Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62

Thread: January Plot Discussion

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Well, witches can fly. Sure, the Fokko line doesn't learn any Flying moves in the games, but Kusaka could take liberties with it, like using fire to fly.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Fennekin is missing. If it doesn't get rescued anytime soon, she's getting Froakie.

    Also, if you look closely in the last Ichiban pic, you can see that Froakie actually defended her from an attack.

    As for personality, yes, Fennekin would work best. But remember; she's a Sky Trainer. What would work best for a Trainer who fights in the air than a ninja? It can't fly, but it's close enough.
    It did? Great! I so want Y with Froakie. Her not getting the overly girly stereotype Pokemon would be wonderful. It would separate her from Serena's anime half greatly and be different. I want her with the frog.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Due X's parents work in remote place, Grace (Y's mom) to help take care of him and provided meals.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    http://twitpic.com/dmu03z

    Back cover to volume 48.

    That's all Unova Gym Leaders (and Iris) except the Striaton trio. Assuming the Keldeo chapter is in 49, we can expect them on that back cover.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    http://twitpic.com/dmu03z

    Back cover to volume 48.

    That's all Unova Gym Leaders (and Iris) except the Striaton trio. Assuming the Keldeo chapter is in 49, we can expect them on that back cover.
    According to the schedule of French version, Striaton trio still does not appear in volume 49.

    But they have still some chance on volume 49 back cover, like DP 31-35.

    If not, then this will be on volume 50 back cover.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    So what rounds were included in Volume 48? Were the Mistralton Cave chapters amongst them?

    EDIT: Nvm I figured out what rounds were in Volume 48. I also just figured out that the Mistralton Cave chapter finally got a place within the round sequences (only about heaven-knows-how-long late). But for anyone who has the volume, what were the rounds called? Thanks!
    Last edited by Macromind101; 28th November 2013 at 7:20 PM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    The VS titles:

    Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus 1, 2 (I'm not sure the titles is their names or any addresses......)

    Cryogonal

    Tirtouga

    Meloetta 1, 2

    Rufflet

    Munna


    The Kanji titles:

    激突 Clash

    復活 Resurrection

    修業 Discipling

    暴走 The Wild-riding

    旋律 Melody

    演奏 The Playing

    邂逅 Encounter

    仲間 Fellows


    Round 43 and 44 (the round that only five-page) are combine to form a round.

    White's Barbara can be manned to fly (I do not know it whether the same in serial), and White's Sally (Solosis) is male.

    Bianca have no contact with Cheren for several weeks.

    The volume ends in Black starts to challenge Brycen.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Netkun updated!

    The standard stuff is there.

    The Pokedex has been updated to add Burgh's Dwebble, N's Zorua (What? No gender? Come on...), and Burgh's Whirlipede. The move section has added Acrobatics, Electroweb, and Quiver Dance.

    X and Y have also been added to the cast page. Huh. It took a few months for Lack-Two and Whi-Two to get something. Oh well.

    And yes, it does confirm that their names are to be spelled as "X" and "Y".
    Last edited by lolipiece; 4th December 2013 at 12:08 PM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    246

    Default

    There are also lots of photos from their Singapore trip. Looks like they had really fun, and Yamamoto's new hairstyle is awesome.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I wonder when X and Y's ages will be revealed. I'm making a random guess that they're 13, because 13 was never picked as a starting age for a generation (RGB GSC RS of 11, DP of 12, BW of 14).
    135: "You play wifi random matchups?"
    Me: "Occasionally."
    135: "Why?"
    Me: "Being undefeated is fun."
    135: "That's nice, but how many were against those who actually knew what they were doing?"
    Me: "More than you'd think. I face one noob player per every two pros. But the point is, I'm undefeated against other RNGers."
    135: "Perhaps. But the real fun comes from facing other pros in full scale 6 v 6 with no restrictions. That's where everything goes."

    Moral of story: Random matchups can be fun and interesting, but a full scale 6 vs. 6 can be an epic clash where both sides bring everything they have into the field, including gimmicks, dedicated counters, and emergency responses.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    I wonder when X and Y's ages will be revealed. I'm making a random guess that they're 13, because 13 was never picked as a starting age for a generation (RGB GSC RS of 11, DP of 12, BW of 14).
    Well I can't imagine them being eleven. Y's chest would attest to that. I would imagine them being either 13 as you said or 14-15. I don't think they are any older then that. They don't look all that old to me, personally.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Well I can't imagine them being eleven. Y's chest would attest to that. I would imagine them being either 13 as you said or 14-15. I don't think they are any older then that. They don't look all that old to me, personally.
    You'd be surprised at how many manga prove that sentence false...

    I'm gonna go with maybe 14 to 16.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many manga prove that sentence false...

    I'm gonna go with maybe 14 to 16.
    Example for Whi-two...... XD

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Example for Whi-two...... XD
    Whi-two is eleven? I know some manga's give girls large chest at young ages but even at eleven? What mangas are those?! Well there was Blue.

    I still say Y's age is from 13-15. Just my guess though. She could be younger but if she is then my goodness.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Whi-two is eleven? I know some manga's give girls large chest at young ages but even at eleven? What mangas are those?! Well there was Blue.

    I still say Y's age is from 13-15. Just my guess though. She could be younger but if she is then my goodness.
    She is twelve.

    But no every girls has large chest, like Platinum, Sapphire, White, and Yellow....... right lol

  16. #41

    Default

    We aren't in Poke-Japan anymore, folks. If you're East Asian, there is a good chance that your boobs are smaller than a non-East Asian's. ^-^
    Where'd I put my mallet?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    982

    Default

    White's Pokemons' ability:

    Serperior- Overgrow

    Deerling- Chlorophyll

    Alomomola- Healer

    Stunfisk- Limber

    Solosis- Magic Guard

    Vullaby- Big Pecks


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    White's Pokemons' ability:

    Serperior- Overgrow

    Deerling- Chlorophyll

    Alomomola- Healer

    Stunfisk- Limber

    Solosis- Magic Guard

    Vullaby- Big Pecks

    Ah, White. Has like the worst team in Dex Holder history. Even when considering Ruby and his DELCATTY.
    Kinda funny, though. Stunfisk with Limber? As of Generation VI, Electric types can't be Paralyzed, so... take up an Ability slot with Limber too, huh? Fan Rotom with Levitate, anyone?
    135: "You play wifi random matchups?"
    Me: "Occasionally."
    135: "Why?"
    Me: "Being undefeated is fun."
    135: "That's nice, but how many were against those who actually knew what they were doing?"
    Me: "More than you'd think. I face one noob player per every two pros. But the point is, I'm undefeated against other RNGers."
    135: "Perhaps. But the real fun comes from facing other pros in full scale 6 v 6 with no restrictions. That's where everything goes."

    Moral of story: Random matchups can be fun and interesting, but a full scale 6 vs. 6 can be an epic clash where both sides bring everything they have into the field, including gimmicks, dedicated counters, and emergency responses.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Canada Ontario
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I was hoping X got Froakie. The male protagonists never seem to get any of the more cooler starters every gen. Since it started with Bulbasaur, i'm not surprised. I mean they're cool in their own right, but let's be honest here. Also I can tell this is gonna be like Ruby and Sapphire all over again. The girl is a total champ with a cool characteristic and has an awesome team, while the boy is somewhat lame and boring with a not-so-exciting team. I wish they'd both just get an equal amount of the cool factor and not make guys look like idiots. Sigh... can't say i'm too happy with the manga already. The anime gave Ash Froakie and I can already tell it's gonna evolve into the awesome Greninja so that's something good they did there in a long while, but the manga just seems to be pulling out the same typical stuff we've already seen before. On a side note, it's getting a little tiring constantly seeing the female always associated with Greninja. I'd like to see it with the male for once. Delphox always seemed more of the female's type, but now the manga is gonna brainwash people otherwise after this. Like how the gen 3 male is always with Swampert, or the gen 2 male is always with Typhlosion. I hope I don't seem like i'm bashing anything. It's just when I see the same things being done over and over again, I tend to let loose.
    Last edited by BloodThirstyBisharp; 23rd December 2013 at 10:37 AM.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Do you think Chesnaught a cool pokemon , don't you ?

    I think because of how difference of the manga from the anime , it makes everything more interesting . And i don't know where you see all the female get along with Greninja . SERENA got Fennekin . So give Y Froakie was very fresh . I don't want the starter in the anime overshadow the one in manga so the difference Kusaka made was pretty exciting .

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodThirstyBisharp View Post
    I was hoping X got Froakie. The male protagonists never seem to get any of the more cooler starters every gen. Since it started with Bulbasaur, i'm not surprised. I mean they're cool in their own right, but let's be honest here. Also I can tell this is gonna be like Ruby and Sapphire all over again. The girl is a total champ with a cool characteristic and has an awesome team, while the boy is somewhat lame and boring with a not-so-exciting team. I wish they'd both just get an equal amount of the cool factor and not make guys look like idiots. Sigh... can't say i'm too happy with the manga already. The anime gave Ash Froakie and I can already tell it's gonna evolve into the awesome Greninja so that's something good they did there in a long while, but the manga just seems to be pulling out the same typical stuff we've already seen before. On a side note, it's getting a little tiring constantly seeing the female always associated with Greninja. I'd like to see it with the male for once. Delphox always seemed more of the female's type, but now the manga is gonna brainwash people otherwise after this. Like how the gen 3 male is always with Swampert, or the gen 2 male is always with Typhlosion. I hope I don't seem like i'm bashing anything. It's just when I see the same things being done over and over again, I tend to let loose.
    Where is the female being associated with Greninja? I would like to see this, because I always see the female with the Fennekin line. Rarely ever see her with Greninja. Considering Serena in the anime got the Fennekin line, Y getting Froakie would be wonderful since the anime trumps Pokemon Adventures in terms of advertisements and what people associate starters with. Casual fans still call Sapphire, May or Platinum, Dawn. Pokemon Adventures does treat their females way better then the anime treats their females but where does this "Male's get lame teams?" coming from? They look fine to me. Just because they aren't using the overpowered competitive Pokemon, most people use in their real game teams, doesn't make them lame. So what if the females have strong characteristic traits and actually good teams? You know how rare that is to have both of those in the anime for females? Even then they are still secondary to the males in the plot. I'd be glad Y is getting Froakie. It distances her from her anime counterpart.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodThirstyBisharp View Post
    I was hoping X got Froakie. The male protagonists never seem to get any of the more cooler starters every gen. Since it started with Bulbasaur, i'm not surprised. I mean they're cool in their own right, but let's be honest here.
    Honestly, thank god he doesn't have Froakie. That pokemon has been shoved down my throughout since it was revealed (I like him and all but still). Part of it's because of the anime too. I like the trend of the main males getting the least popular starter (Ruby and Mudkip, Diamond and Turtwig, Black and Tepig). I also think Chespin the best out of all the Gen six starters so......

    Also I can tell this is gonna be like Ruby and Sapphire all over again. The girl is a total champ with a cool characteristic and has an awesome team, while the boy is somewhat lame and boring with a not-so-exciting team.
    Uh, in RSE Ruby was handicapped team-wise because of his goal of winning the contests. Guess who's the handicapped one here? It's Y and her sky battling. Her team will probably be limited to mostly flying pokemon. While X, who is much stronger than Y and is just a regular trainer, can get whatever he wants.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Canada Ontario
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Where is the female being associated with Greninja? I would like to see this, because I always see the female with the Fennekin line. Rarely ever see her with Greninja. Considering Serena in the anime got the Fennekin line, Y getting Froakie would be wonderful since the anime trumps Pokemon Adventures in terms of advertisements and what people associate starters with. Casual fans still call Sapphire, May or Platinum, Dawn. Pokemon Adventures does treat their females way better then the anime treats their females but where does this "Male's get lame teams?" coming from? They look fine to me. Just because they aren't using the overpowered competitive Pokemon, most people use in their real game teams, doesn't make them lame. So what if the females have strong characteristic traits and actually good teams? You know how rare that is to have both of those in the anime for females? Even then they are still secondary to the males in the plot. I'd be glad Y is getting Froakie. It distances her from her anime counterpart.
    Just delve into the internet long enough to notice, trust me. Also it's even the hardcore fans like myself who still call "Sapphire" May or "Platinum" Dawn. As those are their actual names given to them from the video games, which is obviously considered the most canon in Pokemon story-wise. The manga does it's own thing by naming them after the versions to be different I guess. And to add on to what I meant with "males getting lame teams", i'm not saying they should have high tier Pokemon and be super awesome and broken, no. It's just I notice most times in the different arcs, the male characters always have a team with an either "dopey" theme or just unappealing all together. I remember being uninterested in Gold because his team seemed so... silly, but Crystal and even Silver looked awesome for having Pokemon that weren't so overpowered, yet cool at the same time. Ruby being a coordinator was nice, but the decision on his team seemed lazy, nothing besides his starter and the exception of Milotic, really stood out. There were better choices for a contest based theme for him to have in Hoenn. While Sapphire had the whole wild and go-getter character with strong and cool Pokemon given to her which automatically made her more popular for unfair reasons. As for Diamond.... yeah. I just think the whole "average guy but cool girlfriend" thing is played out. Now i'm not saying out of rage that these characters CAN'T have these certain starters, but because there are a lot of misguided people out there who always associate the manga as "this is the most canon in Pokemon, so everything I and others as well do in the games HAVE to match the manga". Many different commenters i'v seen actually say that. So because of that, i'd hate to see my favorite Pokemon in gen 6, Greninja, be categorized as a "girly and female pick only" kind of Pokemon. Like how they did to Meganium, Blaziken, and Empoleon. That's just my worry out of the fanbase's actions which i'v seen a lot. But thank god at least the anime gave Ash the better starter, so it'll hopefully balance things out.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Please, space your paragraphs. It's annoying to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodThirstyBisharp View Post
    Just delve into the internet long enough to notice, trust me. Also it's even the hardcore fans like myself who still call "Sapphire" May or "Platinum" Dawn. As those are their actual names given to them from the video games, which is obviously considered the most canon in Pokemon story-wise. The manga does it's own thing by naming them after the versions to be different I guess.
    No. That's not how it works.

    The games are canon. To themselves. And only themselves.

    This is a Pokemon manga. One of many. Like the games, they are also canon...to themselves.

    Ruby being a coordinator was nice, but the decision on his team seemed lazy, nothing besides his starter and the exception of Milotic, really stood out. There were better choices for a contest based theme for him to have in Hoenn. While Sapphire had the whole wild and go-getter character with strong and cool Pokemon given to her which automatically made her more popular for unfair reasons.
    What are you talking about? Since when does a team contribute to a Dex holder's popularity? I rarely ever see anyone talking about a Dex holder's team anyway.

    Also, Ruby is a lot more popular than Sapphire is.

    As for Diamond.... yeah. I just think the whole "average guy but cool girlfriend" thing is played out.
    ???

    Now i'm not saying out of rage that these characters CAN'T have these certain starters, but because there are a lot of misguided people out there who always associate the manga as "this is the most canon in Pokemon, so everything I and others as well do in the games HAVE to match the manga". Many different commenters i'v seen actually say that. So because of that, i'd hate to see my favorite Pokemon in gen 6, Greninja, be categorized as a "girly and female pick only" kind of Pokemon. Like how they did to Meganium, Blaziken, and Empoleon. That's just my worry out of the fanbase's actions which i'v seen a lot. But thank god at least the anime gave Ash the better starter, so it'll hopefully balance things out.
    It's a blue ninja frog. No one's gonna call it "girly." And what's wrong if they do?

    And I really doubt Pokespe influences other people. And if does, so what? That's not Kusaka's fault or anything. Just the fans'.

    Also, hey, remember that February thread we were posting in, guys?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I think Y get Fennekin would be much more correct for your explanation . Not Froakie . Because the fanbase view Fennekin as Chikorita, Torchic , or Piplup type of feminine and popular , not Froakie . I don't get your reason to be raging about how our heroes team seem uninteresting . IMO their team seem more interesting because you couldn't think those weak Poke such as Sunflora or Casform can be badass .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •