Thread: The Forbidden Forest

Default The Forbidden Forest

I think I've finally gotten the courage to post this... Or maybe not... Anyway, this has been a story I've actually had in my head for a while but didn't have the confidence to mention it. I was actually going to post this last week, but I waited to get the first chapter (re)written.

So, notes before the actual story, if you have criticism, PLEASE don't be too harsh, unless my writing is in need of an extreme rewrite, my confidence is bad enough as it is. Though I've finally earned enough courage to post it! Okay, enough non story related things lets get to the prologue! Also I guess I'll make a PM list too for if anyone is interested enough? First chapter should be up soon too, it's currently being checked for mistakes.

Warning: Story contains violence and X/Y spoilers(Might as well say it).

*Space for people who might want a PM*

-

Prologue

“You quite sure you wanna leave the forest? What would you possibly need in the Kalos region?” A Trevenant looked unsurely at the Pokemon in front of him, a floating blue feline. A small Phantump peeked from behind him. “If you saw a vision held in Unova, wouldn’t you wanna to go through that portal?”

“Ah… I can already tell this vision won’t come true for quite a while. Stitches was guardian of the Unova entrance for some reason, and we know that won’t happen any time soon, if at all. I’m actually going to have a talk with someone.” The Pokemon began to float towards the entrance but the glare given to him by the Trevenant stopped him.

“Eternal, you may be guardian of this forest, but I will not allow you to leave if you don’t explain yourself.” The Trevenant growled. “I have just as much of a right to know. I keep this forest alive, and if your vision has anything to do with it getting damaged, I will not hesitate to kill you, legendary or not, no matter the consequences. I will not allow this forest to be destroyed.”

Eternal’s tail twitched in slight discomfort, as he looked around the forest. Plenty of trees and vines, but no other Pokemon. “Fine then, I’ll tell you, but you won’t like it. I don’t know if a major part of the forest is destroyed, but some of it will be.” He saw the Trevenant clench his hands in anger, and the small Phantump gasp in fear. “Now Aeker, before you decide to beat me into fertilizer, let me just say I know a way to stop it. I’m getting someone who can help us right now, but the one who will truly protect it has to find the way in himself.”

Aeker growled, he wanted to argue, but he could yell at Eternal later. He could sense that this was important. “Alright… But if any harm comes to my daughter I will personally send your disembodied head to Arceus.” After speaking of her, the small Phantump who had been hiding behind him squeaked in surprise.

Despite being stressed, Eternal couldn’t help but snicker at this. “That’s no way to speak around a child, now is it Aeker?” The Trevenant only responded by glaring. “Alright, sorry, that was uncalled for at such an urgent moment. Alright, so may I go now?”

The Trevenant stepped away from the hollowed out tree behind him, then motioned for the Mew to get in. “You know how it works.”

Eternal slowly floated into the hollowed tree. Within the tree were numerous carvings and paw prints, each symbolizing one of the Pokemon who was sent here through the portal. Not all were paw prints though, He reminded himself, among them was a single human hand print. Eternal’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard Aeker speak again.

“Another war’s going to break out isn’t it?”

Eternal just set his paw on his print before giving a small smile.

“You always knew too much…”

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Like I said, the first chapter had already been written, and I wanted to wait a while longer before posting it but... Might as well do it now right? I mean I've read through it for any errors, though that doesn't mean I've caught them all. I wanted to give the chapters names but... Well, I'm not good at thinking of any. Anyway, here's the first chapter!

-

Chapter 1

“GET DOWN FROM THERE BEFORE I SICK MY HOUNDOOM ON YA!”

The boy chuckled at the man yelling at him, he loved entertainment while eating, and seeing this man yell at him to come out of his tree was even more amusing. He was surprised the man had spotted him though, this had been his hiding place for quite a few months now. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

“Calm down old man,” He responded with a smirk, flinging the apple core he had been holding at him. “I’ll get down when I finish eating, you’ve got a whole orchard so it’s not like it’ll leave too much of a dent in any profit you make. Plus you already threatened to send out your Houndoom, and though I’m no expert, I figure that wouldn’t be too good for the trees now would it?”

The boy, named Gage, was well known around these parts, but not for a good reason. He was a thief, only 15 years old, with no parents. He was easily recognized by his bright blue sweatshirt, messy dark brown hair and purple eyes.

“Glad I called the police.” The man growled.

“Oh really?” The boy’s smirk widened, “Guess it’s time for me to leave now. Fang, use Spider Web please?”

Just then a screech was heard as a Spinarak jumped out from besides the boy, spitting some webbing at the man. The moment it hit him, Gage jumped down from the tree, snatching another apple on his way down. He allowed his Spinarak to climb onto his arm before running off, just to hear the man yell again.

“HOUNDOOM, GET THAT BOY!”

“Well this might not end well…” He muttered to himself, as the black canid Pokemon ran towards him. He was close to a fence, and jumping over it would be his only option af escape, but the Houndoom was much faster than him. He knew one thing he could do, but he hoped his Pokemon wouldn’t get hurt in the process.

“Fang, Spider Web again!”

The Spinarak climbed to the top of his trainer’s head and shot another web at its target, stopping the Houndoom in its tracks, but it wouldn’t be for long. Within a few seconds it had burned the web to ashes, but by then the boy had already jumped over the fence. It ran to jump over the fence but heard it’s trainer yell at it to stop. It growled but turned back.

Meanwhile, Gage had stopped running by the time he got over the fence, patting his Spinarak’s head and praising him. He quickly stopped the moment he heard sirens. Finding no time to run this time, he grabbed out one of his two Pokeballs and sent out a small green avian Pokemon, a Natu. She ruffled her feathers and gave a chirp.

“Xandra, I’m having a bit of a problem. Could you please teleport us?” He asked his Pokemon nicely, only for the Natu to hiss at him and ruffle her feathers even more.

He growled in annoyance. “Please Xandra? I’ll give you this.” He showed her the apple. She squawked and tried to fly towards it, but he quickly pulled it away.

“Teleportation first, then apple.”

The Natu squawked in frustration, but gave in and sat on her trainer’s head, teleporting them just as the police sirens stopped close by. He had escaped again.

-

He opened his eyes, teleporting had always made him uncomfortable, it always felt so weird. He noticed they were in a desert, a place he didn’t recognize. Though he did see a town not too far away, that was good. Hearing a noise, he looked to see his Natu pecking at the apple, apparently he had dropped it.

“I was hoping for a place I knew about…” He muttered, glaring at his Natu. She just ignored him, pecking at her apple.

Getting up and dusting himself off, he checked to see if his Spinarak was unharmed, as he hadn’t spotted him yet. He saw him looking at the apple curiously, only for the Natu to hiss at him, causing him to screech in surprise.

He laughed, then looked towards the city. “Guess it’s not that bad I’m in a place I don’t recognize. Maybe no one will recognize me, so I can at least ask where I am. Then if I see enough food maybe stay here for a while, not going back to where I was just at, everybody’s seen me there.”

He walked over to his Pokemon and picked them up, his Natu flailing in his arms. He growled at her angrily, while returning her to her Pokeball as Fang scrambled to his shoulder, “Any more of that apple and you’d be flightless.”

After he was sure she wasn’t getting out, he took his sweatshirt off, and tied it around his waist. It was too hot to wear it here, but he wouldn’t just leave it here, it was too important. He then began to walk towards the town. It wasn’t that far away, but he’d want to be careful getting there.

-

He’d been walking around the small town for a while now, and nothing seemed to be off, and no one even so much as glanced towards him. It seemed surprisingly busy for such a small town though, and it made him curious, some sort of event maybe? His thoughts were interrupted when he suddenly ran into someone, knocking his Spinarak right off his shoulder.

“Hey!” He said angrily, quickly scooping his Spinarak up. “Watch where you’re going!”

“Oh, like that’s not probably the hundredth time I heard that. Can’t you think of something more creative to yell?” The girl he had run into looked at him angrily, picking up a box. A Kirlia he hadn’t noticed either was picking up a few items that fell out of the box, then handing them to his trainer. “Maybe you should watch out. I don’t see you carrying anything around. Obviously you’re not here to sell anything.”

He just growled in return, not bothering to help the girl. She was about his age, maybe a bit older, and had long dark blond hair and blue eyes. Her cloths were plain, just an old blue shirt and a pair of black shorts.

Finally after another growl he responded, “If I had a choice I wouldn’t be here. Why would anyone even come here? It’s just a town in a desert, there’s nothing special about it.”

“Under normal circumstances you’d be right.” The girl responded, making sure nothing in the box had been damaged. He finally got a good look at what was in the box, they appeared to be gems of some sort. The typing gems? If that was true they’d be worth stealing for sure. His attention was finally brought back to the girl when she spoke again.

“Right now the town’s having a special market, and I’m here to sell some gems. You do know what these are don’t you? You are a trainer after all.”

That seemed to confirm his thoughts, but he was quickly annoyed by what she said. “Are you calling me an idiot? Of course I know what they do! There's 17 gems for each type, and they help attacks of the same type’s power go up. everyone knows that.”

The girl suddenly snickered. “Ooh, so close. You were only off about one thing.”

“And what would that be?” He muttered. She was probably stupid. Nothing about what he said was wrong.

“There are 18 types stupid. Haven’t you heard the news going on, I mean they've been talking about it for months now.”

“What?” He was really confused now. She was definitely stupid, or extremely uneducated. She probably lived in a cave or something. How else could she get all those gems?

She laughed again, but harder this time. “Wow, you must be really sheltered, they just discovered a new type in another region! They called it the Fairy Type, but for an unknown reason Pokemon born in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or here, don’t have it. My Kirlia’s one though, since he’s from the Kalos region.”

The Kirlia spun at the mention of his name, but Gage just rolled his eyes at them, she was probably just talking nonsense, Kirlia was a pure Psychic type. Suddenly though she went into the box and grabbed a few gyms and held them out to him. He just looked at her confused.

“Take em, no one’s gonna buy that many of them, I mean it’s not like they’re all that rare here. I even added a Fairy gem in there for the heck of it. I also made sure to get you a bug gem, for your little Spinarak there.”

He hesitantly accepted them, waiting for the girl to change her mind, but she just turned around and left. He stared after her for a few moments before putting the gems in his pocket. His Spinarak looked at him confused.

He just shrugged and laughed to himself. “I just got something for free, I’m not complaining.”

-

“The day’s gotten closer…” Eternal was pacing back and forth in front of one of the many portals, tail twitching in worry. A Banette was sitting at the portal’s entrance, watching the Mew float back and forth. He was getting annoyed at the other Pokemon’s constant worry. “Why is it taking so long? Was my whole vision a lie? That never happened before. I can’t just think it’s a dud vision can I? Can visions be duds?”

“Would you shut up already?” The Banette yelled. “Your incessant whining isn’t helping any of us calm down! We’re all doing our best to guard the entrances, I even went as far as sending Edge and Blade into the human’s area! Hopefully they don’t screw up by killing anyone or anything though. I wouldn’t put it past them.”

“You wouldn’t be this calm if you knew what was going on.” Eternal muttered. “I almost feel the need to tell you but I can’t cause more panic.”

“Than what is going on? You haven’t been yourself since I became the Unova portal’s new guardian. I know you had one of your visions five years ago, but nothing’s happened. What makes you think something will happen? I’m sure you’re overreacting.”

“I wouldn’t be ‘overreacting’ had you not become guardian!” Eternal yelled back. “You becoming guardian just causes me reason to worry!”

“I take offense to that.” Stitches muttered as a blue Kecleon suddenly came running towards them, a dark blue ribbon tied around her, concealing her zigzag. She ran right up to the Banette and hugged him, tail wagging. Stitches seemed surprised about this at first, but then calmed down. “You know hugging me is bad, right Sky?”

“But I like hugs...” The Kecleon whimpered. She let him go though and looked up to Eternal. “Oh yeah, I just remembered I have a message, well, two actually. Aeker needs to talk with you, and Morpheus wants to know what’s going on too, since you haven’t told him anything. He’s being really scary right now.”

Eternal floated to the ground and held his head. “Great. Now that old jerk wants to know what’s going on. I’m surprised he didn’t ask sooner though. Sky, you stay here with Stitches. I’ll tell Aeker and the old grump what’s going on… Well, Aeker anyway. Stitches, go check on Edge and Blade please? Can’t have them killing anyone, especially if it’s the one we need.”

“But I don’t know who we need!” Stitches yelled as Eternal got up and sped away. “Stupid Mew, he should really tell us what’s going on. I guess I should go check on them though… I could get in severe trouble if they hurt anyone. Sky, watch over the entrance please.”

“Yes Stitches!” The Kecleon wagged her tail again. “I’ll make sure no one gets in! You can trust me!”

“Good.” He walked into his portal, it had the appearance of small torn down building, but made of earth. looking among the carvings and prints, he set his hand on his own print with a growl of annoyance.

“I hate this part…” He muttered before teleporting.
    Last edited by NightmareHybrid; 26th February 2014 at 2:53 AM.

This took longer then I expected and then it only came out a little over four pages... Dang it. I'll try to make the next chapter longer. Five pages is a lot less then I expected. Not much to write here today...

Wow, this chapter seems rushed. Sorry if it's bad.

Chapter 2

Gage looked upon everything he had obtained that day. Along with the gems, he’d gotten quite a few pieces of fruit, some Pokeballs, and even found an old dirty backpack someone had dropped. It was useful, even if it had a few small holes in it. Though he had been a bit annoyed that it was empty.

After packing all his things in the torn up backpack, he yawned. He’d woken up early that morning, and he needed sleep, but he wasn’t sure where to go. Putting the backpack on his back, he began to walk out of the town, he’d come back tomorrow. He needed to sleep now, but he wasn’t sure of a good place to go. As he was walking along, he saw the girl he had ran into earlier again. He ran over to her and yanked her arm.

She swung around and tried to hit him, but he ducked, which annoyed her more. “What the heck was that for?”

“Are there any abandoned buildings around here I want to catch a Ghost Type.” He lied, not even flinching from her attempt at hitting him.

“Yeah, but you have to cross the desert. It’d be a stupid idea to go there though, since it’s got Drapion and Cacturne living it. You’d be killed before you made it.”

He thought for a moment, then shrugged. “Oh well. I don’t care, I just want a Ghost Type.”

The girl just glared at him, then grinned slightly as she spoke again. “Look, I don’t want to be responsible for your death. So if you are going, I’m going too. Not because I honestly care actually, but I’d love to catch a Ghost Type too.”

“No!” She jumped back at his sudden yelling, so he quickly came up with a reason to get her to leave. “I mean, I wouldn’t want to be responsible for your death, since I’m sure your parents would get upset. Plus how would I explain to your parents what happened if you do die?”

The girl quickly put her backpack onto her back and grinned. “Guess you’d have to find your way to Kalos then! You can’t convince me otherwise, maybe if I’m lucky I’ll find the Pokemon I’ve always wanted to see!”

She started walking away, much to Gage’s annoyance. He followed her anyway, yanking at her backpack as he tried to annoy her into turning back, also while yelling at her, but that only succeeded in someone yelling out of their house telling him to shut up. Eventually he gave up, walking next to her while growling to himself.

“Hey boy,” She whispered, yanking his backpack now, “I know you were trying to annoy me, but it’s not gonna work. That’s not what I wanted to say though, instead, I’d like to ask what your name is?”

“Go away.” He muttered, walking in annoyance next to her.

“Fine then, be that way. Anyway, in case you’d prefer to call me something instead of being a jerk about it, my name’s Samarra.”

“I think ‘Pest’ is a better name.”

She just ignored him and walked ahead, looking around for any Pokemon that might be dangerous or attempt to hurt them. Apparently she didn’t see any, because she ran ahead again, this time out of sight. Gage found this to be the perfect time to leave, though annoyed he’d have to find another place to sleep, he didn’t want to stay anywhere near this girl, that’s for sure. He was about to run off before he heard rustling grass, causing him to jump back and grabbed Fang’s Pokeball, hoping it wasn’t something dangerous.

With another quick rustle of leaves, and him about to send out his Spinarak, the Pokemon jumped out. A small pokemon bouncing on its tail. A Spoink. Nothing to be afraid of. He was about to put Fang’s pokeball away, but then noticed something unusual. He was shivering, but it wasn’t cold.

“Wait, why am I panicking?” He asked himself, watching the Spoink hop off. “I don’t panic. Then again I don’t travel in a desert in the middle of the night. Wait, why am I talking to my-”

He was interrupted as he heard the girl yell, he couldn't tell if it was in fear or not, but he automatically went running towards her, forgetting his thoughts. He ran towards where she was, still slightly panicked, looking all around for her. Once he found her, he stopped in surprise.

There was the building. It looked like it was made of clay, and it was definitely abandoned, judging by its looks. It was surrounded by dead trees, and there was some garbage littered around. The girl stood at it’s door, shaking a bit.

“What’s wrong with you?” He finally asked, turning his attention to her annoyed. “What did you scream for? I thought a Cacturne might’ve attacked you or something!”

“I saw a ghost!” She yelled in panic, shaking a bit.

“Yeah, a ghost type. Come on, you’re being a wimp here.”

“No! A human ghost! I opened the door and she was right there by the stairs!”

Gage stared at her in unamusement for a few moments, then opened the door and looked in. He saw nothing, then looking back at her, he said plainly,

“Bye. I’m going in.”

The slammed the door in her face. Hopefully now she wouldn’t come in.

-

It seemed empty. There wasn’t any noise except a few creaks, probably the house settling. The inside of the house was really dusty, and furniture was arranged in an odd way. There were some pictures on the wall as well, some of them torn up quite a lot. He noticed some stairs too, he’d look up there next. First he let out Fang.

The Spinarak shook his head and looked around, the scuttled off somewhere else. That wasn’t something Gage had expected. Usually he crawls right up to him. He ran off after his Pokemon, following him up the stairs, where he stopped at a door and squeezed under a crack in it. Gage followed him and found his Spinarak hopping up and down on a chair.

Looking around, Gage saw nothing, except another door in the room. He looked at his Spinarak in slight annoyance. “What the heck was that about Fang? I thought you might have found something interesting.”

The Spinarak just tilted his head in confusion before suddenly jumping and turning towards the way they had entered, screeching in fear. Gage quickly turned towards the door to see what had frightened his Pokemon... only to come face stop. two swords pointing at his face.

They weren’t normal swords though, each one had a single eye on its hilt, and pink tassels of some sort on the end of each hilt. One of them was holding what seemed to be a plaque or sheath of some kind. He didn’t pay much attention to details though, because he quickly jumped back and ordered his Spinarak to use Spider Web.

It was all in vain. The two swords only slashed the web to pieces, then started chasing after Gage when he started running. He tried to run through the door, but it was slammed shut when one of the swords threw the sheath at the door accurately enough to slam it shut. Gage the quickly ducked as the sword itself sped towards him, though it only accomplished getting stuck in the door. He then saw the other one coming towards him, so this time he yanked a board off the wall nearby and slammed it into it. It fell to the ground then.

Figuring he was safe he grabbed his Spinarak and ran towards the door, the noticed the sword that had been stuck was gone now. He quickly turned around to see the swords edge coming right down to him. Realizing he had no chance of escape this time, with how close it was, he closed his eyes and hugged his Spinarak to his chest.

CLANK.

The sound of metal colliding caused him to open his eyes again, then look up at the swords. They had collided with each other, and each one had a look of shock in their eyes. They then separated, and Gage expected them to attack him again, but instead they just began fighting each other, making noises in the process. Were they yelling at each other?

He then heard another noise, a thump, coming from the other door in the room.

“Please don’t be another floating weapon…” Gage muttered to himself, still hugging his Spinarak to his chest, completely forgetting the exit right behind him.

Suddenly the door opened, and another Pokemon stumbled out, shaking its head. A small grey Pokemon, with a zipper for a mouth and a short yellow tail almost like a needle. Gage recognized it as a Banette. He once again turned his attention to the swords as he heard another clank, now they were actually fighting with each other, sword versus sword. At this point Gage was just standing there confused, unsure how to react.

The Banette had noticed the fighting swords at this point, and was now trying to catch them, but stopped once he saw Gage. It stood there for a moment, staring at him, then yelled to the swords, but they didn’t seem to listen. Eventually after enough yelling, it jumped at the swords, this time managing to catch one of them, and shoved it into the floor. Then it turned to Gage and lunged at him, readying a Shadow Claw, but Fang had jumped out of his trainer’s arms and attacked the Banette with Night Slash. He managed to hit the Banette, but the Banette just retaliated by slamming the Spinarak into the wall using Psychic.

The Banette then turned back to Gage, attempting to attack again, but he dodged the Banette’s next Shadow Claw. He quickly went over to grab his Spinarak, who had been thrown to the other side of the room, and had been knocked out in that one hit. He went to turn towards the door, but saw that the Banette had landed right in front of it. Finding no other choice, he ran to the one other door in the room, and opened it, running in.

Noticing this, the Banette ran after the human, grabbing the sword stuck in the ground while it ran by, and yelling to the other one. The other sword went back and quickly grabbed their sheath, while the Banette ran up to the door and yanked it open. It saw the boy just stand there in the closet like area, looking around at the numerous markings and prints on the wall.

Pointing the one sword it had at the boy and growling, it pointed towards the other door. By then though, the boy’s Spinarak had woken up and was now yelling at the Banette, though in a slightly dazed state. The Banette just rolled its eyes at the Spinarak, but was suddenly yanked forwards as the sword it was holding went straight towards the boy, hitting the wall as he dodged. The sword then began making noises towards the Spinarak, starting an argument between the two of them, the other sword now in the room along with it. Gage sat there backed into a wall, confused.

The Banette had slammed into the wall as well, and was now trying to get up, grabbing at the wall for a way to get up easier. Finally managing to get up, the Banette sat there with its hand against the wall, dizzy from hitting the wall so hard. It suddenly saw the door slam shut, causing it to jolt up in panic, looking to where its hand had landed, seeing the hand print of a Banette’s.

It suddenly yelled out in panic as they vanished from the closet.
    Last edited by NightmareHybrid; 2nd March 2014 at 2:10 AM.

Wow, I am loving this fic so far! Say, what is the region this fic is located again, I'm quite confused....

A Thief with a Spinarak, I think Gage needs a Froakie, it suits him.

Samarra, I can tell these two will get along.

And Eternal... Say, why is he/she a Mew and not a Celebi. That'll make A LOT of sense, but I'm not one to judge.

Stitches is one grumpy Pokemon I can tell you that! Keep up the good work!

P.S. Same Avatars man!

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dormant View Post
    Wow, I am loving this fic so far! Say, what is the region this fic is located again, I'm quite confused....
    Thank you! I really didn't have too much confidence in it at first but I'm glad to know when someone likes it! As for your questions: The main place in the fic is the forest, and it's in a sort of dimension of it's own, hidden from anyone who might try to find it by foot or flying. The only ways to get or leave the forest are the portals and the way these things work will be explained later, so I won't go into that here. Though Samarra and Gage were in Unova before the incident, but now only Samarra is.

A Thief with a Spinarak, I think Gage needs a Froakie, it suits him.
    He'll get some other Pokemon eventually, though right now all he's got is his Spinarak and Natu. Whether he gets a Froakie or not I shall not say.

Samarra, I can tell these two will get along.
    I'm saying right now if they do end up getting along, it won't be romantically, not particularly fond of those kinda things.

And Eternal... Say, why is he/she a Mew and not a Celebi. That'll make A LOT of sense, but I'm not one to judge.
    Eternal's male (Or identifies as one if you'd prefer to go the biologically genderless route), I don't see why it would make more sense if he were a Celebi? Unless you're talking about him being the guardian of the forest, in that case, Aeker's the one in charge of the health of the forest, along with a few other unmentioned Pokemon. Eternal makes sure all the Pokemon there are kept safe.

Stitches is one grumpy Pokemon I can tell you that! Keep up the good work!
    Stitches has always been a grump. But hey, one can only deal with Pokemon like Edge and Blade for so long right?

Thanks again!

Eternal's male (Or identifies as one if you'd prefer to go the biologically genderless route), I don't see why it would make more sense if he were a Celebi? Unless you're talking about him being the guardian of the forest, in that case, Aeker's the one in charge of the health of the forest, along with a few other unmentioned Pokemon. Eternal makes sure all the Pokemon there are kept safe.
    I think it makes sense a little because Eternal seems to have the power to see the future. But I might be wrong, maybe he has the power to see what's happening in the present and in a different place.

Side note, why is the forest a very important place? Does it have any connections to let's say Xerneas or something? But, I might be asking to much and it probably will be explored in future chapters.

So yeah! Can't wait to see the next chapter!

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

I think it makes sense a little because Eternal seems to have the power to see the future. But I might be wrong, maybe he has the power to see what's happening in the present and in a different place.

Side note, why is the forest a very important place? Does it have any connections to let's say Xerneas or something? But, I might be asking to much and it probably will be explored in future chapters.

So yeah! Can't wait to see the next chapter!
    He does know Future Sight, so that's how he sees what's going to happen. It kind of starts working at random times for him. Also the other questions will be answered eventually, I won't say anything yet.

Anyway, third chapter finally written! Would have been sooner but my F key stopped working for a while, therefore making everything more difficult for a while, but that's fixed now!

-

Chapter 3

Sky had been sitting on a stump by the portal next to her, wagging her tail patiently waiting for Stitches to get back. She suddenly heard a thump, as someone appeared in the portal. She wagged her tail even quicker now, knowing it had to be Stitches.

“That was fast!” She said happily, running over to the door and opening it. She jumped back as something fell out of the portal, and it wasn’t a Pokemon. She saw two swords floating over it, both with an annoyed expression noticeable.

“At least I knocked it out.” One muttered, glaring at the other one.

“Yeah but I wanted to…” The other said.

“Both of you shut up!” Stitches finally came staggering out, holding a Spinarak by one of its legs, while it yelled in anger and tried to bite him. “If we don’t get rid of this human, Morpheus will kill all of us! We don’t need any more of those corrupted things here!”

Sky got onto four legs and crouched towards the boy, then when she felt she was close enough quickly poked it, then jumped back expecting it to get up, but was relieved when it didn’t. After staring at it for a few moments, she looked up at the Banette and asked, “What is it?”

“Corrupted. Don’t touch it.” Stitches growled. “They’re never to be trusted.”

The Kecleon screeched in fear as she quickly jumped away from the boy, shaking slightly. “I don’t wanna be corrupted!”

After jumping back, she squeaked when something grabbed her and spoke “Don’t listen to him Sky. It’s called a human, and though many can be corrupted, trust me when I say some can be kind.”

Stitches jumped back at the voice in fear and looked up at the Pokemon who had come, expecting to be yelled at. He was slightly relieved to see Aeker, as he wasn’t known to yell much. Though he knew well enough that Aeker was still one of the oldest pokemon there and would for sure punish him.

The Trevenant set the young Kecleon on his head then looked down at the Banette. “It’s a good thing it was me who noticed your yelling instead of anyone else, isn’t it? If it makes you feel any better, I can watch the human for you while you tell Eternal of your ‘accident’.”

“What?” Stitches just looked up at the Trevenant confused, “Accident? We can send him back easily! We don’t have to tell Eternal! We just have to wait for the portal to recharge, it’ll only take-”

“A week? That’s at the earliest.” Aeker asked in annoyance, glaring at Stitches, who was now trying to avoid eye contact with the older Pokemon. Aeker sighed to himself then spoke again, “You’ve been overworking the portal. You’re lucky it even managed to transport you back here in the first place.

“Can’t we just put him through your portal then? I mean it doesn’t matter which region he goes in right?”

“No, the boy goes back to his home…” The Trevenant sighed, then noticed the flailing Spinarak in the Banette’s hand. After watching the Spinarak for a few moments he finally asked, “Wait, why do you have a Spinarak?”

“It’s that dang human’s!” Stitches yelled in annoyance, still trying to get the Spinarak to stop, only for it to keep yelling at him. Finally having enough of the things it said, he dropped it onto the ground. It ran over to its trainer and sat on top of him, hissing at the swords when they looked over at it.

“Guess that means I need to take that little bug too then.” The Trevenant said in slight annoyance, taking Sky off of his head and going over towards the boy and picking him up, while his Spinarak hissed at him. Ignoring the bug, he looked down at the Banette.

“Tell Eternal. If you don’t, I guarantee it won’t just be Morpheus who’ll be furious at you.”

Stitches nodded and watched the Trevenant walk off with the unconscious human, then turned to the swords. “Edge, Blade, you’re coming with me, and grab your sheath this time idiots. Sky, you go play or something. I unfortunately have to talk with Eternal about something he’s definitely not going to approve of.”

-

While walking through the forest, Aeker was careful to avoid any of the residents. None of them could know a human had made it into the forest, and the boy would be in danger of being killed by some of the more violent ones. The forest was created specifically to keep these Pokemon away from humans, and if any were to know that one had made it in, panic would surely break out.

Once he was finally back to his portal, he set the boy down and looked at him in slight curiosity. It had been a while since he’d gotten this close to a human, as his trips to the human’s world had been getting farther and farther apart with how much he had to care for the forest and his daughter. Eventually the Spinarak who was sitting on the boy had had enough with him looking at him, and spit some webbing on him, hitting his eye.

He growled at the Spinarak after the webbing hit him, about to yell, but just pulled the webbing off his face instead. There were more important things then yelling at a pathetic bug that needed to be done anyway. He needed to find a place to keep the human safe. Unless he could get permission from Eternal and Morpheus to keep the boy in their cave, but even then he’d need a way to tell the boy he couldn’t leave, and as far as he knew no other Pokemon here other than him could communicate with humans, or even use telepathy. He didn’t expect the boy to listen to him though.

Eventually his thoughts were interrupted when he heard the Spinarak screech at something, alarming him to look towards it. He saw his daughter, now screeching back at the bug, though she quickly raced into her father’s arms to hide. She still screeched quietly at the Spinarak, but quieted down when her father asked her to stop. Though this didn’t stop her from asking a few questions.

“Why did it yell at me? What’s it sitting on?”

“It yelled at you because it’s rude is all,” Aeker responded, glaring at the Spinarak as it muttered to itself. “It hasn’t spoken since it got here. As for what it’s sitting on, that’s a human, you do remember me telling you about them right?”

The Phantump nodded, then asked another question, “I thought they weren’t allowed here?”

“They’re not, but Stitches did something bad and let one in.”

“Oh. He’s gonna get in a lot of trouble.”

“Yep, so never make the same mistake when you have to take my place, alright Ayla?” He looked down at his daughter in his arms, though she just curled up in his arms and mumbled to herself. She never liked it when he talked about her getting the job of guarding the portal, or the concept of him not being around forever. It was understandable though, after all she was just a child. He looked up to notice the boy moving around, he was waking up.

Aeker quickly put his daughter down and grabbed the boy, knocking the Spinarak off of him, and wrapped his arms around him in hopes of him not running off once he woke up. The boy stirred in his arms and finally woke up, looking around him.

“Why am I in a forest…” He mumbled, not seeming to notice he was being held by another Pokemon, that is until his Spinarak screeched at him. After that he realized something was holding him, and as he started to struggle, its hold on him got tighter. He looked to see what was holding him, and saw branches that looked like hands. This just made him struggle more, but whatever was holding him just tightened their grip more and growled.

“What the heck’s going on?” He finally looked behind himself saw he was being held by a tree… Wait, trees didn’t have an eye right on them. Finally panicking, he yelled out.

“Fang, use Night Slash and make this thing let go of me!”

His Spinarak obeyed, launching himself at the Pokemon holding him, and hitting him with the attack. It didn’t make him budge, but it seemed to annoy the Pokemon, as he growled at him. Though after this the Spinarak got an idea as he laughed to himself, while his trainer yelled at him to attack. This time he went towards the Phantump that was watching them, and used Night Slash on her.

This made him mad. He let go of the boy and pushed him out of the way while he ran over to the Spinarak and whacked him away, getting in front of his daughter. He growled at the bug as it hit the ground, but then realized his mistake when the boy got up and started running off, the Spinarak quickly following. Aeker muttered quietly to himself, then ran after them, his daughter still floating there. She knew better than to follow him right now.

The boy managed to be much better at running through the trees then he had expected, and he managed to avoid Aeker whenever he had nearly caught up with him. Though while running through the boy had managed to alert a few of the residents, each one yelling or screeching in surprise or fear the moment they saw him. Great, this won’t end well, though so far none of the residents weren’t attacking him, so that was at least good.

He thought too soon, mere seconds after thinking this, a surge of electricity nearly hit the boy. The boy yelled in surprise as the attack nearly hit him, looking to see who his attacker was. He saw a Pokemon he was familiar with, a Beheeyem. It was staring at him angrily, shaking in both fear and anger, electricity still sparking from it’s hands. He didn’t have time to question anything, as it was now preparing another attack, gathering darkness into its hands and launching a Dark Pulse.

The boy would have been hit for sure had the Pokemon who was holding him earlier not gotten in front of him and took the attack himself. This surprised the boy and the Beheeyem, as both looked at Aeker in confusion. The attack had managed to do more damage to him than he expected, but it was for sure not enough to knock him out. He looked up at the Beheeyem, still shaking, began to create another Dark Pulse in his hands.

“Get out of the way Aeker.” He demanded, “I won’t hesitate to knock you out if it’s necessary.”

“No,” He growled in response, “This one won’t hurt you. I promise this.”

The Beheeyem just shook his head, not believing a word the Trevenant said, and launched his attack. Aeker pushed the boy out of the way, and managed to mostly dodge the attack this time, it only scraped against him this time. Though it still hurt, it was much less damage than the first attack. Finally seeing no other choice, he seemed to vanish, surprising both the boy and the Beheeyem. The Beheeyem quickly ignored the vanished Pokemon though, as he was now preparing a Thunderbolt in his hands, the boy still sitting there in surprise.

Within seconds, Aeker reappeared behind the Beheeyem and grabbed him, wrapping his arms around him. The Beheeyem hadn’t yet launched his attack and the moment Aeker had grabbed him, causing him to lose control of his electricity and shocking them both. Aeker stumbled a bit at this, but kept his grip tight on the Beheeyem, who seemed to have been paralyzed by his own attack. Though the moment they heard someone yell, they both looked up to see Eternal.

“What's going on here?” He demanded, tail swishing in irritation. Stitches stood next to him, Edge and Blade on his back, confused. “What’re you two fighting about? Stitches was about to tell me something supposedly important and then I heard a bunch of yelling?”

“Uhhh…” Stitches yanked Eternal’s tail and pointed to the boy, who had been trying to sneak off. Though annoyed at the Banette for yanking his tail, he looked at where he was pointing.

“Oh. I’m sorry I doubted you Stitches!” he said, tail flicking again as he flew over to the boy and held his paw out. The boy just stared at him confused, not sure what to do about the Pokemon in front of him’s paw. After a few moments, Eternal frowned and asked, “What? You never seen a Mew offer a handshake?”

“He doesn’t understand you Eternal.” Aeker commented, still holding the Beheeyem, who was still struggling to escape, but incapable of moving all that much due to his paralysis. “Humans don’t understand Pokemon.”

“Oh yeah. How did I forget that.” The Mew lowered his paw and thought for a minute, then smiled. His eyes started glowing as he said, “This’ll be easy to fix.”

The boy yelped and tried to run off, muttering to himself about every Pokemon in the forest being crazy, before a dark orb suddenly shot towards him. It covered up his entire body as he collapsed to the ground, now asleep. Everyone looked over to the direction the orb had come from and saw a Darkrai with a white streak down to the tip of his tail, as well as some on his arms and shoulder wisps.

“Hello Morpheus,” Eternal said, putting his paws behind his back and grinning. “Glad you could join in on our little conversation, now would you help me take this boy back to the cave since you knocked him out, or are you too old and weak to do that?”

Ignoring Eternal’s comment, the Darkrai looked down at the boy for a moment before turning his gaze back to the Mew. He muttered to himself before saying, “As much as I’d love to put you in an endless nightmare, that would unfortunately be frowned upon. Now then, why is there a human in the forest?”

“”Well actually, I’ll explain it to you as you take it back to the cave. Remember that ‘vision’ I told you about earlier?” The Darkrai nodded, while Eternal chuckled to himself, “Well I may have left a few minor details out of it when I told you.”

“Great.” The Darkrai muttered, then looked over to Aeker and Beheeyem, the latter who was now shivering from the Paralysis now taking full effect on him. After a moment, he asked, “What happened there?”

“He tried attacking the human.” Aeker said, looking down at the Pokemon in his arms, “I should probably go take him back to his mate, and get him some Cheri Berries while I’m at it. Didn’t mean to make him paralyze himself, but it was kinda his own fault.”

“You do that Aeker,” Eternal said, the looked at Stitches. “You’re coming with us, you need to tell us how the human got here. Morpheus, you grab the boy.”

Morpheus nodded, while Stitches looked down in shame and said, “I really didn’t mean to let him here Eternal, I swear it was an accident.”

“Oh don’t worry Stitches,” Eternal said smiling, surprising the Banette. “You actually didn’t screw up this time.”
    Last edited by NightmareHybrid; 10th August 2014 at 9:25 PM.

No excuse for my lateness. I was just unmotivated for writing... Eventually this story will get interesting. Hopefully anyway.

-

Chapter 4

Gage mumbled as he finally stirred from his sleep, that was all a dream he hoped. Something had probably knocked him out or something, and everything else was a dream. Though this hope was gone when he finally sat up and looked at his surroundings.

He was laying in a bed of leaves, and he seemed to be in a cave. Great, now he didn’t even know he was at. He was about to get up, but stopped when he heard voices, two to be exact. He sat silently as he started listening to them, glad that he must have been found by some humans, though he wondered why he was in a cave.

“You could have at least told me it was a human that helped solve this ‘vision’ of yours. Better yet, tell me what the vision was about, since you’ve been avoiding telling me what you saw.” The first voice was quiet, and sounded calm. Eerily calm, like someone on the verge of yelling.

“Well I know you’re not too fond of humans, so I figured maybe I could keep it a secret?” The second voice was high pitched, but seemed to be male, a child maybe?

“I’m not quite fond of your secrets, now please explain to me what’s actually going on?”

The voices were silent for a moment, Gage confused to what these people were talking about, though his confusion turned to slight panic when one of the voices spoke again.

The first voice then sighed before speaking, “Never mind that, the boy’s awake now, so I suggest you explain some things to him.” The first voice spoke out.

Gage tried to run out of the only entrance to this part of the cave, but instead came face to face with the same blue feline as before. This time instead of freaking out, he grabbed Fang’s Pokeball and threatened to send him out. Though he became confused as the feline instead started giggling, then spoke in the second voice he had heard.

“I find it funny you’d think a simple Pokemon like yours would be capable of weakening me, and if you knew any better, you’d know that your Spinarak isn’t even in his Pokeball... Actually, I don’t even know where he’s at.”

“What!?” The boy dropped his Pokeball after this, not from what the Pokemon told him, but the fact that it spoke. “How the heck are you even talking? You’re a Pokemon! They’re not supposed to even be smart enough to talk!”

The boy’s panic only increased more as he heard an unamused laugh from outside his space in the cave, and a voice say, “We’re the unintelligent ones? I’ve been able to understand your language since your kind first started uttering any sort of comprehensible speech. I suppose I could give you credit for amusing me though.”

“Quiet you! We’re trying not to scare him!” The blue feline yelled back at whatever pokemon was on the other side of the wall before the boy had a chance to respond. Whoever was in the background just snickered in response. Quickly after, the blue feline turned his head back to the boy and finished speaking.

“Okay, now that I’ve done that, let me introduce myself.” The blue feline bowed his head, “Name’s Eternal, or at least that’s what they call me here. I’m the main guardian of this forest. Also, if you haven’t noticed, I’m a Mew, and if you throw any Pokeballs at me I’ll just smash em. Now then, what’s your name?”

The boy just kept staring at Eternal, still panicked and confused. This caused the Mew to roll his eyes and cross his arms.

“Don’t make me read your mind… I’m a psychic, and it’s not hard to do. I’m sure you don’t want me going through your most personal thoughts right?”

“Please no.” The boy stuttered, before he finally shook his head to get a hold of himself. It took a few seconds but finally he said, “My name’s Gage.”

“He speaks!” Eternal suddenly yelled, causing Gage to jump. The Mew just wagged his tail as he grabbed Gage’s arm and yanked him out of his room of the cave with strength that didn’t seem possible for such a tiny Pokemon. He yanked him into another room, right in front of another Pokemon, likely the other voice he had heard earlier. This Pokemon was bigger than both him and Eternal, and Gage could tell immediately by it’s dark and shadowy appearance it was likely a Ghost or Dark type.

“Alright Darkie,” Eternal went straight up to the other pokemon’s face, “introduce yourself!”

‘Darkie’ growled at the Mew in front of him, before yanking his tail to get him out of his face and throwing him. Eternal easily stopped himself though, and did a flip in the air as he paused in place and giggled. The other Pokemon just responded with a glare before turning his attention to Gage.

“Morpheus.”

Gage stood there again for a moment, he didn’t know if the Pokemon had said his name or his species, but he was assuming name, from what Eternal told him to do. He just kept staring at him, trying to figure out if he was familiar with this Pokemon, but he couldn’t figure it out. Apparently the Pokemon was confused by this as well, because it gave him a slight questioning look.

“Is something wrong?” It asked.

“Is that your name or your species? I don’t know what you are…” He responded.

“Oh, well I suppose that’s due to my kind being uncommon.” Morpheus said, before invisibly grinning to himself, “That or your kind has become more idiotic over the centuries, which I wouldn’t doubt. To answer your question, that was my name, and you humans call my kind ‘Darkrai’, I’m a pure Dark type. I am also capable of causing horrendous nightmares that are impossible to wake up from, so I suggest you don’t anger me too much, lest Eternal have to find a new being to take your place.”

“Oh… I’ll try not to then.” Gage started backing away, but stopped when Eternal popped up behind him and hugged his head.

“Heeyyy,” He whined, “I told you not to scare him Morpheus!”

“And I told you to not allow humans here, yet here is one before me.”

“Well I’m the true guardian here! I can do what I want! I could easily banish you from the forest, I don’t need you here!”

“I’d like to see you try.”

Gage could tell Eternal had nothing to say now, as the Mew crossed his arms and pouted. It didn’t take long for him to regain his original personality though, as he turned to Gage and looked the boy over.

“Why couldn’t it have been someone who looked less like a filthy rag who managed to wander into the forest?” He asked himself, then shrugged, “Oh well, you’ll do, Future Sight never lies anyway.”

“Hey!” Gage yelled, yanking Eternal’s tail, getting a yelp out of the Mew and a snicker from Morpheus, “You’d look filthy too if you had no clean clothes! Well, if you wore them… Wait, what do you mean by ‘You’ll do’?”

Eternal just grabbed his tail back and floated back next to Morpheus, giving the Darkrai an annoyed look. He then smoothed his messy fur back into place before answering the boy’s question.

“Well, a few years ago my Future Sight activated and let me see the future. That happens a lot without me purposely using it so this isn’t that weird. Anyway, I saw a vision of this really mean Pokemon coming and trying to take over the forest, and a human who was brought in by an accident who fixed it all. I don’t know how you’ll do it, but I know you’re the one! Hopefully anyway.”

“Oh… I’m not sure how to respond to that.” Gage sat in the corner and started holding his head and muttering to himself about being crazy.

“You tell me not to frighten him and then you tell him he’s supposed to save an entire forest?” Morpheus looked towards Eternal in annoyance, “Now what’s your idea of frightening Eternal?”

Eternal thought for a moment, then said, “Well, I guess I could have told him slower?”

-

Samarra was still standing at the door of the abandoned building, waiting for Gage to come out. He’d been in there for hours, they had arrived not long after sunset and now the first signs of sunrise were approaching. She was tired too, but there was no way she would sleep in a place where there were so many predators around and the only Pokemon she had to protect her were low leveled. She reached into her bag and pulled out a Pokeball, then sent out her Kirlia.

“He’s been in there for a long time Zephyr, do you think we should go after him?” She asked her Pokemon, who just shrugged in response.

“Well, you know Shadow Sneak, so if we do go in and see any Ghost types you think you could take care of them? I know Lynn won’t be of any use here, so you’re the only Pokemon who could help. You wanna go in?”

Zephyr nodded, also creating a small blue flame in his hands.

“I don’t think we’re going to need a Will-O-Wisp here.”

“Liaa” He pouted, crossing his arms. He didn’t use that move often, but he really wanted to.

Samarra just laughed quietly and patted her Pokemon’s head. “Maybe then. If we find a Pokemon who won’t run after one attack maybe you can use Will-O-Wisp.”

Zephyr smiled as he then jumped in front of his trainer and tried to open the door, but couldn’t due to his size. He pushed harder and squeaked happily when it finally opened, then ran inside. He hadn’t noticed his trainer had been the one to push it open though, and she just stood at the door for a moment before walking in slowly. She was still scared after yesterday, but since morning was coming that gave her a bit more courage. Ghosts usually didn’t come out in the day time for some reason.

She quickly ran in when she heard her Pokemon yell though, afraid he might have been attacked, but quickly running in she just saw him waiting impatiently for her. After seeing her come in he quickly ran ahead and began looking around.

“That wasn’t very nice Zephyr.” She yelled before running after him.

The Kirlia just turned and stuck his tongue out before running on ahead again, this time heading upstairs. This time Samarra ran after him immediately, not wanting her Pokemon to scare her like that again.

He stopped in front of a door with a slit in it, like someone had stabbed the door. The Kirlia tilted his head in curiousity before opening the door and looking around. His trainer wasn’t too far behind him, and came in, somewhat unnerved by the hole in the door.

There was nothing special about the room, it was basically empty except for a chair and another door. Samarra did notice another slit like hole in the floor, but ignored it. There was no sign of Gage in this room, so he was probably in a different room. She considered checking the other door in the room, but it was probably a closet. It wouldn’t hurt to look though would it?

She walked up to the door and tried to open, but it was locked. This confused her a bit, there didn’t seem to be a lock on the door, and if it was a closet there wouldn’t be one on the other side right?

“Oh, well he obviously isn’t in there.” She said, before turning and leaving the room. “Come on Zephyr, let’s look in some other rooms. He’s got to be here somewhere.”

'Sup. A wild reviewer appeared.

I got caught up to the fic yesterday. It is intriguing and is probably better than you seem to think it is. At least there's that for consolation.

I don't tend to say a lot on first reviews after getting caught up, leaving that for responses to future installments. The set-up for this is interesting, but not unheard of. Lovable rogue child gets caught up in clash between gods, meets girl, hilarity/crime-fighting/whatever ensues. What potentially sets this apart is its portrayal of humans as more or less the inferior species. For a world with beings with the strength of pickup trucks and the intelligence of supercomputers, it is surprising that fewer authors take this approach. It also has a strange Mystery Dungeon world and a lot of bridges to the Kalos games, which I have admittedly not played. And also a Mew that vaguely reminds me of the doctor. That's always fun.

I would reread your work before posting. There were some errors in the earlier chapters that I find it strange you missed. No specifics, though, because first review.

Overall, I look forward to seeing where this goes in the future.
    The Flash Drive of Champions: Backgrounds

There are many reasons to journey in the Pokemon World. It turns out that banishment, Bond Villains, unbeatable rivals and being forced to attend one dance too many are among them.

File 2.5 is up. Gela literally puts on a show for the world to see while elsewhen her world is shattered beyond repair.

I read all the previous chapters and edited any mistakes I found, but I don't know if I got them all. I read through this chapter too, but I make no guarantee I got all of them.

I know I haven't really been updating this often, and that's probably due to my interest shifting to writing something else. I'm writing something else at the moment, but this story will be updated as often as I can.

-

Chapter 5

“How long has he been sitting there?”

Morpheus had decided not long after talking to Gage he would sleep, since the whole incident with him running around and yelling had awoken him in the first place. He had managed to sleep again, but had been woken up by Eternal by early morning, and saw the boy still in the corner. Thus the obvious question had been asked.

“Uhh… It was about moonrise when he first sat there right?” Eternal asked, before getting an annoyed look from the Darkrai.

“Eternal we’re in a cave, how would I know that?”

“Well you get your power from moonlight right?” His question received a now confused look from the Dark type.

“No, my power is enhanced by the new moon, but only slightly. I can’t tell what position it’s in, I would have assumed you’d have learned this by now.”

Eternal just shrugged and said, “Hey we both know I’m no genius and I’ve got the attention span of a Goldeen.”

Morpheus just growled, then went up to Gage and grabbed him, yanking him to his feet. The boy responded by yelping and falling back to the floor, apparently incapable of standing at the time. Morpheus stared down at the boy, who just laid there a few seconds in confusion before finally getting up. He then looked up at Morpheus, who was now looking at Eternal in extreme annoyance. Realizing he was paying no attention to him, he grabbed the Darkrai’s arm and yanked it in his own annoyance, even if he knew he wouldn’t be able to really affect the larger Dark type.

Apparently he had been wrong, because the instant he yanked his arm the Darkrai gave out a sharp yelp. Gage jumped back in surprise, he hadn’t expected anything to happen except possibly making the Darkrai angry, but he had actually managed to hurt him. Maybe he was just surprised and hadn’t expected it, that would make more sense.

He looked back to the Darkrai, expecting him to yell something back. Instead Morpheus was now gripping his left arm, the one Gage had yanked, while staring at him in shock. He had managed to hurt him, there was no other explanation.

Morpheus quickly got back to the annoyed look he had before, then turned to Eternal, who had been watching all this without a word, and asked in an eerily quiet voice,

“Why don’t you show the boy around then Eternal?”

-

“I don’t think you know how lucky you are Morpheus didn’t attack you.”

Eternal had practically dragged Gage out of the cave when Morpheus had told them to leave. He was now sitting against a tree, Eternal playing with a leaf while laying on a branch, while Gage thought to himself. It had been silent for a while before Eternal finally said this.

“What do you mean by that?” Gage asked.

“I mean you’re lucky he didn’t Dark Pulse you or something, I mean whenever I even touch his arm he nearly takes my tail off!”

“Well, I didn’t expect to hurt him,” Gage responded, still wondering how he had managed to do it. He decided to ask Eternal, “How did I hurt him though? I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure a Pokemon like him shouldn’t be affected by a weak tug on the arm from a child.”

“Oh, well the answer to that is obvious.” The Mew responded, looking down at Gage from the branch he had laid on, now smiling, “Morpheus is billions of years old, you really think he’s never had any sort of battle that’s left any sort of permanent damage? I actually know for a fact where that particular injury came from, cause I was there.”

“Oh.” Was all the response that Eternal received, he had noticed the Mew’s smile disappear at his last sentence, but it suddenly returned when the tree that had been holding Gage earlier walked up. He was about to freak out and run when the tree spoke to him.

“For sanity’s sake, I’m not gonna hurt you.” It sounded male, but of course he couldn’t be sure, it was a tree. Trees weren’t supposed to be alive. Maybe it was a Pokemon? Eternal apparently decided to answer his thoughts, because he came down from the branch he was lying and flew up to the tree.

“This is Aeker!” He said, sitting on top of the tree, much to its annoyance. “He’s a Trevenant, and he guards one of the entrances to the real world, and is also the whole reason as to why this forest is alive. Without him we’d live in a barren wasteland!”

The tree, now known as Aeker, grabbed Eternal off of him and set him back on the branch.

“Thanks for the introduction,”He said in slight annoyance before looking to Gage, “Well, now that you know me, why not tell me your name? That way I don’t have to call you ‘Human’ or ‘Boy’.”

He looked up at the tree and quietly said,“Gage.”

“Good.” Aeker then looked to Eternal, “So you want me to introduce him to a few of the residents right?”

Eternal nodded, the curled his tail around Gage’s head. “I’m coming with you, just in case something happens.”

“Alright, Gage you follow me, I’ll introduce you to one of the entrance guardians first.” After this Gage quickly shot up to his feet, yanking Eternal with him, amusing the Trevenant. “You might actually know this particular guard.”

“I don’t know anyone here…” He muttered, his only response being Eternal patting him on the head and Aeker giving a slight laugh.

Walking through the forest was strange. He didn’t understand how any of these Pokemon were able to travel through it, it was like a maze, or why he didn’t see any Pokemon either. A forest should be full of Pokemon shouldn’t it, at least a Starly or something, but there was nothing around. He was thinking to himself about this, but then another question hit his mind, so he asked Eternal, who was now floating beside him.

“Hey Eternal,” he had alerted the Mew, and he was now looking toward him, “Why can I understand what you’re saying?”

“That’s easy!” The Mew practically shouted, curling his tail around Gage’s arm and sitting on his shoulder. “I ‘blessed’ you, as most would say, it’s just a simple little mind adjustment I did so I didn’t have to bother with telepathy and translate anyone else for you. Even Morpheus can’t use telepathy or speak human, and I really didn’t feel like explaining the complicated words that come out of him.”

Aeker in front of them stopped at what Eternal said, and looked down at the Mew on Gage’s shoulder with a look the boy could only guess was annoyance and asked, “So you mean I’ve been speaking human to the boy for basically no reason?”

“Yep!”

“I should have expected you not to tell me that, even if you know I’m not exactly used to speaking human anymore.”

“Yep.”

Aeker didn’t respond this time, and instead began walking again, bringing back the strange silence of the forest. It didn’t stay silent for long though, because soon they all heard what sounded like someone arguing in the distance. This distant noise caused Aeker to mutter something inaudibly to himself and walk faster.

Soon enough Gage could tell what the voices were saying.

“I told you it was a stupid idea!”

“You say that is if I had a choice! Why would I just-”

The voices were interrupted quickly though, because just as they entered the clearing Aeker yelled “Both of you quiet down!”

He heard a yelp and a squawk as the two unknown Pokemon quieted down. He looked around Aeker to see what they were and saw a birdlike Pokemon with yellow, blue, and green feathers. He recognised it as an Archeops, a Pokemon most thought were extinct. The other was the Banette from earlier, but his swords were nowhere to be seen. The Banette apparently saw him too, because he started yelling.

“Why is that still here?” he then asked angrily, pointing towards him. “I thought we all wanted humans to stay out of the forest, and you’re here walking around with one like it’s a normal thing?”

Aeker growled to himself before saying back, “Eternal says he’s important, and since he’s the guardian of the forest, I will listen to what he says. I suggest you do the same.”

The Banette was about to say something again, but the Archeops kicked him out of the way and flew over towards Gage. He landed about a foot in front of him and stuck his face up against Gage’s for a few moments, then looked around at the rest of him. He then made a noise that sounded like he was laughing to itself.

“That’s what a human looks like?” It asked while poking his face, “You make them sound like a threat, but I don’t see anything threatening about him!”

He stopped poking him as Aeker grabbed him and yanked him away, setting him next to the Banette who was now in front of them. He stepped away a bit after the Archeops was set next to him. They both looked up as Eternal spoke though.

“Even if he doesn’t look threatening, or if you just hate his species, you have to tolerate him here in the forest. I’m sure he’ll leave eventually, but for now he’s stuck here, so I suggest you tell him your names!”

The Banette just growled to himself, but was pushed out of the way by the Archeops, who stuck his face into Gage’s again.

“Name’s Khamsin! The dumb doll on the ground over there is Stitches.” He said, pointing towards at the Banette who was face down in the dirt. “He’s no fun to be around, so I suggest you avoid him.”

“He’s the one you should avoid…” Stitches muttered in response before being picked up by Aeker. The Archeops stuck his tongue out at the Banette, but was ignored.

“So where’re the others Stitches?” Aeker asked before setting him down.

“I sent Sky out to play with Ayla,” He saw Gage give a confused look at the mention of the names. He rolled his eyes in annoyance before responding, “Sky is a Kecleon and my adopted daughter, Ayla is Aeker’s daughter. Does that answer any questions you’re too afraid to say?”

“I didn’t say anything, but yes.”

“Good.” He turned his attention back to Aeker and finished speaking. “Edge and Blade are doing whatever they feel like doing most likely. The boy should know who they are from when we first met.”

Gage had noticed he had said the last part with a smirk, but nobody else seemed to notice it. That or they ignored him. After that the Banette just walked off though and sat on a log nearby, the Archeops following. He muttered something to Stitches, and restarted the argument that they had run into in the first place.

Aeker just stared at them in slight annoyance before beginning to walk off, Gage and Eternal soon following after. Aeker suddenly turned and grabbed the Mew’s tail, and pulled him in front of him.

“I hope you don’t expect me to introduce him to every being in the forest. One reason being he’s likely to be killed by one of them, the other, I already have no patience for any more of this.”

-

Samarra slammed the door shut, walking out of the building. It was finally morning, and it was getting hot. It was a desert after all, so this heat was to be expected. Though she didn’t care for the weather right now, she was annoyed.

“Where the heck could that boy have gone?” She asked herself, walking back to the town. She didn’t care if he was still there or not, she didn’t even know why she cared in the first place. She had just met him, and she obviously annoyed him. She shook the thought off, she had to get back to selling her gems.

Zephyr just followed behind her the whole way, looking around at the desert. He ignored his trainer’s constant muttering, more interested in his surroundings. He’d never been in the desert before, when they came to Unova they had stayed in the small town. Though it seemed like a short time he had been thinking to himself, he soon ran into his trainer when she stopped at their table in the town.

Samarra began setting the gems up on the table, while her Pokemon watched. She was nearly done when someone came up to her table.

“Excuse me miss,” A male voice. Samarra shot her head up in surprise, as she hadn’t seen him come over. She accidentally knocked down one of the boxes of gems in her surprise, and cursed to herself in response. She ignored them for the moment and looked up to the kid who had came up to her table. Or at least she assumed he was a kid, he didn’t look quite like an adult.

He was plain looking, longish black hair, brown eyes, a plain green shirt and a pair of jeans. She did find the scarf he wore unusual, not only because of the heat, but it seemed to be made of… fur?

“Aren’t you a bit young to be cursing?” He asked.

“Probably.” she responded in boredom. “Oh wait, are you here to buy any of these gems?”

“Alright then, I won’t judge you for being honest.” He responded with a grin, then hearing her question he said, “Yes, I’d like to buy a few of your gems, a few of each please. I’ve been planning on using these two, plus their team mates, for a battle.”

It was now that she noticed the two Pokemon behind him, a large metallic red insect and a smaller red humanoid Pokemon with blades on it’s head and chest. A Scizor and a Bisharp. The Scizor seemed to grin when it saw her, but it wasn’t a friendly grin. This unnerved her slightly, but she went to get the gems he asked for.

She grabbed a few of each and set them onto the table, while her Kirlia began to pick up the dropped gems from earlier. While she did this the boy grabbed some money out of his pocket to pay for them. Afterwards he then turned around, motioning to his Pokemon, who were distracted by Zephyr, to follow him. The Bisharp agreed automatically, but the Scizor wasn’t listening and instead kept making noises at the Kirlia.

“Hope, get over here!” He yelled.

The Scizor growled to itself, kicked Zephyr, then walked after its trainer. Zephyr responded by yelling things in return, but was ignored. He then stuck his tongue out at the Scizor and went to his trainer’s side, crossing his arms and pouting.

Samarra grinned and held back a laugh, then said, “Well, other than your apparent rivalry with that boy’s Scizor, that was pretty successful. Hopefully more people come and buy some gems.”
    Last edited by NightmareHybrid; 10th August 2014 at 12:49 AM.

Sorry it took a few days, but I'm back with another review.

To start, grammar check:

Questions you're too
    A few of each please
    Bold words are wrong. CTRL+F to locate them and fix. But, as you can see, there were very few grammatical problems in this chapter.

Onto the actual content. The Darkrai wound was easily the most interesting part of the fic for me in that it deals with an aspect of immortality that not many writers of stories with immortal legendaries include. But there really was not a whole lot else to mention. Some character development and introduction to new characters, but nothing that fundamentally changed the nature of the plot. Really just a breather chapter with even less clear plot relevance than a normal breather chapter. So, for once, I have no plot holes to fix. Enjoy the respite while you can.

Relatively uneventful chapter. I will be back with more when you post more.
    The Flash Drive of Champions: Backgrounds

There are many reasons to journey in the Pokemon World. It turns out that banishment, Bond Villains, unbeatable rivals and being forced to attend one dance too many are among them.

File 2.5 is up. Gela literally puts on a show for the world to see while elsewhen her world is shattered beyond repair.

Not a new chapter, but more of an update of sorts. I'm really not sure I'll finish this story at this point, because not only am I realizing I did not plan it out very well, but I've found a story with an extremely similar plot as this story is supposed to have, and I'm not having too much luck thinking of a way to change it... Not to mention I've recently lost my motivation to write or draw anything Pokemon related.

Sorry to say that, but this story may or may not be finished at this point... Which I'm pretty ashamed of considering I deleted the last story I wrote here because it was so poorly written. I'll try to think of something, but until then, this story will not be updated.