Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grooming Furfrou (811)

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    EP033: The Flame Pokémon-athon, 18.6.

Good ole times. It's nice to see Pokémon in 2013 still gets decent ratings. Pokémon XY ranks at #4 amongst a sea of anime airing in Japan, that's really great.
    If its fourth, and assuming the first 3 would be One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, that's pretty darn good...

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Analon View Post
    If its fourth, and assuming the first 3 would be One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, that's pretty darn good...
    No, it's not Naruto, Bleach. Refer to this website for the weekly rankings: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...november-18-24

I don't know what rank Naruto gets though.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    No, it's not Naruto, Bleach. Refer to this website for the weekly rankings: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...november-18-24

I don't know what rank Naruto gets though.
    Wait, isn't it actually sixth on that list, then? Or am I misinterpreting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Wait, isn't it actually sixth on that list, then? Or am I misinterpreting it?
    The link I posted is for XY episode 7. The 6.2 rating is for the 8th (this) episode. I didn't find a link to ANN yet, but RickHoenn says some other website has them.

I wouldn't look too much into a filler getting high ratings though. They don't depend on the actual content of the episode itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    For the nth time, a random episode's viewer ratings has nothing to do with its content, how many people liked it, or anything else that can be discussed in any way. The main reason different episodes get different ratings has to do with what airs on other channels at the time.
    Let's not forget this post
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 5th December 2013 at 6:56 AM.

<--My tumblr

\

Regardless the ratings have been steadily increasing for the last few episodes. It might be because Serena joined the group.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Regardless the ratings have been steadily increasing for the last few episodes. It might be because Serena joined the group.
    Serena hardly contributed much in this episode. She was given focus in the last episode, which got a comparatively lower 5.8 rating. I'll agree that the ratings seem to be steadily increasing though, but it's not necessarily because of Serena.

<--My tumblr

\

I thought this episode was about a Furfrou who wanted to be treated like a human, not a trimmer-in-training who was afraid to touch pokémon or whatever was going on. Either way, it was a good episode.

On a side note, while I know this'll never happen in a million years, but can anyone see the guy who dubs Master Bob from Fairy Tail being a possible VA outside of the regular TCPI cast to dub the Master Furfrou trimmer?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 5th December 2013 at 9:41 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I thought this episode was about a Furfrou who wanted to be treated like a human
    That was a mistranslation originating from a really oddly worded line in the episode summary.

What was the original line and the actual meaning?

そこでカリスマトリマーの弟子・ジェシカと出会い、トリミアンが自分の人間性を認めないとトリミングをさせ てくれないのだと、悩みを打ち明ける。

"When they get there, they meet the Star Groomer's apprentice Jessica, who tells them of her trouble with a Trimmien who doesn't approve of her, and refuses let her groom it."

It was the target of the word 自分 that tripped people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Serena hardly contributed much in this episode. She was given focus in the last episode, which got a comparatively lower 5.8 rating. I'll agree that the ratings seem to be steadily increasing though, but it's not necessarily because of Serena.
    Yeah. I think it's just because people's interests in the anime have been restored after BW's cataclysmic end.

Yeah. I think it's just because people's interests in the anime have been restored after BW's cataclysmic end.
    Well, atleast that's true for me. I haven't actively watched Pokémon for years, yet XY managed to get me hooked.

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Analon View Post
    Well, atleast that's true for me. I haven't actively watched Pokémon for years, yet XY managed to get me hooked.
    Unless there happens to be some big thing going on every time the XY episodes also air, I really think my post is a practical given.

Unless there happens to be some big thing going on every time the XY episodes also air, I really think my post is a practical given.
    Yes, I think so too. I just meant that I know its true in my case.

Sinnoh Revamped
    My pride and Joy.

Nice filler episode with a good battle between Satoshi and Rocket Gang. Admitedly, I like Jessica. XD

Best battle scene for me in that ep:

That are nice gifs. I agree about Jessica too.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Nice filler episode with a good battle between Satoshi and Rocket Gang. Admitedly, I like Jessica. XD

Best battle scene for me in that ep:

Same. Hope she's seen again at least once before XY's end

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Same. Hope she's seen again at least once before XY's end
    For some reason...I have a feeling she might be connected to Serena's departure from the show somehow...

From PM subs:

Jessica: "Satoshi and Pikachu are amazing. To think Satoshi-kun continues battling by becoming Pikachu's eyes."

Citron: "I was also suprised at first, but this is something the only two of them can do."

Eureka: "They believe in each other."

Jessica: "Believe..."

Fillers in XY still may be far from perfect, but it shows how much effort the writing team can do for it to be awesome somehow

From PM subs:

Jessica: "Satoshi and Pikachu are amazing. To think Satoshi-kun continues battling by becoming Pikachu's eyes."

Citron: "I was also suprised at first, but this is something the only two of them can do."

Fillers in XY still may be far from perfect, but it shows how much effort the writing team can do for it to be awesome somehow
    looking from citron and eureka's word, it looks like there's a deep meaning implied to it. is up to the writers they can do the job well done if they liked to

From PM subs:

I gotta agree, those were one of the better lines for XY's run, maybe even for the show. It makes me wonder if those lines will become important later on in the saga...

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    looking from citron and eureka's word, it looks like there's a deep meaning implied to it. is up to the writers they can do the job well done if they liked to
    I gotta agree, those were one of the better lines for XY's run, maybe even for the show. It makes me wonder if those lines will become important later on in the saga...
    I do hope the same thing. What I like about XY is that they're finally emphasizing his character better than any of the previous sagas. They're finally doing the main character some justice ever since XY001

This episode was nowhere as bad as other who watched the Jap version made it seem to be, it was an enjoyable episode to me and i got to see a Furfrou who i was hoping Serena would end up catching. The XY series hasn't let me down yet since there is not one boring episode at least in my opinion.

I really do like Jessica's style of clothes and who knew Wobbuffet was into cosplay? XD! Maybe Serena gets into styling.

So is Manetric the go to Pokemon for Officer Jenny?

If you're strong you'll survive and you'll keep your dream alive!

Yeah, I liked this episode too. Jessica had a pretty good voice and design so I didn't mind her problem. I forgot that she broke the machine with the stick so my first reaction seeing it was "What are you doing?! You're not gonna break with a stick!"Of course, she ends up breaking it on her first try and my sister was all "You messed up, V."

Anyway, solid filler.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast