Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Grooming Furfrou (811)

Wait was this the episode kira buckland twetted about? I forget when she tweeted it so it may be a later episode. Anyone able to guess how long ago this was dubbed?

If you're strong you'll survive and you'll keep your dream alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto View Post
    So is Manetric the go to Pokemon for Officer Jenny?
    Growlithes forever! But Manetric is not a bad choice, still better then the Nurse Joy/ Wigglytuff/ Chansey swap.

I think it is great to see some real thought going into the battles again, job well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Growlithes forever! But Manetric is not a bad choice, still better then the Nurse Joy/ Wigglytuff/ Chansey swap.

I think it is great to see some real thought going into the battles again, job well done!
    I actually now like Mantric due to this episode. I think the last time one was seen was in Season 7. Of coruse with so many mons now it is expected some won't be seen for a long time. I was hoping it would go Mega since we have only seen one Mega so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto View Post
    I actually now like Mantric due to this episode. I think the last time one was seen was in Season 7. Of coruse with so many mons now it is expected some won't be seen for a long time. I was hoping it would go Mega since we have only seen one Mega so far.
    They aren't going to just have every pokemon that can go mega....go mega.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Ash in control of a battle is such a gloriously refreshing sight to see ;__;

Even if it was just TR.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

This episode was actually above average to me. Ash was really badass for a change in this episode without mindlessly tossing attacks.

Kira Buckland voiced Jessica? "But Jessica not stronger than man."

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

It was a filler episode, but not as bad as the Maractus episode in Best Wishes. Therefore I can't complain.
    Everything is wonderful ALL THE TIME.

deviantART: http://itsabassdammit.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    This episode was actually above average to me. Ash was really badass for a change in this episode without mindlessly tossing attacks.

Kira Buckland voiced Jessica? "But Jessica not stronger than man."
    I thought it was her but another VA confirmed it was not her and in fact herself (Kate Bristol)

So Kira's episode must be later down the road. I don't watch subbed so I don't know how far it might be. I know Mike Macfarland did an episode and told people on Twitter and that aired like a month or so after. Hopefully she voices a girl in an episode with focus and is not like how Vic did a random one shot line in that tournament in BW

Trip's voice actor voicing the groomer just didn't fit... omg.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

A really good episode considering the circumstances and even then I believe this was a good episode standing on it's own.

I enjoyed learning about Furfrou and how it doesn't allow it's trainer to handle it until it really trusts them and the 'time in need' scenario was needed to kick Jessica into gear and show Furfrou just how much she cared.

However, this would not have been possible without Ash and Pikachu and they were the part of the episode which made me smile the most. I don't get tired of times like this, where Ash and Pikachu act in such a way that no-one can stop them. It was just incredible how Ash effectively became Pikachu's eyes and they were so 'in sync' with each other a visual impairment was just a mere inconvenience. It was just wonderful in motion.

I'm still smiling. Onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Furfrou is one of my favorite Kalos Pokemon so I was excited to see them in the anime. I wish there'd been a Debutante or Dandy trim. Dogs in hats make everything better. I liked Serena's line about having something to be passionate about. We've never had a character who's goal was finding a goal.

When I watch Pokemon my mother and brother are often in the room with me reading or on their computers. Mom has always thought that poodles look stupid with fancy trims, so the debut of Jessica's Furfrou in Heart trim lead to this exchange:

Mom: [Exasperated] Why?!
    Brother: It's based on France.
    Mom: Oh. I should have known from the hats.

This was an ok episode. I didn't have much to say aside from that scene with Ash commanding Pikachu while it was temporarily blinded being kinda awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Good filler. Amazing how Ash can still battle with Pikachu with its inky face. Wobbuffet cos-playing was hilarious, even as Mona Lisa.

Well, I still have the same thoughts about the dub as I did with the original. Although...I agree with The Prince of May; Barry's English VA didn't fit well. Ughz!

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Good filler. Amazing how Ash can still battle with Pikachu with its inky face. Wobbuffet cos-playing was hilarious, even as Mona Lisa.
    my question was how piakchu still able to go against inkay with his muddy face, shocking t_t

This episode still proved that Ash still has that battling spirit. This is the Ash Ketchum I miss.

Jessica was good too, voice and design wise.

Not much to say about the episode, that hasn't been said, but I like it.

Default "Grooming Furfrou!"

Whoa, even though poor Bonnie scrapped her knees, she didn't cry and still was full of energy. That was kinda impressive and it made her more likable to me. It's so cute when Bonnie asked Jessica to marry Clemont, that sparkly background set the mood during that scene. LOL, Clemont sounded so funny when Bonnie proposed to Jessica! Wanting to get someone to look after Clemont had a sweet intention behind it, but he still doesn't come off like he really needs someone to look after him.

Jessica was a nice character of the day and seeing Furfrou being groomed like they are in the game was nice. Serena was clearly interested in grooming, but Ash was too confused with all the talk about the berries they use. I appreciate that they’ve given Ash back some of his comedic traits. Team Socket Rocket, as usual, trying to steal Pokémon. Wobbuffet's disguises were funny though, especially the Mona Lisa disguise.

Ash's battle aganist Team Rocket was the best part of this episode. When Inkay sprayed mud at Pikachu, I thought he was done. But they didn't give up and still put up an awesome battle with Team Rocket. Despite with ink covering Pikachu's eyes, Ash having the confidence to battle with him was simply spectacular. It showed their connection, Ash's skills as a trainer and the battle animation was well-paced to make the whole battle sequence pretty engaging. THIS is how Ash should be! Even Jessica admited that Ash and Pikachu were awesome. Speaking of Jessica, I liked her. She was really cute, and hot too. Not to mention, she has a nice personality. It's cool how Ash's bond with Pikachu inspired Jessica to trust her Furfrou more than before, and it certainly worked. It was awesome when she destroyed Furfrou's cage with a stick, that sure showed her character development. Jessica gaining her Furfrou's trust and finally being able to groom was nice. Serena seemed to admire that Jessica could be that devoted to her goal, so hopefully that can lead to her exploring more during this journey to find her own goal.

Overall, this is a great episode. Episodes like this are the reason why I enjoy the XY series more than OS/BW. dub-wise, I think it was pretty good. I'm happy that they kect Jessica's name same in the English version. Her voice actor was nice, and she did a good job portraying the character. The script was close to original, which is great. The bgm, I'm kinda disappointed that TPCI replaced the Lumiose City OST with their not-so-good dub music.... but at the same time, I'm glad they kept the awesome battle music during the battle between Ash and Team Rocket.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 26th March 2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I liked this episode. I loved the part where Ash told Pikachu what to do after Pikachu got ink over his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I liked this episode. I loved the part where Ash told Pikachu what to do after Pikachu got ink over his face.
    surprisingly pikachu ws still able to fight despite of the ink on its face.

I didn't care enough to watch this episode when it aired in Japan but I actually enjoyed it a lot. Team Rocket's fashion show was pretty funny and I laughed when Ash got overwhelmed with all of the grooming procedures. Pikachu's fight against Team Rocket was also a great showcase of the Ash-Pikachu team without making Team Rocket look incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    I agree with you here. One minor flaw about this episode is that the crew did not even notice something strange when Kojiro shuts Musashi's mouth when she wants Pikachu rather than Fokko.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456