Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #005

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I don't know about this Pokemon, but reading the last POTW, I am honestly disgusted by all the claims that speed is the best stat. No, just, no. Dealing damage and taking it is more important. I'd rather be able to do serious damage with one attack and take everything that comes my way then attack first.
    Other stats do matter as well, and a pokemon can be good without having speed, but speed is still the most important stat for offensive pokemon.

When defensive pokemon fight, who does the most damage to the other is what matters, but when offensive pokemon fight...all that matters is who goes first.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Actually, what matters is who destroys the other. If the fast Pokemon hits the slower Pokemon, but the slower Pokemon survives and kills the other in one shot, would you STILL be saying that?

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Actually, what matters is who destroys the other. If the fast Pokemon hits the slower Pokemon, but the slower Pokemon survives and kills the other in one shot, would you STILL be saying that?
    You now have a slow Pokemon that can be easily killed by something else. Though it may have been fast, it is now dead-weight. Everyone has their own preferences and opinions; there is no point impressing them upon others.

This is actually one of the reasons I like Azumarill; it is bulky, powerful, and has priority.

I don't know about this Pokemon, but reading the last POTW, I am honestly disgusted by all the claims that speed is the best stat. No, just, no. Dealing damage and taking it is more important. I'd rather be able to do serious damage with one attack and take everything that comes my way then attack first.
    The reason why speed is important in Competitive Play is because it gives the Pokemon the opportunity to go first in battle.

Actually what matters is how the Evs are distributed to a Pokemon.
    Not everything is going to be focus on speed. You have a total of 508 Evs to spread around on a Pokemon with 252 Evs being maxed out for a single stat.
    So its really up to you on how you distribute your Evs, your Pokemon could be bulky, offensive, or etc.
    Whatever you want it to be. This also applies to your first post as well.

Physical
    Huge Power/Sap Sipper w/ Cell Battery/Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
    Adamant w/ 252 HP, 252 Attack, 6 Defense/Sp Defense
    Aqua Tail
    Play Rough
    Dig/Bulldoze
    Power-Up Punch/Belly Drum

Countering
    Pokémon with Electric/Poison-type moves like Eelektross, Rotom (Wash/Mow for resistance), Thunder Reuniclus, Thunderpunch Dusknoir. Wild Charge Stoutland, or Poison Jab Escavaleir.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 1st December 2013 at 8:09 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12