairy/steel harder.

if you are worried about pokemon that open up with protect on durant which really screws over the abuse strategy (because they can protect every time durant tries to entrain truant onto it), then that is when you might want to consider other EV options on mega blaziken if you are carrying a 3rd pokemon like i was (especially watch out for protect + substitute users). or you can max out blazikens attack and pick a second mega evolved pokemon that can take out protect users easily without entrainment abuse. mega garchomp with his 700 total base stat is probably overkill but an option but is also weak to water leads. gyrados could work.

there are 102 protect pokemon out of almost 1000 possible unique pokemon used in super maison teams. so theoretically you have roughly a 10 percent chance to encounter a protect user but on top of that you have a 1/3 chance that it will be the lead pokemon so you are looking statistically like this: 1 lead pokemon out of 30 battles will have protect, assuming homogenous distribution of pokemon species/moveset permutations.

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketeli...MaisonData.txt

here are speed tiers to see what you need to outspeed after x amount of boosts. scarfed aerodactyl is going to eff over your blaziken so if you are depending on blaziken, consider choice scarf aerodactyl a win streak breaker

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...3#post-5265230
    Last edited by Yknot; 22nd July 2014 at 6:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    that's actually a pretty fun looking good mega user for durant abuse. i want to try it out now.

however, with durant abuse the idea is that you give entrainment to the opener, then you switch out on the opposing pokes loafing around turn. then it's this pattern, protect (during his attack phase) , hone claws (during his truant phase) doing that six times. so you will have 6 attack boosts (and accuracy boosts) and 6 speed boosts. IMO you don't need anything in speed with this strategy, go for max attack (adamant), and then you can split the rest into his defenses. (you could split defense/SpD if the damage mitigation is greater than the raw HP boost, i forgot the calculations for that strategy, the higher your HP compared to your defensive stasts, you gain more from boosting your defensive stats)

priority moves will still hurt you though if you don't have your own priority move. you could go with quick attack and then you have options for the other. flareblitz leaves you vulnerable to ghost + fire/water, EQ leaves you wide open to any Ghost/levitate, and then you have nightslash as an option which makes fairy/rock , steel/fighting, dark/ghost, fairy/steel harder.

if you are worried about pokemon that open up with protect on durant which really screws over the abuse strategy (because they can protect every time durant tries to entrain truant onto it), then that is when you might want to consider other EV options on mega blaziken if you are carrying a 3rd pokemon like i was (especially watch out for protect + substitute users). or you can max out blazikens attack and pick a second mega evolved pokemon that can take out protect users easily without entrainment abuse. mega garchomp with his 700 total base stat is probably overkill but an option but is also weak to water leads. gyrados could work.

there are 102 protect pokemon out of almost 1000 possible unique pokemon used in super maison teams. so theoretically you have roughly a 10 percent chance to encounter a protect user but on top of that you have a 1/3 chance that it will be the lead pokemon so you are looking statistically like this: 1 lead pokemon out of 30 battles will have protect, assuming homogenous distribution of pokemon species/moveset permutations.

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketeli...MaisonData.txt

here are speed tiers to see what you need to outspeed after x amount of boosts. scarfed aerodactyl is going to eff over your blaziken so if you are depending on blaziken, consider choice scarf aerodactyl a win streak breaker

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...3#post-5265230
    I ended up going with Brave Bird and Sitrus Berry. So far it's going well. I've encountered some of the opening Protect-users, but so far I think all of them have screwed up their rhythm at some point and I've managed an Entrainment regardless.

My third Pokemon is a Nasty Plot Thundurus with Hidden Power Ice (holding Focus Sash). He seems to be working well so far as well. I might switch to something bulkier for the Protectors though.

Focus Sash has also been a slight problem. I've been trying to remember what can show up Sash'd, but often there's a call between whether I should Double Kick or Brave Bird for that reason (Double Kick usually being safer unless I'm positive it won't KO, which is true for a few Pokemon). There's also a Focus Sash Gengar running around that KO'd Blaziken once, though Thundurus mopped it up.

You're right that ideally I'd want an Adamant Blaziken, but to be honest I got the Jolly one through Wonder Trade with 4 IVs and just decided to use it (it's missing perfect Defense). Battle Maison isn't worth breeding specifically for, I don't think. This was a useable but not competitive Blaziken I could quickly train and slap the moveset onto. I might redistribute the EVs into defenses though.
    Last edited by Cipher; 22nd July 2014 at 7:44 AM.

Found somewhere that shows the opponent Pokémon in Maison. It's located here. Hopefully it should help when planning teams. If Serebii sees this, maybe he can make a page on serebii.net?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

5,200 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Found somewhere that shows the opponent Pokémon in Maison. It's located here. Hopefully it should help when planning teams. If Serebii sees this, maybe he can make a page on serebii.net?
    there are other options too that are not in norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    there are other options too that are not in norwegian
    Really? That's all I found...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

5,200 SRs

Just made it to Earl.

I"m so frustrated that I lost only because my Mega Charizard Y's Air slash missed. It has 95% accuracy it should rarely miss yet I miss with it the first time I used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Xanthan View Post
    I"m so frustrated that I lost only because my Mega Charizard Y's Air slash missed. It has 95% accuracy it should rarely miss yet I miss with it the first time I used it.
    95%? Not in the Maison. You're looking at 70% tops. Which feels like 50%.

The Battle Maison: It's only a matter of time before you get screwed over by hax

I thought super rotation might be easier than singles, due to the fact that you could potentially have 12 different moves to one-shot a variety of types, but the AI's actions seem to be so random at times. You never know where the revolving door is going to stop, and if you'll be in a compromising position when it does. Attempted it twice and lost at 35 and 32.

Edit: Went for super rotation again and am now taking a break after beating #40. Here's my team. All have 5 perfect IV's in the necessary stats.

Protean Greninja w/ Wise Glasses
    Timid Nature EVs: +SpAtk +Spd
    Scald
    Dark Pulse
    Extrasensory
    Grass Knot/Ice Beam

Gale Wings Talonflame w/ Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature EVs: same as 1st pkmn of week
    Brave Bird
    Flare Blitz
    Swords Dance
    Roost

Rough Skin Garchomp w/ Yache Berry (considering switching to Assault Vest)
    Jolly Nature EVs: +Atk +Spd
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Rock Slide
    Iron Head

Sturdy Magnezone w/ Leftovers
    Modest Nature EVs: +SpAtk, rest split between HP and SpDef, with 1EV in Spd
    Discharge
    Flash Cannon
    Reflect
    Magnet Rise
    Last edited by Tytanium18; 14th August 2014 at 9:51 PM.
    Looking for these Safari pokemon: (Normal) (Fairy) Seriously, if you have a Ditto safari, I will love you forever. I also have a lot of slots open, so I'd likely be willing to add you even if you don't have any of these. Just send me a PM here on Serebii if you're interested.
    Y (main) version Safari: Ghost , Phantump
    X version Safari: Dragon , Noibat

Turns out Battle Maison trainers aren't very smart, the just have good pokemon: I went to Battle Maison to get some BP. I had a Choice Specs Gengar as a lead (not my best idea), and the AI's was a Ambipom. It flung a Razor Fang, Gengar flinched(it was a slow Gengar), on the next turn it stole the Spec, KOing my lead and then used U-Turn. After I KO'd the next pokemon with my Feraligatr, the ambipom showed up again, I tried using Dragon Dance and ... the Ambipom used Fake Out. Therefore locking itself in a move it can't use again. Allowing me to use Dance 6 times. It's funny every time i think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcara View Post
    Turns out Battle Maison trainers aren't very smart, the just have good pokemon: I went to Battle Maison to get some BP. I had a Choice Specs Gengar as a lead (not my best idea), and the AI's was a Ambipom. It flung a Razor Fang, Gengar flinched(it was a slow Gengar), on the next turn it stole the Spec, KOing my lead and then used U-Turn. After I KO'd the next pokemon with my Feraligatr, the ambipom showed up again, I tried using Dragon Dance and ... the Ambipom used Fake Out. Therefore locking itself in a move it can't use again. Allowing me to use Dance 6 times. It's funny every time i think about it.
    Oh yes, didn't you know? The AI is very single-minded and its strategies can be easily exploited. The most notable of which is the fact that the AI rarely if ever switches, which is the reason why things like Entrainment Truant Durant + Protect on a Setup Sweeper can allow for infinite setup. Exploiting the AI's single-mindedness is the first step towards success in the Battle Maison.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Lost at #43 in super rotation vs Samurott, Gyarados, Gastrodon, and Excadrill. Was down to my Magnezone and Garchomp vs Gastrodon. Unfortunately Gastrodon had gotten too many curse and amnesia boosts and was carrying leftovers, so Magnezone couldn't put a dent in it. Used magrise and reflect as necessary, but it was only a matter of time before Gastrodon wised up and managed to use waterfall enough times in a row to finish it. Garchomp's outrage couldn't finish it before being 2-shotted by earthquake. Looking back, I should have prioritized keeping Greninja alive to grassknot Gastrodon before it got the 2nd amnesia off, but that probably would have meant losing another party member to one of the opponents' coverage moves. The worst part is the time lost.

Edit: Lost another one @39 due to missing a rockslide. %$!&ing *$#%
    Last edited by Tytanium18; 15th August 2014 at 4:43 AM.
    Looking for these Safari pokemon: (Normal) (Fairy) Seriously, if you have a Ditto safari, I will love you forever. I also have a lot of slots open, so I'd likely be willing to add you even if you don't have any of these. Just send me a PM here on Serebii if you're interested.

Has anybody else tried using Dual Screens? I used it with my Magic Bounce Espeon but I haven't tried making a team around it. It just seemed like it had some potential.
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    Has anybody else tried using Dual Screens? I used it with my Magic Bounce Espeon but I haven't tried making a team around it. It just seemed like it had some potential.
    I have used dual screens for Rotations. It was lovely. Got my trophy on my first attempt.

I used:

Latias @Light clay
    Levitate
    EV's: 252HP/8SpA/248Spe (built for a level 50 HP fire spread)
    - Safeguard
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Dragon Pulse

It even pulled through on it's own in a few games but it really helped my other two set up more freely. I feel rotations and singles are the only modes you can reliably set up in, more so rotations. And I think dual screens only really works for that mode.

I cracked all 5 trophies the other day with pretty different teams for each mode. If people are interested I'll post what I used. Streaks range from 54 in rotations up to 216 in triples. Got most of them on first attempt. Multi was an issue and took me a while with an AI partner but pleased I got there in the end
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Oh yes, didn't you know? The AI is very single-minded and its strategies can be easily exploited. The most notable of which is the fact that the AI rarely if ever switches, which is the reason why things like Entrainment Truant Durant + Protect on a Setup Sweeper can allow for infinite setup. Exploiting the AI's single-mindedness is the first step towards success in the Battle Maison.
    I know that the the A.I. is exploitable, but i felt like sharing that. Also, do i need things like a speed boosting nature or Choice Scarf on the Durant? I heard that all Battle Maison pokemon have perfect natures and IVs, and I only have pretty much a single shot to pass Truant to the foe.

I have discovered one problem with Truant Durant in singles. It's not even the opening move protect users. At least then, they can screw up and I can get my Entrainment in. My problem was, surprisingly enough, a Feraligatr.

Now like most people, I run a Choice Scarf Durant. Why? Because I don't want to be outsped. I want it to do its job and then get off the field. It did it's job alright, but then this Feraligatr did something completely annoying. It used Block.Let me tell you something. When you have two Truant Pokemon on the field, one who is locking into Entrainment and the other who refuses to use any kind of attacking move for the most part and on the rare occasion that it does, it does hardly any damage, it gets old. Fast. I'm talking it went on for about twenty turns before I got annoyed enough and just shut off my 3DS since my Durant was barely in the yellow. I didn't care if I lost my streak at that point. I just wanted it to be over. Talk about the AI exploiting my exploitation.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

Well, I just lost on the Super Double Battle. On the Battle Chatelaine. And why? Because Suicune froze one of my Pokémon.
    At least I had a good run. Got plenty of BP. Perhaps I will continue with this team. Perhaps I will change it. Hmmm....
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 150+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Actually, Durant also has problems with Bright Powder/Lax Incense, Prankster Double Team (Tornadus), Prankster Taunt (Tornadus and Thundurus), Fake Out, Quick Claw Fissure Donphan, and Magic Bounce Espeon, as well as Protect/Detect and trapping moves (there's also Block Lapras and Mean Look Mismagius). There are also Pokemon who will use Explosion on it on the first turn, or who will use Explosion as soon as you send in your set-up sweeper. And then there are all the Pokemon that can stop your sweeper after it's set up, whether through sheer bulk + resistances, Focus Sash/Sturdy, Bright Powder/Lax Incense misses, Quick Claw, or Flame Body/Static/Effect Spore activation (though obviously, only some of those matter for some sweepers; Cloyster doesn't care about Flame Body etc. or Sturdy; something with Hone Claws doesn't care about Bright Powder/Lax Incense).

Durant is good, reliable, and easy to use, but it has a LOT of ways it can lose if you're relying on it getting off Truant 100% of the time.

BAH! I got knocked out after 19WS in SS. -_- I got super haxed on 20 by a maid Leading with Chandelure. So mad at myself. I missed my Cloysters Shell Smashed Rockblack on it. Got confused rayed onto my Rhyperior and hit myself once. Got Critted by Hex. And then Beat it with Mega Gengar. Then I couldn't ohko her Salamence with Sludge Bomb :/ it barely lived.

So if you are curious. My team is

Cloyster
    Focus Sash. Adamant. Skill Link
    Ice Shard
    Shell Smash
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast

Rhyperior
    Weakness Policy. Adamant. Solid Rock
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Rock Wrecker
    Megahorn

Gengar
    Gengarite. Modest. Levitate/Shadow Tag
    Dazzling Gleam
    Sludge Bomb
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

Any questions or suggestion I'd love to hear em. PM or VM me. I really just got an itch to start doing some Battle Maison bs lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

I just lost my 25th win cause I got Min Damage Psychic off on Conkeldurr and then it flung something at me that was supper effective and critted me! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! And then all the sudden the maison wants to give me Focus Sash Ambipoms instead of fake out, kingsrock fling ones! GOD! Stupid stuff like that makes me hate the maison! I always get Min Damaged when I freaking need at least Average damage to win!

On a different note Assault Vest Rhyperior has been giving me better luck with standing possible OHKO Grass Knots and such. Gonna keep it on a little longer to see how good I can do against others. Then going to try Choice Band and Choice Scarf to maybe out speed some slower pokes that can possible ohko me or get enough power to ohko if I can live 1 hit. We shall see though.

To everyone else in there. Good Luck with Hax Masion
    Last edited by Blastonite; 23rd August 2014 at 9:44 AM.

Finally got that 100 winstreak in SS. I used the Greninja/Maw/Dragonite team I posted last page, which I highly recommend.

Next I'm going to try out Doubles.. Any general advice (like what to look out for) that doesn't apply to Singles? I think I'm pretty good at Singles but I have like no Doubles experience.

Thanks to Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design for the banner!
    ~I claim Medicham~

I used this team in Super Singles and it went pretty well; I got to 77 wins until a status spreading Absol screwed me over.

Weavile @Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    Ev:252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    -Ice Shard
    -Counter
    -Icicle Crash
    -Night Slash

This is a somewhat gimmicky set; if the opponent isn't weak to Ice or Dark and I think it's going to use a Physical Attack, I use Counter, which
    is almost always a OHKO (290 damage if the Sash is broken); otherwise I use the other moves. Of course, this set requires you to know the Maison's sets a lot, since there are some surprises like Physical Magmortar (or Special Talonflame). I chose Icicle Crash instead of Ice Punch because it's stronger even though it has lower accuracy, and that flinch rate helped me a bit fighting the hax maison with hax

Garchomp @Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Ev:252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Poison Jab

Pretty straightforward. I picked Garchomp to have more coverage and to have another fast physical attacker in case Weavile faints.

Blastoise @Blastoisinite
    Modest Nature
    Ev:252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/6 Sp. Def
    -Ice Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Water Pulse
    -Aura Sphere

I chose Blastoise instead of something like Greninja here bacause it's bulkier and can take some hits before it goes down, and also because I needed that fighting coverage with Aura Sphere... and because I like Blastoise.
    The virtual bird has been officially claimed by me.
    (Image from here)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    I have used dual screens for Rotations. It was lovely. Got my trophy on my first attempt.

I used:

Latias @Light clay
    Levitate
    EV's: 252HP/8SpA/248Spe (built for a level 50 HP fire spread)
    - Safeguard
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Dragon Pulse
    I aped your strategy by bringing in my Latias (timid nature) from my old White2 game at round 35, removing Garchomp from my aforementioned team, and managed to complete round 50 in Super Rotation today. I also swapped Magnezone's Reflect for Swagger. Almost got screwed over at round 45 by a hypnosis haxing Drifblim vs my Magnezone (silently yelling obscenities at the Maison). Luckily the AI doesn't seem to understand that a suicide KO in a 1v1 (via Destiny Bond) results in a loss.

Round 47 was interesting. Vs. Raikou, Latios, Regigigas, and Cresselia. Latias was a big help in the fight, setting Light Screen before taking out Raikou with Greninja. Greninja left Regigas with low enough hp to be KO'd next round by its Scald burn before going down. Magnezone stayed out front to keep the others safe from Cresselia's Toxic, taking out Latios. Cresselia could have been a real pain; it was carrying Leftovers and knew Double Team, Toxic, Moonlight, and some other insignificant crap that wasn't an offensive move, and had about 3 evasion hax boosts already. Latias' Safeguard turned Cress into a sitting duck as I brought Talonflame in to spam Swords Dance to +6atk while Cress boosted its evasion in vain. After that, all it took was just one connecting Brave Bird to smash Cresselia.

For the fight against the Chatelaine, Morgan, I brought Garchomp back in and removed Magnezone, swapping Gar's Assault Vest for Leftovers (didn't really matter in the long run) and swapping Rock Slide for Shadow Claw to use against the opposing Latias while the Unova trio were still alive (Crunch would trigger Defiant). I also swapped Latias' Safeguard for Psychic, as status moves were nonexistent in the upcoming fight. I considered swapping Light Screen for Wish, but kept it in case the opposing Latias went on a dragon pulsing rampage. Morgan sent out all but Virizion, I had Talonflame in reserve. The opposing Latias put a lot of pressure on me, as I couldn't afford to try and waste Cobalion and Terrakion with Garchomp's Earthquake, only to switch into Latias' Dragon Pulse. I also couldn't keep my Latias out front for long due to the same reason, I set up Reflect and rotated Greninja in. Being really wary of Latias and expecting it to switch in caused me to lose Greninja and Talonflame earlier than I had hoped, and I wasn't sure I could turn it around. At this point, it was just my partially damaged Latias and Garchomp vs full hp Latias, 50% Cobalion and 75% Virizion. I was able to eliminate Virizion with a Shadow Claw from Garchomp (hits all 3 for neutral or better) followed by a Psychic from Latias. Cobalion automatically moved to the front, but I correctly predicted that Latias would switch in and nailed it with a Dragon Pulse, bringing its hp to 40%. I got lucky because it used Calm Mind instead of mirroring me. Somehow my Latias was the faster one even though it has completely random IVs and less than a 31 in speed (Timid with full speed EVs, but I figured the opposing Latias would have a similar spread with perfect IVs to boot). The opposing Latias stayed in, and I finished it with another Dragon Pulse. With the big threat to my team out of the way, all it took was an Earthquake from Garchomp to seal my victory. Next up, Super Singles.
    Last edited by Tytanium18; 23rd August 2014 at 6:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tytanium18 View Post
    I aped your strategy by bringing in my Latias (timid nature) from my old White2 game at round 35, removing Garchomp from my aforementioned team, and managed to complete round 50 in Super Rotation today. I also swapped Magnezone's Reflect for Swagger. Almost got screwed over at round 45 by a hypnosis haxing Drifblim vs my Magnezone (silently yelling obscenities at the Maison). Luckily the AI doesn't seem to understand that a suicide KO in a 1v1 (via Destiny Bond) results in a loss.

Round 47 was interesting. Vs. Raikou, Latios, Regigigas, and Cresselia. Latias was a big help in the fight, setting Light Screen before taking out Raikou with Greninja. Greninja left Regigas with low enough hp to be KO'd next round by its Scald burn before going down. Magnezone stayed out front to keep the others safe from Cresselia's Toxic, taking out Latios. Cresselia could have been a real pain; it was carrying Leftovers and knew Double Team, Toxic, Moonlight, and some other insignificant crap that wasn't an offensive move, and had about 3 evasion hax boosts already. Latias' Safeguard turned Cress into a sitting duck as I brought Talonflame in to spam Swords Dance to +6atk while Cress boosted its evasion in vain. After that, all it took was just one connecting Brave Bird to smash Cresselia.

For the fight against the Chatelaine, Morgan, I brought Garchomp back in and removed Magnezone, swapping Gar's Assault Vest for Leftovers (didn't really matter in the long run) and swapping Rock Slide for Shadow Claw to use against the opposing Latias while the Unova trio were still alive (Crunch would trigger Defiant). I also swapped Latias' Safeguard for Psychic, as status moves were nonexistent in the upcoming fight. I considered swapping Light Screen for Wish, but kept it in case the opposing Latias went on a dragon pulsing rampage. Morgan sent out all but Virizion, I had Talonflame in reserve. The opposing Latias put a lot of pressure on me, as I couldn't afford to try and waste Cobalion and Terrakion with Garchomp's Earthquake, only to switch into Latias' Dragon Pulse. I also couldn't keep my Latias out front for long due to the same reason, I set up Reflect and rotated Greninja in. Being really wary of Latias and expecting it to switch in caused me to lose Greninja and Talonflame earlier than I had hoped, and I wasn't sure I could turn it around. At this point, it was just my partially damaged Latias and Garchomp vs full hp Latias, 50% Cobalion and 75% Virizion. I was able to eliminate Virizion with a Shadow Claw from Garchomp (hits all 3 for neutral or better) followed by a Psychic from Latias. Cobalion automatically moved to the front, but I correctly predicted that Latias would switch in and nailed it with a Dragon Pulse, bringing its hp to 40%. I got lucky because it used Calm Mind instead of mirroring me. Somehow my Latias was the faster one even though it has completely random IVs and less than a 31 in speed (Timid with full speed EVs, but I figured the opposing Latias would have a similar spread with perfect IVs to boot). The opposing Latias stayed in, and I finished it with another Dragon Pulse. With the big threat to my team out of the way, all it took was an Earthquake from Garchomp to seal my victory. Next up, Super Singles.
    Nice one. I'm pleased it worked. I was a bit unsure when I first put Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard on the same set but I think they all definitely deserve their places for a normal maison matchup.

EDIT: Forgot to add nature on my first post about Latias. Mine was timid too.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

I was doing super double battles today and yesterday, after I racked up about a 25 streak earlier, not thinking it would go anywhere. I ended up getting to 100 wins then I lost at 101. It was a mixture of me being over confident and tired of pressing the same buttons. As soon as I realized I was in a corner it was too late to make a comeback and I ended up losing. I'm a bit sad, but my main goal was to get enough battle points for volt switch and I now have 600 BP.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast