Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Clemont's Got A Secret (812)

Hadn't seen the episode yet, but I'm glad I read this! I'm a sucker for spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Didnt think we'd get a Blaziken-man reveal this early, wonder what they'll do with him throughout the show.
    It makes me think that since he has a Blaziken and an Ampharos that he knows something about Mega Evolution, something really important.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    his heliolisk seems to be the powerhouse for the upcoming gym battle with Ash , that maybe the reason why he didn't bring it on his journey.
    Exactly. Plus they need a strong pokemon to remain at the gym anyway.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

How do we know if Clemont isn't bringing a pokemon with him? The episode ended with the group sleeping at Clemont and Bonnie's house and the preview for the next episode only shows Clemont with Chespin.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

This was a really good episode.

Things of note:

The battle between Citroid and Clemont. Awesome new animation for dragon-tail. Also loved bulldoze and parabolic charge. Clemont was using unconventional strategy to win. Give Citroid a pattern and then break the pattern to make him confused. Good job Clemont. I also liked how Pikachu could sense that bunnelby was still underground during the second dig. That was cool. That's one strong bunny though. Cant wait for the inevitable Ash vs Clemont now. Wonder if he will use bunnelby against Ash, or if it will be strictly electric pokemon.

The group interaction was really well done too.

Good job writers!

A fairly nice episode. Clemont and Bonnie were gold here, but they always were. Their dad was alright, nothing to write home about. At least he was more lively then half the characters mothers. We don't have enough fathers in this anime, my goodness. Citroid wasn't what I expected, but I did love his robotic eye squint making him look all smug and superior to anyone. Didn't see it subbed so I have no idea what they were all talking about or why Citroid went rogue, but I very much enjoyed the battle. Bunnelby has got to be one of the coolest sidekick Pokemon to ever grace the anime. It's probably my favorite male sidekick Pokemon, along with Croagunk of course. It's battle with Heliolisk was good. I hope Clemont takes it with him after the 5th Gym match. No Team Rocket here, just lots of Clemont and Bonnie goodness

The ending with them spending the night at Clemont's place was cool. I guess Clemont doesn't want anyone sleeping in his room so he and Ash had to camp out on the couch. I won't blame him if that was the case. I'm a clean freak myself. Serena and Bonnie sharing a bed was beyond adorable and if it wasn't for Clemont's Gym match I'd say Bonnie stole the show again with her Tyrantrum PJ's. Is this the first time a sidekick won a Gym match? If so mark it down in the history books of Pokemon. Funny how a girl hasn't unless Iris did in BW, I wouldn't know. Poor Fennekin's been useless for two straight episodes. Better pick up the pace, little fox. With Chespin coming, you might get swept under the rug. But to be fair, who knew Magneton could do what it did? A pretty nice episode and I'm happy for Clemont screentime and development.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Eek, the Citroid was creepier than I imagined. I really didn't like the actual battle between Clemont and the Citroid aside from Bunnelby's Dig and Double Team combo. The whole battle just felt redundant especially given the sappy ending with the Citroid turning "good" and the Gym's Pokemon ceasing their attacks on Ash and friends. Seeing Limone hug Clemont was cool though; I'm glad he decided to accept Clemont's decision to continue traveling. There's not much else to say about this episode; it was predictable tbh.

I'm really loving the group dynamics this saga. Being a four person group is great and it's even better now that there are two boys and two girls. Ash and Clemont act like brothers, along with Pikachu and Dedenne, and Serena and Bonnie are a loving sister duo. Along with that, Froakie and Fletchling seem to have a really good bond with Froakie acting like the older brother patting(or slapping) Fletchling on the back and giving him some of the poke puffs. It really makes the group look like a big family traveling together and it's really enjoyable to watch.

After watching the last few minutes of the episode, I'm really excited to see Ash and Clemont face off when they get back to Lumiose City. Clemont could be using his Heliolisk, Chespin/Quilladin, and Bunnelby/Diggersby or even use the Magnets or even Dedenne. The possibilities are endless now that he officially has 7 Pokemon (by the time of next week it will be). It's going to be an exciting bout and hopefully nothing goes wrong.

I loved seeing Clemont's old Pokemkn and it was great seeing that they didn't hate his guts like it was speculated. The battle was also amazing and it's like every battle that happens in this saga is a gift for the eyes.

Limone is also awesome, and I'm glad he's proud of his son. Still hoping he battles Ash sometime, but I'm ready for next week to see him shine once again.

All in all, this was a 10/10 episode for me, everything was great and it was well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    How do we know if Clemont isn't bringing a pokemon with him? The episode ended with the group sleeping at Clemont and Bonnie's house and the preview for the next episode only shows Clemont with Chespin.
    Because then Citroid wouldn't have three Pokemon to battle with as Gym Leader

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I'm really loving the group dynamics this saga. Being a four person group is great and it's even better now that there are two boys and two girls. Ash and Clemont act like brothers, along with Pikachu and Dedenne, and Serena and Bonnie are a loving sister duo. Along with that, Froakie and Fletchling seem to have a really good bond with Froakie acting like the older brother patting(or slapping) Fletchling on the back and giving him some of the poke puffs. It really makes the group look like a big family traveling together and it's really enjoyable to watch.

After watching the last few minutes of the episode, I'm really excited to see Ash and Clemont face off when they get back to Lumiose City. Clemont could be using his Heliolisk, Chespin/Quilladin, and Bunnelby/Diggersby or even use the Magnets or even Dedenne. The possibilities are endless now that he officially has 7 Pokemon (by the time of next week it will be). It's going to be an exciting bout and hopefully nothing goes wrong.

I loved seeing Clemont's old Pokemkn and it was great seeing that they didn't hate his guts like it was speculated. The battle was also amazing and it's like every battle that happens in this saga is a gift for the eyes.

Limone is also awesome, and I'm glad he's proud of his son. Still hoping he battles Ash sometime, but I'm ready for next week to see him shine once again.

All in all, this was a 10/10 episode for me, everything was great and it was well worth the wait.

Because then Citroid wouldn't have three Pokemon to battle with as Gym Leader
    Apparently he left the gym to his father so I'm guessing he is the new gym leader. He has an Ampharos so technically Clemont can take on of the pokemon. I kind of hope for Magnemite myself. Course I've always wanted one on the main cast so I could be bias lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

So when Clemont tells bunnelby to block a move with a dirt wall Ash says something. Is he talking about how it was the same tactic used against him in XY1?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I haven't watched it yet, but is it ever explained why the Pokemon obey the Citroid against their own trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    Isn't it amazing how a positive group can change someone's perspective of a series? Everyone in XY is just so happy and supportive of each other, it just seems like everyone belongs together, infact this is the first group dynamic that i feel isn't forced.
    Realistic friendship isn't this flawless and perfect. Forced is exactly the word I'd use.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 5th December 2013 at 11:30 PM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Man, Bunnelby is stacked. It should probably be in Ash's gym battle against Clemont since it's the biggest challenge so far.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, but is it ever explained why the Pokemon obey the Citroid against their own trainer?

Realistic friendship isn't this flawless and perfect. Forced is exactly the word I'd use.
    Well they really have had no reason to take dumps on each other yet so I guess that's why? At the very least Serena and Ash where kinda miffed towards Clemont at the beginning.

After watching this episode, I really hope this group goes on another adventure after the kalos league. They seem so much like a family it's awesome.

Now about the battle, I really liked how it was animated, I liked the gym music finally being used, and I really liked how pikachu sensed bunnelby underground in a "wait it's not over" fashion.

Ever sense I found out clemont would be a character that travels with ash, I had high hopes for him. And I have been satisfied ever since this series started. I think this episode is my favorite so far.

Now the last thing off my list would be how clemont reacts to team rockets machines. Maybe in the future he gets to shut one down on his own.
    Friends are family you choose

Oh man. That eventual Clemont Ash battle is going to be so badass

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Marvelous episode, probably right next to the Viola confrontation and series debut in terms of quality. I was actually pretty happy with the overall execution of Clemont's little "high jacked gym" subplot, I'm glad it wasn't dragged on too long or it would falter like the Chimchar arc. in DP. Anyway, right off the bat Lemon family stole the show for me, I'm liking Clemont's father a lot. He's easily the most entertaining parent of a protagonist in this show and a large step-up from Johanna in terms of personality, characterization and interactions. I liked how he got emotional and glomped the two Lemon siblings, attacking with them with a huge while crying was endearing and his voice-acting is pretty well done. The switch from serious Blaziken Masked man to emotional dad is noticeable, can't wait to see how this Mega Evolution subplot takes off with him. He's great.

Serena's anger felt forced to me, why should she get annoyed or angry at all that Clemont didn't tell her that he was the gym leader of the city? He only just recently started traveling with her, plus she doesn't collect badges, plus they've rarely talked, plus there's no blatant reason or giveaway that implies Clemont should tell her that he's a leader unlike with Ash in episode two. It felt more like Serena was only angry because Ash was angry and thus another possible crush throwback. I know Serena likes Ash and all, but the whole crush just feels really forced to me and cliche/non-dynamic and that just doesn't work for me. Plus in-general character shilling is pretty much not my cup of tea. Though it's not Asuna/Kirito and/or Korra/Mako level in terms of bad. Sucks that Fennekin was useless two episodes in a row but Froakie saving them was pretty cool, I like the stock footage for its Mousse.

Loved the exposition on Clemont, seeing him working on the robot was great and his life pre-traveling with Ash. I wish we had actually seen Bunnelby's capture, Heliolisk and the others are his true partners so seeing how he grabbed Bunnelby and all would have been sweet. I dislike how his in-game Emonga got erased from existence for the sake of a Magnemite, I feel like Magneton is good enough to drive home the whole scientist motif on its own and Emonga would have been pretty nice and it would have been cool to see a different take on the species after Iris's badass ***** in BW. A more sleepy, childish one perhaps?

Music scoring was enjoyable as always, I liked hearing Shinji Miyazaki's gym theme being used for Clemont. Battle was good, could have been better with a bit more time spent on it but I can't complain, especially since seeing one of my favorite Electric-types and favorite Normal-type duking it out was worth it. Heliolisk was nicely-personalitifed, that silly dancing and constant frilling was adorable. Evolving your cute little puppy dog lizard into one of those is well worth, Pokemon-Amie tells no lies in that regard nor this episode. Wish Thunderbolt was Thunder/Surf but otherwise I loved its moveset a lot, nice variation and seeing Bulldoze/Parabolic Charge was awesome of course. Clemont's Pokemon are pretty stacked, Ash has his work cut out for him. Bunnelby smashing Heliolisk and Clemont netting the win was breathtaking and I'm glad he won, he deserved some glory. You also got to appreciate how he even apologized to Heliolisk after the battle.

Music during the resolution with Clemont and Citroid was golden. Clemont started traveling because he wanted to gain more courage, he did that and took down Citroid and talked to his father about traveling and I couldn't help but be touched because it's subtle character development for Clemont. A male has never really gotten significant CD in the anime so that was fantastic and I feel like it's the most worth investing time in as a whole of the XY Quartet. Sleepover at Clemont's, character interactions galore, Serena and Bonnie were cute and seeing them sleep together with a close-up of Bonnie's amazing PJ's was fantastic. Her interactions are definitely much more lively and interesting when they aren't tied to Ash imo.

Last minute cut shot of Blaziken Mask, let's see where this leads, eagerly awaiting.

Quoting for truth.

Again I don't see what's exactly so forced about it, friendships without anyone insulting each other is very possible, not to mention that yet again, no one has had a reason to snap on one another yet, maybe later down the road in future episodes, considering Ash has picked fights with a com anion of his at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Again I don't see what's exactly so forced about it, friendships without anyone insulting each other is very possible, not to mention that yet again, no one has had a reason to snap on one another yet, maybe later down the road in future episodes, considering Ash has picked fights with a com anion of his at least once.
    yeah, i like how this friendship is. They're all on a journey having fun together, why shouldn't they be happy. Of course there will be episodes where they will get mad at each other, and sometimes tease each other.

But if you ask me, I think another group which i will not name felt forced. They had no real reason to travel together, it was like they were all just walking in the same direction.

The reason why this group feels more close, is because they had reasons to travel with ash and wanted to. Not just "hey let's just follow this kid".

Serena has her ties with ash from the past, Clemont wants to be more brave, and bonnie wants to be a pokemon trainer one day and so being with ash's pokemon is what she wants to do along with travel with her brother.
    Friends are family you choose

Oh come on, this is Pokémon for crying out loud. Not the average anime series. Pokémon is all about cheesy friendship. Does this mean Yugi and his friends were forced? Because that was way cheesier

I don't even see how it's flawless or perfect. When most kids have crushes, of course they act nicer to that person(Ash and Serena). Younger kids look up to older kids who they share things in common with and stick together a lot(Serena amd Bonnie). Happens in my family all the time. As for Clemont and Ash, Ash is unintentionally an inspiration for Clemont and his confidence issues. Ash usually bonds with the male companion anyway and a bro bond happens. It was more obvious with Brock than Cilan, but Ash and Cilan still had their moments

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Well, Ash forces friendship on everyone, it's the type of guy he is.

Edit: not to mention in interviews it's been said that people in the Pokemon world are much more friendly than people in real life.
    Last edited by diakyu; 6th December 2013 at 3:29 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

nice episode i liked it, tbut one thing i wanna ask you all,
    Do you guys think that this episode proved that pikachu didnt get reset? i mean he tied with bunnelby, and the same bunnelby beat citron's strongest pokemon?

CHARIZARD WILL ROAST YOU

While I love how everyone's been responding positively to the group's chemistry, I'm still afraid that everyone's going to be sick of them by the halfway point of the season & complain about them non-stop. After all, everyone said Ash had a great chemistry with Iris and Cilan at the beginning of BW, & look what happened

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Quoting for truth.
    Agreed somewhat, the Serena/Ash and constant shilling can bridge on forced a good amount of the time.

Just finished the episode. Not bad, but not great either. It really fluctuated in quality. Except for the scene in Clemont's house at the end, everything Bonnie and Serena did dragged down their scenes, especially the part with Magneton that did nothing but reinforce how Serena cannot defend herself and needs Ash to save her. Ash, for his parts, was just the generally annoying self-insert he's been in all the other episodes so far.

Clemont was so good in this episode that he made up for it, though. I'll have to see the subs to really grasp some of the big questions I have (why the Pokemon obeyed the Citroid when they clearly recognized Clemont, who was left in charge of the Gym at the end) but the battle was the first actually good one of this series and it actually worked with the flashy CGI and camera angles that have overwhelmed all the other battles so far.

Limone was... okay. Not crazy about him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    The reason why this group feels more close, is because they had reasons to travel with ash and wanted to. Not just "hey let's just follow this kid".
    You literally just described this group with "hey let's follow this kid." The entire thing is all because of how 'great' Ash is in their eyes and it's all forced.

If I wanted to see unwarranted hero worship I'd be watching SAO.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    While I love how everyone's been responding positively to the group's chemistry, I'm still afraid that everyone's going to be sick of them by the halfway point of the season & complain about them non-stop. After all, everyone said Ash had a great chemistry with Iris and Cilan at the beginning of BW, & look what happened
    That's a fair argument, but we'll have to wait and see. Depends on the person too tbh

Except for the scene in Clemont's house at the end, everything Bonnie and Serena did dragged down their scenes, especially the part with Magneton that did nothing but reinforce how Serena cannot defend herself and needs Ash to save her. Ash, for his parts, was just the generally annoying self-insert he's been in all the other episodes so far.
    First, should Serena be able to take down a higher level Pokémon when she hasn't even had a proper battle? If this continues then I'll agree, but it's still early.

Second, why is Ash being pro-active and butting in at times surprising? He was like this constantly throughout hundreds of episodes until BW when he was oddly more passive. Tepig's evolution episode being a prime example
    Last edited by TheFonz; 6th December 2013 at 3:48 AM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast