Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Theory: Cores of X/Y OU

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Riana View Post
    Infiltrator Chandelure will wreck that Gourgeist
    Im assuming thats where TTar comes in. TTar pretty much walls Chandelure with SpDef investment. Remember, cores are Pokes that work well together to cover for each other.

Here is a core you might be familiar with on stall teams and maybe on some bulky offense teams

Heatranny (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    - Toxic
    - Lava Plume

P****aur (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Synthesis
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed

Scr*t*m-Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Rest
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch

This is a popular FWG core,with FWG cores providing many free switches.Sorry if the nicknames are a bit obscene,I couldnt think of any others.Anyways,Physically defensive rotom-w checks and counters talonflame,which would otherwise threaten the star of the core.Specially defensive heatran to set up rocks for passive damage,and physically defensive mega venusaur to check the more physical threats that might threaten the rest of the core.This should be a common,almost standard,core for stall teams because about 50~ percent of the meta is covered in the core.

CeleTran core of ~circa 07 still works really well in 6th gen even with the stupid power creep.
    Pokemon Y 3DS FC - 2079 7045 5719 (PM me if you add me ^_^.)
    Trophy Case :~) : Flawless (Roaming) Shiny Latias from Emerald /w my OT (Racks/14403) Pic!
    Flawless Shiny Mew from Japanese Emerald /w my OT (コサブロウ/41447) Pic!
    31/14/31/31/31/31 Shiny Chansey (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Iceburn/47170) Pic!
    31/31/31/23/31/31 Shiny Tauros (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Pudding/12556) Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Puddingg View Post
    CeleTran core of ~circa 07 still works really well in 6th gen even with the stupid power creep.
    Not that I play a lot, but I don't really see many Celebi, but just looking at the top 10 used Pokemon last night... 7 of them can deal massive damage to Celebi. I honestly don't think it's as effective as it used to be, and you may benefit by using another mon to fill the role.

4-Man Defensive core. Requires a lot of switching to lock them down so Rapid Spin support is needed, which I use in the form of Starmie, but there are probably a lot of other options out there besides it.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    -Scald
    -Recover
    -Ice Beam
    -Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP 232 Def 24 Spe
    Impish Nature
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    -Seismic Toss
    -Thunder Wave
    -Soft-Boiled
    -Aromatherapy

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 HP 4 Atk 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    -Seed Bomb
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Leech Seed

Skarmory's Fire and Electric weaknesses are both covered by Gastrodon, while Electric can be covered by Gourgeist if need be. Blissey's fighting weakness is covered by Gourgeist. Gastrodon's Grass weakness is covered by Gourgeist and Skarmory. Gourgeist's Ghost weakness is covered by Blissey and Skarmory, his Fire weakness is covered by Gastrodon, his Flying and Dark weaknesses are covered by Skarmory. The only thing not covered is Gourgeist's Ice weakness, which to be honest, is almost irrelevant and an Ice Beam is easily taken by Blissey even though it's not resisted. The only Poke that this core seems to struggle with is Trevenant, but otherwise it's very resilient and hard to break. Even when one of them faints, the opponent tends to be so far behind at that point that it doesn't matter.

This setup covers many bases, and is viable for online use IMO

Florges@Miracle Seed
    Ability: Flower Veil
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 SpDef, 4 Speed
    -Petal Dance/Energy Ball
    -Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind/HP Ground/Rock

Hydreigon@Iron Plate
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Flash Cannon
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Flamethrower/Surf

Alakazam@Alakazite
    Ability: Synchronize>Trace
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Dazzling Gleam

The set covers several things. Florges destroys Azumarills with Miracle Seed and Energy Ball or Petal Dance, while Moonblast devastates Dark, Fighting and Dragon types, which reaaly helps the rest of the team. Hydreigon packs Iron Plate and Flash Cannon to deal severe damage to Fairies and Ice/Rock types, with Flamethrower to cover for Bug and Steel types. Dark Pulse deals with Ghost or Psychic types that can be an issue. Mega Alakazam deals with Poison types, with Shadow Ball to kill off Ghost and Psychic types, whilst Dazzling Gleam covers for Dark types.
    This team is versatile, but has issues when it comes to Talonflame, as it lacks any real counter aside from HP Rock.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    RIP Crusade's Order
    May the memories of it last many times longer than the guild.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Tyranitar manhandles your core, florges fails to do much due to the sp def increase from sand as well as its bulk in general, while mega tyranitar can set up and sweep at +1 with dragon dance and general coverage.

So thanks to the new RMT Competition, I found a great core that works/

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Super Power

Garchomp @ Garchompite
    Rash Nature
    Sand Veil/ Force
    80 Atk 252 SpAtk 176 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Huge Power
    124 HP 252 Atk 132 Spe
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -Play Rough
    -Super Power

So these spreads may seem a bit weird, but I use this core on a web team, and it works admirably. TTar provides Sand Support for MegaChomp, which fires off boosted Earthquakes and Stone Edges at his opponents to nuke em. If he gets burned, or runs into Gliscor or Lando, all he has to do is use Draco Meteor to OHKO. Fire Blast takes things like Scizor and Ferrothorn and urns them into a crisp. TTar hits fairly hard, dealing with Flying types, as well as checking Latios pretty well. He hard counters Talonflame, which can pose somewhat of a problem it he carries a Choice Band. Conk shits on Chomp and TTar, so Azumarill is able to hard counter him and OHKO with Play Rough. The speed EVs plow me to outdpseed uninvested base 65s, such as Scizor so I can Aqua Jet before the Bullet Punch. Fairies do tend to give these guys problems, but I have AV Metagross on the full team to take care of them.

Why hasn't this core been mentioned already?

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Naive Nature
    - Earth Power
    - U-turn
    - Psychic
    - Sludge Wave

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind

This is pretty much the INCREDIBLY dangerous core from gen 5 that led to the ban of Lando-I ,but with a couple of twists. First of all is Ttar is now mega Ttar, giving the team a very powerful Pursuit trapper for Keldeo so it can take out Lati@s and over Psychics, Keldeo's main threats. If the opportunity arises Ttar can DD and attempt a nifty sweep. Quite powerful in general anyway.

Lando I in this case is not the Sand Force one, but the sheer force one. I have a very good reason for this, that being its insane power and Mega Venusaur. It's normally a huge threat to the core, but with Psychic...
    252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 192-229 (52.7 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. A 2HKO is great to lando on it (get it? Lando instead of land! OOOOOOOOOHHHHH) as it would normally be a huge threat to the entire core. It also has U-Turn to easily switch into Keldeo, Sludge Wave for fairy removal as the other 2 don't like Fairies, and Earth Power for sheer power. Once again,an amazing team member to have.

Keldeo is a special CM set with... Expert Belt, but why? Simple,with this you can bluff the choice item, so when they switch into say Blissey to take the scarf/specs Hydro, then get smashed by Secret Sword, or you could just CM and reveal the master plan. With Hydro Pump their for massive damage, Secret sword for special walls like Blissey and Icy Wind to hit possibly dangerous dargons, and CM to boost up, Keldeo is sure a scary thing.

Threats

Banded Terrakion- Speed tieing with the fastest member, it has a move to destroy each member, CC for 2 and Stone Edge for 1. Its a big threat, so try packing an Azumarril as a check or Skarm as a counter, or Aegis, but Aegis is worried about EQ. Scarf Terrakion is a threat as well.

Azumarril- BellyJet and Band are both very dangerous, Keldeo cant do much at all to it and gets hit by Play rough, Ttar gets hit by Play Rough and Lando gets owned by Aqua Jet. Try maybe min speed Aegis but then BellyJet can wreak. The only thing to 100% beat this thing is to make Ttar a normal one and add Mega Venusaur tbh, as that thing 100% counters Azumarril. You could also run Thundy and Twave it/bolt it, but that applies for most threats to the team

Keldeo with HP Electric, moreso specs- Scary stuff. The HP Electric is gonna hit your own Keldeo very hard, And its going to most likely destroy the rest of the core. Again, the Mega Venusaur idea works, or Latias

Char X- After +1 you are done. Don't let it set up OR run Twave Thundy or Intimidate Bulky Krookodile.

Alternative Sets

Keldeo:
    Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Sacred Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Bug]

Tyranitar:
    Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 26th March 2014 at 8:23 AM.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Sludge Wave
    - Gravity

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

Gravity Landorus Incarnate is a gimmick, but an amazing one. The two things that wall Mega Gyarados the best are Skarmory and Zapdos, both of which are OHKO'd (Sturdy tho :[) by Earth Power, thanks to Gravity. If Zapdos doesn't run HP Ice, Landorus has the ability to switch into both Skarmory and Zapdos, set up Gravity, and either kill Skarm/Zappy, force the opponent to sac something, or switch into a pink blob.

Mega Gyarados, with the two of them out of the way, can be an absolute monster and nearly impossible to stop after he gets one DD under his belt. Once he gets two, it's over unless your opponent has a Bulky Steel like Ferrothorn or Scizor, both of which also get beat by Lando.

+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 296-350 (81.3 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 476-560 (123.9 - 145.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 584-688 (152.8 - 180.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 386-456 (127.8 - 150.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 248-292 (58.4 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery - +2 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 180-213 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 370-436 (98.9 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 384-452 (118.5 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 342-403 (97.4 - 114.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 740-872 (228.3 - 269.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 420-494 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Unaware Clefable: 424-499 (107.6 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It also has the ability to OHKO any Steel type that doesn't float/fly, any Ground/Rock type (including ones with Sturdy, thanks to Mold Breaker), any Dragon that isn't Dragon/Ice, and nearly anything found on a HO team.

Threats to this core

Spoiler:
    Last edited by The DragonKnight; 26th March 2014 at 5:11 PM.

I actually have a pretty interesting defensive "core" that I've been using in OU wifi battles as of late:

Porygon 2 @ Eviolite (Trace)
    Modest, 252HP/216Def/40SpDef
    -Flamethrower
    -Ice Beam
    -Toxic
    -Recover

Sableye @ Choice Scarf (Prankster)
    Impish, 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
    -Trick
    -Will o Wisp
    -Recover
    -Foul Play

Porygon 2 remains an underrated defensive threat in the common OU metagame. With scarily high defenses, consistent recovery, and a usable special attack stat, it can easily serve as a counter to some of the most widely used pokemon in OU (notably aegislash, talonflame, and greninja). The main problem with porygon2 though is its vulnerability to both knock off and top-tier special walls like blissey, hence where sableye comes in. This sableye set in particular serves two main roles: crippling one of your opponent's pokemon permanently with a choice item and either killing or burning the abundance of physical attackers in the tier.

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 140-166 (37.4 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    40+ SpA Porygon2 Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 266-314 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    40+ SpA Porygon2 Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 110-130 (33.9 - 40.1%) -- 33.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 140-165 (37.4 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 126-148 (33.6 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

^youll need something to handle Conkeldurr for that core. As an avid user of Conk on Wifi, I've easily defeated both Pokémon you mention right here. Payback hits for a solid 100BP against Sableye whenever you try to recover, and Porgon is self explanatory when it comes to Drain Punch.

Of course, Mega Venusaur has a field day with Conk, but I don't know if you use him or not.

The Core I'm using at the moment is;

Umbreon - Leftovers
    Bold - Synchronize
    - Moonlight
    - Toxic
    - Swagger
    - Foul play

And

Roserade - Black Sludge
    Calm - Natural cure
    - Toxic
    - Synthesis
    - Aromatherapy
    - Venom Drench

The idea is that Roserade can toxic her foe and then Venom drench them so they become effectively useless. You could easily run an attack so she can do some damage over Aromatherapy.
    Umbreon is an AMAZING pokemon, solid wall and with Swagger to confuse and then foul play can pack a surprising punch. Even on walls or special attackers, Umbreons natural special defence means it has no problem swaggering to boost there attack stat so he can take advantage of it.

These two work well to cripple the foe is two ways, by either dragging there attack, special attack and speed down with Vemon drench or by building up there attack and taking them out with Foul play.
    The thing I love most about Umbreon is you need no attack investment to do damage because it uses its foes attack stat.

Lastly, these two work great together as poison covers Dark's weaknesses perfectly so Roserade can switch out to take on what Umbreon fears and Umbreon can come in to take physical attacks fairly easily, able to heal off the damage with moonlight.

^and this is when Steel types have a field day.

In all honesty, Venom Drench is a gimmick more than anything, and a pretty bad one at that. These guys can't do ANYTHING to steel types whatsoever, and there is nothing stopping the Venom Drenched Pokémon from switching out.

Also Swagger and Venom Drench are redundant.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Earth Power
    - Sludge Wave
    - Psychic

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

These two were a popular core back in Gen 5, and are back to rip holes in peoples' teams. Calm Mind Landorus is a powerful sweeper that shreds through defensive teams and becomes surprisingly specially bulky after a few boosts, but it has trouble breaking through things like Skarmory that resist/are immune to its main moves. This is where Keldeo comes in, being a veritable nuke after Landorus has cleaned up. It handles things like Bisharp and Kyurem-B that could potentially cause Landorus some pain, while Lando lures in Mega Venu and Azumarill and cripples them, allowing Keldeo to sweep.

It's a powerful offensive duo, but it really struggles with the Lati twins. Bisharp works as a good partner in this regard, as teams based around this core are likely to be hyper offensive (where Bisharp fits perfectly).
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Granted venom drench is a gimmicky idea but it helps to force switches. Carry a rock setter and your golden.

I fail to see how swagger is redundant, if you build to use it. Umbreon gets to use the boost to it's advantage much like a swagger foul play klefki.

Poison and dark carry 5 weaknesses between them 3 are covered by each other and one which is completely resisted.
    Most steel types used competitively are also physical attackers, namely scizor and aegislash. Aegis is OHKO by foul play in attack mode while scizor takes 2 hits to deal with if an attack variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath90 View Post
    Most steel types used competitively are also physical attackers, namely ... aegislash.
    someone hasn't faced Crumbler

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

This one seems rather obvious:

Florges @ Leftovers (Symbiosis)
    Bold, 252HP/252Def/4SpAtk
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Calm Mind

Avalugg @ Leftovers (Sturdy)
    Sassy, 252HP/252SpDef/4Atk
    -Recover
    -Curse
    -Avalanche
    -Gyro Ball
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    This one seems rather obvious:

Florges @ Leftovers (Symbiosis)
    Bold, 252HP/252Def/4SpAtk
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Calm Mind

Avalugg @ Leftovers (Sturdy)
    Sassy, 252HP/252SpDef/4Atk
    -Recover
    -Curse
    -Avalanche
    -Gyro Ball
    In either metagame at the moment, there are much better replacements for this core. In UU, Mega Aggron exists and does everything your Avalugg is doing but better and with better synergy with Florges. In OU, Sylveon harshly outclasses Florges, and Skarmory puts Avalugg out of business.

Combine that with the shared Steel weakness (a common type in both UU and OU) and the fact that Avalugg and Florges still have mediocre special and physical bulk respectively, and your core finds itself pretty outclassed.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Jolly Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 252 Attack, 200 Speed, 56 HP
    -Brave Bird
    -U-Turn
    -Defog
    -Taunt

HP EVs are to be able to switch in 5 times into Stealth Rock. U-Turn is there in case a Psychic comes in to try and ruin Crobat's day. I believe Jolly with 200 Speed is enough to outspeed most Greninjas. Taunt is to stop any setup.

Adamant Bisharp @ Black Glasses
    Ability: Defiant
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Night Slash
    -Sucker Punch
    -Iron Head
    -Swords Dance

If I could get a Kalos hatched Pawniard with Knock Off, I would use it instead of Night Slash, but for now, I'll have to stick to Night Slash. Psycho Cutter would be an alternative for Night Slash, but unfortunately Bisharp would be too afraid to risk a priority Fighting move, whether it was STABed or not. But Bisharp can come into any rare Psychic moves Crobat might encounter while Crobat can tank any Fighting move seeking to topple my bishop.

Jolly Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Ability: Oblivious
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Superpower/Stealth Rock
    Bisharp has the Psychic moves covered, but Crobat is still weak to Electric attacks, which is where Mamoswine comes in. He also scares away any Dragons that seek to have their way with my other two. I'm torn on the last move, Superpower hits the Steels that the other two can't SE attack, but Stealth Rock provides some support that is at the same time, held back by Crobat's Defog. If I go for Superpower I suppose I should try and get a hold of a Thick Fat Swinub.

There are some obvious hurdles to overcome here, such as Special Fire attacks and physical walls. I suppose that's why I've got three other team members, I was thinking of maybe a Flash Fire Houndoom or Flash Fire Chandelure, but then I encounter the problem of having slow pokémon.
    Current Y Post-Game Team
    Xolotl - - - - - - - - - Tonatiuh - - - - - - - - Cinteotl
    Primary DS (Y): 2723-9667-2805, Steel Safari with Metang, Excadrill, Ferroseed
    Secondary DS (X): 4597-0899-1313, Grass Safari with Ivysaur, Oddish
    PM me once you add me and I'll add you.

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Spikes
    - Magic Coat

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Defiant
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Hasty Nature
    - Wild Charge
    - Knock Off
    - Superpower
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Everyone knows what DeoSharp is, the standard core for a HO Team. Everyone has played one DeoSharp team before. The teams are so good because Deo-D can stack hazards on the field quickly, and if the opponent were to Defog away the hazards, they'd also be giving Bisharp a free +2 boost. This core is just like DeoSharp, but replacing Bisharp with Defiant Thundurus-Incarnate. What Thundy has over Bisharp is its ability to handle every defogger there is, as it OHKOs Skarm, Lati@s, and Mandibuzz, 2HKOs Zapdos without worrying about getting outsped and hit with Heat Wave, and 2HKOs Mega Scizor without worrying about getting hit by a Superpower. Thundurus is capable of punching major holes in the opposing team if it can get a Defiant boost, as it is capable of OHKOing a lot of prominent OU threats, such as Lati@s, Garchomp, Aegislash, Chansey, Mandibuzz, Skarm, Tyrantiar, and many more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12