Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (810)

Quote Originally Posted by tekar hussy View Post
    but still, don't you think he develops a little too fast? He got there ahead of serena and bonnie! I still haven't got a hold on what his role is actually going to be.
    Clemont probably took a shortcut through the bushes. Bonnie might not have been able to navigate it, so she and Serena might have decided to take the long route.
    Last edited by Analon; 25th November 2013 at 2:03 PM.

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by tekar hussy View Post
    but still, don't you think he develops a little too fast? He got there ahead of serena and bonnie! I still haven't got a hold on what his role is actually going to be.
    Maybe there's an athletic side of him who only comes out when it's really needed! :O

This episode was great, I loved it, especially the flashbacks! I'm loving the group chemistry so far and Ash's and Serena's interactions are really interesting so far.
    I give this episode a 9.5 out of 10 only because Team Rocket interfered with the Rhyhorn race and were annoying and added nothing to the episode's plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I give this episode a 9.5 out of 10 only because Team Rocket interfered with the Rhyhorn race and were annoying and added nothing to the episode's plot.
    While I thought TR's inclusion was superfluous, I also thought that the execution of their scheme (using Inkay to spray ink all over the cameras, attacking the riders and tying them up with nets, the technology that they used) seemed pretty cool. They do look like they're trying to use their BW tactics for their otherwise useless schemes.

clemont looks wierd in his jumpsuit and with those glasses on. I wonder if he is going to behave like the nerd of the group?

team rocket are blasting off again. I really missed it in the unova where they mostly rocketed off!

did you guys notice how ash was smiling when he asked serena to join the group and that they can help each other out? I really think something can develop between the two and hope that ash finally grows up rather than be the same 10 year old kid.
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th November 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Wow ash actually remembers Serena! I thought at this point he wouldn't remember her but he actually did! Amazing!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Wow ash actually remembers Serena! I thought at this point he wouldn't remember her but he actually did! Amazing!
    If the show keeps this up, I think it's finally time to say bye-bye to Ash's oblivious side!

This is now the most watched episode in XY so far with a 5.8 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Serena is either quite popular or the shipping is a clever marketing trick meant to attract more viewers. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Serena is either quite popular or the shipping is a clever marketing trick meant to attract more viewers. :P
    Or it was just a coincidence since some meaningless fillers sometimes get better ratings out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 27th November 2013 at 8:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

So much for XY's ratings going down the drain. Looks like things are starting to turn up!

Or, there was just some big coincidence happening simultaneously and people had to watch the episode. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Here's for more shipping. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    So much for XY's ratings going down the drain. Looks like things are starting to turn up!

Or, there was just some big coincidence happening simultaneously and people had to watch the episode. :P
    It's interesting to look that the previous episode (Viola's gym rematch) got a 5.3 so it's steady gaining steam.

Having huge rating doesn't mean quality tho, look at Jersey Shore, one of the most watched reality show of all time and that can't be called quality.

So I'm happy XY is building good audience altough that doesn't mean much. As long as the series continues to be great everything will be fine I think.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 27th November 2013 at 9:03 PM.

It's interesting to look that the previous episode (Viola's gym rematch) got a 5.3 so it's steady gaining steam.

Having huge rating doesn't mean quality tho, look at Jersey Shore, one of the most watched reality show of all time and that can't be called quality.

So I'm happy XY is building good audience altough that doesn't mean much. As long as the series continues to be great everything will be fine I think.
    I agree. Maybe people are watching because something else is happening simultaneously or they're just interested in a certain aspect of the episode's plot that's not all that important. But it's great to see XY's starting to look up.

xy has really brought a breath of fresh air to the pokemon anime. I am really looking forward to seeing some mega evolutions having already seen mega blaziken. It is totally different from that dumb black n white series and may proceed to be the best pokemon installment ever!!

And I still don't give a crap about the shipping, we all know Serena will get the boot at the end of the season, I'm her for development as an individual character, not for her being Ash's fangirl.

This episode was AWFULLY animated, it didn't deserved it because it was good ... just good:
    - Getting to know Serena apart of the stupid shipping is always nice, she is a very nice girl and kinda spoiled, I like that combination, so much better than Dawn, baking cookies for everybody was a very cute gesture, a girl that can move in the kitchen is a first.
    - Clemont and Serena starts to interact with each other, at least Clemont starts to talk to her and asking her questions about herself, they are already interacting way better than DP-disaster companions, those two only talked about Ash (-_-), when Serena starts to asks Clemont stuffs about him, it will be mission accomplished
    - The group dynamic with Clemont leading the girls when cameras went black was excellent, the DP fiasco would had Dawn going all by herself and Brock sitting in th background

This series companions are delightful, I hope they keep the good job because if this is all about Ash ... meh

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    And I still don't give a crap about the shipping, we all know Serena will get the boot at the end of the season, I'm her for development as an individual character, not for her being Ash's fangirl.

This episode was AWFULLY animated, it didn't deserved it because it was good ... just good:
    - Getting to know Serena apart of the stupid shipping is always nice, she is a very nice girl and kinda spoiled, I like that combination, so much better than Dawn, baking cookies for everybody was a very cute gesture, a girl that can move in the kitchen is a first.
    - Clemont and Serena starts to interact with each other, at least Clemont starts to talk to her and asking her questions about herself, they are already interacting way better than DP-disaster companions, those two only talked about Ash (-_-), when Serena starts to asks Clemont stuffs about him, it will be mission accomplished
    - The group dynamic with Clemont leading the girls when cameras went black was excellent, the DP fiasco would had Dawn going all by herself and Brock sitting in th background

This series companions are delightful, I hope they keep the good job because if this is all about Ash ... meh
    i think the shipping was only made its because people were so engrossed about every move of ash and serena but overall i can say the show is well done given that is a serena focus episode, the writers did a plausible job for it.

nah i don't think its about ash, cause if its about him, you know its aftermath

What I found funny was Ash remembered her as the 'Straw hat girl'. Then again, I don't know if she told him her name at that time. But that was still pretty funny.

~Ayrafeneres~
    FC:1048-8196-8009
    Flying
    ^I make Trainer Cards, Coordinator Cards, Team Poses, Battle Sprites, RSE style OW sets, DPPt style OW sets, Animated Cards, Banners, CDs, and Ribbons^
    Check out my deviantart account to check out my work
    ^Click to go to my custom Battle Sprites thread^
    ^Coordinator Card made by me^
    I need: Paras
    Mankey
    Cleffa
    Natu
    Unown
    Pineco
    Seedot
    Kricketot
    Tepig
    Have many HA Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrafeneres View Post
    What I found funny was Ash remembered her as the 'Straw hat girl'. Then again, I don't know if she told him her name at that time. But that was still pretty funny.

~Ayrafeneres~
    no she didn't tell her name and that might be the reason ash has forgotten her.

So Ash finally remembers Serena took him long enough lol. She is finally one of the crew and a very good Rhyhorn looks like her mom rubbed off on her more than than she thought. Another great XY episode

Wow, Paschall did a great job with serena today, you could feel the emotion. Team rocket's diologue was terrible on the other hand. Good thing they were only in for a short time.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I like Serena, I really do. (of course I would say that for just about any rookie trainer)

But I do not think that she has much of a chance with Ash beyond being a friend, simply because the Ash + Misty shippers would never ever allow it! Either way I guess it is nice to have another member officially join the group!

It was nice to see an episode focused on Serena all things considered. Hopefully they're going to go somewhere with Ryhorn races and not just have her abandon it completely. Totes agree about Team Rocket not having much time here being a good thing, and that's all that needs to be said.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    But I do not think that she has much of a chance with Ash beyond being a friend, simply because the Ash + Misty shippers would never ever allow it!
    Last I checked, PokéShippers have no say in what happens in the show. So if the writers want to put Ash and Serena together, then it's going to happen whether the PokéShippers like it or not.

Like seriously, do you actually think the writers give a Rattata's behind what the PokéShippers think? Most of the PokéShipping hints are from the 4Kids dub, not the actual JPN version.

I'm pretty sure Serena's goal was mentioned in this episode along with the last episode, which is to find a goal for her since she isn't sure of what she wants to do yet. The flashbacks were still nice, even better in the dub imo, I liked the subtle amourshipping hints in this episode also. I give it a 9/10, probably the most interesting XY episode that was dubbed so far imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kosthedin View Post
    Last I checked, PokéShippers have no say in what happens in the show. So if the writers want to put Ash and Serena together, then it's going to happen whether the PokéShippers like it or not.

Like seriously, do you actually think the writers give a Rattata's behind what the PokéShippers think? Most of the PokéShipping hints are from the 4Kids dub, not the actual JPN version.
    ikr, I knew something was off when I was older.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast