Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Puberty Thread 2013 - Growing grass in the backyard~

Kids can rebel, too (have you seen some of them these days?), but not all teenagers rebel. My brothers and I weren't rebellious, and I wouldn't say we were perfect little angels as kids, but we were good kids. After watching my cousins and friends become teenagers and do dumb things out of rebellion, I have to say that I'm really glad I stuck by my parents and did as they asked.

Meanwhile, adult drama happens I believe because they never fully matured--next to other outside influences like drugs, alcohol and/or even technology (oh good Lord, you should see some of these parents who are hooked on their phones). You hear of adults doing really stupid, childish things all the time, and some of them are full-grown middle-aged adults and they get into fights at the Chuck E. Cheese and Wal-Marts and stuff like that. It's ridiculous, and I feel so sorry for the children who have to stand there and watch their parents beat the tar out of each other and question why it is they're being so hypocritical. I swear, most kids are actually much more adult than their parents at times because they're that much more level-headed.

There's also that chance that it's because kids are having children (perhaps, I don't know how old some of these parents were when they started having kids) and the amount of hormones released during pregnancy just screws up the balance since the body is not fully developed by that time. Or we have just devolved that much as a society because of whatever is in our foods or whatnot. Whichever. Puberty affects the body to prepare it for adulthood and being sexually mature, but the mindset... I think there are enzymes released during puberty that helps affect our way of thinking (attraction to one-another aside), it's just that some are more developed in that area than others.

I think it's that mystery of the universe that we should either learn about to fix in future generations, or it's best not knowing and just allow it to thin out the herd, so to speak. Whichever works for you.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 3rd December 2013 at 6:32 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Puberty came early for me lol. I think I started growing a mustache at like 9.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I think it's that mystery of the universe that we should either learn about to fix in future generations, or it's best not knowing and just allow it to thin out the herd, so to speak. Whichever works for you.
    I think it is better left to allow it thin out the herd. There's only so many things we should control.
    ---------------
    3DS Friend Code

Signature done by yours truly. Check out full version here!
    [Normal]
    [Safari]
    Smeargle / Audino / Lillipup
    Pokemon X: Rorie (Main)
    ---------------
    TEG Fairy Division Klefki Rank Trainer
    ---------------
    Current Shinies: Gogoat (Not tradeable), Krabby (Tradeable)
    Current Masuda Method Pokemon: Honedge (48 eggs, paused)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Puberty came early for me lol. I think I started growing a mustache at like 9.
    Are you being serious? Just like, wow, man!
    I remember of a boy, 10 y-o, on school that had mustache growing and everyone would annoy the hell out of him because of it. Although a lot of those retardeds wanted to have a mustache themselves. The ****...
    Have you grown a full beard already?

Oh man. I was a really early bloomer. I started getting boobs around the age of 10 (only like a B cup but eeeh), and I got my first case of auntie flow around the age of eleven. It's not fun. Not to mention that after my first visit my boobs went from a B to an E, they're at a G now and I've actually been offered a free reduction when I turn 18 if I so decide. I can't shop at La Senza, the only bra store in my city. Go me.

I was also put on pills when I was 13 in a hope to straighten out my hormones because I have a normal estrogen level for a 17 to 24 year old, ayyyy. Also I'm only 16 so it's really awkward for me walking around the school because well, I am like massively above average in a certain area of my body. I'm also only 160 pounds, so it's not like I'm a large girl.

Puberty sucks to be honest. Luckily I've never really had bad acne.

I hit puberty around 4 years ago when I was 11. I started getting some "acne" this year, but it's very minor: some small pimples on the forehead. I am still having voice breaks, I began having them two years ago.
    The weirdest part of my puberty is my growth. I am 6'1.5 at 15, at the age of 13 I was 5'8 and at the age of 14 I was 5'10. I hope I won't grow much because I don't want to be very tall. It's weird because my family is quite short/average (my father is 5'7 and my mother is 5'8). It's pretty awkward because I have a very youthful face and the height of a tall man.

I got all of you beat: I went through puberty twice.

No, I'm not trolling.

Spoiler:- The odd story:
    Last edited by Silent_Vibrava; 3rd December 2013 at 7:39 PM.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Are you being serious? Just like, wow, man!
    I remember of a boy, 10 y-o, on school that had mustache growing and everyone would annoy the hell out of him because of it. Although a lot of those retardeds wanted to have a mustache themselves. The ****...
    Have you grown a full beard already?
    Yep. I'm Armenian so my people are known for our hairiness.

I have grown many beards in my life but alas my parents force me to shave even though I hate it. They say I look like a hobo *rolls eyes*.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

My voiced changed. I HATE it. Made my voice a little deeper. I still have a fandub of me singing "Gomen Nasai" by t.A.T.u. before the deep thing slapped my face XD
    There's my (I think sized B or C) boobs - lol. I rather be flat. Do ye know how HARD it is to sprint with these XD Plus it gave me more of a girly look. Before I looked like a dude ._.
    There was one thing that I loved about it - made me bi-sexual. I was totally bi-curious when I was 11... Came out at 15 then became bi-sexual around 17-18 XD

But really, guys with beards are a no-no. They scare the f*** out of me XD

I'm Christian, and me no care :P nya~

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Depends. How old are you? Not everyone will have a noticeable voice change.
    12 years old.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    12 years old.
    eh... 12 years is hardly anything really. i believe most of the guys i knew in primary school never had their voices changed, it only really started to become noticable sometime in high school.

i think puberty has been pretty kind to me other than the fact that i got my first period at 12. i'm 17 now and my periods had been irregular and PAINFUL AS FUCK all this time until i started taking the pill last year. they've become regular now but it still hurts like a bitch. ==;;

but yeah i've never had any acne problems and i'm quite satisfied with my lovely boobies.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

12 years old.
    Yeah, you have a few years until you really notice things. You would definitely notice if you've been growing hair down there, though. Some do notice at that time, but for the most part, it's normal you haven't had much of a change yet. My second-to-youngest brother is 12 and I haven't noticed anything changing about him, either (but boys going through puberty are scary to me, so I don't want to see him change especially since he has a boyish face that is cute on him). I'm actually wondering how my parents are going to let him know he's been getting bigger. Since he has autism, it takes a while for him to really adjust to changes, so the teenage years are probably going to be tough on him.

I actually wonder if he's going to grow curly hair now as a teen especially since he takes after my mom more. Despite being more like Dad, so far all of my teenage brothers (kinda with the twins) and I have curly hair that grew in since middle/high school. My parents actually thought I was getting cowlicks when in middle school until we realized it was the curly hair growing in. It's really weird/amusing how we went from straight/wavy hair to curls in the first few teenage years. I knew hair would change overtime, but I figured curls would be there from the very beginning if it was natural...

Unless Frieda lied to me. Vain redhead brat always playing/poofing her hair whenever she's onscreen...
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 4th December 2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

13 years old.

It was pretty obvious when it started...

Then my mom was like "WHERE DID THOSE BOOBS COME FROM?" and it was really awkward and I'm glad she never said anything like that ever again after that
    Last edited by Fruitt; 4th December 2013 at 12:21 AM.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    Then my mom was like "WHERE DID THOSE BOOBS COME FROM?" and it was really awkward and I'm glad she never said anything like that ever again after that
    XD

That reminds me of Bill Cosby's "Window of Life" stand-up where he talked about his children going through puberty, and he said that with his daughters, they had the Breast Fairy. It was basically a fairy that goes around at night with a bicycle pump, and she pumps a little bit of air into the chest just about every night. Well she sure skipped me a lot...

Yeah. I plan on making that reference once when I'm a parent (that is if I get a daughter). I'm probably going to be a mean parent who teases my kids a lot... then again, I wonder how I would explain babies to my children, but at the same time, I never had "the talk". My mom had pregnancy books laying around the house that I've picked up and read from time to time since I was in elementary school. (They had pictures. Nothing graphic. Besides, I knew where babies came from because I have five younger brothers, so I obviously was around a pregnant woman a few times in my life.) But I just have to wonder what my kids will hear from other people, like what little dumb lies would they be told that we can giggle over from years to come?

I swear, I don't know if it's because of TV or the Internet or what, but kids are missing out these days on those silly little things/ideas on how babby was formed. No kid is believing the stork anymore, and I haven't heard of any silly explanations outside of people my age telling stories of their childhood. It's kinda sad.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I swear, I don't know if it's because of TV or the Internet or what, but kids are missing out these days on those silly little things/ideas on how babby was formed. No kid is believing the stork anymore, and I haven't heard of any silly explanations outside of people my age telling stories of their childhood. It's kinda sad.
    Agreed. Kids that are still relatively young should be still be hearing about those silly explanations.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    XD

That reminds me of Bill Cosby's "Window of Life" stand-up where he talked about his children going through puberty, and he said that with his daughters, they had the Breast Fairy. It was basically a fairy that goes around at night with a bicycle pump, and she pumps a little bit of air into the chest just about every night. Well she sure skipped me a lot...

Yeah. I plan on making that reference once when I'm a parent (that is if I get a daughter). I'm probably going to be a mean parent who teases my kids a lot... then again, I wonder how I would explain babies to my children, but at the same time, I never had "the talk". My mom had pregnancy books laying around the house that I've picked up and read from time to time since I was in elementary school. (They had pictures. Nothing graphic. Besides, I knew where babies came from because I have five younger brothers, so I obviously was around a pregnant woman a few times in my life.) But I just have to wonder what my kids will hear from other people, like what little dumb lies would they be told that we can giggle over from years to come?

I learned about sex when I found my friends Hentai Manga...
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    13 years old.

It was pretty obvious when it started...

xD "They kinda appeared..."

I found out about hentai when I was nine... nya~

My arms haven't come in I guess that's because I'm only level 2

Wonder why this thread exists
    Anywho, so my voice has been changing, i have a tendency to eat and sleep more, and I have some hair...well...down there. Anyways, it'll probably reach it's peak with a growth spurt soon.

Data --- 3DS FC: 4399-0520-1281 - Bug Safari: Butterfree, Illumise, Heracross - NNID: X-Bros - I(n)G(ame)N(ame): nexandgbx (Y) (OR) - Pokemon Showdown Username: nexandgbx
    Current Breeding Projects: Cleffa - Magic Guard, Bold, 31/x/31/31/31/31 w/ 4 Egg Moves (For: Self) - Status: In Progress
    Breloom - Poison Heal, Adamant/Jolly, 31/31/31/x/31/31 w/ Bullet Seed and Focus Punch (For: Self) - Status: Unstarted

The only sign I had from like 5-7 grade was pimples. A whole lot of pimples. From eighth grade to now, 10th grade, I've grown a ton, though I've always been tall for my age. Now I'm 6'1, and my voice has gotten way deeper. As for the facial hair, that is yet to come, although recently I've started to notice it more and more. I guess I'm still going through puberty, since I'm only 15, so I'll hopefully grow a few more inches and have more facial hair by the time I'm done with it.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

This is kind of a weird idea for a thread, but alright.

I guess it started for me about two or three years ago, so I was at least 13. That's when the acne and hair (Of the non-facial variety. If you know what I mean.) started. Somewhere between 14 and 15 --probably closer to 15-- I had a crazy growth spurt where I grew like eight inches and gained like 80 pounds. Not even kidding.

It was only earlier this year, before I turned 16 I think, that I started to grow semi-legit facial hair. And, yes, I am a neckbeard in the making.

The only thing left is for my voice to change fully. At least I hope it hasn't already. I still don't sound much different than a 12 year old.
    Last edited by AscendingFire; 4th December 2013 at 3:21 AM.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Age? Guess under 12...

I learned about sex... How did I do? Geez, I don't even remember how it was. But I know I was 12 and I thought it was disgusting.
    And regarding sex and such, I learned all about it between 12 and 14, but really... A lot of friends of the same age as me had a better understandment about it. I knew nothing if compared to them xD

I was a relatively early bloomer. I started getting very slight acne when I was only nine years old. I remember telling my mom I needed a bra by the time I was 10 and my first period was shortly after that.

However! I'm extremely short. I'm only 5'1" and I've been this height since I was in middle school. All my other peers kept getting taller and taller while I just stayed the same. I'm now 23 and I get mistaken for a high schooler (or even middle schooler....) a lot. I'm going to get carded until I'm 35 at this rate.
    Alpha SapphireL

For me it's actually going by without so much as a hitch. I've probably got about another year before I'm done with puberty, and to be honest, I've barely noticed that I am going through puberty...it really isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be.

I just woke up one day and when I was 11 and there was hair everywhere, does that count?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast