Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grooming Furfrou (811)

A much better episode than I excepted but not as Serena focused as I hoped for. I wish she battled with her Fennekin. :/ Oh well, Wobbuffet was hilarious, Bonnie was adorable and Ash was competent. I hope all the other fillers have similarly nice battles, because the one in this episode was surprisingly good.

I liked that they actually took the time to explain pokemon grooming in this episode. I didn't think they would go so detailed.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Was there a demonstration of Furfrou grooming in this episode?
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Was there a demonstration of Furfrou grooming in this episode?
    I think, but not by that much of a scene. (I don't remember what happened in the episode anymore)

not gonna lie, this looks like an entertaining episode for me...

like lol.

Team rocket being funny, good battles, slightly good character interactions...

Everything =3=

I'll post back when I watch it.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

First episode of XY that bored me. If it weren't for Bonnie I would have stopped watching.

Y'know, in spite of this being Furfrou-ccentric- though I don't like it much in the game, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, and just might be leaning toward liking Furfrou a little more, now. Unlike most other episodes, I found Jessie and James to be hilarious this time; and enjoyed Jame's ponytail look and outfit style a little too much. Wobuffet, Lord Arceus, was just priceless. All those styles he came out in...Jessie certainly did a number on the Wobs for the better XD And her reaction to not getting to "groom" Pikachu...loved it!

I also liked how Ash and Pikachu battled in this episode. Really showed the bond between them and Ash's keen ability to think up strategy like that and alter the way he and Pikachu usually battle on the spot, which I feel he hasn't done much since, what, season 1?

Furfrou ...that attitude. Very interesting to see. I enjoy the occasional portrayal of Pokemon who just do their own thing, regardless of what their human friend or trainer might want; especially if they do what they do to help that human come to understand them better, and in the end form more of a bond with them, as in this episode. Something about Furfrou's voice, too, made me like it a lot.
    I was also shockingly surprised and pleased to see that the episode actually got into detail about grooming; enough to portray it properly.

Bonnie....I just....ugh. I didn't like her much in the beginning, now I really don't, now that I see that they're trying to make her into a female version of Brock, but for the same of getting chicks to hook up with Citron. Just...no...it also doesn't help that her personality is flying in all different directions. One minute, she's acting like a kid and asking her brother if she can keep a pokemon, then she's completely ignoring his feelings, trying to play matchmaker, and putting him on the spot when it comes to women

One thing that really struck out to me was the scene with the ink. It reminded me a lot of the very first episodes of the first season when Pikachu was blinded by Koffing's attack and couldn't even fight. It's a lot like a milestone to show just how far they've come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    Bonnie....I just....ugh. I didn't like her much in the beginning, now I really don't, now that I see that they're trying to make her into a female version of Brock, but for the same of getting chicks to hook up with Citron. Just...no...it also doesn't help that her personality is flying in all different directions. One minute, she's acting like a kid and asking her brother if she can keep a pokemon, then she's completely ignoring his feelings, trying to play matchmaker, and putting him on the spot when it comes to women
    She's just a little excited girl full of energy. Her gag is nothing to be taken seriously, it is a joke played for laughs and I personally appreciate the fact it is not being used too often. Unlike Brock, she does not seem to go for Joy or Jenny like Brock did and only for specific girls. Either way, remember that Bonnie is just a little girl who wants the best for her brother, she's just a kid.

Considering poodle grooming is a pretty boring topic for a battle-focused show, I thought this episode was done pretty well. All the regulars were pretty good; Team Rocket were funny and Ash was awesome. The battle was amazing for such an insignificant Team Rocket encounter.

I did not find Jessica's story particularly interesting, but like I said, poodle grooming just isn't all that exciting. There's only so much you can do with a Furfrou. With that in mind I think the future of "formulaic", if that's the word, episodes is in safe hands for now. Pokémon is always going to struggle with originality given the structure of the video games they're based on, but the writers have done a very good job so far on writing generic stuff decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    She's just a little excited girl full of energy. Her gag is nothing to be taken seriously, it is a joke played for laughs and I personally appreciate the fact it is not being used too often. Unlike Brock, she does not seem to go for Joy or Jenny like Brock did and only for specific girls. Either way, remember that Bonnie is just a little girl who wants the best for her brother, she's just a kid.
    Agreed. Sure, being an average little girl doesn't necessarily indicate a good character, but it does show accuracy to what a real-life girl would act like (embarrassing her older brother, not understand the concept of romance completely), and I am a sucker for accuracy. Besides, it could've been worse; as Janovy said, Bonnie doesn't seem to be aiming at every girl she comes across in every episode like Brock was. We won't be seeing this gag in action again until the Sylveon vs. Froakie episode at least.

I guess Bonnie is going to be that character people either love or hate. I personally like her because she doesn't come off as arrogant like Max did and she doesn't go after every girl like Brock did. Bonnie seems to be going after the big sister type girls, or girls who look like they should be in their late teens or early twenties (not too sure how old Clemont is himself).
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    (not too sure how old Clemont is himself).
    I'm sure he's gotta be around Ash's age, so probably someone around that age as well or a bit older. Viola and Jessica both looked a little older than Clemont.

Damn! this episode got a 6.2 rating beating XY007's 5.8 Now this is the highest rated XY ep so far.

Those japanese people must really love their filler.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Or maybe the show is actually... *gasps* ...gaining some audience instead of losing?

I'm quite surprised, to be frank. But this episode was quite good, compared to most previous fillers.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

It's fairly better than half the pre-BW fillers

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Or maybe the show is actually... *gasps* ...gaining some audience instead of losing?

I'm quite surprised, to be frank. But this episode was quite good, compared to most previous fillers.
    Just out of curiosity, what would be the highest rating a Pokémon episode received? Any idea?

@Dracoflare: I'd say its better than half the BW, period.

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

For the nth time, a random episode's viewer ratings has nothing to do with its content, how many people liked it, or anything else that can be discussed in any way. The main reason different episodes get different ratings has to do with what airs on other channels at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Analon View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what would be the highest rating a Pokémon episode received? Any idea?

A horse racing episode in the first season.

Hopefully they make a real rhyhorn racing episode in an attempt to get another high rating.

A horse racing episode in the first season.

Hopefully they make a real rhyhorn racing episode in an attempt to get another high rating.
    I don't think the ratings had to do with the fact that it was a racing-themed episode. The episode didn't even show the race in its full glory.

I think it had to do with the fact that Serena's connection with Ash was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Analon View Post

EP033: The Flame Pokémon-athon, 18.6.

Good ole times. It's nice to see Pokémon in 2013 still gets decent ratings. Pokémon XY ranks at #4 amongst a sea of anime airing in Japan, that's really great.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    EP033: The Flame Pokémon-athon, 18.6.

Good ole times. It's nice to see Pokémon in 2013 still gets decent ratings. Pokémon XY ranks at #4 amongst a sea of anime airing in Japan, that's really great.
    So much for all those arguments that XY's ratings are suffering.

Remember, folks, Japan's ratings work differently than ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I agree. She is a very cute girl who said what she have in mind. In that aspect she is far better than Brock, and kinda more mature than her brother when is about this topic. Probably Eureka is right about her brother need some help. Hehe

This episode was good. Team Rocket still annoyed me, but the battle was excellent and I find Bonnie's gag in this episode to be very hilarious. I rate it 7.5/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast