Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grooming Furfrou (811)

Guys, I know we might have caused some confusion about it with our recent public warning against certain translators, but we'd still like you to avoid mentioning where/how you can watch the episodes and pointing towards specific subgroups, etc. The same goes for asking about the aforementioned.

We felt the warning was necessary because the false translations continuously led to misunderstandings within discussions, with people basing their commentary on false info and causing huge chain reactions of misconceptions. But as long as it can be avoided (which it can 99% of the time), the words sub, raw, *insert streaming websites - including YT* and co. should stay out of the forum. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Guys, I know we might have caused some confusion about it with our recent public warning against certain translators, but we'd still like you to avoid mentioning where/how you can watch the episodes and pointing towards specific subgroups, etc. The same goes for asking for the aforementioned methods.

We felt the warning was necessary because the false translations continuously led to misunderstandings within discussions, with people basing their commentary on false info and causing huge chain reactions of misconceptions. But as long as it can be avoided (which it can 99% of the time), the words sub, raw, *insert streaming websites - including YT* and co. should stay out of the forum. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    My bad
    1st day and I've already helped lead to a warning

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Darn those stupid mis-translations! Why must they ruin everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Darn those stupid mis-translations! Why must they ruin everything?
    Don't worry, the "bad" translator is slowly being lobotomized off the face of the Internet as we speak.

Speaking of "bad," this episode was badass, and Team Rocket was really dangerous, not BW-forced dangerous but dangerous enough, specifically the part where Manetric became confused and actually hit Jenny with its lightning attacks. Moreover, Jessie actually using the commotion to capture Furfrou, though almost predictably they did not think things through.

Also, it seems Serena's goal really does seem to trying to find what she's good at, hope for more developments. Finally, DAT FORESHADOWING at the end with Clemont and Eureka wincing at the mention of Lumiose City.

Wow, I can't believe we have that awesome Ash back again, I stopped watching pokemon when Ash lost to Cameron but seeing how much better Ash got in this series is just amazing.
    I was literally enjoying myself throughout the episode. The character interactions the CoTD is really creative as well.
    I hope this amazing quality continues though because it is just TOO GOOD. Brings back DP memories. (which this series need a epic rival)

THAT ASH STRATEGY and telling Clement "I got this!" was just too freakin' good.
    I love the new anime (XY)... great things will be upon us for this gen.
    **first time putting this in a signature buuuut,
    Proud~ Shipper OF Amourshipping. (SatoSere)~

This filler bored me to be honest, which was predictable given that the previews for it did nothing to raise my interest. Anyway, the Furfrou and the character of the day had no personality so I couldn't get into the whole dilemma about Furfrou refusing to be groomed or whatever. I did like Team Rocket's moments though; I loved Jessie's jewel-rimmed glasses and Wobbuffet as the Mona Lisa was perfect. However, it irked me that Bonnie's Dedenne was practically useless when it came time to battle Team Rocket at the end since it was asleep; I guess it really is only meant to be cute and not do anything else. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by wiitard119 View Post
    Wow, I can't believe we have that awesome Ash back again, I stopped watching pokemon when Ash lost to Cameron but seeing how much better Ash got in this series is just amazing.
    I was literally enjoying myself throughout the episode. The character interactions the CoTD is really creative as well.
    I hope this amazing quality continues though because it is just TOO GOOD. Brings back DP memories. (which this series need a epic rival)

THAT ASH STRATEGY and telling Clement "I got this!" was just too freakin' good.

Exactly! All these years of people basically giving up on Ash because he really started to suck at battling, and now some people can't appreciate it when Ash actually starts using some strategy. I know this was a filler episode, but it was a damn good one. Nothing to put in the Hall of Fame or anything like that, but still great. Bonnie was adorable as usual and showed that she really wanted to help out. I'm still surprised by how much I really like Bonnie, I had expected her to be the typical annoying little kid companion. I'm liking Clemont and Bunnelby more and more (unlike that other companion of Ash's *cough* Cilan *cough*). And Ash actually using his brain in battle?! It's been a while since I've seen something like that happen! Seriously, in BW, a lot of these battles were just OHKO-fests, now we get to see some strategy and action!

And while I never really care for Team Rocket (I just sort of grudgingly accept the fact that they are gonna show up from time to time) I liked them this episode. Wobbuffet was funny, and Team Rocket actually put up a pretty good fight in that battle with Ash. Of course they ultimately lost, but still, they put up a good fight. And with their own Pokemon no less. Usually it's some weird contraption of theirs that gives Ash and Co. so much trouble. Anyways, good episode, and seeing the preview for episode 9, looks like that one is gonna be battle heavy. With this awesome new animation, can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I think you chose the wrong picture.

The one at the end with Serena and Ash running off, with very background people images of Clemont and Bonnie would've portrayed that more.

Not Serena and Ash looking at each other talking to Officer Jenny.
    yup i think i choose the wrong one XD
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

That battle. THIS is what I call a battle. The battle made the episode for me. I'm not into the modelling and fashion plot, but I liked the 'trust' storyline here. It has better plot than many other fillers anyway.

Back to the battle. Ash was awesome. Each and every battle involving Ash makes every other season pale in comparison. Now I'm not saying that I remember every battle in Pokémon. I don't. BUT, I haven't enjoyed battles like this. Ever. This one took the cake. How Ash and Pikachu synced together to overcome the temporary blindness. That trust. I rate the battle alone 9/10. The episode as a whole would be 7/10, just because the battle was in it. Plus Eureka. I agree with Dracoflare, she makes XY interesting.

Wish we'd see more action from Serena though. She's the only one not actively contributing to the group dynamics.

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

And thus, the filler begins.

Wobbuffet as Napoleon made my day, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    So my speculation regarding Manectric proved true, which is pretty cool..

A fairly entertaining episode, despite Furfrou actually being one of my least favourite Kalos Pokémon.
    I'd give this episode a seven.. It was entertaining, there were good interactions, and the end battle actually seemed like a battle in which Ash used a tactic, unlike previous generational TR battles.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Tbh this episode was kinda dull. The battle was good but it barely means anything since it's only Team Rocket. It was slightly irritating to see Fennekin get trapped in the bag and stay in their with no signs of a struggle. I mean couldn't it have just burned threw the bag?

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Don't worry, the "bad" translator is slowly being lobotomized off the face of the Internet as we speak.
    WHOO-HOO!

And I just saw the episode. DANG THAT BATTLE BETWEEN ASH AND TR! My faith in Ash is slowly but surely being restored! And Wobbuffet just made my day with its disguises. XD

Dat competent Ash, Dat Ash using strategy.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Watched this episode to give the first proper filler a try, and to be honest i thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Team Rocket were hilarious, the Furfrou plot didn't drag and Ash/TR/Clemont all battled amazingly, that battling style has proven exactly how superiror it is to the previous sagas. Amazing.

8/10.

I just realize that because of this battle I can finally have something to look forward to with future TR encounters.

Oh and brilliant strategy by Ash to turn Wobuffet's counter against him, he really seems to have his head on his shoulders this time with that twinge of AG confidence, it's great to see.

I don't really care enough to watch this episode, so I browsed the photos instead.

It's safe to say that Team Rocket are the stars of this episode. The impromptu fashion show was funny and the battle wasn't a joke.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

This Episode was pretty good, and its annoying how some people automatically calls it ''bad'' for being a ''filler'' (i dont like this term)
    Seriously, watch the episode

It was pretty funny Wobbuffet in this Episode and it really showed a huge growth on both Ash's and TR's battling
    both Wobbuffet and Inkay combo were amazing, aswell as Ash's with Pikachu
    Really liked how Bonnie tried to use Dedenne, but the question is: would she battle with him, or for her brother? we'll never know, but i'm pretty sure we'll have future episodes when she'll be forced onto using Dedenne and battle using him, this episode just foreshadows this situation.

Next must be better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmoz View Post
    This Episode was pretty good, and its annoying how some people automatically calls it ''bad'' for being a ''filler'' (i dont like this term)
    We've had a lot of episodes that didn't serve any real importance to the overall plot; they're called "fillers". This episode fits the category so far, since I don't see Pokemon grooming having an effect on the rest of the saga, unless that influences Serena's goal in the future.

But I liked the episode, don't think I automatically hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    We've had a lot of episodes that didn't serve any real importance to the overall plot; they're called "fillers". This episode fits the category so far, since I don't see Pokemon grooming having an effect on the rest of the saga, unless that influences Serena's goal in the future.

But I liked the episode, don't think I automatically hate it!
    Yeah what he meant is that just because it is a filler doesn't mean it's bad, this was a pretty enjoyable episode, and it seems it had good/decent reception so far except for that one usual opinion that goes always against the mainstream..

If XY fillers are this good then we're here for a great saga.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Yeah what he meant is that just because it is a filler doesn't mean it's bad, this was a pretty enjoyable episode, and it seems it had good/decent reception so far except for that one usual opinion that goes always against the mainstream..
    Well, not EVERYONE can be satisfied with an episode. There's always gonna be that one person who likes or hates something we don't.

So you guys call "FILLERS" those GENERIC crap episodes to justify pokemon's money thirst?

You can tag a crap episode as "FILLER" but in the end you know it was the same GENERIC concept recycled from other seasons.

Anyway is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zak13 View Post
    So you guys call "FILLERS" those GENERIC crap episodes to justify pokemon's money thirst?
    Well...yeah. These episodes don't serve any real importance to the overall plot of the saga, other than to just mark time.

Besides, to us, it's better than to just outwardly call them generic crap episodes.

I actually liked this filler since it showed us a competent Ash in battling. Even Jessie and James were pretty good. Jessie finally learned how to use her Wobbufett! The story as a whole was very genetic, but I do like the idea that trust was the issue between the girl and her dog. At least we get to see Jenny again. In previous seasons, you would rarely see her when illegal stuff is happening. I think we saw her at least 3 times so far in this series out of 8 episodes? She showed up for the Prism Tower incident, the Rhyhorn race problem, and when numerous pokemon were gone from Lumiose. I wonder if we'll see her more often for other towns when problem arises, especially when Team Flare starts moving the story.

I'm being very generous and giving this episode an 8/10. All the episodes so far are nice. I hope the animators keep it up for the rest of the series.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

For me, I like the episode... but this episode grinds my gears...
    why?
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/811/DP366.jpg
    See the guy on the left? I think it's a cameo of a non-Pokemon related character!
    The culprit...
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2ZHPCgfMjnUrDQ
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails
    -1st Corinthians 13:4-8
    #Amourshipping

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast