Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Finally I made it!! Peace Chatelaine Nita! That was my team to get to the 49th trainer:

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Tough Claws
    Adamant (+Att, -Def) 252Att, 252Speed and 4Hp
    IV 31/31/31/x/x/31
    Shell Smash
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Rasor Shell

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Chlorophyll -> Thick Fat (a real gift for Venusaur)
    Calm (+S.Def, -Att) 244 Hp
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Sludge Bomb
    Giga Drain

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Careful(+S.Def, -S.Att) 244 Hp
    31/31/31/x/31/31
    Protect
    Ice Fang
    Sword Dance
    Earthquake

Almost lost against the 46-47th trainer,it went like this:
    He start with Latias and me Barbaracle.
    He do a Thunder but miss, i went straight for ShellSmash and got those boost.
    I do RockSlide and miss....he do a Thunder hit me but I survive with the Sash. Next turn, Barba was able to do like 80-85% of damage before falling.
    I sent my Gliscor, he hit me with a Dragon type move( Dragon pulse/Meteor) but dont do a lot of damage, so i was able to beat him with Ice Fang.
    The trainer then sent Regice... My Gliscor had no chance, a unboosted EQuake was able to do something like 15-20% of damage and Gliscor fell from the ice beam...
    I was only left with Venusaur, i Mega evolved it, and missed my leech seed. But Thick Fat made me able to whistand all the IceBeam (even the crit-hit)
    Finally, i was finaly able to drop those Leech Seed and recover all of my Hp with Giga Drain. And lucky me the last pkmn was Terrakion (look so badass).
    His StoneEdge wasnt enough to finish my precious M-Saur and fell from one Giga Drain.

Before the Chatelaine Nita I interupted and changed Barbaracle for:

Rotom-Fan @ Leftover
    Ability: Leviate
    Bold(+Def,-Att)
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    248 Hp
    Shock Wave
    Will-o-wisp
    Volt Switch
    Air Slash

The fight went like this:
    She started with Tornadus and me Gliscor.
    I protect to activate Poison Heal, and after that, I've tried a Sword Dance.
    But one Hurricane from him was able to leave me with 45% of Hp, and I was thinking that I needed my Gliscor for later, so I switched out for Rotom-F.
    He took hurricane very well and without getting confused( the hax wasnt against me now). I've launched many Shock Wave to break his Subs until he fell. She then went with Thundurus. I tried to burn him but failed. And his crunch was quite painful...
    So ive switcehd to Venusaur even if I knew the risk, I went Mega. She used Sky Drop, but I knew that my M-Saur would still stand, and I dropped those Leech Seed on him. Now was the time to stall time. Since Sky drop dont work against Flying type, ive sent Rotom and use WillOWisp and burned him! Next turn i sent MSaur to take the other hit, and recover some Hp trought LS. Next turn, knowing that he would do a Sky Drop I've sent Rotom. I went like this for like 4-6 turn until he fell. My Rotom had all his Hp back.
    Now agaisnt the Scarfed Landorus, i WOWed him and he was lock in extrasensory, that my rotom could take very well. And by miracle a AirSlash was a Crit hit! Landorus fell after another Air Slash and that was it!

But sadly the waitress doesnt ask for save this battle in the VsRecorder.
    I will probably re-tri it with another Team.
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

She doesn't ask to save the battle, but you can save any battle you one, on the option of Continue, Interrupt and Save
    But nice job on beating her!
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2680 - 9526 - 6350
    Friend safari Dragon: Druddigon, Fraxure, Noibat

Quote Originally Posted by notnotjohn View Post
    She doesn't ask to save the battle, but you can save any battle you one, on the option of Continue, Interrupt and Save
    But nice job on beating her!
    Ohhhhh i thought that the Save option was like to Save and close the game.....epic fail! should have tried it at least once -_-"
    Haha and thanks!
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

Had a 73 win streak before I lost due to stubbornness and not paying attention to abilities. I might have been able to keep going if I hadn't started playing in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep...

UFSW-WWWW-WWW3-ANBZ

It was a double battle team:

Talonflame - Adamant - Gale Wings - Choice Band
    252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
    Brave Bird
    Flare Blitz
    Flail
    Acrobatics

I don't even know why I have Flail or Acrobatics on there. 90% of the time you'll just spam priority Brave Bird on everything, and if it'll deal heavy damage to anything that isn't a rock or steel type (even electric types, since they have poor defense) and you'll be able to finish it with the partner Pokemon, and it can K.O. anything weak to flying or neutral and has poor defense outright. Since you'll have both high base speed and priority most of the time, speed EVs were instead placed in HP to boost survivability. Just keep it away from rocks.

Honestly, a priority BP 120 attack just isn't fair.

Absol - Adamant - Super Luck - Razor Claw
    4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Megahorn
    Sucker Punch

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't seen anybody abusing the changes made to the crit rate this generation. Super Luck+Crit Item+Crit Move=100% critical rate, and a Megahorn or Sucker Punch with a 50% critical rate is downright scary. Absol can survive a hit from Hydreigon and one shot it with Megahorn, finish off threatening attackers that Talonflame weakened with Sucker Punch, deals heavy damage to fighting types with a critical psychic attack, and laughs in the face of Curse Steelix with guaranteed crit neutral STAB attacks. Most of the time Absol can survive one hit as long as it isn't weak to it, which always surprises me.

Azumarill - Adamant - Huge Power - Life Orb
    4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
    Aqua Jet
    Play Rough
    Super Power
    Belly Drum

There isn't much to say here. Azumarill is the premier dragon slayer on the team, and plays an important part in beating steel types with Superpower. Belly Drum was used more often before I could afford the life orb, so it may be worth trying to replace that with something else.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Scizorite
    4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
    Bullet Punch
    X-Scissor
    Aerial Ace
    Roost

Yes, every single member of the team is an adamant priority user. It was kind of a theme I had going when I was designing the team. Anyway, the set is pretty obvious, using technician boosted bullet punches for heavy priority damage, and X-Scissor and Aerial Ace against slower enemies when they were most useful. Aerial Ace has the added bonus of ignoring brightpowder and double team hax. Roost is situational, but there is the odd occasion it is useful.

Considering it's a team I didn't put too much thought into (my thought process amounted to 'what are the most powerful priority moves I can cram into one team?') I don't think it did too badly, especially considering it lost due to repeated misplays against legendaries, instead of hax. I guess you could replace megahorn with play rough for better coverage and accuracy, among other things, I'm fairly happy with it. Major weaknesses would be steel types (only Azumarill has a super effective attack, since Talonflame is usually locked into brave bird, and they wall M-Scizor completely) and the lack of defenses on the leads.
    3DS FC: 3652 0647 7573
    Friend Safari: Electric Type-Helioptile, Pachirisu, Zebstrika

Quote Originally Posted by Bliu View Post
    Had a 73 win streak before I lost due to stubbornness and not paying attention to abilities. I might have been able to keep going if I hadn't started playing in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep...

UFSW-WWWW-WWW3-ANBZ

It was a double battle team:

Talonflame - Adamant - Gale Wings - Choice Band
    252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
    Brave Bird
    Flare Blitz
    Steel Wing
    U-Turn

I don't think you will use Acrobatics, so I would suggest adding U-Turn instead in case you ran into a Tyranitar. Use Steel Wing over Flail for a bit of coverages and to deal with Rock Type Pokemon, it would be rarely useful, but it can at least be helpful in some battle. And yes Talonflame is OP lol (make me comeback in Wifi Battle).

I don't even know why I have Flail or Acrobatics on there. 90% of the time you'll just spam priority Brave Bird on everything, and if it'll deal heavy damage to anything that isn't a rock or steel type (even electric types, since they have poor defense) and you'll be able to finish it with the partner Pokemon, and it can K.O. anything weak to flying or neutral and has poor defense outright. Since you'll have both high base speed and priority most of the time, speed EVs were instead placed in HP to boost survivability. Just keep it away from rocks.

Honestly, a priority BP 120 attack just isn't fair.

Absol - Adamant - Super Luck - Razor Claw
    4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Megahorn
    Sucker Punch

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't seen anybody abusing the changes made to the crit rate this generation. Super Luck+Crit Item+Crit Move=100% critical rate, and a Megahorn or Sucker Punch with a 50% critical rate is downright scary. Absol can survive a hit from Hydreigon and one shot it with Megahorn, finish off threatening attackers that Talonflame weakened with Sucker Punch, deals heavy damage to fighting types with a critical psychic attack, and laughs in the face of Curse Steelix with guaranteed crit neutral STAB attacks. Most of the time Absol can survive one hit as long as it isn't weak to it, which always surprises me.

Azumarill - Adamant - Huge Power - Sitrus Berry
    4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
    Aqua Jet
    Play Rough
    Super Power
    Belly Drum

The moveset is good, but I would recommend Sitrus Berry for item, since it will increase survival chance after a Belly Drum.

There isn't much to say here. Azumarill is the premier dragon slayer on the team, and plays an important part in beating steel types with Superpower. Belly Drum was used more often before I could afford the life orb, so it may be worth trying to replace that with something else.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Scizorite
    4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
    Bullet Punch
    X-Scissor
    Aerial Ace/ Brick Break/Rock Smash/Superpower
    Roost/ Sword Dance

You can replace Roost with Sword Dance if you want to increase the chance to OHKO opponent with Bullet Punch. If you think Steel Type will wall Scizor completely, then use Fighting Type move to deal with it.

Yes, every single member of the team is an adamant priority user. It was kind of a theme I had going when I was designing the team. Anyway, the set is pretty obvious, using technician boosted bullet punches for heavy priority damage, and X-Scissor and Aerial Ace against slower enemies when they were most useful. Aerial Ace has the added bonus of ignoring brightpowder and double team hax. Roost is situational, but there is the odd occasion it is useful.

Considering it's a team I didn't put too much thought into (my thought process amounted to 'what are the most powerful priority moves I can cram into one team?') I don't think it did too badly, especially considering it lost due to repeated misplays against legendaries, instead of hax. I guess you could replace megahorn with play rough for better coverage and accuracy, among other things, I'm fairly happy with it. Major weaknesses would be steel types (only Azumarill has a super effective attack, since Talonflame is usually locked into brave bird, and they wall M-Scizor completely) and the lack of defenses on the leads.
    Changes are in Bold

Hope this help

Made it past battle 30 for the first time after swopping gliscor for garchomp. Having a speedy pokemon that can hit hard made a huge difference. Prior to the swop, I had built my team with bulky pokemon. After the swop, I made it all the way to battle 50 before losing to the boss. In hindsight, I should have used garchomp to hit tornadus hard before it can double team and substitute. Ironically, from the mock battle on the Vs recorder, I also needed to switch gliscor back in, as it was quite effective against thundurus and landorus.

FC is 4940-5550-1230

I'm building a team for it. I got a Japanese modest Gastly on Wonder trade with max ivs on HP, SpA, SpD and Spe. I'm going to ev train it and give it a Gengarite. That's the only one I have at the moment. I have so many Ev trained pokes to send to X using the transporter... Oh well, I need suggestions for other two. help

It's pretty simple even on the higher stages if you're using a competitive, IV bred, properly EV trained team, even if it takes long. I honestly think 1 BP per fight is insane. I'm gonna need hundreds and hundreds of BP to buy the items I need, so I'll have to hundreds and hundreds of battles? I really think you should gain BP for fighting other trainers (over Wi-fi, local, etc), maybe 1 BP if you lose and 2 if you win? Or 2 and 3 for competitions?

This the team that I got 31 consecutive wins with. I could have got more if I switched correctly
    Ninjask
    Speed Boost 252 Attack, 252 speed
    Focus Sash
    Baton Pass
    Protect
    Swords Dance
    X-Scissor

Goodra
    Hydration 252 Special each
    Assault Vest
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Sludge Wave
    Draco Meteor

Mawile
    Hyper Cutter (need Ability Capsule for Intimidate)
    252 Attack 240 Defense 12 Speed
    Mawillite
    Brick Break
    Iron Head
    Play Rough
    Sucker Punch

I lost by switching Mawile against Noivern instead of Goodra

I also have my team for 50 set
    Goodra
    Same

Weavile
    Pressure 252 Attack 252 Speed
    Ice Shard
    Aerial Ace
    Night Slash
    Icicle Crash

Cryogonal
    Levitate 252 Speed 252 Special Defense
    Choice Specs
    Frost Breath (It's stronger than Ice Beam/Blizzard)
    Freeze Dry
    Light Screen
    Reflect

107 was my latest win streak in Super Singles as shown in the above image.

Anyway, here was my team:

Garchomp@Choice Band
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Jolly
    Sand Veil

Outrage
    Earthquake
    Poison Jab
    Stone Edge

CB Garchomp put in some serious work for me, definitely the MVP. If I ever go back and do an Entrainment run this guy's gonna be my backup.
    I just kind of clicked on a STAB move and watched things die, the other moves are pretty much just filler.

Togekiss@Leftovers
    252 HP 92 SAtk 164 Spd
    Timid
    Serene Grace

Nasty Plot
    Air Slash
    Fire Blast
    Roost

Not as immediately devastating as Garchomp, but great for all of the annoying as hell Leech Seed shenanigans that run rampant in the Maison, slower opponents also get completely demolished by flinch hax or +2 Fire Blasts, and even faster opponents often fail to 2HKO without a STAB SE move, so I just attack, Roost, rinse and repeat. Immunity to Ground and Dragon gave it tons of switch in opportunity, a true team player.

Aegislash@Spooky Plate
    252 HP 156 Atk 98 SAtk 4 SDef
    Brave
    Stance Change

Shadow Ball
    Shadow Sneak
    King's Shield
    Sacred Sword

The perfect counter to all of the Double Team + Toxic ****ery (Cresselia is a *****). And again, immunities give it awesome switch in opportunity, and Shadow Ball + Sneak is awesome for the Lati twins and Focus Sash users that get the jump on Garchomp, as well as being my only switch in to Ice Beam (its everywhere).

Feeling pretty proud of myself, I remember sucking pretty hard at the Battle Towers and Battle Subway.

EDIT: And in case you guys were curious, I lost to a DD Moxie Gyarados. No hax, no BS. Just a straight up, honorable loss. -man tear-
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

Quote Originally Posted by PR0F3550R_B055 View Post
    It's pretty simple even on the higher stages if you're using a competitive, IV bred, properly EV trained team, even if it takes long. I honestly think 1 BP per fight is insane. I'm gonna need hundreds and hundreds of BP to buy the items I need, so I'll have to hundreds and hundreds of battles? I really think you should gain BP for fighting other trainers (over Wi-fi, local, etc), maybe 1 BP if you lose and 2 if you win? Or 2 and 3 for competitions?
    Actually it is not 1 BP per fight, only the first 10 battle in the normal Challenge (not even the Super Version) will give you 1 BP per fight, after 10 wins you get 2 BP per fight until you face the Battle Chatelaines where you get 20 BP if you beat her. In super, you get 2 BP after each battle, then after 10 win streaks you get 3 BP, after 20 streaks you get 4 BP and so on, until you defeat the Battle Chatelaines again (this time the Battle Chatelaines give you 50 BP) where you will get 7 BP per battle.

Is it possible to mega evolve in the battle mansion? I'm about to use a mega scizor set.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Is it possible to mega evolve in the battle mansion? I'm about to use a mega scizor set.
    Yes.

(10 characters)

Default My super single team

If someone can give some advices to improve my team...please tell me

My team: (sand team)

Tyranitar - Adamant - Sand Stream - Quick Claw
    IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ XX \ 31 \ 31
    EV 153 Atk - 252 Def - 105 Sp.Def
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

Garchomp - Jolly - Sand Veil - Garchompite
    IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ XX \ 31 \ 31
    EV 252 Atk - 252 Speed
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Outrage
    Poison Jab

Now for 3rd poke...I have 2 options...and I kept varying between them during the 45 battles

Lucario - Adamant - Steadfast - Life Orb
    IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31
    EV 252 Atk - 252 Speed
    Bullet Punch
    Blaze Kick
    Close Combat
    Shadow Claw

OR

Shiny Metagross - Adamant - Clear Body - Life Orb
    IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31
    EV 252 Atk - 252 Def
    Meteor Mash
    Agility \ Protect
    Hammer Arm
    Zen Headbutt

I made it to the 44 Streak in Super Single! -> Lost to Landorus and Heatran in battle 45

Most frustrating battle I've had to date:

Just lost at battle 32 to a Power Herb Volcarona that predicted my switch into Greninja and OHKOed it with solarbeam. I revenge killed with diggersby. Got crit-ed by a leaf blade on diggersby(wouldve lived without crit). Revenge kill with mega medicham. In comes bastiodon. I think easy kill with Hi Jump Kick. Miss two Hi Jump Kicks in a row. 90% accuracy move
    ^Click for my full breeding list^
        Spoiler:- Art Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by ayerrowdocta View Post
    Most frustrating battle I've had to date:

Just lost at battle 32 to a Power Herb Volcarona that predicted my switch into Greninja and OHKOed it with solarbeam. I revenge killed with diggersby. Got crit-ed by a leaf blade on diggersby(wouldve lived without crit). Revenge kill with mega medicham. In comes bastiodon. I think easy kill with Hi Jump Kick. Miss two Hi Jump Kicks in a row. 90% accuracy move
    One of my sweepers is a Volcarona that does the same thing. I just lost though because a Dirifblim brought both it's defences to +4 and baton passed them to a Salamence. Swagger+Thunderwave does not work very well unless you have foul play.
    Latest Shiny!

PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I made it to the 44 Streak in Super Single!

I was so happy that I would finally win the whole thing......when suddenly, in battle 45, his first pokemon was Landorus....and he hit me w/ critical Focus Blast on my Tyranitar. Yeah...bad luck

I send my Garchomp and Mega-evolved....And he outspeed me! I mean...how does a Landorus oustpeed a Jolly Mega Garchomp 252EV on speed??? It was just...wrong. But I survived w/ only 6 HP left! I used Outrage, and it killed him right away I was ready to the next pokemon....and then....

A freaking HEATRAN appeared! Omg, It took only about 5% of his life and he owned me w/ Overheat.

I send my Lucario, certain that I was going to kill him w/ only one Close Combat. Well.....no. I missed. He then used Overheat again, and it almost killed me, So I used Close Combat again....and it missed, AGAIN! and so he used a Earthquake and owned me. Yeah, I didn´t even lived to see his 3rd pokemon...I was so sad :/

Quote Originally Posted by ogramak View Post
    I send my Garchomp and Mega-evolved....And he outspeed me! I mean...how does a Landorus oustpeed a Jolly Mega Garchomp 252EV on speed??? It was just...wrong. But I survived w/ only 6 HP left! I used Outrage, and it killed him right away I was ready to the next pokemon....and then....
    Newbie, you do realize Mega Garchomp is perhaps the only Mega Evolution that gets a speed penalty, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Newbie, you do realize Mega Garchomp is perhaps the only Mega Evolution that gets a speed penalty, right?
    Although I'm pretty sure MegaGarchomp still uses Garchomp's speed on the turn of MegaEvolution.

EDIT: Indeed it does.
    Last edited by bolter1; 29th November 2013 at 2:37 AM.

well..No, I am new at this Competitive stuff....I always played pokemon, but only for fun! completing pokedex and stuff like this.... but I never paid attention to the status of Pokemons, until X and Y versions ... also just went to try to understand IVs and EVs last week ..Yes, I am a noob at battling! hahaha that is why I posted my team and ask for help! haha No need to be rude dude...

PS: I am brazilian, sorry for any english mistakes.
    Last edited by ogramak; 29th November 2013 at 2:38 AM.

Actually Mega Abomasnow gets a speed drop too. Not that it was fast to begin with.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Actually Mega Abomasnow gets a speed drop too. Not that it was fast to begin with.
    Yeah,also Ampharos goes to base 45 speed when it goes mega.It had 55 base to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by ogramak View Post
    well..No, I am new at this Competitive stuff....I always played pokemon, but only for fun! completing pokedex and stuff like this.... but I never paid attention to the status of Pokemons, until X and Y versions ... also just went to try to understand IVs and EVs last week ..Yes, I am a noob at battling! hahaha that is why I posted my team and ask for help! haha No need to be rude dude...

PS: I am brazilian, sorry for any english mistakes.
    Furthermore, taking in mind beneficial natures, a Landorus can reach maximum Speed at 331, which is two points shy from Garchomp's 333. Any hindering, neutral, or beneficial nature will always separate both by 2 or 3 points.

It's highly likely that luck decided to let Landorus attack first.

Furthermore, taking in mind beneficial natures, a Landorus can reach maximum Speed at 331, which is two points shy from Garchomp's 333. Any hindering, neutral, or beneficial nature will always separate both by 2 or 3 points.

It's highly likely that luck decided to let Landorus attack first.
    yeah...But what do you think about the pokes and their moveset on my sand team? It is posted here in this page

The Landorus in Maison is Scarfed, both in the leader battle and when used by other trainers.
    3DS Friend Code: 0559-6804-5369
    Name: Ben

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast