Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (810)

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    The one thing I forgot to mention in my post.

Honestly, I have high hopes for Serena being a great battler. The bada** music made everything better...
    Fennekin actually battling was an episode highlight for me because it showed that despite it being cute, it could still handle itself well in battle. Sure, it was battling Team Rocket who aren't exactly the strongest opponents, but at least it was progress. Seeing Serena help Ash in general was a good part of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    An oddly shipping heavy episode... I don't know whether to call this progress in writing or a back slide to the true intention's of this show. Oh well, nice episode
    I guess if you're gonna do it, you might as well put it out there and not dance around the issue.

Another solid episode that did its job well. It gave us a lot of characterization for Serena while still leaving enough intrigue that I'm still interested in where she's going (I'm suspecting/hoping the professor is going to ask her to learn about Mega Evolution). It also really showed off the group dynamic and I already feel like these characters are going to make the fillers immensely more enjoyable. I do hope they turn down the hyperactiveness just a bit though.

The series is coming along nicely. I think all the show really needs now is some sort of overarching antagonist, be it a rival or Team Flare, and this may end up rivaling some of the better seasons.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

This was an alright episode I guess but it doesn't feel like I'm watching Pokémon LOL
    Shippers absolutely went crazy when this aired!
    One thing I'm a bit "iffy" with is that why was Serena was at the camp in the first place? How did her mom send her from Kalos all the way to Kanto?!?
    There was just a forest flashback scene out of nowhere...what was the Oak's summer camp about anyway?
    I really hope they elaborate Oak's summer camp more in future episodes so we can get some answers...

*Off-topic comment*
    As for Ash's back-story past, it would have been better if the writers added some development on why he wanted to become a trainer.
    Last edited by PokemonJesus123; 22nd November 2013 at 11:32 AM.
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Okay, one thing I think is definite. The anime seems to have a new bunch of guys to set up the plot. Actually I think they're pretty good. I've enjoyed every single battle so far. About this episode... erm, well... Never thought I'd see the day when Ash semi-hugs a girl. The anime's taking a head-first dive into romance, that's for sure. I hope it doesn't become too syrupy. A bit of cute interaction is nice, but too much and the plot will become a bit shallow... Atleast that's my opinion.

If you don't mind, playerking, I'm gonna use your walkthrough for specific comments.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The episode starts with a recap of the previous episode.

Serena opens up the town map and tells them where she previously traveled, or where they should travel next.

They then all run off to the next destination.

Serena then shows Ash a cloth and Ash is confused.

Serena then explains the meaning behind the cloth and the flashback starts.

Serena as a kid is a forest and is scared. A Poliwag passes her.

Ash then comes across Serena and brings out the cloth, before tying it around her saw knee.

Ash then lends his hand out, to help her up and they then walk of together, with Ash still holding her hand.
    At this point, I came to the conclusion that the writers have seriously changed tactics. Romance is officially 'introduced'. Although I have to say, the flashback scene was kind of cliché. Then again, almost all kinds of romance are clichés since it is a theme in many works.

Ash now remembers Serena from when he was kid.
    Well, she basically told her everything, didn't she? At least it seemed so to me...

Suddenly, a group of Rhyhorn are running towards them, so they moves out of the way.

Ash uses his Pokedex on Rhyhorn
    Seriously? Rhydon? Ah well... I guess the dex could know something he doesn't.

, before Officer Jenny comes on her motorcycle and tells gives them a warning about the Rhyhorn.
    Thank you, officer obvious! lol, jk.

Officer Jenny and the others then make there way to the town where the race is held.

Team Rocket are spying on the group at the Rhyhorn ranch from a distance.
    Huh? No fantasies on what they're gonna get once they give them to the boss? Huh.

Dare Da? Fennekin.

Serena comes out of a building in her Rhyhorn racing outfit and Bonnie thinks it is cute.

Ash comes out in his and he admires it.

Ash tries practices getting on a Rhyhorn, but he keeps falling off.
    Is it sad that I knew that was going to happen? I think we all saw that one coming...

Serena then gets on the Rhyhorn, to help show Ash how it should be done.

Serena gets on, but soon gets thrown off and gets surrounded by all the Rhyhorn at the ranch and they are licking her.

Bonnie then pats one of the Rhyhorn.

Serena has some flashbacks to when her mother trained her.

Ash keeps practicing all day until sunset and now his Rhyhorn is having some water.

They are all seen in their rooms at night time.

It's now morning time and the Rhyhorn race starts.

Team Rocket are in the bushes, planning to make a trap for Ash.

James tells Inkay to spray the screen that focuses on Ash.
    And no one else aside from a bunch of kids thinks its worth investigating. After everything is cleared, finally, finally Jenny arrives on her motorbike. Wow, Ash's friends beat her by a long shot while running!

Team Rocket capture Ash in a net and Rhyhorn and Pikachu are trapped in a forcefield box, before being put into a cage.
    Or rather the force field magically transforms into a cage. Huh. Mass energy equivalence?

The other Rhyhorn are also in cages.
    How come Ash didn't see them when he was looking around before he fell into the trap? They were nearby...

Meowth gets attack by a Mud Shot.
    Which in all honesty seems to have done nothing more than make his face all muddy, but I digress. Meowth is in agony.

Fennekin then asks Serena to use her/him to battle Team Rocket and Fennekin uses Ember on Team Rocket.
    I just LOVE that Pokémon. SO goddamn qte! That goes double for Bonnie, Dedenne, etc etc.

It is now sunset again and Team Rocket are taken care off. Ash and co. calls Serena's mom Grace to tell her about what happened.

Serena then gives Ash some food and Ash gets some of it caught in his throat for a bit.

To be continued.
    And that's a wrap!

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

This episode wasn't really all that bad.

Except the focus on the human characters, which I guess given how the story went isn't all bad, but it would've been nice to see Froakie, and Fletchling for the sake of seeing them.

But I guess this was Serena and Fennekin's time. However it was pretty short outside of baking cookies and battling team rocket, it also shows how horribly underutilized Serena is in terms of Pokemon, I know its early and Fennekin hasn't done that much but Serena needs another Pokemon, I don't think I'd really like it if it was just Serena and Fennekin, I like their interaction, but I can already feel it starting to wear thin, I guess primarily because of Fennekin's calm reserved personality.

It feels as if Chespin and Froakie have more of a personality (and Chespin hasn't shown up yet), I guess I just don't like Fennekin's personality all that much, I guess its fine just too quiet and reserved.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Agh god damnit. This shipping stuff is going insane. It's so hard NOT to talk about. sdkjlfsjdlfsljd...

Serena's getting cuter and cuter.

So many things to talk about though. God dang.
    And I really don't mind team rocket being the catalyist for things to happen, though that's probably just personal preference.

I wish I could really understand the dialouge though.
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 22nd November 2013 at 8:05 PM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Agh god damnit. This shipping stuff is going insane. It's so hard NOT to talk about. sdkjlfsjdlfsljd...

Serena's getting cuter and cuter.

So many things to talk about though. God dang.
    And I really don't mind team rocket being the catalyist for things to happen, though that's probably just personal preference.

I wish I could really understand the dialouge though.
    HA! You're not the only one, dude! I died for a few minutes fan-girling over the overload of shipping hints I just received!

Why not watch the subbed episodes? I know some are infamously mistranslated, but I think it'll still help give a jist of what's going on in the episode. It did for me.

So quick question, in the animation before the episode title, Serena's face was to the side instead of Ash's. Has this happened in any of the other episodes or is it new? Threw me for a loop when I watched it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So quick question, in the animation before the episode title, Serena's face was to the side instead of Ash's. Has this happened in any of the other episodes or is it new? Threw me for a loop when I watched it.
    No, it's new. I think that the animation before the episode title shows who the episode is focused on. It only makes sense why all the previous ones were about Ash and now this one has Serena.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

I just watched the new episode.

And the way everyone talked about it made it seem like it was all about shipping when it was really not. Honestly, the first half went with revealing how they met, had Ash remember Serena instead of dragging it out throughout the saga and introduced everyone to Rhyhorn racing.

The question of Serena’s goal was also asked. They were all pretty impressed by her knowledge and even Serena got her character development when she realized that she might have misunderstood Rhyhorn racing. Ash asked her whether she aims to become a Rhyhorn racer, since she seems to know so much about it and Serena said that she doesn’t hate it, but that she wants to do something she really likes. So the episode outright states that Serena is on the lookout for a goal. That’s right and she’s most likely getting one.

Why everyone complained and said Serena was Ash’s waifu for baking HIM cookies makes no sense to me because at the end of the day Serena made cookies for EVERYONE not just Ash. And it was really enjoyable to observe her relationship with the Rhyhorn. Overall, this was a strong Serena episode.

Her admiration and its origin for Ash are revealed, but other than that, it’s all about Serena’s future and what she wants to do. Serena herself says in the previous episode how she started out her journey without thinking about her future. It’s an important issue that’s already being tackled by the writers and I, for one, appreciate it. She has her first battle, shows off her knowledge of the races, comes to realize she was wrong about the racing, pretty much the whole package.

Honestly, this was a really good episode.
    Last edited by Sushi; 23rd November 2013 at 1:06 PM.

the episode overal good i give 8/10
    the minus this episode was serena and clemont interaction ( when clemont ask what her goal , she just ignore him and go to ash and tell ash is ash remember her )
    hope there more interaction in next episode maybe on clemont focus episode
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    the minus this episode was serena and clemont interaction ( when clemont ask what her goal , she just ignore him and go to ash and tell ash is ash remember her )
    Serena did not ignore Clemont at any point on the episode.
    Last edited by Janovy; 23rd November 2013 at 1:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    Well, the moment Clemont asked her about her goal, Serena went over to Ash and showed the handkerchief. At least it shows that Clemont reminded her to do something.

In other moments of the episode, she also spoke to Clemont, although Bonnie was also being addressed at the same time, so it's a bit of a generalization. But still, proof that she knows he exists in some degree.

Well, I was right about Clemont being wary of Ash asking about the Lumiose Gym and on how he quickly tried to change the subjec. I can't wait for the inevitable reveal.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    No, it's new. I think that the animation before the episode title shows who the episode is focused on. It only makes sense why all the previous ones were about Ash and now this one has Serena.
    I'm hoping that they do stuff like this for Clemont and Bonnie too

By the way, I know that everyone loved Bonnie's Tyrantrum pajamas, but did anyone else notice how Clemont had a freakin' night cap with his pjs? That has to be one of the coolest classic things I've ever seen
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post

By the way, I know that everyone loved Bonnie's Tyrantrum pajamas, but did anyone else notice how Clemont had a freakin' night cap with his pjs? That has to be one of the coolest classic things I've ever seen
    I noticed it, it was cool. Clemont breaking Team Rocket's gizmo with a stone was cool too, that's the best Clemont moment of this episode.

SMASH dat darn machine with a ROCK!
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 4th December 2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Another great XY episode, nice to put focus on Serena and Ash relationship/friendship. I found the Rhyhorn race bits to be interesting 9/10 well the Ponyta episode back in Kanto is one of my favorite.

Is it me or this group has the best chemistry since Ash/Misty/Brock? It's so amazing, they complement each other and it feels like they're a family, so cool.

I think someone said that it's because there's no "mentor" this time around like Cilan or Brock so the friendship between them feels less forced and more natural, I agree, tho AshxBrock were like the bff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post

I never noticed that! I guess I was more preoccupied with Clemont breaking TR's device like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Is it me or this group has the best chemistry since Ash/Misty/Brock? It's so amazing, they complement each other and it feels like they're a family, so cool. :
    Don't you mean since the Hoenn group?

And yeah I do love the touch of family moments in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Don't you mean since the Hoenn group?

And yeah I do love the touch of family moments in this season.
    I think he really was talking about the OS group.

But yes, I agree with you on this. They feel so closely knit, which I love!

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I just watched the new episode.

And the way everyone talked about it made it seem like it was all about shipping when it was really not. Honestly, the first half went with revealing how they met, had Ash remember Serena instead of dragging it out throughout the saga and introduced everyone to Rhyhorn racing.

The question of Serena’s goal was also asked. They were all pretty impressed by her knowledge and even Serena got her character development when she realized that she might have misunderstood Rhyhorn racing. Ash asked her whether she aims to become a Rhyhorn racer, since she seems to know so much about it and Serena said that she doesn’t hate it, but that she wants to do something she really likes. So the episode outright states that Serena is on the lookout for a goal. That’s right and she’s most likely getting one.

Why everyone complained and said Serena was Ash’s waifu for baking HIM cookies makes no sense to me because at the end of the day Serena made cookies for EVERYONE not just Ash. And it was really enjoyable to observe her relationship with the Rhyhorn. Overall, this was a strong Serena episode.

Her admiration and its origin for Ash are revealed, but other than that, it’s all about Serena’s future and what she wants to do. Serena herself says in the previous episode how she started out her journey without thinking about her future. It’s an important issue that’s already being tackled by the writers and I, for one, appreciate it. She has her first battle, shows off her knowledge of the races, comes to realize she was wrong about the racing, pretty much the whole package.

Honestly, this was a really good episode.
    Thank you! People made it sound like the whole entire episode was nothing but blushes and flirting. Yes, at the beginning, that was basically Shipper-focused. But that was it, and it was like 5 minutes.

I think people are confusing a "Serena-focused" episode with "Shipper-focused". Just because Serena was the main point of this episode, doesn't mean that the whole thing was about her and Ash's possible romance. The majority of the episode was about Serena being introduced into the group, thinking about what her goals are going to be, and realizing that Rhyhorn Racing wasn't as bad as she thought and that she had learned and taken to heart a lot of what her mother had taught her.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, even though there wasn't any real Pokemon battling going on, and with the new and improved animation, that's one the the things I'm looking forward to the most. But we're only 7 episodes in out of however many episodes there usually are in a season (what, like 100? :P). So I'm gonna wait and see how these characters develop before passing judgement, because we have plenty more episodes to go before we actually learn anything about them.
    Last edited by MartiniTheDratini; 25th November 2013 at 2:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartiniTheDratini View Post
    Thank you! People made it sound like the whole entire episode was nothing but blushes and flirting. Yes, at the beginning, that was basically Shipper-focused. But that was it, and it was like 5 minutes.

I think people are confusing a "Serena-focused" episode with "Shipper-focused". Just because Serena was the main point of this episode, doesn't mean that the whole thing was about her and Ash's possible romance. The majority of the episode was about Serena being introduced into the group, thinking about what her goals are going to be, and realizing that Rhyhorn Racing wasn't as bad as she thought and that she had learned and taken to heart a lot of what her mother had taught her.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, even though there wasn't any real Pokemon battling going on, and with the new and improved animation, that's one the the things I'm looking forward to the most. But we're only 7 episodes in out of however many episodes there usually are in a season (what, like 100? :P). So I'm gonna wait and see how these characters develop before passing judgement, because we have plenty more episodes to go before we actually learn anything about them.
    Agreed. Let's not overreact, people. Sure, the shippers got their barrage of major hints, but the whole of the episode doesn't deserve to be misinterpreted! I was fan-girling over the hints, but in the end, I didn't register the entire episode as an AmourShipping special.

It's always somewhere over 100, to answer your question (although you probably already know that :P).

There's some development with Clemont here. See on how Ash inspired him to be courageous as stated in episode 3 of XY, hence the reason for him tagging along with Ash, and here it is shown with him being the one to stop the cage train with Bunnelby and tiring himself out. The centerpiece of this of course is his lunging at the controller and crushing it with a rock. Can't wait for the Clemont episode.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    There's some development with Clemont here. See on how Ash inspired him to be courageous as stated in episode 3 of XY, hence the reason for him tagging along with Ash, and here it is shown with him being the one to stop the cage train with Bunnelby and tiring himself out. The centerpiece of this of course is his lunging at the controller and crushing it with a rock. Can't wait for the Clemont episode.
    Yeah, can't leave Clemont out of this! I hope for a great future for him, 'cause it's seems like he's not staying with his Gym after Ash beats him.

i think its great that finally,they will give ash a romance story. They did it with may and brock so why not ash? I just hope he doesn't scare serena away with his childish acts.

but still, don't you think he develops a little too fast? He got there ahead of serena and bonnie! I still haven't got a hold on what his role is actually going to be.
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th November 2013 at 1:44 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast