Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 174 of 174

Thread: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (810)

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    for those who were saying that serena's face was not seen on the title screen maybe the dubbers didn't matter about the title screen itself, all that matters to them maybe are the dialogue for that particular episode.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    I highly doubt Ash's face being on the title card instead of Serena's was a dub change. It was most likely what TPCI were given to work on.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    @raigeki33 @Raptor_Crow I would love to know where you two got that information, because that makes no freaking sense whatsoever and you both probably pulled that out of your asses.

    If we take a nice trip down memory lane, we would see that numerous seasons like in Johto, Sinnoh, and especially Hoenn, had event changing title cards. For all three, they had title cards that reflected the badges Ash had earned and the ribbons May/Dawn earned. Hoenn also had a title card that showed their exact location in the Hoenn region for a while. Not once, not one single time did 4Kids or TPCi change or alter any of these title cards that reflected these badge/ribbon reminders (Except for the obvious translation of words).

    So where the ever living hell did you two suddenly come up with this idea that TPCi simply did not receive these ever changing title cards? They obviously did when they were dubbing DP, so it's not like they've never been introduced to them before. It's glaringly obvious that this was a decision made by TPCi and not a matter of what they had to work with. They CHOSE to replace the title card, God knows why, but they did.

    So don't excuse them when you don't have a bloody clue what you're claiming.

    THANK YOU

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kosthedin View Post
    @raigeki33 @Raptor_Crow I would love to know where you two got that information, because that makes no freaking sense whatsoever and you both probably pulled that out of your asses.

    If we take a nice trip down memory lane, we would see that numerous seasons like in Johto, Sinnoh, and especially Hoenn, had event changing title cards. For all three, they had title cards that reflected the badges Ash had earned and the ribbons May/Dawn earned. Hoenn also had a title card that showed their exact location in the Hoenn region for a while. Not once, not one single time did 4Kids or TPCi change or alter any of these title cards that reflected these badge/ribbon reminders (Except for the obvious translation of words).

    So where the ever living hell did you two suddenly come up with this idea that TPCi simply did not receive these ever changing title cards? They obviously did when they were dubbing DP, so it's not like they've never been introduced to them before. It's glaringly obvious that this was a decision made by TPCi and not a matter of what they had to work with. They CHOSE to replace the title card, God knows why, but they did.

    So don't excuse them when you don't have a bloody clue what you're claiming.

    THANK YOU
    did u really try to watch the episode, it was clearly ash in the title screen (very clear as i can say - unless you're mistaking ash as serena)

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    I highly doubt Ash's face being on the title card instead of Serena's was a dub change. It was most likely what TPCI were given to work on.
    Well, I guess we won't find out until the Clemont episode
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    How do you know they didn't, kosthedin? And you shouldn't attack other people if you think they're wrong when that person wasn't even being rude.

    I'm being a bit snarky there now because of your attitude, but in my previous post I was saying why I thought what it was in a nice and normal way.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 4th March 2014 at 6:25 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    did u really try to watch the episode, it was clearly ash in the title screen (very clear as i can say - unless you're mistaking ash as serena)
    And obviously you can't read to save your life. I know Ash was in the title card, but what I'm saying is that it was a edit TPCi chose to make and it wasn't simply a matter of them not having the title card with Serena in it. The producers in Japan send TPCi all their source material, so they have everything to work with. So stop saying otherwise because it's obviously clear you don't know how TPCi produces the episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    How do you know they didn't, kosthedin? And you shouldn't attack other people if you think they're wrong when that person wasn't even being rude.
    The problem with this post is that you both ARE wrong. The producers in Japan send TPCi all their source material, so they have everything to work with. And I hate seeing people pull stupid facts like the ones you said out of your asses and fooling readers who don't know any better.

    Next time, both of you do your research.
    Last edited by kosthedin; 4th March 2014 at 9:37 PM.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    I repeat; you can disagree without the rudeness. TPCI would not use the Ash title card for no reason, there's only two reasons as to why they did:

    1. The episode was created with the Ash title card first but later got changed into the Serena one, before the latter happened TPCI were already given the episode with the former card. Or 2. when TPCI were given the episode to work on the title card was missing, similar to how the "To be continued..." text was missing from one episode (perhaps due to an error) so TPCI had to use the Ash one from a different episode with the text changed to the title for this episode. Also I already know Japan sends TPCI all of their source, I have known about that fact for a very long time.

    Anyway.... Clemont pushing himself to run, jump and smash the remote was the best part of this episode, I don't care about Serena's Ash feelings.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    1. The episode was created with the Ash title card first but later got changed into the Serena one, before the latter happened TPCI were already given the episode with the former card.
    Once again, stop making **** up. There is no reason to even assume it had Ash on the title card to begin with and then got changed to Serena. It aired in Japan with Serena on it, meaning TPCi got the exact same thing. So unless you can prove this happened, don't make assumptions based on what I consider irrelevant BS.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kosthedin View Post
    Once again, stop making **** up. There is no reason to even assume it had Ash on the title card to begin with and then got changed to Serena. It aired in Japan with Serena on it, meaning TPCi got the exact same thing. So unless you can prove this happened, don't make assumptions based on what I consider irrelevant BS.
    Dude. Calm down its a title card FFS. Its not that big a deal.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Dude. Calm down its a title card FFS. Its not that big a deal.
    I would if there weren't people making up freaking BS for no reason. People are going to read what they say and take it as the truth. I'm making sure they don't.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Only two people have said this, not everybody and it wasn't even directed at you (only the replies were) so there is no need to get worked up.

    The truth is this; right now nobody is right or wrong about the title card until it gets confirmed. I never said it was true, I was simply guessing.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Only two people have said this, not everybody and it wasn't even directed at you (only the replies were) so there is no need to get worked up.

    The truth is this; right now nobody is right or wrong about the title card until it gets confirmed. I never said it was true, I was simply guessing.
    You're wrong. There is only one answer, and that's that TPCi edited the title card, even though they had access to the original.

    You don't "guess" the BS you two have been saying when 4Kids/TPCi made other visual edits, so why the hell are you guessing it now? YOU HAVE NO PROOF. We both know I'm right, so stop trying to feed your lies to others if you can't back it up.

    TPCi edited the title card themselves, end of story.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    How can anyone actually sit on one and not have the spikes poke them up the butt? XD

    If you're strong you'll survive and you'll keep your dream alive!

  15. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto View Post
    How can anyone actually sit on one and not have the spikes poke them up the butt? XD
    Because the spikes don't get in the way, as shown in the episode.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    oh ok i admit my loss, not going to argue about the title card

    anyway from what i like from the dub:

    first its this one (i'm not sure if i interpret it correctly)
    serena : well its because i wanted to see you again but ash you don''t remember me

    gives the pouty face to him ( this is something i will never forget from the both of them - (small cute moments)

    and the other one
    clemont smashing the rock : for the future of science ( very far form the japanese xd)

    overall the episode was good prior to the bgm used.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    I was not happy that TPCI changed the Laverre City music and the Snowbelle City music. Oh and I love Bonnie's cute Tyrantrum onesie pyjama.

    Also those Rhyhorn really did come off as cute like Bonnie said, this is the second time I viewed a Rhyhorn being as such (the first being Grace's).

    Quote Originally Posted by kosthedin View Post
    Lots of unnecessary anger
    I am not going to bother any longer, but I just want you to understand this- There was no need to get all worked up simply because two people said something you didn't agree on, especially when it was in a tolerable way. If we continued to argue I can understand you getting angry, but you did it at the start. Once again; you can disagree without attacking people. Plus they're just title cards, they don't even effect the episodes - So who cares?
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 5th March 2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post

    I am not going to bother any longer, but I just want you to understand this- There was no need to get all worked up simply because two people said something you didn't agree on, especially when it was in a tolerable way. If we continued to argue I can understand you getting angry, but you did it at the start. Once again; you can disagree without attacking people. Plus they're just title cards, they don't even effect the episodes - So who cares?
    actually i don't care if the title card got changed or not, as long the episode is nice to watch

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    actually i don't care if the title card got changed or not, as long the episode is nice to watch
    I know, I wasn't including you in it (only one person). Right now nobody is right or wrong about the deal with the title cards.

    The only ones who can confirm it are either the Japanese writers or TPCI. That's the fact and everybody here should know it.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to get another Rhyhorn episode. I didn't like how Ash scanned Rhyhorn when he's seen a ton of those though.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to get another Rhyhorn episode. I didn't like how Ash scanned Rhyhorn when he's seen a ton of those though.
    well it can't be helped, what also i find odd was ash scanning rhyhorn - didn't he encounter a pokemon like that before, what was the use of scanning it again , for checking?

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    well it can't be helped, what also i find odd was ash scanning rhyhorn - didn't he encounter a pokemon like that before, what was the use of scanning it again , for checking?
    Why would it matter if he saw it once before? It is not the same pokedex. I would not be shocked if the reason he uses the dex is to get like a checkmark after his journey in the region so he can be like "Oh hey mom I saw this Pokemon while in X region." While Serena can use her dex now unlike BW where only Ash it does make sense for Ash to do it since she has been around that Pokemon species all her life.

    Really I never minded the dex part since it changes in games so even if it is a pokemon I know I am fine with it but that is me. I'm much more agasint them explaining attacks that we have seen many times in the same series.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    I think Citron is somehow reckless in this episode. He should have think a method to open the cage rather than smash the control. The cage opens because he is fortunate in my opinion.

    Nice thing to see that Satoshi finally remembers Serena when they were in Kanto. This episode is average because she teaches Satoshi about Sihorn racing quite awkwardly.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    this ep oh man the flashback plus this scene

    what everyone heard clemont say: for the future of science!

    what i heard him say: for the future of ash and serenas ship name!

    made it a good episode, altough the laverre city theme was gone, but i guess we'll get it when they go there
    you helped me become a hero slade, thank you. - oliver to slade (arrow season 2 finale)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •