Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (810)

Wow. So Ash finally remember Serena, huh? Sweet. Things are getting interesting.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Wait. That pink outfit Serena wore was her racing clothes? I thought they were pajamas.

Oooh, romance? In my Pokemon? This I have to see. Finally, perhaps Ash will mature as a person.

As a trainer...I still have to see that happen.

EDIT: ...Did I just kill the thread?
    It's early morning for a lot of forum goers, and I'd wager a lot of regular watchers didn't watch because it looked so Filler-ish.

Sooo...does anyone know if serena said her goal?
    Serena said she didn't know what she was going to do at the end of the previous episode. Since this one begins with that scene I figure that still holds true.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but did Ash just wonder about the Lumiose Gym Leader at which point Citron tries to quickly change the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wait. That pink outfit Serena wore was her racing clothes? I thought they were pajamas.

Oooh, romance? In my Pokemon? This I have to see. Finally, perhaps Ash will mature as a person.

As a trainer...I still have to see that happen.
    There's romance in pokemon? Cool. Ash happens to be an impact for Serena.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Sushi!!! We need you translating genius please!!! What did Serena say about her goal in this episode??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    A fellow member kindly talked to me about this just now and I feel it might be useful to reiterate my answer here:

Please try to keep the shipping talk out of here, be it positive or negative or neither. There's nothing wrong with devoting a part of your review to remarks on how cute/annoying/whatever the interactions between two characters were, but direct your feelings on the shipping/crush/canon/fanon/marriage/pancakes dimension of them to the Shippers forum. Just like people who hate or don't give a crap about your ship are not allowed in the shipping subforum, non-shippers deserve some peace here and should be allowed to freely discuss the ep without seeing fangasms (or whatever the opposite of it is...) in every second post.

Thanks for reading ^_^

It's just par for the course with what direction the anime is seemingly going through. But clench your teeth and steel your sinews for it is only just the beginning, the great shitstorm of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Sushi!!! We need you translating genius please!!! What did Serena say about her goal in this episode??
    I'm not Sushi, but she said she hadn't decided what she wanted to do yet.

Also, as usually, be wary of heavy mistranslations that have a tendency to pop up shortly after the episode's airing, and don't base your understanding on this rather dialogue-centric and important episode on what that thing claims the dialogue translates to.

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalMovies View Post
    Eureka is so adorable I could just die of cuteness.

I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN HER PYJAMAS?

Thanks to Sunyshore for the picture.
    WOOOO it so CUTEE
    Dies OTO from cuteness
    hope eureka have more pajamas to wear

the episode is nice , just to much Ash and serena interaction in this episode
    wish there more interaction between Serena and Citron, well this is epsiode for Amourshipping , so i think is okay
    i hope they make more interaction i just dont want that serena and clemont is like dawn and brock
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    I'm not Sushi, but she said she hadn't decided what she wanted to do yet.
    Sorry Dephender lol, Sushi was just the first mod to post in here .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    so wait, was there a point to the race since it didn't exactly finish?
    Based on my understanding, the point of this episode was

- to introduce us viewer and the group to the concept of "Rhyhorn Race".

- for Serena to understand what was all the training she received from her mother was all about (as understood by those flashback she had). Also how unlike her, Ash was enjoying this whole thing much better.

- to introduce Serena's to Pokemon Battle (which she herself commented about), though it was just against TR and it was only one attack.

- Ash finally remembering meeting Serena in the past, and the events that occurred.

- for Serena to get to know more about the grown up Ash.

- for her to officially be part of the group and the others knowing that she is presently looking for a goal which she would like to pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalMovies View Post
    I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN HER PYJAMAS?
    So, she has a Tyrantrum PJ.

Wonder what other types she would have.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 21st November 2013 at 5:25 PM.

Eh episode was alright i guess. I expected perhaps some sort of conflict going between mother and Serena leading to fighting out for herself and what she wants to pursue. Leading to overcoming misunderstanding between mother and daughter later on but eh like expected not much came out of it.

Hoswever ill admit, Serena dialogue at end of episode of not being sure in what she see herself and what she would like to work toward to becoming point of her life shades small glimpse of hope, in vain of character eventually finding its own goal with her existence and reasoning behind joining cast gaining more meat(hopefully).

As long they do some well paced build up toward it ill be satisfied.

Ash trying to ride Rhyhorn having difficulties in handling it was pretty fun to see and i liked how Serena gave him instructions starting to realize shes been acting like Grace all along. Causing discomfort within herself.

Bonnie was adorable and cute as ever and its good to see fruits of joining Ash starting to pay of being much more courageous and determined trying to smash TR cage and gadgets with rocks running around. Ash so far definitely helps him to be more straightforward and confident in himself along with gaining experience and requiredd knowledge to better himself as trainer.

More background about Ash early life was appreciated as well adding more insight in his background, but since im not especially interested in shipping and romance i donpt have much to say about Serena constant blushing and interest expressed for said character. Im fairly neutral toward it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Not to disagree or nothing, but we are dealing with something different this time:
    Serena has acrush on Ash. Until now, the main character that were in love with Ash were Anabel, Angie, Latias and Melody., who aren't neither main character or rivals.
    Before we deal with:
    -Misty: mainly in the dub, although some of the hints are in the raw. Of course, no blushing or something similar.
    Actually most of hints according to bulba were in raw, just not as straightforward like it was case with dub. And i recall Misty used to blush, be jealous or try to hide her reactions when others accused her of showing interestr or flirting over Ash like Melody from movie.

But true, so far none of girls started with such heavy amount of blushing and obsessive interest showed in Ash right from the start like its case with Serena. Most so far in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post

I lol'd so freaken hard.

XD

In anycase, I'm gonna have to watch this episode later. It sounds cute.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Well at least we know Rhyhorn racing won't be her goal. It was rather dull in this episode, thankfully it won't continue.

I'm starting to think Serena won't have any season long goal.

Serena seems like a sweet girl I'm starting to like her a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Dude you know that Ash never rode a Rydon before
    yes i know he never rode a rydon he tried to ride ryhorn
    dude u know ash rode a disobedient ponyta and also rode a spoink

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

I'm thinking they focused too much in shipping and not enough on the race.

The episode was nice. Serena had some character development, which was nice. Her goal isn't confirmed yet as she wants to do something other that Rhyhorn racing (apparently find her own goal) or that's what I heard. I still hope for her to go to the same route as Ash. Since we haven't had a MC doing gym battles yet.
    “The chosen one? I feel more like the frozen one.” — Ash
    AmourShipping = So much win
    PokeShipping still has a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Nobody cared about a Rhyhorn race. It was to see little Serena in the arms of her savior.

The rest of the episode was Ok and I liked Bonnie a lot in this one.

The episode was very good even though it felt too short for me. I was never a fan of Rhyhorn Racing so I didn't mind that it wasn't a major focus. I loved the flashback of little Satoshi and Serena and I thought it was adorable! I could talk more about this, but I'll save it for the shipping thread Also I think Serena likes battling with her Fokko which is nice.
    Wow, but Eureka was fangirling over Serena a lot in this episode which was very cute. And her pajamas were unexpected and made me laugh out loud. Overall, a great episode and one of my favourites in this series so far.

I wonder what the conversation was between Serena and Grace in the end where she thanked her mother about something? Hmm...

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

I agree, the Ryhorn races wasn't the main plot for this episode, it doesn't seem really interesting IMO, even a little boring, there's no diference between this races and any other "horse racing" in real life
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2dj9k4l.jpg[/IMG]

I'm thinking they might treat Serena as Shauna from the games, who's goal is to simply have a fun journey with friends. Shauna also shows some hints of a crush at least if you're playing as the male.

Anyway, awesome episode. I'm loving the interactions and the animations are still great. This animator in particular did some great facial expressions here.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when Ash held Serena in a romantic looking way in the flashback (not his intention of course), we've never seen anything like that from him. He never even hugs his girl companions good bye lmao.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 21st November 2013 at 7:23 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Which is by the way the first time they ever did it without people exaggerating every single blushing moment from each girl in the anime.

The hints of romance are at their highest here more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I'm thinking they might treat Serena as Shauna from the games, who's goal is to simply have a fun journey with friends. .
    I desagree here, this episode clearly showed how Serena wants to have a goal, but she can't decide which one will be...yet
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2dj9k4l.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by XxlapsxX View Post
    I desagree here, this episode clearly showed how Serena wants to have a goal, but she can't decide which one will be...yet
    And Serena is clearly not overly enthusiastic.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast