Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Serebii 6th Gen Singles Tier List & Standard Rules Discussion Thread

Default Official Serebii 6th Gen Singles Tier List & Standard Rules Discussion Thread

The Tier list and rules that will be used on Serebii Single Battles (to be used on Wi-Fi as well). These rules (based off Smogon's Singles Tier List) are unofficial and user-created and are not used in official The Pokémon Company Internatioal / Nintendo run tournaments

To view the official rules used in The Pokémon Company Internatioal / Nintendo run tournaments, go here (coming soon).

General Rules
    Ubers are banned from OU downwards.
    All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize) are banned.
    All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill) are banned.
    Sleep Clause is enabled (no more than one Pokémon on the opposing team can be put to sleep).
    The use of the move Baton Pass is restricted to one Pokemon per team.

Banned Items
    Gengarite
    Kangaskhanite
    Lucarionite
    Blazikenite
    Mawilite
    Salamencite

Banned Abilities
    Moody

Banned Moves
    Swagger

Ubers
    Code:
    Mewtwo
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Blaziken
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Deoxys (Normal Forme)
    Deoxys (Attack Forme)
    Deoxys (Defense Forme)
    Deoxys (Speed Forme)
    Dialgia
    Palkia
    Genesect
    Giratina
    Giratina (Origin Forme)
    Shaymin (Sky Forme)
    Darkrai
    Arceus 
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    White Kyurem
    Aegislash
    Xerneas
    Yveltal
    Please don't speculate on what you think should be banned until suspect testing begins.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 29th November 2014 at 12:39 AM.

sogengarite is really that op

i was wondering how the mega evolutions would affect the tiers

FIRST
    3ds FC: 2981 6956 6736

Trades i am looking for: Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape (Hidden Ability)
    LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FIND OUT MY FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON. PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Dubkip View Post
    FIRST
    Go back to the dark, depressing Youtube comments section from whence you came.

So yeah, Gengarite's been banned. Personally, I can't see any other Mega Evolutions being banned, aside from potentially Mega Kangaskhan.

One thing I do notice is the absence of good old Big Bird from the Ubers list. Tornadus-T seems very potent and would make a great addition to standard VoltTurn teams. Thundurus is also OU, and he'll be fun to try out, too. Manaphy will be just as potent as ever, getting to +6 in two turns and getting full, but finite, recovery. Loss of perma-rain hurts all of them and it will be fun to see where they end up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Go back to the dark, depressing Youtube comments section from whence you came.

So yeah, Gengarite's been banned. Personally, I can't see any other Mega Evolutions being banned, aside from potentially Mega Kangaskhan.

One thing I do notice is the absence of good old Big Bird from the Ubers list. Tornadus-T seems very potent and would make a great addition to standard VoltTurn teams. Thundurus is also OU, and he'll be fun to try out, too. Manaphy will be just as potent as ever, getting to +6 in two turns and getting full, but finite, recovery. Loss of perma-rain hurts all of them and it will be fun to see where they end up.
    there is no potentially for kanga it will be banned its way to broken probably followed by mega lucario. After that theres a few other things that coulg get bumped like manaphy, genesect, kyurem black, thundurus, landorus, and maybe mega mawile.

As for the tier itself i think we will see more bulky offenisve/balanced teams like dpp and a rise in stall since kyurem black is somewhat more managable thanks to bulky fairies like sylveon and florges.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    there is no potentially for kanga it will be banned its way to broken probably followed by mega lucario. After that theres a few other things that coulg get bumped like manaphy, genesect, kyurem black, thundurus, landorus, and maybe mega mawile.

As for the tier itself i think we will see more bulky offenisve/balanced teams like dpp and a rise in stall since kyurem black is somewhat more managable thanks to bulky fairies like sylveon and florges.
    Haven't seen much of Kyurem,Thundurus and Mawile while laddering but imo Manaphy and Genesect would deserve the ban once the broken megas go.Not sure about Landorus but as far as I've seen the transaction from 5h to 6th gen didn't bother it much so it might get banned someday.
    I see Stall becoming more popular than 4th or 5th gen and that makes me sad :/

ProteAn greninja will definately be ou. Stab on every move with type changing is confusing to keep track of

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

The only Kalos pokemon I see staying in OU for the long run are

Greninja, because STAB on everything off decent offensive stats and 122 speed is really good as a cleaner and general use sweeper. Protean can also let it tank an attack that might have kod it and then can strike back next turn.

Talonflame, priority brave bird is the new standard in powerful priority. Even though mons like Rotom and aggron and eventually heatran can counter him, if they fall for any reason then talonflame can just kamikaze its way through your entire team with CB brave bird.

Aegislash, because of an amazing type and an ability that shifts him between rayquaza and registeel every single turn.

Sylveon, because it's a brand new eeveelution and people will milk it for all it's worth.

Some others.

Goodra I can see dropping to BL.

Kiefki seems to be the whimsicott of gen 6. People will drop it when the novelty ends and when people realizes that parafusion isn't reliable for higher level play.

Trevnant doesn't seem too useful considering it's not too great defenses.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 8th December 2013 at 8:02 PM.

Should have added this to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    there is no potentially for kanga it will be banned its way to broken probably followed by mega lucario. After that theres a few other things that coulg get bumped like manaphy, genesect, kyurem black, thundurus, landorus, and maybe mega mawile. .
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B.King View Post
    Haven't seen much of Kyurem,Thundurus and Mawile while laddering but imo Manaphy and Genesect would deserve the ban once the broken megas go.Not sure about Landorus but as far as I've seen the transaction from 5h to 6th gen didn't bother it much so it might get banned someday.
    Please don't speculate on what you think should be banned until suspect testing begins .
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 8th December 2013 at 9:15 PM.

Well, Mega Kangaskhan has officially been banned, to the relief of many players. The official ruling can be found here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ubers.3495351/

There has also been a new decision regarding something called the "Endless Battle Clause:"

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...lause.3495354/

If you remember the "FunBro" set that a few people have been going around using, this is aimed to prevent sets like that from being used. The actual mechanics of the ban prevent Leppa Berry + Recycle + Heal Pulse from being used together on the same set, which stops the main set design that has been causing these infinite battles.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    There has also been a new decision regarding something called the "Endless Battle Clause:"

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...lause.3495354/

If you remember the "FunBro" set that a few people have been going around using, this is aimed to prevent sets like that from being used. The actual mechanics of the ban prevent Leppa Berry + Recycle + Heal Pulse from being used together on the same set, which stops the main set design that has been causing these infinite battles.
    Well, no need to go over Mega Kangaskhan, but I'm wondering something about "FunBro" here. Unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't this have been possible in 5th Gen too? If so, I'm surprised we went an entire generation without anyone trying that. Either way, it's good to see that this isn't allowed anymore either.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Well, no need to go over Mega Kangaskhan, but I'm wondering something about "FunBro" here. Unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't this have been possible in 5th Gen too? If so, I'm surprised we went an entire generation without anyone trying that. Either way, it's good to see that this isn't allowed anymore either.
    Probably because it's a new generation, and thus everything is fair game. Everyone's trying everything at the moment, since the tiers aren't really established yet.

...It's still a situational strategy though given slapping Toxic on it is pretty much GG, in addition to being setup fodder. But yeah, I could see it being frustratingly annoying as a last Pokemon thing if the conditions are met. Probably for the best it's gone, given it's nothing more than a time waster. And not in the "stall them to death" sort of way, either; it just eats up time until it turns into a Struggle-fest.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Even if someone else thought of it before, it probably just became infamous now.

Maybe someone tried it, but it didn't manage to spread.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    ...It's still a situational strategy though given slapping Toxic on it is pretty much GG, in addition to being setup fodder. But yeah, I could see it being frustratingly annoying as a last Pokemon thing if the conditions are met. Probably for the best it's gone, given it's nothing more than a time waster. And not in the "stall them to death" sort of way, either; it just eats up time until it turns into a Struggle-fest.
    Agreed. It's just so uncompetitive, we don't need to have to deal with any of that ever. And of course, the Mega Kangaskhan ban is what's on everyone's mind now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Even if someone else thought of it before, it probably just became infamous now.

Maybe someone tried it, but it didn't manage to spread.
    I suppose there's that. But it's not like it matters at this point now that it's banned.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

It's no surprise that Mega Kangaskhan was banned. I was actually expecting it to be banned before Mega Gengar.

Luckily I never played against a FunBro, such a ridiculous strategy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    It's no surprise that Mega Kangaskhan was banned. I was actually expecting it to be banned before Mega Gengar.
    Eh, people were pretty familiar with how ridiculous Shadow Tag is, especially on something with so much power and speed. I'd say it's the fact that people already knew the weight that Shadow Tag carried which led to it being the first to be banned.

...Mind you, that's just a guess, and it's definitely moot point given the order in which they're banned doesn't matter in the slightest.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quite honestly now im happy with the tiers as is. Theres really nothing in the lineup that requires a quick ban, and im glad we now have a healthy metagame. Cant wait til the first suspect test tho.

I remember one time where someone brought up a Jirachi set that was capable of performing the same endless battle scenarios back in BW, but I guess it was just too situational and difficult to pull of at the time for anyone to worry about, mainly because it was dependent on good last-Pokemon scenarios. Slowbro took it to a whole new level due to Block, which ensured that it could trap in the right target and not have to worry about last-Pokemon matchups, although this particular set was possible in BW as well. Regardless, there was a little knowledge of this strategy back in BW, but I guess it wasn't until XY that it got enough attention and concern to warrant a ban.

I just have one question (please don't infract me for it) why was moody banned? only smeargle, glalie, octillery, and bibarel have it and they all have BST under 500

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_dog97 View Post
    I just have one question (please don't infract me for it) why was moody banned? only smeargle, glalie, octillery, and bibarel have it and they all have BST under 500
    INFRACTED

jk

moody is banned due to its unpredictability making the said pokemon very dangerous and unpredictable

Glad Mega-Kanghaskan (However you spell it) has been banned, I went up against millions of those things! I thought that Mega-Alakazam would be banned with Mega-Gengar, as they do practically the same thing. Also, I don't think Mega-Lucario will be banned as other Mega-Lucarios and Mega-Gardevoirs can beat them with relative ease
    Too much water guys!

Mega Gengar is banned because of Shadow Tag, which it can abuse Perish Song with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Riana View Post
    Mega Gengar is banned because of Shadow Tag, which it can abuse Perish Song with.
    Perish Song isn't quite the reason for the ban, as it was only a small part of Shadow Tag's effectiveness. The reason Shadow Tag was so ridiculous on Mega Gengar is because of its high speed and special attack, combined with its incredibly vast and unpredictable movepool, meaning that it can basically trap and KO any relevant threat that it wants to, thus eliminating the concept of countering it since by definition countering is being able to switch to a Pokemon that can stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    The only Kalos pokemon I see staying in OU for the long run are

Greninja, because STAB on everything off decent offensive stats and 122 speed is really good as a cleaner and general use sweeper. Protean can also let it tank an attack that might have kod it and then can strike back next turn.

Talonflame, priority brave bird is the new standard in powerful priority. Even though mons like Rotom and aggron and eventually heatran can counter him, if they fall for any reason then talonflame can just kamikaze its way through your entire team with CB brave bird.

Aegislash, because of an amazing type and an ability that shifts him between rayquaza and registeel every single turn.

Sylveon, because it's a brand new eeveelution and people will milk it for all it's worth.

Some others.

Goodra I can see dropping to BL.

Kiefki seems to be the whimsicott of gen 6. People will drop it when the novelty ends and when people realizes that parafusion isn't reliable for higher level play.

Trevnant doesn't seem too useful considering it's not too great defenses.
    Wait til you encounter Talonflame with Substitute, roost, bulk up, and brave bird and your entire team falls
    Last edited by Genesect4Prez; 15th January 2014 at 3:34 AM.
    OU Team: tallonflame, genesect

Quote Originally Posted by Genesect4Prez View Post
    Wait til you encounter Talonflame with Substitute, roost, bulk up, and brave bird and your entire team falls
    Yeah, as long as your team doesn't have a Heatran.

Or an Aegislash.

Or really any Steel type.

Or a stealth rocker.

Or anything with a sound based move.

Or Thundurus, Jolteon, etc.

Or a phazer.

Or anything that can use Stone Edge and isn't weak to Flying.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast