Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    If someone can post Battle Video codes for Dana's Super team, that'd be swell; I'm looking to take her items and movesets from her 'mons.
    Looks like Bulbapedia has that info now, assuming it's correct. I don't have a video with her though, seeing as I haven't even reached her.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Klay View Post
    I will probably change my Barbaracle for Caracosta, sturdy will be nice and i'll make him hold a Lum Berry, in case he get a statue problem.
    I need to get this Venusaur with Giga Drain, Venoshock really helped me in many occasion, dont know if a should change it? MyRotom-H will stay like this, he really help a lot, this Bold Nature helped when taking physical hit that could have beat him.
    If you're changing Barbaracle to Carracosta, you may want to consider Waterfall over Aqua Tail due to its 100 accuracy. As we know, the Battle Maison loves hax - Blaziken's HJK is a testament to that.

Giga Drain will definitely help Venusaur's longevity. As for Venoshock, you could play around with Sludge Bomb as well - if the Pokemon can be 2HKOed with 2 Sludge Bombs (as is commonplace in Battle Maison), it's probably better to do so instead of using Toxic then Venoshock. Then again this is theory, so you could try both out then use which is the most effective for you.

Also, have you considered running Sleep Powder on Venusaur then switching to Barbaracle to Shell Smash? A little gimmicky and unreliable due to 75% accuracy, but it might be worth a try.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I'm considering running a Protean Greninja, Mega Blaziken, and Garchomp. Anyone see any holes in my team? Help is appreciated~
    Go dragons~
    FC:1289-8716-7231 (PM me if you add). Friend safari pokemon: Dedenne, Emolga(?), Galvantula.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    I'm considering running a Protean Greninja, Mega Blaziken, and Garchomp. Anyone see any holes in my team? Help is appreciated~
    Well for what it's worth, I just ran a Protean Greninja, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar (the Mega evo going to the one who needed it at the time, usually Megengar). I got a streak of 32 before the trick room teams caught me >_> Narrowly escaped one on battle #31, swept the non-trick room #32 and then fell to another trick room team on #33, all lead by Slowbro. Three relatively frail, speedy sweepers are not the best idea IMO, though Garchomp obviously has much more bulk than Gengar. I'd advise that if you are going to run it, put something that can pummel Slowbro first, as that's the one that sets it up.

Myself, I'll be experimenting with Multiscale DD Dragonite lead, maybe Aegislash, and SB Blaziken/Protean Greninja. The former SHOULD be better, but Greninja was way more helpful in my only Battle Maison run so far.

Edit: I wonder what success people have had with bulkier/stall teams here? Thinking of running a Bold Wish-hax Vaporeon, maybe even bulky Paraflinch Togekiss.
    Last edited by alejandrawr; 17th November 2013 at 6:57 AM.
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrawr View Post
    Well for what it's worth, I just ran a Protean Greninja, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar (the Mega evo going to the one who needed it at the time, usually Megengar). I got a streak of 32 before the trick room teams caught me >_> Narrowly escaped one on battle #31, swept the non-trick room #32 and then fell to another trick room team on #33, all lead by Slowbro. Three relatively frail, speedy sweepers are not the best idea IMO, though Garchomp obviously has much more bulk than Gengar. I'd advise that if you are going to run it, put something that can pummel Slowbro first, as that's the one that sets it up.

Myself, I'll be experimenting with Multiscale DD Dragonite lead, maybe Aegislash, and SB Blaziken/Protean Greninja. The former SHOULD be better, but Greninja was way more helpful in my only Battle Maison run so far.
    Ah, I see. So I'll go M-Blaziken (is night slash an egg move for torchic?), Aegislash, Brave Multiscale DD Dragonite.
    Go dragons~
    FC:1289-8716-7231 (PM me if you add). Friend safari pokemon: Dedenne, Emolga(?), Galvantula.

Ah, I see. So I'll go M-Blaziken (is night slash an egg move for torchic?), Aegislash, Brave Multiscale DD Dragonite.
    Night Slash is an egg move, though you could run Shadow Claw, which works very well with High Jump Kick for coverage. I tend to not run it myself, but that's because I go Hone Claws to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy, and it's awful to have that miss on you. He works ridiculously well too, from my experience.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Night Slash is an egg move, though you could run Shadow Claw, which works very well with High Jump Kick for coverage. I tend to not run it myself, but that's because I go Hone Claws to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy, and it's awful to have that miss on you. He works ridiculously well too, from my experience.
    Oh, alright. So Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Flare Blitz, Hone Claws it is for me, then. I hate missing the high jump kicks too. They hurt a lot. As for Dragonite, should I go DD, Dragon Claw, Fly, Aqua Tail? I don't know of any physical stab flying type moves it has besides Fly and Wing Attack.

Edit: Here's how I beat the regular singles: LYQG-WWWW-WWW3-W87Q (lol my nub team).
    Edit 2: Also thinking about trying out the triple battles. My team would be: Alakazam (Magic Guard), Talonflame(Gale Wings), Mega Charizard X, Dragonite(Multiscale), Heracross(Moxie), and Greninja(Protean). Anyone know any pokemon so I can replace either my heracross, greninja, or talonflame? (cause I'm drawing a blank)
    Last edited by Aegislash; 17th November 2013 at 7:53 AM.
    Go dragons~

Oh, alright. So Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Flare Blitz, Hone Claws it is for me, then. I hate missing the high jump kicks too. They hurt a lot. As for Dragonite, should I go DD, Dragon Claw, Fly, Aqua Tail? I don't know of any physical stab flying type moves it has besides Fly and Wing Attack.

Edit: Here's how I beat the regular singles: LYQG-WWWW-WWW3-W87Q (lol my nub team).
    Edit 2: Also thinking about trying out the triple battles. My team would be: Alakazam (Magic Guard), Talonflame(Gale Wings), Mega Charizard X, Dragonite(Multiscale), Heracross(Moxie), and Greninja(Protean). Anyone know any pokemon so I can replace either my heracross, greninja, or talonflame? (cause I'm drawing a blank)
    I don't think Dragonite really needs a Flying STAB move as it didn't cover much (and there are not many option for Flying Type move on Dragonite). And Fly requires 2 turns to attack which is also not good. I would use Earthquake or Fire Punch instead to cover Steel Type Pokemon. Earthquake to cover Rock and Steel Type Pokemon or Fire Punch to cover Ferrothorn.

I'm having trouble over what to run on Blaziken. Currently have this:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
    (+Sp.Att, - Sp.Def), 252 Speed, 126 Att, 126 Sp.Att
    Speed Boost
    -Hone Claws
    -Overheat
    -Blaze Kick
    -Sky Uppercut

Want to swap something for Shadow Claw but if;

a) I switch it for Overheat, my mixed set (i.e. nature, EVs) are wasted.
    b)I switch it for Blaze Kick, I can't keep using Fire moves due to -2 Sp.Att drop.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I'm having trouble over what to run on Blaziken. Currently have this:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
    (+Sp.Att, - Sp.Def), 252 Speed, 126 Att, 126 Sp.Att
    Speed Boost
    -Hone Claws
    -Overheat
    -Blaze Kick
    -Sky Uppercut

Want to swap something for Shadow Claw but if;

a) I switch it for Overheat, my mixed set (i.e. nature, EVs) are wasted.
    b)I switch it for Blaze Kick, I can't keep using Fire moves due to -2 Sp.Att drop.
    I swear that when it comes to EV's and IV's I'm still a novice, but why did you give to Blaziken a nature that lowered its Sp. Def and increased its Sp. Atk, which isn't even Blaziken's forte?
    Besides isn't Overheat a bit too risky? I think that Blaze kick or Flare Blitz is enough for Blaziken...Shadow claw as you said, should be a better option for type coverage.
    Moreover, I would teach it again Hi jump kick; it is more powerful than Sky uppercut and they pretty much have the same precision.
    Just saying; after al you're free to do what you want with your Pokčmon
    Last edited by Aetius; 17th November 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I swear that when it comes to EV's and IV's I'm still a novice, but why did you give to Blaziken a nature that lowered its Sp. Def and increased its Sp. Atk, which isn't even Blaziken's forte?
    Besides isn't Overheat a bit too risky? I think that Blaze kick or Flare Blitz is enough for Blaziken...Shadow claw as you said, should be a better option for type coverage.
    Moreover, I would teach it again Hi jump kick; it is more powerful than Sky uppercut and they pretty much have the same precision.
    Just saying; after al you're free to do what you want with your Pokčmon
    After MegaEvolving, it has a base 130 Sp.Attack.
    I think it could be useful for the physical walls trying to switch in. Also, I don't want to lose half my HP/kill myself if someone decides to use Protect or send out a Ghost, so that's why I don't run HJK or, to a lesser extent, Flare Blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    After MegaEvolving, it has a base 130 Sp.Attack.
    I think it could be useful for the physical walls trying to switch in. Also, I don't want to lose half my HP/kill myself if someone decides to use Protect or send out a Ghost, so that's why I don't run HJK or, to a lesser extent, Flare Blitz.
    I see, but wouldn't Flamethrower be enough for the physical walls?
    As for the rest well you're right, but I feel like I havent' been of help to you. XD
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Ran that Dragonite-Aegislash-Greninja set. Only made it to 30 wins as opposed to 32 -___- Oddly the matches were easier on average, I really only ****ed up against Gardevoir of all things... With my Greninja >_> Knew that it was too specially defensive to OHKO with Dark Pulse, so I guessed right and used HP Fire, doing damage and resisting the incoming Dazzling Gleam. Decided to go for Surf, not realizing that of course Psychic would come next, so I should've used Dark Pulse for the immunity, and then KOed with Surf on the next turn OTL

Even with Life Orb, Timid 31/x/31/30/31/30 Greninja was doing a lot less damage than I would have liked, swapping him out for M-Gengar one more time before I try ParahaxKiss/M-Aggron/Bulky Wish Vaporeon ._.
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

Either my team setup is horrible for Super battles, or the trainers will always throw a wrench into my strategy of terminating my Earthquake + extra single deadly attack combo. I have only reached the 10th mark (and saved there) for each Super battle type, while my normal battles are all saved at the 20th mark.

Maybe I should breed a better Dugtrio with perfect IVs? I could use a 31 IV boost for everything across the board...

I made it to 47 wins in Super Singles with my team:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
    Levitate
    Modest
    220 HP / 60 SpA / 228 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hydro Pump
    Will-o-Wisp
    Rest

Breloom @ Focus Sash
    Technician
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Spore
    Bullet Seed
    Mach Punch
    Rock Tomb

Talonflame @ Shell Bell
    Gale Wings
    Adamant
    76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
    Protect
    Will-o-Wisp
    Flare Blitz
    Brave Bird

I didn't have too many problems overall, but I got effed over by a Double Team using Cresselia that toxic stalled my entire team in battle #48

Talonflame has a double resistance to grass types, making it safe to switch to it when Rotom leads, but teams with multiple grass types are still dangerous because Rotom can't do anything to them and Breloom doesn't like it when the opponent won't fall asleep. Psychic types are, perhaps, more dangerous, as illustrated by my run ending to Cresselia. Even though it's BS that Cresselia uses Double Team + Toxic + Protect with Leftovers, it would've fallen to a Taunt user or another Toxic staller - or maybe just use a Dark / Ghost type.

I used my Grass-Fire-Water core the whole way, but eventually it's beaten, especially by Dragons. But it's extremely solid, because it covers almost all types, and if they did face Dragons, Breloom could put them to sleep or Rotom / Talonflame could burn them and hit back with neutral.
    Around battle #39, the team should be switched up a bit, though. I think using a Steel type is a must, as well as a Water type with access to Ice Beam.

FC: 3024-6809-5667

I'm trying out my classic combo Garchomp + Crobat lead in doubles. Even before I breed them my in-game team could get me to battle 20 alone before I had to switch. Now I'm back with better moves and properly trained just to see how far I can go without needing to switch. I'm grinding to gather BP to get the items and TMs I might need before I start battling online.

My team:
    Garchomp @ Garchompite
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Jolly (+Spd -Sp.atk)
    4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    -Dual Chop
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Protect

Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Jolly (+Spd -Sp.atk)
    4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    -U-turn
    -Cross Poison
    -Brave Bird(No Flying Gem so I'm not using Acrobatics)
    -Protect

Aegislash @ None(Still need to find Leftovers****aded it away])
    Ability: Stance Change
    Adamant (+Atk -Sp.atk)
    252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.def
    -Shadow Claw
    -Sacred Sword
    -Swords Dance
    -King's Shield

Greninja @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Protean
    Timid (+Spd -Atk)
    4 Hp/ 252 Sp.atk/ 252 Spd
    -U-turn
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Grass Knot

I also have M-Gengar and Klefki that I can use.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I lost a 24 in super multi battle and then I tried again and lost at the same number. It was the same trainers as well. God it sucks to lose when you are somewhat halfway to 50....

Does anyone know if only Entei gets a new move (sacred fire) and no other legends?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Does anyone know if only Entei gets a new move (sacred fire) and no other legends?
    Tornadus has been reported to get Aeroblast, but that's it so far.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I managed to unlock all the super lines for each battle style, just 20 straight wins for each line no problem. Now I have 650 BP, but I can't decide whether to buy all the TMs first, or at all really. I'll never use them, but I'm a collecter, I like to have them all.

Later I'm going to try a new super singles team of Magic Bounce Espeon / Speed Boost Blaziken / Gooey Goodra, and see how far that goes.

Special thanks to the random on my friend list that had Landorus and Milotic in Multi, combined with my Gyara, two EQs killed everything except flying / Levitate.

I have only attempted singles. My Super Single record is 247.

Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEew View Post
    I have only attempted singles. My Super Single record is 247.
    A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    If you're changing Barbaracle to Carracosta, you may want to consider Waterfall over Aqua Tail due to its 100 accuracy. As we know, the Battle Maison loves hax - Blaziken's HJK is a testament to that.

Giga Drain will definitely help Venusaur's longevity. As for Venoshock, you could play around with Sludge Bomb as well - if the Pokemon can be 2HKOed with 2 Sludge Bombs (as is commonplace in Battle Maison), it's probably better to do so instead of using Toxic then Venoshock. Then again this is theory, so you could try both out then use which is the most effective for you.

Also, have you considered running Sleep Powder on Venusaur then switching to Barbaracle to Shell Smash? A little gimmicky and unreliable due to 75% accuracy, but it might be worth a try.
    Yes I was considering using Waterfall over AquaTail, i have a little phobia about the accurcy of the move, but sometime you just dont have the choice. That's why I use RockSlide over Stone Edge even if the difference in power is quite big.

With the accurcy of sleep powder and how the game love to hax( believed that the game was unfair just with me lol) I will probably not use it.

I was considering another member, maybe Tyranitar with a Lum Berry or Assault Vest. Or a Dark type, I strugle a lil bit with those type...
    Maybe even Espeon with Magic Bounce. With Psyshock it souldnt have a probleme againts Blissey, but i dont know if a should make him a lead with Double Screen and Wish. Or offensive with Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball for the steel type and Calm Mind.
    Last edited by Klay; 18th November 2013 at 2:45 AM.
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

Quote Originally Posted by Klay View Post
    Yes I was considering using Waterfall over AquaTail, i have a little phobia about the accurcy of the move, but sometime you just dont have the choice. That's why I use RockSlide over Stone Edge even if the difference in power is quite big.

With the accurcy of sleep powder and how the game love to hax( believed that the game was unfair just with me lol) I will probably not use it.

I was considering another member, maybe Tyranitar with a Lum Berry or Assault Vest. Or a Dark type, I strugle a lil bit with those type...
    Maybe even Espeon with Magic Bounce. With Psyshock it souldnt have a probleme againts Blissey, but i dont know if a should make him a lead with Double Screen and Wish. Or offensive with Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball for the steel type and Calm Mind.
    Woah! Are you planning a team with a Mega Venusaur and a Carracosta too?! I was planning a team with Mega Venusaur, a Carracosta, and Rotom-H!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I tried facing Nita after a 49-battle streak and I lost:

E5LG-WWWW-WWW3-XEN8

It's with my old team: Mega Mawile, Blaziken, and Noivern.

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm already breeding Tirtouga with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed but I've yet to see one with a nature that boosts Speed, since max speed is crucial in outspeeding Thundurus and Landorus. Then again, Crustle has better Speed so I'll be able to invest more in Attack, but I feel as though Carracosta has more coverage. Any tips guys? Thanks.
    Last edited by Rakansen; 18th November 2013 at 3:32 AM.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Tornadus has been reported to get Aeroblast, but that's it so far.
    According to Bulbapedia, Tornadus doesn't have Aeroblast, but Entei has Sacred Fire.

I suspect the Chatelaines use multiple teams.

I got two rather middling streaks today in the 20s range, Mega Blaziken just doesn't have the bulk that Mega Gyarados has, any neutral hit does quite a bit, while almost any SE attack threatens to KO. Blaziken certainly has a power advantage over Gyara, it's got two very powerful STABs, compared to Waterfall.

Not to mention Rotom-H has more resistances to Rotom-W, though Hydro Pump is vastly superior to Overheat. I wish they gave it Fire Blast instead....

Ah well, I'll just use my original Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash team to amass more BP, I'm already at 750.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast