Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 555

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Perhaps we could compile a list of pokemon to watch out for? I have a few in mind: Metal bursting aggron, Hypnosis/Destiny bond gengar, Amnesia slowbro.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naudna View Post
    Perhaps we could compile a list of pokemon to watch out for? I have a few in mind: Metal bursting aggron, Hypnosis/Destiny bond gengar, Amnesia slowbro.
    That varies because it depends on the pokemon you are using. The reason why you lose after 30 or 40 streak is because the AI analyses your strength and weaknesses. So if your team has a comon weakness to water, you will see lots of pokemon who uses Rock Slide or any moves that is a disadvantage against you
    FC: 4141-3147-5808
    Type : Poison = Kakuna,Venomoth,Whirlipede
    send me a PM if you wanna add me
    looking for
    Pokemon: Ditto FS or 4IV Ditto, Leavanny

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Actually, I've mostly lost due to unexpected tactics (destiny bond + custap berry) or through moves like façade, counter, etc. Now I'm contemplating knocking out pokemon with such moves through 2 hits: the first would do little damage, the second would knock it out. Luck is also a factor, as I once made it to streak 50 with my current team.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Urgh, round 45, super singles...
    Sent out Garchomp opposition sends out tangrowth
    swap out to togekiss opposition uses power whip
    togekiss uses Twave opposition uses power whip
    togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip (Critical hit) togekiss down to 17 HP
    togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip togekiss down to 8 hp
    togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip togekiss faints
    send out Aegislash
    aegislash uses swords dance opposition uses EQ
    aegislash uses kings shield opposition gets paralysis

    Barnes throws 3DS and swears loudly... calling BS on the accuracy + paralysis lack of hax

    aegislash uses swords dance opposition uses EQ aegislash with 38 HP
    aegislash uses sacred sword tangerowth on 60% HP tagerowth uses EQ aegislash faints

    *sigh* probably going to lose this

    send out Garchomp (life orb btw, this matters!)

    garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth on 10% HP opposition uses power whip garchomp on 60% HP after life orb
    garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth faints

    A lot more swearing goes by cursing tangerowth for being lucky

    Golurk is sent out
    garchomp uses crunch does 65% damage to gorlurk, golurk uses hammer arm *misses*, (finally some luck for me) garchomp on about 25% health from life orb
    garchomp uses crunch golurk faints garchomp down to 28 HP from life orb

    Barnes "Please God if you exist do not his last pokemon be ice type..."

    Pokemon Ranger Willow sends out Lapras

    Barnes "FFFF***%$%$ŁŁ(*^"

    Garchomp uses EQ does bugger all Lapras uses icebeam

    Barnes "eff you battle maison eff you!" *spends next 20 minutes looking up pictures of tangrowth and swearing at them*
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  5. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Urgh, round 45, super singles...
    Sent out Garchomp opposition sends out tangrowth
    swap out to togekiss opposition uses power whip
    togekiss uses Twave opposition uses power whip
    togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip (Critical hit) togekiss down to 17 HP
    togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip togekiss down to 8 hp
    togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip togekiss faints
    send out Aegislash
    aegislash uses swords dance opposition uses EQ
    aegislash uses kings shield opposition gets paralysis

    Barnes throws 3DS and swears loudly... calling BS on the accuracy + paralysis lack of hax

    aegislash uses swords dance opposition uses EQ aegislash with 38 HP
    aegislash uses sacred sword tangerowth on 60% HP tagerowth uses EQ aegislash faints

    *sigh* probably going to lose this

    send out Garchomp (life orb btw, this matters!)

    garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth on 10% HP opposition uses power whip garchomp on 60% HP after life orb
    garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth faints

    A lot more swearing goes by cursing tangerowth for being lucky

    Golurk is sent out
    garchomp uses crunch does 65% damage to gorlurk, golurk uses hammer arm *misses*, (finally some luck for me) garchomp on about 25% health from life orb
    garchomp uses crunch golurk faints garchomp down to 28 HP from life orb

    Barnes "Please God if you exist do not his last pokemon be ice type..."

    Pokemon Ranger Willow sends out Lapras

    Barnes "FFFF***%$%$ŁŁ(*^"

    Garchomp uses EQ does bugger all Lapras uses icebeam

    Barnes "eff you battle maison eff you!" *spends next 20 minutes looking up pictures of tangrowth and swearing at them*
    Out of curiosity, did the trainer say something rude to you when they won?

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Out of curiosity, did the trainer say something rude to you when they won?
    Oh yeah, they were like "just as I thought it would go" wanted to back hand the cocky ranger...
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
        Spoiler:
    So is the way of the Battle Maison and their anti team shenanigans.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    So is the way of the Battle Maison and their anti team shenanigans.
    Mhmm, currently on my hitlist of pokemon I hate are:
    Lapras
    Tangrowth
    Froslass
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Personally I make my umbreon swear at the tangrowth first.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maine, United States
    Posts
    26

    Default

    So my question is this: Should one train Pokémon in a certain way for BM as opposed to the usual way we do for PvP?
    Achievement: Kalos Dex - Fully Completed

    X Friend Code: 4742-5346-1092 (Contains Tangela and Ivysaur, Maractus)
    (Pm me your code if you add me, so I can add you!)

    Shines Owned:
    <3 <3

  11. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melevolence View Post
    So my question is this: Should one train Pokémon in a certain way for BM as opposed to the usual way we do for PvP?
    Only thing to do is to raise perfect IV teams, rotate the teams so that the AI doesn't formulate a super counter against your team (if this even possible), and wish Lady Luck wasn't bribed to hell by your opponents a few times.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Only thing to do is to raise perfect IV teams, rotate the teams so that the AI doesn't formulate a super counter against your team (if this even possible), and wish Lady Luck wasn't bribed to hell by your opponents a few times.
    Lady Luck is such a sucker for bribes. She's always against me.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maine, United States
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Only thing to do is to raise perfect IV teams, rotate the teams so that the AI doesn't formulate a super counter against your team (if this even possible), and wish Lady Luck wasn't bribed to hell by your opponents a few times.
    :I Well damn. Good to know I've been doing it correctly (For the most part). Though I have noticed they seem to pick up on your strats quite often. It's ironic that one of my main battlers, my Hitmonchan, always seems to live whatever bullcrap they pull out of their rears. I know as a whole, Hitmonchan isn't that great compared to other Fighting types. And he isn't even perfect IVs, and his nature isn't the best for his species. But the guy has a lot of spirit :3 So I keep him.
    Achievement: Kalos Dex - Fully Completed

    X Friend Code: 4742-5346-1092 (Contains Tangela and Ivysaur, Maractus)
    (Pm me your code if you add me, so I can add you!)

    Shines Owned:
    <3 <3

  14. #214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melevolence View Post
    I know as a whole, Hitmonchan isn't that great compared to other Fighting types. And he isn't even perfect IVs, and his nature isn't the best for his species. But the guy has a lot of spirit :3 So I keep him.
    Stop using anime logic in this, man!

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maine, United States
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Stop using anime logic in this, man!
    I'm sorry! But its true!!! Even in online battles! It's survived a Brave Bird from a Talonflame before for crying out loud!
    Achievement: Kalos Dex - Fully Completed

    X Friend Code: 4742-5346-1092 (Contains Tangela and Ivysaur, Maractus)
    (Pm me your code if you add me, so I can add you!)

    Shines Owned:
    <3 <3

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chillin' with Spheal
    Posts
    82

    Default

    My first poke is Heracross, which usually sweeps with its adamant 252 attack/252 speed Close Combat, along with perfect IVs, and a Focus Sash to protect it from being OHKO'd because of its mediocre defenses. When Heracross dies I usually send out my adamant Huge Power 252 HP/252 attack Azumarill with perfect IVs, armed with priority STAB Aqua Jet, and Play Rough for a good fairy STAB move, and set up with my Belly Drum/Aqua Jet combo, along with a Sitrus Berry to get its HP a bit higher after Belly Drum. My last poke is Mega Tyranitar, I might be thinking about changing it up though for a special attacker, because having all physical attackers can be very bad, and both Azumarill and Tyranitar are weak to grass type which is definitely a problem, and Grass/Poison types pretty much wall my team, because Heracross only has one move that is neutrally effective against Grass/Poison, and Azumarill's Aqua Jet and Play Rough are ineffective against Grass/Poison, and Tyranitar is weak to grass, so Grass/Poison types are my main problem, so I might be switching Tyranitar out for maybe a fire type or something, such as Ninetales.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

    Safari Type

        Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:


  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Finally completed Super Singles!!!

    Barnes send out Garchomp Nita sent out Tornadus
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw does 60% Tornadus uses Substitute
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw substitue fades Tornadus uses Double Team
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw Tornadus Faints

    Nita sends out Landorus

    Landorus uses Earthpower Garchomp uses Dragon claw
    Barnes switches into Gyarados Landorus uses Earth power
    Landorus uses Earth Power (why it stayed in I dont know!) Gyarados uses Ice fang Landorus faints Moxie activates

    Nita sends out Thunderous

    Mega evolve Gyarados

    Thunderus uses Wild Charge Gyarados has 40 HP Gyarados uses Ice Fang Thunderous Faints

    3-0

    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  18. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Finally completed Super Singles!!!

    Barnes send out Garchomp Nita sent out Tornadus
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw does 60% Tornadus uses Substitute
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw substitue fades Tornadus uses Double Team
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw Tornadus Faints

    Nita sends out Landorus

    Landorus uses Earthpower Garchomp uses Dragon claw
    Barnes switches into Gyarados Landorus uses Earth power
    Landorus uses Earth Power (why it stayed in I dont know!) Gyarados uses Ice fang Landorus faints Moxie activates

    Nita sends out Thunderous

    Mega evolve Gyarados

    Thunderus uses Wild Charge Gyarados has 40 HP Gyarados uses Ice Fang Thunderous Faints

    3-0

    That's nice.

    Now go get us some very rare berries.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    I finally got a 50-battle-plus winning streak in super singles!

    My team, which consisted of Power-up-Punch and Substitute Mega Kangaskhan and Relaxed SD Aegislash w/ EVs of 252 in HP, 252 Def., and 4 Sp.Def., as well as a Life Orb Hippowdon, got me that far. I'm surprised that Mega 'Khan survived Landorus's Grass Knot, with 'Khan's bar still in the green, to Power-Up punch on the Mega evo turn, and then proceeded to sweep w/ Sucker Punch plus Parental Bond...

    ^ And yet, here I am, with my winning Battle Maison team, even though it was all bulky-physical...

    ^ Thank you, my lovely Mega 'Khan, for helping me get a streak that now has 51 wins in a row!

    Now, I need to prepare for the Test Comp, but I'm surprised that the rules for that comp are not released yet... Come on, TPCi: one month left in 2013, and still no rule announcement for the XY Test Comp? Don't wait until Pokémon Bank is released to open the Test Comp registration week, because if that's your plan, it will be 2014 before it begins... And you stated 2013 as the registration period...

    ^ Argh...

    Is there anything else I could do with my pokemon in anticipation, or should I breed a Doubles team in a laid-back fashion, rather than with a purpose, while I wait for the time to prep and lock in the six pokemon I will use in the comp, assuming they announce the rules, and the opening of registration for the comp...
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I think I need to tweak my team. The 50th battle was intense, and bulky fights can turn difficult. My first go at it was:

    Jolly Garchomp, Life Orb
    31/31/31/??/31/31
    252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Crunch
    Iron Head
    Outrage
    Earthquake

    Bold Vaporeon, Leftovers
    31/??/31/31/31/31
    252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
    Scald
    Wish
    Protect
    Ice Beam

    Timid Gengar, Gengarite
    31/??/31/31/31/31
    252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Substitute
    Thunderbolt
    Shadowball
    Sludge Bomb

    I lost on the 95th battle to a Regice followed by a Tornadus. Any ideas on move set tweaks or even shaking up the team? I want to add Latios when the Bank opens.
    3DS -- 5257-9736-8665
    Fire Safari: Braxien / Larvesta / Growlithe

  21. #221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunch box View Post
    I think I need to tweak my team. The 50th battle was intense, and bulky fights can turn difficult. My first go at it was:

    Jolly Garchomp, Life Orb
    31/31/31/??/31/31
    252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Crunch
    Iron Head
    Outrage
    Earthquake

    Bold Vaporeon, Leftovers
    31/??/31/31/31/31
    252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
    Scald
    Wish
    Protect
    Ice Beam

    Timid Gengar, Gengarite
    31/??/31/31/31/31
    252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Substitute
    Thunderbolt
    Shadowball
    Sludge Bomb

    I lost on the 95th battle to a Regice followed by a Tornadus. Any ideas on move set tweaks or even shaking up the team? I want to add Latios when the Bank opens.
    By the time you reach that number, a new counter will try to destroy you and make you cry and make you break your 3DS.

    So...the suggestion is to rotate teams.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Georgia, United States
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I just tried out the Maison for the first time today actually. I thought that I could easily make it to 25 then quit there. (Willingly) Never expected to get the K/O on streak 11. (._.) Then again, I am using non IV trained Pokemon that I've caught early on in the game. Ugh, I have no patience for these things. Anything that revolves around consecutive battles and BP. (But I really need some of those prizes...) Kudos to those who've made it to streak 50 and beyond.
    ★ミ Most Recent Shiny ミ★

    5,184 SR
    15,552 Starters
    New ID: 16111 - 6 SR


    Current Shiny Hunts:
    ID: 45145 (Firered) |Squirtle| 500
    ID: 39009 (Leafgreen) |Bulbasaur|575 → 630 SR
    ID: 29290 (Ruby) |Torchic|1,250 → 1,750 SR
    ID: 57757 (Sapphire) |Mudkip|1,000 → 1,250 SR
    ID: 61514 (Platinum) |Chimchar|500 SR
    ID: 44111 (White) |Oshawott|550 SR
    ID: 63863 (White 2) |Tepig|500 SR
    ID: 39039 (X) |Froakie|1,000 → 1,395


    Soulsilver Badgequest:
    ← C u r r e n t H u n t
    ID: 16111|6 SR / RE|Dark Cave|250 Rock Smashes/SR

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chillin' with Spheal
    Posts
    82

    Default

    What would be the best item for Talonflame to hold?
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

    Safari Type

        Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:


  24. #224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    What would be the best item for Talonflame to hold?
    I'm going to assume opposing Pokemon will suddenly have Stone Edge in their arsenal before long, along with Quick Claw, so...either a Focus Sash or an anti-Rock type berry.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Finally completed Super Singles!!!

    Barnes send out Garchomp Nita sent out Tornadus
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw does 60% Tornadus uses Substitute
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw substitue fades Tornadus uses Double Team
    Garchomp uses Dragon Claw Tornadus Faints

    Nita sends out Landorus

    Landorus uses Earthpower Garchomp uses Dragon claw
    Barnes switches into Gyarados Landorus uses Earth power
    Landorus uses Earth Power (why it stayed in I dont know!) Gyarados uses Ice fang Landorus faints Moxie activates

    Nita sends out Thunderous

    Mega evolve Gyarados

    Thunderus uses Wild Charge Gyarados has 40 HP Gyarados uses Ice Fang Thunderous Faints

    3-0

    The reason is simple, because the Landarous is holding a Choice Scarf thats why it is locked and it may have predicted that your Gyarados may use Mega evolve so that Earth power hits you. The Battle maison page has some infos about the pokemon's moves so I sort of took advantage of that when i was battling. It was hell lot of fun seeing Thundurous Attack dropped like mad when he attempted to Crunch on my Aegislash when it used King Shield and I set up 3 sword dance. Yeah I kinda cheated though....lol

    I managed to hit 93 wins until 3 legendaries ruin my day.There goes my Lansat Berry TT. It was a Latios, Regirock and a Heatran.
    My team was Mega Kangaskhan, Alakazam and Aegislash and the reason i lost because I dont know how bulky Regirock is. I should have sent Alakazam and finish off with Energy Ball instead of sending out Aegislash.
    FC: 4141-3147-5808
    Type : Poison = Kakuna,Venomoth,Whirlipede
    send me a PM if you wanna add me
    looking for
    Pokemon: Ditto FS or 4IV Ditto, Leavanny

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •